THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 Apr 2024, 19:03
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Fishing!  (Read 6652 times)

Masterbainter

• FIGHT YOU
  • those times...
Fishing!
« on: 12 Jun 2009, 05:14 »

Does anyone fish?
yes
Are you successful?
sometimes, mostly when I fish the missouri here
What is your favorite time of year to fish?
spring! then summer...
What kind of fish do you most like catching?
Largemouth bass are fun, Northern pike are such a fun catch on artificial lures.  The line just takes off in one direction then the other before you even have a chance to set the hook!

edit: suppose I might as well answer..
« Last Edit: 12 Jun 2009, 05:28 by Masterbainter »
Hey guys let me tell you about my intercourses.

My intercourses, let me tell you about them.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
Re: Fishing!
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jun 2009, 05:24 »

In summer/autum, I spend a great deal of time at my grandparent's cabin, and we fish with nets. We get loads of fish, and my favorite is mackerel. Fried. M, yes.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jun 2009, 06:16 »

I know that I'm not the only person who misread the title of this thread.
Disappointed, or relieved? I do not really know...

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jun 2009, 06:18 »

I was kind of disappointed, actually.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jun 2009, 06:48 »

Dude, my fists are pretty huge.

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #5 on: 12 Jun 2009, 07:04 »

I used to fish with my dad when I was little.  We'd wake up around 4:00 and go to some place he'd find in the woods either on a rickety old bridge or a big rock or something and just spend a couple hours trying to catch something.  Putting the worm on the hook used to gross me out, so he'd do it for me and I would catch more than he would.  That stopped when I became a teenager and "got a life" but sometimes I miss it.  It was one of the few times when I was little that he was sober enough to pay attention to me.

I don't know what kinds of fish I caught.  They were never bigger than 6 inches and we only went to streams in southern New Hampshire. 

I'm not sure I'll ever fish again.  At this point, it really seems boring.  The only reason I liked it when I was little is because my dad was there, I think. 
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #6 on: 12 Jun 2009, 07:04 »

Ben, what on earth do fist have to do with anything?

Llewellian

• Furry furrier
  • Kraut ;o)
« Reply #7 on: 12 Jun 2009, 07:13 »

I love to eat fish (especially plaice and salmon). Unfortunately, in my whole family and circle of friends only my uncle goes fishing - and he wants strictly to be alone when he does this. So... nope, i NEVER did fish anything myself... aside from the exception that i am allowed to catch-grab and club me a rainbow trout every now and then from his little fish farming lake.

9 out of 10 voices in my head tell me that i am not mad. The 10th hums the Tetris Tune.

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #8 on: 12 Jun 2009, 08:55 »

Fishing is kinda like golf to me.  You're not doing it for anything exciting to happen; it's supposed to be a relaxing, low-key activity.  The moments of excitement are few and far between, and often memorable, but they're not really the point.  You're outdoors, getting some sunshine and fresh air.  With golf, you're also getting in a fair amount of walking, which is good for you.  With fishing, you're often in some really nice place.  A stream in the woods, on a boat on a lake, etc.  So people who complain about it being boring are missing the point.  It's not supposed to be exciting in the first place.  It's a break from exciting.

I'm another one of those who spent a lot of mornings in my youth getting up at 4 in the morning and going fishing with my dad.  We spent hours and hours talking about things.  Everything.  Or just not talking and chilling out.  I miss those days.

Here is me last summer.  We were staying at a campsite that had a fishing pond stocked with bluegill, and my kids wanted to go fishing.  This is one of the smallest fish I've ever caught, 'cause if they're any smaller, they can't bite a hook.  But it was fun.  We each caught like ten of these little things in an hour of two, then they wanted to do something else.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #9 on: 12 Jun 2009, 09:03 »

When I used to fish with my grandpa (he had a stocked pond behind his house), I used to catch tiny bluegill all the time. I think I caught a few bass, too, but I remember we usually just let them go after we caught them. If he went fishing with one of my uncles at one of the larger lakes in the area, he'd either bring them back to put in the pond or to eat, but I only remember him cleaning fish once or twice, so we didn't eat fresh ones often.

