THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 16:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BlazBlue; Calamity Trigger  (Read 2486 times)

The Middleman

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
BlazBlue; Calamity Trigger
« on: 04 Sep 2009, 12:51 »

So, before I form a biased opinion of how awesome BlazBlue is, has anyone else played it?
Reactions?
Best Characters?
Favorite Music?
Tell all.

Personally, I find Hakumen, Arakune, and Taokaka to be very intersting characters.
Also, I found the soundtrack to be complete ownage.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
Re: BlazBlue; Calamity Trigger
« Reply #1 on: 04 Sep 2009, 16:16 »

wut

???
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Darke

• Furry furrier
« Reply #2 on: 04 Sep 2009, 16:52 »

I was going to make a thread on this game, but I figured I'd get reactions similar to the one above.

But yeah, it's a fantastic game. For those who don't know it's a 2D fighter from Arc Systems Works, who previously made the Guilty Gear series.

Personally, my favourite character is Tager. Which is a shame, because he's bloody useless. I wish I could enjoy playing with Nu or Arakune or somebody, but I can't. I'm stuck with the worst character in the game. Again. (I'm looking at you, Vega).
There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #3 on: 04 Sep 2009, 21:16 »

I find most fighters (especially the 2d ones) really goddamn boring.  Like, I know there's a bunch of technical crap behind it all and all that jazz and when I do play them I can actually get quite good at them, so it's not a case of "I suck at them, therefore the game sucks" but after a very short while it gets extremely samey and boring except for when you've got a few friends over and want a quick-turnaround game to play.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #4 on: 04 Sep 2009, 22:19 »

Yeah, 2d fighters are awesome in there natural habitat or in dorms (provided you can a wide enough swath of people interested in them,) but otherwise familiarity breeds contempt. Me vs. my brother or me vs. my former roommate tended to get old fast when it came to fighters. Some of my favorite times as a gamer have been spent with fighters, but overall I very rarely play them.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #5 on: 04 Sep 2009, 22:33 »

Also, fighting games piss me off because my preferred playstyles always end up matching up best with whichever character is designed to provide maximum fanservice and/or has a really annoying super high pitched voice. It's like an immutable fucking law.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty
Pages: [1]   Go Up