No
- 2 (8%)
Not if I do one first
- 5 (20%)
Over my dead and rotting corps
- 4 (16%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT 1-5 Jun 09  (Read 68416 times)

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
Re: WCT 1-5 Jun 09
« Reply #100 on: 03 Jun 2009, 04:56 »

They still banning people for being creepy on here or are we safe again?    Just wondering I got a buncha good 'uns I've been saving.

Yes, I am still banning people for being creepy.  It is not a transitory thing.

Random832

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #101 on: 03 Jun 2009, 05:04 »

Did you, in fact, read:
[...] creepiness being a bannable offense, being highly subjective and all. Banning people just because you're a mod and they creep you out and you can- not exactly conducive to open discussion. When the newsbox is currently saying this "THE NEWSBOX IS FURIOUSLY MASTURBATING TO THE PICTURES YOU POSTED IN THE PHOTO THREAD" to me, what happened here http://forums.questionablecontent.net/index.php/topic,23152.100.html is overreacting.
Just sayin'.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #102 on: 03 Jun 2009, 05:15 »

Yeah I did.  What's your point?  The newsbox post is an obvious joke.  Constantly cheering for various members of the cast to fuck each other isn't.

philharmonic

• Furry furrier
« Reply #103 on: 03 Jun 2009, 06:36 »

anyhoo comic comment here eh (my canadistan is showing again)
for a moment I thought "Osaka's" expression changed from a huh wha spaced out to more of a ahh i'm happy now but sadly its just my imagination. They look exactly the same. Way too keep the continuity there Jeph. :laugh:

*edit* also at least Hannah didn't go all 5S on the room. Although the dirty clothes bin sign comes close.
« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2009, 07:00 by philharmonic »
*was getting tired of that slug*

Aegir

« Reply #104 on: 03 Jun 2009, 08:46 »

Yeah I did.  What's your point?  The newsbox post is an obvious joke.  Constantly cheering for various members of the cast to fuck each other isn't.
Someone as sensitive as you being given administrative privileges is an obvious joke.

koernel

« Reply #105 on: 03 Jun 2009, 09:47 »

Drill seargent, definitely.

"Private Marigold, what do you think you are doing? Move your lazy ass to the bathroom and clean yourself, ASAP! And if I see one more dirty spot in this house, I dare you Private, pass is axed!"

"M-ma'am, yes, ma'am..."

SleeperCylon

« Reply #106 on: 03 Jun 2009, 09:48 »

Is this one of those sitcom situations where they realize in the end, the ideal cleanliness lies in the middle ground?

I think I saw this episode of Full House already.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #107 on: 03 Jun 2009, 09:53 »

There is no middle ground - there is clean, there is not clean - the middle ground you speak of is simply a degree of uncleanliness.

And speaking as someone who has gone through lots of living in miltiary barracks (and of inspecting them), there is either clean, or there is a completely disgusting cesspool guaranteed to have you in the MIR for some self inflicted disease brought on by your filthy habits.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

westrim

« Reply #108 on: 03 Jun 2009, 10:45 »

Someone as sensitive as you being given administrative privileges is an obvious joke.

Hey now. Don't be rude just because you disagree- that's counterproductive at best.

That said, the sensitivity level does need to be lowered quite a bit. I don't think that two people coming up with hypothetical names for hypothetical relationships between fictional characters mean to be taken seriously, even if it's not a joke. Taking something seriously that's not meant to be is just as hostile (if not more so) as being (subjectively) creepy.

And to be clear to those wondering what the hell this chatter is about, at here: http://forums.questionablecontent.net/index.php/topic,23152.100.html there was a bunch of chatter shipping hannelore, marigold, others The last two to comment on it (after est had expressed displeasure with the topic but said nothing about bannings) said this: "Shouldn't that be RUN!!!! ESCAPE!!!!  Cheesy
Yes, I am a Runescape victim
*USS HanTai goes to Red Alert*"
And this: "Quote from: Kugai on May 27, 2009, 10:22:43 PM
*USS HanTai goes to Red Alert*
Maybe there can be a HanTai/Marigold threeway!
*ahem*
*goes back to lurking*" and were banned for three days for their comments. I really shouldn't care about this, not being a shipper in general and not being involved in this specifically, but this kind of situation really bugs me.

