THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 15:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theories on the anime-themed AnthroPC's owner? (Potential spoiler warning)  (Read 16185 times)

DA_IMP

• Not quite a lurker

Ok so warning of sorts:

Don't read if you don't like the idea of maybe getting spoiled, as someone might make a guess that turns out to be right.

I don't mean this to influence the author in any way, either. I assume and hope he won't read this. From what I gather, whatever ideas he already has wouldn't be swayed anyways, and that's something I respect and encourage.

Oh and I don't remember the name of that AnthroPC so I'll stick to "female" or "anime-themed."

Assuming we already know that AnthroPC's owner, directly or indirectly. Who might she be? We know it's a she, but in QC's world that's not very limiting.

My own theory, considering the tendencies I perceive with my own subjective mind? Marten's ex. Don't remember her name. Sara, maybe. She showed up most briefly (a single strip) a long while ago, well before the #500+ events that led to Marten and Dora getting together. Must've been around strip 250 or so, but this is a very gross approximation.

What little we know of her, the only time we saw her she was apparently living in the city. Close enough to Coffee of Doom to swing by, and thus close enough to Marten's.

QC has shown a tendency for such "oddities of fate" before, and it would certainly make for a good bit of drama.

I cast my vote for this sudden (perhaps accurate) thought of mine.

What do you say?  :-D

Random832

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia

What about the Linux AnthroPC? Do we know who ownsis associated with that one??

Über

I bet you anything that her owner will be that girl who wanted to ask Marten out, then talked to Dora about it. heheheh

Then again, it could be Tai or Lydia, but I think it's the unnamed girl-thrice-in-an-awkward-position.

EDIT: That unnamed character is seen here, here, and here.

bicostp

• Beyoncé

Either

A. it's Raven (she's apparently not as dumb as she lets on, if you read some of the strips from a few years ago)
B. an entirely new character
C. someone we haven't seen in forever.

Who would want to be? It's the stereotypical obnoxious Linux user that pushes "well if you ran Linux you wouldn't have [problem]" every time a discussion about another OS comes up. Just reading the strip made me want to punch it.

giant_bug

• Emoticontraindication
  • I hope you like Giant Bugs

I hope it's Sweet-Tits.

Über

Hhhmmm I just thought of another hilarious possibility: Pizza Girl
I'm not sure what would be more fun: that or my previous suggestion. I think my previous suggestion is more likely since it's a more recent character, but who knows.

UTAlan

• Plantmonster
  • Hookem Horns!
    • My QC Site

My guess is a new character.

Quote from: jephjacques
It'll also push some other story elements forward and maybe introduce a new character! :3
http://twitter.com/jephjacques/status/1904641919

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar

A mega Hipster who hates everything that is even a little mainstream.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Angafirith

• Not quite a lurker

Knowing what I do about this comic, I'm betting that it's a hot chick...

Tago Mago

• Larger than most fish

I'm betting "she" is a male otaku in schoolgirl garb.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar

Do you always assume the worst?

Mein Tumblr

bicostp

• Beyoncé

But assuming the worst all the time means you're never disappointed.

EDIT:

Quote from: Jeph's Twitter
haha oh man the chibi anthroPC's owner looks EXACTLY like I wanted her to. hee hee hee

There goes that theory. (Thank [diety])
« Last Edit: 26 May 2009, 20:51 by bicostp »

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

No, we've never seen the Linux AnthroPC's companion human. Maybe PT-410x lives independently of humans, perhaps in a filthy squatter's colony of other "High performance open-source sentient mobile workstation".

Marigold was not what I expected. This is good. She shows promise.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Arancaytar

• Curry sauce

Knowing how small QC-world is, what are the odds that "Angus" is the same Angus we already know?

DA_IMP

• Not quite a lurker

:cry: You killed my pet theory, Jeph Jacques! You just cold shot her! ("theory" being a "female" word in spanish)  :cry: :cry: :cry:

Anyways...

Yeah, I'm with Arancaytar. That makes sense. Even if the character was new, it was logical to expect some connection. Not a logical connection in itself mind you, since PintSize doesn't even know Angus McPhee himself, but...

