THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 06:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Zombieland  (Read 42481 times)

scarred

• Older than Moses
Zombieland
« on: 19 Jun 2009, 12:51 »

Woody Harrelson + Zombies.

Who needs to know more?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfLaApNzzDY
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
Re: Zombieland
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jun 2009, 13:05 »

Haha this looks awesome.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jun 2009, 09:44 »

Woody Harrelson, huh. Are they zombie stoners?

Wait, how would you tell?

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #3 on: 20 Jun 2009, 10:05 »

All I will say is this will be incredibly awesome provided it is at least R rated and contains absurd amounts of ludicrously over the top violence.
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #4 on: 06 Oct 2009, 09:29 »

Oh man, had to bring this back, mainly because I went and saw it last night, and it was the most satisfying movie experience I've had in a long time, completely over the top badassitude, hilarious unexpected cameo, and overall just a great movie experience, anyone else catch this yet or do I need to be careful with spoilers?
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #5 on: 06 Oct 2009, 09:35 »

It's not out in the UK until tomorrow (my birthday helpfully, so I can ensure my girlfriend comes to it despite her misgivings), so yes I will aim for the head if you drop any spoilers without fair warning.
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #6 on: 06 Oct 2009, 09:40 »

I haven't seen it yet, either. I was hoping that the nearest drive-in would still be open, since this seems to be a good movie to see at a drive-in, but it is closed for the winter. Not sure whether I'll watch it at the theater or wait for it to come out on DVD and watch it on a projector out in a field.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #7 on: 06 Oct 2009, 10:18 »

hopefully my paycheck arrives today so i can go see this after work.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #8 on: 06 Oct 2009, 12:06 »

If I'm going to see this, then I'll be waiting for that cameo everybody talks about so much the whole frikkin time. It looks like a fun movie, though. I've heard more good things about it.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: 06 Oct 2009, 20:36 »

Holy fucking shit I loved this film.  The cameo was amazing and unexpected, and I loved it.  Woody Harrelson was the fucking man in this, easily my favorite role of all time for him now.

Also, my first theater movie with my girlfriend.

sean

• welp
« Reply #10 on: 06 Oct 2009, 23:39 »

man i saw this two days ago. it was so ridiculously good. dear god.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #11 on: 07 Oct 2009, 05:42 »

Hope to see it this weekend.  Everyone I live with has seen it and demanded I go. 
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #12 on: 07 Oct 2009, 12:47 »

I have to admit, this makes me smile every time I see the trailer.  I'm going to try to catch it this weekend.  :)
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #13 on: 07 Oct 2009, 13:09 »

saw it last night. it was fantastic. loved pretty much everything about it but i think my favorite thing (besides the afformentioned cameo, oh god it was so awesome) was the gratuitous amount of slow-motion. it was beautiful.
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #14 on: 07 Oct 2009, 16:01 »

Oh yeah, I love the slow-motion shit. The only thing that's better than shooting 130 frames per second is going through a garden in June in full bloom and filming insects on plants with a macro lens. Shit I need to start looking for jobs involving nature photography.

then getting slow-mo of a praying mantis eating a moth or some shit.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #15 on: 07 Oct 2009, 16:28 »

It was pretty excellent. It reminded me of Shaun Of The Dead, not just because of the zombies but because both have the feel of being made by big nerds that were ever so excited to be doing something with zombies. But at the same time both know they're comedies first and foremost and don't make the mistake of trying too hard to be a proper zombie film and getting everything wrong. It's a comedy with some zombies in, not the other way round, and it's all the better for it.

Also, the cameo really is shitting awesome.
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

lprkn

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #16 on: 07 Oct 2009, 21:16 »

Stay after the credits, yo.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #17 on: 08 Oct 2009, 09:10 »

shit, I didn't, what happened?

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #18 on: 09 Oct 2009, 19:14 »

I saw it this evening. I thought it was studiously mediocre, self-conscious garbage
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #19 on: 09 Oct 2009, 19:28 »

You. Hate. Fun.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #20 on: 09 Oct 2009, 22:19 »

Look if I'm going to watch a shaun of the dead rip-off I'd at least enjoy one written by people who understand how funny works.

I'm seriously shocked you guys liked it.
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2009, 23:04 by KharBevNor »
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

lprkn

« Reply #21 on: 10 Oct 2009, 17:48 »

It's okay to be dead inside, Khar.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #22 on: 11 Oct 2009, 06:58 »

aha yes.

