THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dragon*Con  (Read 2319 times)

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
Dragon*Con
« on: 15 Jul 2009, 18:28 »

So this is for anyone who lurks or doesn't post much in here, because I am mostly certain that everyone who is a Reg'lar can't make it.

If you want to go to Dragon*Con for free, go to dragoncon.org and check out the Volunteer section. There are lots of places that still need people! Working Dragon*Con is a great opportunity to meet celebrities (Partick Stewart and Leonard Nimoy will be there this year) as well as be there for the whole time without spending any money.

Once you have volunteered one year, unless you say you will never come back, you will be in the system forever. You can skip a year and come back the next and still be on staff and working for free; at least, that is how it works at TechOps. The other options are Registration and Security, and if you're lucky you can be a gofer for management.

Some specs:
-Dragon*Con is the largest multi-media and pop-culture convention in the country, and the largest convention in the southeast.
-30,000+ people show up every year.
-The convention lasts 4 days, Friday to Monday, over Labor Day Weekend.
-D*Con sees a lot of interesting folks:
   +The cast of Firefly was there for multiple appearances and panels last year.
   +Ray Park, the guy who played Darth Maul, created some interesting situations in 08.
   +Patrick Stewart and Leonard Nimoy and Terry Gilliam will be there this year.
   +The Crüxshadows, Voltaire, and Emerald Rose, among others, are all regulars and come back every year.
   +Peelander Z was there for 08.
   +Tony Moran, Alan Ruck, James Randi, Jason Momoa, Peter Mayhew, Doug Bradley,
   +Some of the cast of the movie Twilight will be there, including Peter Facinell, Michael Welch,
   +Some people from True Blood, like John Billingsley, will also be there.

I work TechOps. I will be in the Marriott doing the fan tracks again this year, I think. I really don't care if you post in here, but the key thing is to sign up to volunteer officially. If you don't do that, nothing else counts.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
Re: Dragon*Con
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jul 2009, 20:25 »

If I were still a big shot in the magic: the gathering community, I'd hop on down. Alas, I don't garner the respect I used to.

e: I want mudkip pics, goddamnit
also israel

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jul 2009, 22:18 »

Find me the right body paint and I will do it.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
« Reply #3 on: 16 Jul 2009, 12:46 »

What constitutes the right body paint?
also israel

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #4 on: 16 Jul 2009, 17:52 »

The kind that is not transparent. I have only found the kind that is like the right colour blue but when it dries ends up kind of aqua-green because my skin shows through.

Something Witty

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • All roads lead to WAAAGH!
« Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2009, 17:58 »

Try multiple coats of paint?
I see angels on Ariels in leather and chrome, Swooping down from heaven to carry me home.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #6 on: 18 Jul 2009, 16:05 »

Doesn't work. I tried it that way.

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
« Reply #7 on: 18 Jul 2009, 20:05 »

What about an opaque undercoat?
also israel

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #8 on: 18 Jul 2009, 20:07 »

I have no idea what to use. The latex stuff that did the "best" (relative term) smells like amonia and cost me more than I was hoping to spend. I seriously don't understand why no costume shops seem to carry the right colour blue.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #9 on: 18 Jul 2009, 20:13 »

I'll paint my cock to look like an Ekans.
Hate, rain on me
Pages: [1]   Go Up