Here's for hoping PintSize's chassis has some other special tricks that Marigold can trigger/enable/unleash  :evil:

Pyrix

I'd say that the Angus mentioned is definitely the McArgument guy Angus, and Faye'll get super jealous about them being close or something.

Also, I reckon there will be rivalry/hatred between Marigold and Hanners, since they are practically opposite from what we can see so far.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

I think it would be hilarious and maybe a little predictable if Angus was dating Marigold. Because it would further making Faye look like a total bitch. Since she always thinks Angus is hitting on her. TURNS OUT HE HAD A GIRLFRIEND.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Random832

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia

I'd say that the Angus mentioned is definitely the McArgument guy Angus, and Faye'll get super jealous about them being close or something.

Also, I reckon there will be rivalry/hatred between Marigold and Hanners, since they are practically opposite from what we can see so far.

*slaps $10 down on the table* Hanners will break into Marigold's apartment and clean it. Like an OCD NINJA.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L

I think it would be hilarious and maybe a little predictable if Angus was dating Marigold. Because it would further making Faye look like a total bitch. Since she always thinks Angus is hitting on her. TURNS OUT HE HAD A GIRLFRIEND.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
  • What a curious and altogether strange place.
    • tweet, twit.

You mean someone like this?
I SAY I only fuck donkeys but sometimes I fuck mules too
Fight Me, Bitches!

hecticthe13th

possibly, but Marigold and Angus do look kinda alike...besides, what girlfriend do you know that greets her man with something like "Damnit Angus!" My money's on brother/sister or something like that, or maybe really awkward roommates.

Beaten by Nuns

• Plantmonster

You folks don't seem to remember the more recent strips of 1363 and 1369 where they spoke of Angus's recent ex girlfriend and how she "Had a doctorate in belittling people." My bet is that Marigold is his recent ex, judging from her yelling in panel one; I'd say that she'd be capable of some good belittling.

Juniper Jade

• Larger than most fish
  • brb picking up high school boys
    • Myspaces

You folks don't seem to remember the more recent strips of 1363 and 1369 where they spoke of Angus's recent ex girlfriend and how she "Had a doctorate in belittling people." My bet is that Marigold is his recent ex, judging from her yelling in panel one; I'd say that she'd be capable of some good belittling.
That's what I was thinking too!
"Happiness is the secret to all beauty. There is no beauty that is attractive without happiness." - Christian Dior

ThePrettyMonster

• Emoticontraindication
  • :P

*slaps $10 down on the table* Hanners will break into Marigold's apartment and clean it. Like an OCD NINJA.

And then Marigold has a goes insane.
kidding.
Addicted to QC since August 14th 2007. Thank you, Noelle Wells!

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar

I've seen worse.

Mein Tumblr

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage

I've seen worse.

GAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

*Sporks out eyes*
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

LunaCorn

• Not quite a lurker

You wins an internets
~You can't plant roots and have wings too.

Coffee_Kaioken

• Furry furrier

That's what I was thinking too!

Plus Faye was teasing Angus about WoW and masturbation. Which, in this case, may be possibly indicated by copying Pintsize's hentai directory.

.... but if they were together, gross. I mean obviously she's no Nat, but like... gross.

A mega Hipster who hates everything that is even a little mainstream.

Why would he take that form?

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1105
« Last Edit: 01 Jun 2009, 06:33 by Coffee_Kaioken »

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

No, we've never seen the Linux AnthroPC's companion human. Maybe PT-410x lives independently of humans, perhaps in a filthy squatter's colony of other "High performance open-source sentient mobile workstation".
A squat inhabited by "free" (as in speech of course, not beer ;) ) AnthroPCs is a rather nifty idea. Would it be too groan-worthy if they called themselves High-performance Open-source Binary Operators?  :-D

Perhaps PT-410x ran away after suffering that last upgrade at the hands of his ex-owner. The little green dude might have found refuge there too.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

Runaways, derelicts, and HOBOs. I like it.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.
Pages: [1]   Go Up