Since he died, I haven't been fishing, but I could see myself doing it again with someone else who wanted to.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

iamiam

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #10 on: 12 Jun 2009, 09:08 »

the only thing i fish for is compliments.
Quote from: meebo
[11:09] Darryl: MaiAda: the Beat Happening of the QC boards
[11:10] Darryl: so subtly subversive that not everybody can even tell
[11:10] Darryl: punk as fuck
[11:10] Darryl: ponies and rainbows

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #11 on: 12 Jun 2009, 09:22 »

I used to fish all the time as a kid, my dad would take me and my brothers out all over, and whenever we'd go on family vacations the chance of fishing at the location was always considered. Pretty much gave up when we moved to Maryland though, and the in-state fishing here sucks.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #12 on: 12 Jun 2009, 09:39 »

the last time i remember fishing was on a camping trip with my friends before moving to guelph. on the last day before we left we were sitting on the dock on the lake trying really hard for hours to catch these fish we could see moving under the water and we couldn't get a single thing. right next to us was some little kid who was maybe five or six years old who was also fishing and catching something every five minutes. we asked him what he was doing different from us and why we weren't catching any fish and he gave us a whole bunch of tips but none of them worked for us. then he said "here, i'll let my fish go where you are" out of pity and did that for a little while and we still couldn't catch anything and he was still somehow really successful. finally he told us we sucked a lot and should probably give up. since children don't tell me very often that i am really bad at something and should quit, we figured maybe he had a point and didn't argue with him. i haven't fished again since then. oh well tania, you can't win them all.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

A Wet Helmet

• Beyoncé
  • The war against lolcats begins now
« Reply #13 on: 12 Jun 2009, 11:01 »

I love to fish.  So much that I bought a house on a lake so I could walk out in my back yard and drown worms whenever I feel like it.  (This was always a child hood dream of mine).  Unfortunately, by the time I could afford to buy a house on a lake, the responsibilities of paying  for that house on the lake mean I almost never get to go fishing.    :oops:

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #14 on: 12 Jun 2009, 11:41 »

I caught all the rare fish in Ocarina of Time.

Actually I really do enjoy fishing when I get the chance. It is entirely relaxing and wonderful.
Quote from: Lunchbox
It is not wussy. There are orifices being assaulted all over the shop.

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #15 on: 12 Jun 2009, 12:17 »

"I'm not gonna Raichu a love song" -- hee hee.

"...unless you play it on clarinet" -- a bit non-sequitor, but amusing nonetheless.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

Cernunnos

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • What
« Reply #16 on: 12 Jun 2009, 14:37 »

Fishing is basically the most fun thing! it's been a while since i went on a real fishing expedition, but i did go a few weeks ago, and had decent luck catching a fairly large bluegill and one bass and such. But really, it was nice just being out there in the woods, at the edge of a pond drinking beer with my closest friends. I look forward to fishing again, and hopefully this will occur soon.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #17 on: 12 Jun 2009, 15:15 »

My grandmother used to live by a lake down outside of Conroe, Texas. Once when we visited when I was like 12 I woke up at six, went down to the dock across the one lane road from her house, cast out and on the first cast caught a 3 and a half pound crappie, which is pretty big for a crappie, record is over 5 though, off of a little yellow jig that belonged to my grand-dad whom I'd never met, he died before I was born. Anyway, I walked up to the house with my catch just about when everyone was waking up. My Grandma was just surprised that I'd managed to wake up under my own power, and my Dad was really proud and excited (since he's the one who we go fishing with), telling me how crappie was one of his favorite fish to eat. We had a trot-line set up that we checked later on that day, as well as some further day fishing we had a ton of catfish, a couple small mouth bass and the crappie, and we had a big freakin dinner. I tried a little of the crappie but didn't like it so my dad ate most of it and instead I went for the fried catfish. Good memory...
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #18 on: 12 Jun 2009, 15:22 »

Actually I really do enjoy fishing when I get the chance. It is entirely relaxing and wonderful.