Shadic

• Shadic's Website
« Reply #109 on: 03 Jun 2009, 11:05 »

You are my most favorite person ever. As a proud non-creeper, I may actually spapost here more often now.

MrMonk

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #110 on: 03 Jun 2009, 11:21 »

None of the above.

Marigold has obviously stimulated Hannelore's mothering instinct.

If you don't hear from me again, expect the worse.  Long live the Batman.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #111 on: 03 Jun 2009, 12:21 »

As one of the Banee's and a Site Admin myself, I can understand where est was coming from.  Other issues over the banning were sorted out privately between me and est, and as far as I am concerned, the issue is closed, dead and buried - further discussion on this matter is flogging a dead, smelly Horse.

I still think Hanners would make a good Drill Seargent, but should go for training with R. Lee Ermy   :D
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #112 on: 03 Jun 2009, 12:25 »

From now on all moderators have my permission to permanently ban anyone using shipper-mashups of character names because if I see one more instance of the word "HanTai" I am going to burn this entire fucking place to the ground.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #113 on: 03 Jun 2009, 12:28 »

Best news I've heard all day.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #114 on: 03 Jun 2009, 13:00 »

"I..it was vintage"

That's classic!

See what I did there?

:wink:
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

Newbia

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #115 on: 03 Jun 2009, 13:12 »

quote Also she doesn't know how to properly pluralize "manga." unquote

Actually, Jeph, there is no way to properly pluralize manga; Japanese has no plurals. (Weird, huh?) Unless the proper pluralization is "mangii"?

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #116 on: 03 Jun 2009, 13:23 »

I think with Manga, it's a matter of context.  There really is no plural for it.
James The Kugai 

frullic

• Furry furrier
  • Warning: Contents under parental pressure.
    • An Adventurer is Me!
« Reply #117 on: 03 Jun 2009, 13:27 »

From now on all moderators have my permission to permanently ban anyone using shipper-mashups of character names because if I see one more instance of the word "HanTai" I am going to burn this entire fucking place to the ground.

awww, you're not fun, first 4chan's /b/ and now here? CENSORSHIP!
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Manix

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #118 on: 03 Jun 2009, 13:32 »

Thank you Jeph. You are a good man.

"Sends Jeph a hearty virtual slap on the back."

Fenriswolf

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #119 on: 03 Jun 2009, 13:37 »

Wooooo, Jeph! I cannot believe people are bitching about the mods being "too sensitive". Given Jeph actually, seriously has considered shutting this down for obnoxiousness I think we can all suck it up.  :roll:

Edit: Hanners irritates me due to insipid-ness and knowing a gazillion people are going "aww, Hanners!!!" at any given time, but in particular irritated me today because I live in a fucking pig sty (er, no wild rats though), because there are two human hoarders (of things) and a lot of animals in a big house and we both work a lot. Yes I need to change it but if someone dared speak to me like that it'd be a fine line as to whether I would actually smack them one, and I've never hit anyone who didn't hit me first. For fuck's sake.  :x
« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2009, 13:42 by Fenriswolf »

frozen_flame

• Not quite a lurker
  • Mr Messy
« Reply #120 on: 03 Jun 2009, 14:02 »

mmmm fire
In need of a better avatar.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #121 on: 03 Jun 2009, 16:55 »

OK, pardon me while I go get the torch.  Do you want gasoline or kerosene for the acellerant?
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

fifthfiend

• Larger than most fish
  • Huffalump
« Reply #122 on: 03 Jun 2009, 17:20 »

Edit: Hanners irritates me due to insipid-ness and knowing a gazillion people are going "aww, Hanners!!!" at any given time, but in particular irritated me today because I live in a fucking pig sty (er, no wild rats though), because there are two human hoarders (of things) and a lot of animals in a big house and we both work a lot. Yes I need to change it but if someone dared speak to me like that it'd be a fine line as to whether I would actually smack them one, and I've never hit anyone who didn't hit me first. For fuck's sake.  :x