My first problem would be poor writing. The only time I couldn't predict the jokes was when it was just OMG SOOOO RANDOM LOL. Hey the Cowboy likes Twinkies, how quirky and zany is that! Oh, let's cut into some gut-wrenchingly mawkish sentimental bullshit about characters it is almost impossible to care about. Then let's have those fucking rules pop up like the most hideous fucking visual conceit of the year (which they were). Don't bother about where to put those rules, there'll be plenty of space owing to the way the entire movie is shot like a conservatively lit episode of the OC. Yeah, the slow motion shots were pretty. Unfortunately my folks have a plasma screen HDTV that recieves the discovery channel, giving me an opportunity to watch Time Warp fairly regularly, so it was hardly an original treat. I was actually pretty stoked through the credits sequence, but it was a huge rollercoaster of dissapointment from then on. What it ended up kind of reminding me of, especially with the awful, grating, so hip and self-fucking-conscious voiceover, was a feature length episode of Scrubs with zombies. Now, that's not all bad. I can think of a few situations where I might watch Scrubs. For example say my entire body is paralysed but I'm in the room with it on. Or say Mike Tyson threatens to anally violate me with an MG-42 if I don't watch some Scrubs. This movie wasn't really as crap as scrubs, but it was depressingly mediocre, which can actually be worse. Without really glaring flaws (apart from the fucking narration), you pick apart things a good movie might have gotten away with, like the way absolutely nothing in the film makes any logical sense (In a film where the BASIC PREMISE is the guys set of survival rules). In a better film it wouldn't matter that somehow you can make an amusement park run a full month after the end of western civilisation just by flicking some switches. In this film it's just dumb. It doesn't play for the kind of comedy where you can get away with shit like that. To be honest, it barely plays to any kind of comedy at all on account of really not being that funny apart from a bunch of really standard slapstick gags that will always be pretty amusing. But anyway, yeah, probably the most dissapointing film I've seen in the cinema since The Wicker Man remake, though I have been pretty good about avoiding crap since then.

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #23 on: 11 Oct 2009, 14:52 »

I saw this yesterday and loved it. Woody is awesome, and Emma Stone is a straight up fox. Probably the funniest movie I've seen in a long time.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #24 on: 11 Oct 2009, 14:58 »

Scrubs is a great show.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #25 on: 11 Oct 2009, 17:14 »

You're fucking insane.

lprkn

« Reply #26 on: 11 Oct 2009, 18:34 »

I like Twinkies.

Nodaisho

« Reply #27 on: 11 Oct 2009, 18:37 »

You're fucking insane.
Says the guy whose idea of fun is going to listen to someone who sounds like they are getting dissected alive on-stage and getting punched in the face repeatedly by a bunch of drunks.

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
  • you'll have to speak up, i'm a fish and lack ears
« Reply #28 on: 11 Oct 2009, 19:16 »

man if you ever diss on "drunken vivisectionist anger" again i will straight up cut you

but seriously, while khar and i may not agree on many things when it comes to culture stuff, this is one thing he's got a point on. scrubs is like family guy - so tired and formulaic that what we once thought an acceptable show is utterly contaminated (even back into the past)
DJ Weight Problem: if you think semantics isn't that important maybe you should just can dig four banana nine jenkins razor blade dinosaur

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #29 on: 11 Oct 2009, 19:50 »

Without really glaring flaws (apart from the fucking narration), you pick apart things a good movie might have gotten away with, like the way absolutely nothing in the film makes any logical sense (In a film where the BASIC PREMISE is the guys set of survival rules). In a better film it wouldn't matter that somehow you can make an amusement park run a full month after the end of western civilisation just by flicking some switches. In this film it's just dumb.

Yeah, that bit made no sense and they really could have made more out of the survival rules since they were a bit thin on the ground after the start. Although it was in a lot of ways predictable I found it well played so I didn't mind, it might have done what I expected but it did it well.

Fuck Scrubs though, although I like dissecting drunk punching music as well so maybe there is a correlation there.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #30 on: 11 Oct 2009, 19:59 »

Says the guy whose idea of fun is going to listen to someone who sounds like they are getting dissected alive on-stage and getting punched in the face repeatedly by a bunch of drunks.