I stopped playing the Wii Zelda cause the fishing was just stupid.

I like fishing. Last time I went was too long ago, but it was completely relaxing. We brought a shishah! Didn't catch anything though. I doubt the two are related.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #19 on: 12 Jun 2009, 15:30 »

I also had a wow toon with, like, over 200 in the fishing skill.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #20 on: 12 Jun 2009, 22:59 »

What is your favorite time of year to fist?
Christmas.
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #21 on: 12 Jun 2009, 23:43 »

Guys! I'm going fishing tomorrow at my family's cabin! One time I accidentally got a snapping turtle! (He was turned into soup) I like walleye the best followed by northern pike mmmm
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #22 on: 13 Jun 2009, 08:02 »

Walleye nom nom nom.

Maybe I will go fishing with my dad tomorrow morning! Oh goodness I should, I have not been out in the boat in a few years.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #23 on: 13 Jun 2009, 16:25 »

The snapping turtle thing reminds me that when we went up to my dad's cousin's house a few weeks ago, we decided to go canoeing. Well we took a back road to get to the place and in the middle of it was an enormous snapping turtle. We didn't want to crush it, and since I'm a big fan of herpetology and own a couple snakes and watch animal planet a lot, the consensus was that I was the one least likely to get a finger bit off. Those guys are quick, I gotta say, but I only managed to get scraped a little by its back legs due to an awkward angle at picking it up. We went along our merry way.

Just a little anecdote with no real interesting parts to it, I kinda want to get a turtle next.

Zingoleb

« Reply #24 on: 13 Jun 2009, 17:28 »

This thread is even better when you replace every occurrence of 'fish' with 'fist'.

"I love to eat fist."
"I'm going fisting tomorrow at my family's cabin!"

I haven't gone fishing in years, sadly.

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #25 on: 13 Jun 2009, 20:43 »

I used to fish back when I was a youngster. I never caught anything. It was nice to sit there for an entire and not catch anything because really, the only fun I had was casting the rod.ß

Victorinia

• Plantmonster
« Reply #26 on: 13 Jun 2009, 22:09 »

There were a couple of summers back when I was 10-12 or so that I went fishing with my dad almost every week. We rarely caught anything, but when we did, it was small rainbow trout.
Way more mosquitos bit me during our excursions than fish bit my line. But it was kind of fun I guess?

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #27 on: 13 Jun 2009, 22:38 »

Update: I didn't actually fish, as I don't have a license, but my 8 year old cousin caught a bluegill but I did all the work. I'll consider it a win.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Dollface

• Bling blang blong blung
  • And i thought there would be breasts.
« Reply #28 on: 13 Jun 2009, 22:43 »

Dude, my fists are pretty huge.

Like popeye huge?

i like ice fishing.
Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #29 on: 13 Jun 2009, 23:19 »

Back when my great-grandma still lived out in montana we would visit sometimes and there's some pretty great fishing out there.  Montana brook trout is, to this day, the most delicious seafood I've ever tasted.  Dunno why, but it is just amazing, even compared to other trout (which is decidedly okay).

One time on a fishing trip in montana my oldest brother caught an unopened 6-pack of diet caffeine free pepsi.

I used to fish all the time as a kid, my dad would take me and my brothers out all over, and whenever we'd go on family vacations the chance of fishing at the location was always considered. Pretty much gave up when we moved to Maryland though, and the in-state fishing here sucks.

Yeah, with no natural lakes in-state there ain't a whole lot o' good fishin' to be had.  Plus all the dumping in the Bay is just turning it to shit.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

Cernunnos

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • What
« Reply #30 on: 14 Jun 2009, 05:22 »

last time i went fishing i caught one this |------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
big.