This was the best most un-insipid Hannelore comic in years. If you're over the age of 20 and someone has to clean that much shit out of your living space for you they are allowed to talk to you like that and you are required to let them.
« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2009, 17:22 by fifthfiend »

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #123 on: 03 Jun 2009, 17:28 »

This was the best most un-insipid Hannelore comic in years. If you're over the age of 20 and someone has to clean that much shit out of your living space for you they are allowed to talk to you like that and you are required to let them.
If she chose to live that way, she certainly deserved it, as her room was a pestilent hole putting the health of the rest of the inhabitants of that building at risk. But if she is indeed a compulsive hoarder, she certainly did not deserve such a scolding. Anyways, I think taking advantage of Hanners and her compulsions was an even worse act.

MrDorman

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #124 on: 03 Jun 2009, 17:32 »

You folks do realize you are talking about made up people, as in, they are not real, right?

no one special

• Curry sauce
  • I been rockin' this brainslug since I was like, 5.
« Reply #125 on: 03 Jun 2009, 17:34 »

OK, pardon me while I go get the torch.  Do you want gasoline or kerosene for the acellerant?

Screw that - get me 10 pounds of sodium and a kiddie pool.   :evil:

(i imagine it'll go something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY7mTCMvpEM)

« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2009, 17:36 by no one special »
Quote from: Kai
if I was making music I would want to be able to eat. If you download it, at least like, make me a fucking sandwich or send me some pop tarts or something.

Random832

« Reply #126 on: 03 Jun 2009, 17:55 »

Screw that - get me 10 pounds of sodium and a kiddie pool.   :evil:

(i imagine it'll go something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY7mTCMvpEM)

Chlorine trifluoride: "in an industrial accident, a spill of 900 kg of chlorine trifluoride burned itself through 30 cm of concrete and 90 cm of gravel beneath."

Aegir

« Reply #127 on: 03 Jun 2009, 18:14 »

You folks do realize you are talking about made up people, as in, they are not real, right?
All discussion about the motivations of fictional characters includes the conceit that they are real in the context of their fictional world.

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #128 on: 03 Jun 2009, 18:23 »

Only if you don't have access to the Gay Deceiver.   :D
James The Kugai 

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #129 on: 03 Jun 2009, 18:45 »

It's possible to get a degree and spend your life talking about made-up people.

Somewhere in the archives there's a thread discussing why we talk about the characters like they were real people.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

FourNineFoxtrot

• Emoticontraindication
  • Hell on Wheels
« Reply #130 on: 03 Jun 2009, 18:48 »

Kugai, way to bust out a Heinlein reference.  Haven't read Number of the Beast in ages. 

Pantheistic Multiple Solipsism.

Says it all.
Garry Owen!

Aegir

« Reply #131 on: 03 Jun 2009, 19:17 »

In other news, the character of Marigold has made me realize that I, too, am a compulsive hoarder.

BladeDancer

• Not quite a lurker
  • It's hard to be a filler
« Reply #132 on: 03 Jun 2009, 20:20 »

"I..it was vintage"

That's classic!

See what I did there?

:wink:

You made me laugh. Like, actually out load. :)

awww, you're not fun, first 4chan's /b/ and now here? CENSORSHIP!

Yah, cause /b/ is so heavily censored and clean. =P

NeverQuiteGoth

• Curry sauce
    • The Raiden Saga
« Reply #133 on: 03 Jun 2009, 20:37 »

I vote we add this sentence to the bannable-offense list.
Yes, thank goodness we live in an enlightened society where we're horribly sexist to both men and woman in equal measure. >.<

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #134 on: 03 Jun 2009, 21:52 »

So!!!! Marigold really does know Angus, but how?

are they:
a) dating
b) siblings
c) roommates
d) in some sort of business relation ship
e) something else entirely

I hope we find out tomorrow.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Buggman

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #135 on: 03 Jun 2009, 21:54 »

Bwaaaaah-ha-haaa!  I am SOOOO lucky that I didn't read that strip at work.  No way the boss wouldn't have come over to see what my cackling was about.
"Your failure to be informed does not make me a kook."