I have gone to such a show and I'm pretty sure I'd go again, although I'd make sure to have some gatorade and painkillers around in the morning this time.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #31 on: 11 Oct 2009, 20:41 »

I really wasn't prepared mentally for the idea that people on this forum like scrubs. It was just a total left-field thing.

Do you guys like Friends as well?

Nodaisho

« Reply #32 on: 11 Oct 2009, 20:49 »

I actually don't think I have ever seen a full episode of scrubs. I just thought that the idea of someone who enjoys mosh pits calling others insane for liking scrubs was kind of odd.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #33 on: 11 Oct 2009, 20:54 »

Friends is not a good show.

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #34 on: 11 Oct 2009, 20:56 »

Honestly there is almost no correlation between the two shows other than genre
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #35 on: 11 Oct 2009, 21:12 »

They are both one half-hour in length and comedies! Clearly, they're exactly the same.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #36 on: 11 Oct 2009, 21:15 »

I know some teenagers who own the friends box set and have claimed to have watched the whole thing. That was really weird.

Mein Tumblr

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #37 on: 11 Oct 2009, 21:25 »

They are both one half-hour in length and comedies! Clearly, they're exactly the same.

They're both shitty, unfunny primetime comedy shows. 50 Cent and the Pussycat Dolls don't sound the same, but they're still both rubbish pop artists.

Not that I ever personally said they were similiar.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #38 on: 11 Oct 2009, 21:30 »

Aside from the "primetime comedy show" part, that's just a completely subjective assessment. Which is fine. At this point all we can do is yell at each other until we get bored and this thread goes back to being about some movie with Woody Harrelson and a Michael Cera wannabe. And I'm really tired.

Let's all just agree that Friends sucks balls and move on.

FIXDIX

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Waka waka flocka flame
« Reply #39 on: 12 Oct 2009, 01:50 »

How about that How I Met Your Mother. It's the new Friends, right?

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #40 on: 12 Oct 2009, 10:50 »

I can totes get behind this. Never have I even slightly understood the appeal of that show.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #41 on: 12 Oct 2009, 12:18 »

That and Sex in the City

Mein Tumblr

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #42 on: 12 Oct 2009, 13:02 »

My understanding is that Sex and the City is a form of lifestyle porn. The Hills and Gossip Girl may ostensibly deal with different topics with a different tone, but ultimately I can't help but think they all thrive due to a combination of voyeurism and vicarious consumerism. Or at least that's my theory on it; I can't imagine that it's the writing that fuels their popularity.
« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2009, 13:07 by Alex C »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #43 on: 13 Oct 2009, 18:22 »

I can think of a few situations where I might watch Scrubs. For example say my entire body is paralysed but I'm in the room with it on. Or say Mike Tyson threatens to anally violate me with an MG-42 if I don't watch some Scrubs.

1) line breaks are awesome

2) speaking of utilizing rAnDoM hUmOuR

I'm not sure how interested I am in this movie to begin with so I don't really care one way or the other about this debate, but Scrubs had a couple of good seasons and then sucked for years. How I Met Your Mother is really good and has a very deft way of gradually developing its characters.
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2009, 18:26 by Johnny C »
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #44 on: 13 Oct 2009, 18:33 »

I'm sorry I think the things you like are bad Johnny.

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #45 on: 13 Oct 2009, 18:40 »

There's an ad running on E4 over here that depicts scenes from How I Met Your Mother. It introduces all the characters, but the narrator accidentally calls them by their counterpart on Friends before correcting himself on each one. Then he admits 'okay, it's basically exactly like friends, but without the annoying David Schwimmer character'.
I saw a few episodes and he was completely wrong. There was an annoying David Schwimmer-like character afterall.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #46 on: 13 Oct 2009, 22:48 »

Yeah, Ted is the worst character on that show, which is sad because he's the main character. Fortunately, he's just the weakest link on a very entertaining and clever show.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Felrender

• Curry sauce
  • Hi there!
« Reply #47 on: 14 Oct 2009, 13:35 »

Aside from the "primetime comedy show" part, that's just a completely subjective assessment. Which is fine. At this point all we can do is yell at each other until we get bored and this thread goes back to being about some movie with Woody Harrelson and a Michael Cera wannabe. And I'm really tired.

Except Jesse Eisenberg is actually funny, and a decent actor.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #48 on: 14 Oct 2009, 13:51 »

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #49 on: 14 Oct 2009, 14:14 »

haha
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up