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*
« Reply #31 on: 18 Jun 2009, 04:18 »

I started a fishing thread when I first joined here. It went downhill fairly quickly.

I mostly do fly fishing for brown trout, occasionally sea trout and salmon, but, I will pretty much fish for anything given the opportunity.

Most of my fishing is done from the start of April till October. It's one of my favourite activities, it gets me out of the house and out into the countryside and lets me see nature.

I guess fishing is what I do to escape from everything. I can just grab my rod ( HAHAHA PENIS) and tackle and jump on my bike and go fishing. It doesn't matter if I catch anything, or even if the weather is miserable, I still enjoy every moment of it. I can't stand fishing on a stocked pond, it has to be a wild loch or river.

Anyway I love fishing.

Get off my land

Aimless

• Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #32 on: 18 Jun 2009, 12:28 »

Ahhhh this thread! It stirs long-buried longings in me!!

I haven't been fishing for years, but recently I've really been feeling the urge. A friend of mine told me there's really good trout-fishing near her village, so I'll be checking that out in a couple of weeks. And recently I found out there's a lot of very large pike not far from uni, so I'll be checking that out, too.

Back when I used to fish, I mostly fished for pike and perch, but whenever I got the chance I'd fish for sea trout and salmon and rainbow trout... because they're not only fun to catch but absolutely delicious imo. When I went fishing with my mum and my sis we mostly caught tons of Baltic herring, perch, bream and roach. Those are some of my mum's favourite fishes to cook, so we'd do it mostly for her sake even though we could think of better things to munch on :o

There's a lot to be said for fishless fishing, though. A peaceful pond, a simple rod and line, a comfy chair, tea, good company or a good book... it's almost (ALMOST) a shame to catch anything.
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

SonofZ3

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #33 on: 18 Jun 2009, 19:14 »

Fly fishing is my favorite hobby. I tie all my own flies and release everything I catch. Here are some pics.
Relaxing won the bank of a stream

wild brown trout

steelhead

walleye on the fly

sucker on the fly
I've gained nothing from Zen.

phooey

• FIGHT YOU
  • prisencolinensinainciusol
« Reply #34 on: 18 Jun 2009, 21:32 »

I thought there was just one?  Looks like I'll be hittin' the 64 pretty hard this weekend.  Again.

Professor Snuggles

• Only pretending to work
« Reply #35 on: 18 Jun 2009, 23:45 »

Damn that is a fatty Steelhead.

I used to love fishing, then I stopped, then I started again, then my friend broke the tip off my fly rod.

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*
« Reply #36 on: 19 Jun 2009, 08:51 »

Nice photos SonofZ3. I tie all my own flies myself. Where about do you usually fish? What species is that thing in the third picture, it's and ugly bastard.
Get off my land

SonofZ3

« Reply #37 on: 19 Jun 2009, 10:39 »

ledhendrix- I live in Northwestern Pennsylvania, which provides me with a really good variety of fish to pursue. Everything from trophy trout in the Alleghney river to small native brook trout to walleye, pike, and smallmouth bass. The fish in the third picture is a Steelhead, which is simply a rainbow trout that starts in a stream, travels downstream to a lake or ocean, and then returns annually (after spending 2 or 3 years in the lake/ocean) each fall to spawn and spend time eating salmon eggs in the stream in which it was born. Here in Pennsylvania we're lucky enough to have steelhead runs that enter the streams flowing into lake Erie. A lot of people call them "chromers" because they tend to be very silvery when they first enter the streams, and don't have much of the red/pink stripe that stream resident rainbows will. HUGE brown trout also run up the lake erie tributaries, but they are fewer and far between, and I haven't been lucky enough to catch one yet.

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #38 on: 19 Jun 2009, 11:03 »

I thought they were called Steelhead when they're out in the lake.  In a river, you call them Rainbow Trout. 