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #136 on: 03 Jun 2009, 21:59 »

There was something that really caught my eye about Marigold's sideways glance in panel 3, something that suggested she knew something was about to happen.

Marten has the weirdest friends.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

ysth

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • capital eszet
« Reply #137 on: 03 Jun 2009, 22:03 »

....wait....

LizziL

• Larger than most fish
  • 'This thing came out of our cat...'
« Reply #138 on: 03 Jun 2009, 22:04 »

So!!!! Marigold really does know Angus, but how?

are they:
a) dating
b) siblings
c) roommates

I hope we find out tomorrow.
I never thought siblings...that's a possibility though!

RefD

• Larger than most fish
  • A heartfelt, moving tribute to ennui.
« Reply #139 on: 03 Jun 2009, 22:06 »

the last panel is making me happy in what i suspect are unintended ways.

ThePrettyMonster

• Emoticontraindication
  • :P
« Reply #140 on: 03 Jun 2009, 22:11 »

I am still laughing at today's strip.
I want a print of Angus hugging Hanners.
Addicted to QC since August 14th 2007. Thank you, Noelle Wells!

philharmonic

• Furry furrier
« Reply #141 on: 03 Jun 2009, 23:20 »

liked the tearfull puppy eyes on Angus....so much emotion :cry:
*was getting tired of that slug*

Juniper Jade

• Larger than most fish
  • brb picking up high school boys
    • Myspaces
« Reply #142 on: 03 Jun 2009, 23:21 »

I'm thinking Marigold and Angus are siblings! I don't know why I just get that feeling from how Angus reacted in today's strip, it was just the first thing came to my mind. Maybe they're like half siblings or something... maybe even step siblings? I just don't think they're dating for whatever reason.
"Happiness is the secret to all beauty. There is no beauty that is attractive without happiness." - Christian Dior

Luneward

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #143 on: 03 Jun 2009, 23:31 »

a) dating
b) siblings
c) roommates

I'm going to go with C) for now.  They look only a bit alike (around the eyes), so they could be siblings, but I'm guessing roommates for now.  Mostly because they were already in the apartment when they knocked on her door, and she was expecting Angus.  After all, if he has to live around her filth, he would be thrilled that it was cleaned up.  Though C) does not necessarily rule out B).

TheReaper

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #144 on: 04 Jun 2009, 00:51 »

I feel for Marten.
I really, really do. I know his pain.
Good things are fleeting. The bad ones are usually here to stay.

frozen_flame

• Not quite a lurker
  • Mr Messy
« Reply #145 on: 04 Jun 2009, 01:34 »

I'll go for roommates. It makes the most sense - would feel a little too, iunno..forced? if she turned out to be Angus's ex. I mean, why would he go back to his ex, who he so obviously hated

Or divorced. Because it makes no sense.
« Last Edit: 04 Jun 2009, 01:40 by frozen_flame »
In need of a better avatar.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #146 on: 04 Jun 2009, 03:27 »

Oh wow, Jeph really took a turn for the better by adding Marigold as a character. So much fun.  :lol:
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

IlGreven

• Emoticontraindication
  • Also, no 4-year-olds on the pee-pee.
    • Grev's Big Journal Thingy
« Reply #147 on: 04 Jun 2009, 03:54 »

So, I'm ready for Faye to go off on Angus before he tells her Marigold's his sister...
A gigantic force on the 'Net, and even BIGGER in person.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #148 on: 04 Jun 2009, 03:58 »

And as of 0657 (GMT -5) the results were

New career options for Hanners

Drill Sergeant  17 (29.3%)
Actress in the "She Hulk" movie  8 (13.8%)
Motivational speaker  8 (13.8%)
Breakfast chef (she makes good pancakes)  13 (22.4%)
Veronica Vance stand in  12 (20.7%)

Total Voters: 58

As if we didn't this coming.  Her intro had all the subtly of a comeon by a drunken teenager.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #149 on: 04 Jun 2009, 04:07 »

The aliteration bug hit - and then ran.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up