(For those who don't know, they're the same species but are awesome enough to have two names.)

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*
« Reply #39 on: 19 Jun 2009, 14:58 »

Oops I meant the 4th picture sorry.

I've had a few rainbow trout over here in Scotland. They are farmed and quite often escape and head up the river beside me (The River Awe) and other rivers around Scotland. They aren't the same as your nice wild ones though. They are scabby and bloated from being farm fed. Some lucky ones do make it to stay on a while and heal up. Loch Awe, which holds the Scottish record for a Brown Trout (31lbs i think), has a few fish cages on it and a lot of fish escape into the loch, they start off from 10oz up to about 5lbs and have been caught later on 20lbs plus. They can be excellent fun and they are good eating too. I would usually release all my fish but as they're non native you are required by law to remove them from anywhere they weren't before.

Scottish "Wild" Rainbow Trout

Orbert they are Rainbow trout if they are non migratory and Steelhead if they migrate from the ocean or a huge lake to spawn in streams like SonofZ3 said. Interestingly enough they aren't true trout, they are part of the Char family.

Brown trout have the same thing over here but they are unimaginatively called sea trout. Excellent fun fishing for them though. A bit of night time sea trout fishing on a river in the middle of summer is a great thing.
Get off my land

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #40 on: 19 Jun 2009, 15:32 »

Orbert they are Rainbow trout if they are non migratory and Steelhead if they migrate from the ocean or a huge lake to spawn in streams like SonofZ3 said. Interestingly enough they aren't true trout, they are part of the Char family.

Ah, that makes sense.  The definition seems to get adapted to suit the situation.  I grew up on the Great Lakes here in the U.S., and when they're out in the lake (Lake Michigan, Lake Huron, etc.) we call them Steelhead, but if you catch the same fish on a river, it's a Rainbow.  Or maybe I just understood the definition wrong, because your definition is similar but actually makes more sense.

I didn't realize that they aren't trout, though.  I'm not sure whether to be disappointed, or perhaps even angry at being deceived all these years by mere fish.

SonofZ3

« Reply #41 on: 19 Jun 2009, 20:55 »

ah the fourth fish! That is a walleye, a memeber of the perch family. Most closely related to the Zander of england I believe? (as far as european fishes go). They're pretty mediocre as far as a fly rod fish goes. They do not fight anywhere near what a trout of the same size does, and are usually caught with sinking lines or heavily weighted streamer flies. The best way to fish for them in rivers is with a spinning outfit with lead weights and live miinows, or jigs. being only a fly fisherman I don't catch too many. They are delicious to eat, but I don't catch enough to be able to count on them for a meal.
If there are hard and fast definitions for the difference between Steelhead and rainbow trout I don't know them. Calling them steelhead while in the stream may be a regional thing. There are streams that have populations of both Steelhead and non-migratory rainbows, so maybe in that case keeping them seperate just makes it easier when describing what tackle to use or what you caught?
I think the brown trout is the only true trout we have in the U.S...I think.
For a while in college I was planning a trip to Wales to fish for sewin(sp?). At the time it seemed far fetched and like I couldn't afford it. I really wished I would've gone. Now I REALLY can't afford it, and regret not taking the opportunity.

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #42 on: 22 Jun 2009, 09:38 »

We have Lake Trout in the Great Lakes.  I hope they're real trout, because if they aren't, then they'd be Lake NonTrout or something.

SonofZ3

« Reply #43 on: 22 Jun 2009, 15:46 »

They're char actually. Just look at the genus to find out. Char are genus salvelinus, such as arctic char salvelinus alpinus, brook trout, the state fish of my state salvelinus fontanalis or lake trout, salvelinus namaycush. Rainbow trout and cutthroat trout are actually a salmon, as they all belong to the genus onchorhynchus. Rainbow trout- Onchorhyncus mykiss, Cutthroat trout- Onchorhynchus clarki, Coho Salmon- Onchorhynchus kisutch. Brown trout are genus Salmo, the only trout of that genus in North America. The big difference between trout/salmon and char is scales. Brook trout and other char have extremely tiny scales, so that they just appear to have skin, not scales like the other "trouts".

This is like anything else, common names were decided on before science had genetics to know what is related to what, so they often call things something they in fact are not. Its no big deal though, I mean Char/trout/salmon, they all share very similar characteristics and are fun to catch.

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #44 on: 23 Jun 2009, 10:11 »

Damn, trout that aren't trout, salmon that aren't salmon...

I feel like I've eaten of the forbidden fruit, and it tastes nasty!

Fishboy

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #45 on: 23 Jun 2009, 23:34 »

I fish every now and again, mostly lake and sea fishing, I am atrociously bad at it. I did catch a sizable squid once though.

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*
« Reply #46 on: 02 Jul 2009, 07:23 »

I don't want to lose you fishing thread!!!

Last night saw me heading down to Airds Bay at about 8pm. The tide was right out when I got down there and just starting to turn. Not how I'd usually fish the bay but I'd give it a shot anyway. I started off in the bay with my usually two shrimp set up but didn't touch a thing. I didn't touch anything, but there was a big bird on the water with it's chicks, I think they might have been gooseanders but I'm not to sure. I couldn't get a decent picture of them but it wasn't for lack of trying, I had shakey hand syndrome and it wasn't going away.

I eventually gave up in that side of the bay and headed for the side of the Nant I don't usually fish. I ditched the big shrimp I had on the front and tied on a cat's whisker. An unlikely fly you might think for catching wild brownies but it's served me well down in the bay before. The smaller shrimp on the dropper also got changed for a slightly bigger pinker shrimp. Had a couple of casts and then waded in. There was a bit of comotion on the surface of the water and I cast to it. Take! Missed.... Cast, Take! He's on!! Into my first trout of the evening and it was a fighter for it's size, putting a considerable bend on the rod and taking some line off for good measure. A nice aerial display and I took him to the shore for his photo-shoot. He'd taken the cats whisker.

And off he went

I continued fishing here, casting into the same spot beside a patch of seaweed, getting takes nearly every cast. I caught a few more trout and then got my first surprise of the night. I got a gentle subsurface take and thought this is odd, this doesn't feel like a trout. I got it in and found I'd caught my second gurnard on the fly.Except this time I had a camera to hand. Cat's whisker again.

Kept fishing around the same spot and soon after I got another unusual take. Doesn't feel like a trout, doesn't feel like that gurnard either. No fight in it either. Got it in and it was a wee cuddy. Cat's whisker again.

Got a few more of them.

I think by the end of the night I'd caught more cuddy than trout. I'm quite enjoying this saltwater fly fishing thing. I might even tie up a few bigger cats whiskers and see if I can tempt their bigger cousins.

Couple more pics

Gooseanders?

Starfish
Get off my land

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #47 on: 02 Jul 2009, 17:00 »

I haven't been fishing in a long time. I used to love fishing, but I also don't really miss it. Go figure.

Masterbainter

• FIGHT YOU
  • those times...
« Reply #48 on: 03 Jul 2009, 01:50 »

I did a week fishing trip with my grandpa last week.  It was great.   We fished large mouth bass and northern pike.   I love the way the water explodes on top water bait with those two types of fish...

It's not been a whole week since i've fished.  I need to spend this weekend with my girlfriend (actually I want to), but I really want to fish as well.   Guess that's life.   Maybe i'll do like fishing one weekend then fisting the next.
Hey guys let me tell you about my intercourses.

My intercourses, let me tell you about them.

Zingoleb

« Reply #49 on: 03 Jul 2009, 02:14 »

Slight update on my fish/fist mental substitute:

Trout-fishing is now my favourite term ever. Just hearing it makes me break in giggles.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up