THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 14:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So if someone posts a dislike about a comic the thread gets locked  (Read 12152 times)

Geethanks

Well alrighty then, i'll just remove this bookmark. Thanks.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar

Thanks for posting!
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Malek

• Pneumatic ratchet pants

So Long and thanks for all the fish!

Useless_Proverb

• Not quite a lurker

So sad that it should come to this.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel

Wooo! More comic for me now!
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

Useless_Proverb

• Not quite a lurker

Wooo! More comic for me now!

You combo breaking bastard.

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
  • What a curious and altogether strange place.
    • tweet, twit.

It's probably more to do with Jeph being done hearing from irate atheists taking offense to the pooping cat girls. Searously, people get offended over the stupidest things.
I SAY I only fuck donkeys but sometimes I fuck mules too
Fight Me, Bitches!

estabrookette

• Not quite a lurker

Now I want to go watch Hitchhiker's Guide!  I love Douglas Adams... 
Fornit some fornus.

bicostp

• Beyoncé

It's probably more to do with Jeph being done hearing from irate atheists taking offense to the pooping cat girls. Searously, people get offended over the stupidest things.

Which is ridiculous, considering this:

Some guy thought today's comic was offensive to atheists and got all mad about it. Dude, I AM AN ATHEIST. I just have a sense of humor too.
http://twitter.com/jephjacques/status/2349094565

Atheists who whine about this comic: please stop making the rest of us look like idiots. Thank you.

EDIT: Or we've been trolled, in which case it's the worst troll I've seen in a while.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby

Usually the threads only get locked because the person complaining is being really rude. Also, everybody in GD fails to help the situation by chiming in with "SHADDAP BEST COMICK EVAR" "U R DUM JEFF IS A GENUS" "DO YOU THINK Hannelore WOULD MARRY ME"
Hate, rain on me

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

birdums

• Not quite a lurker
  • Oh hai.

Now I want to go watch Hitchhiker's Guide!  I love Douglas Adams... 

Damnit, why did he have to die though? So sad...

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor

One day Solomon decided to humble Benaiah Ben Yehoyada, his most trusted minister. He said to him, "Benaiah, there is a certain ring that I want you to bring to me. I wish to wear it for Sukkot which gives you six months to find it." "If it exists anywhere on earth, your majesty," replied Benaiah, "I will find it and bring it to you, but what makes the ring so special?" "It has magic powers," answered the king. "If a happy man looks at it, he becomes sad, and if a sad man looks at it, he becomes happy." Solomon knew that no such ring existed in the world, but he wished to give his minister a little taste of humility. Spring passed and then summer, and still Benaiah had no idea where he could find the ring. On the night before Sukkot, he decided to take a walk in one of the poorest quarters of Jerusalem. He passed by a merchant who had begun to set out the day's wares on a shabby carpet. "Have you by any chance heard of a magic ring that makes the happy wearer forget his joy and the broken-hearted wearer forget his sorrows?" asked Benaiah. He watched the grandfather take a plain gold ring from his carpet and engrave something on it. When Benaiah read the words on the ring, his face broke out in a wide smile. That night the entire city welcomed in the holiday of Sukkot with great festivity. "Well, my friend," said Solomon, "have you found what I sent you after?" All the ministers laughed and Solomon himself smiled. To everyone's surprise, Benaiah held up a small gold ring and declared, "Here it is, your majesty!" As soon as Solomon read the inscription, the smile vanished from his face. The jeweler had written three Hebrew letters on the gold band: gimel, zayin, yud, which began the words "Gam zeh ya'avor" -- "This too shall pass." At that moment Solomon realized that all his wisdom and fabulous wealth and tremendous power were but fleeting things, for one day he would be nothing but dust.

The phrase "This too shall pass" and the associated ring story were made popular by Abraham Lincoln in his 'Address Before the Wisconsin State Agricultural Society, Milwaukee, Wisconsin' on September 30, 1859:

“    It is said an Eastern monarch once charged his wise men to invent him a sentence, to be ever in view, and which should be true and appropriate in all times and situations. They presented him the words: "And this, too, shall pass away." How much it expresses! How chastening in the hour of pride! How consoling in the depths of affliction!   ”

Of Douglas Adams it could also be said, "This, too, shall pass".

Zingoleb

Motherfuckers ripping off George Harrison.

G-Smo

Being an atheist, I wanted to comment on the comic with the pooping cat girls.

I'm not sure wether Michaelangelo liked little boys. But it is generally said that Leonardo Da Vinci did, and after all it was Da Vinci who painted the sisteen chapel.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

But it is generally said that Leonardo Da Vinci did, and after all it was Da Vinci who painted the sisteen chapel.
Not so. Several notable artists worked on painting the interior of the Sistene Chapel, but Da Vinci was not one of them. Hannelore referred specifically to the chapel ceiling, which quite certainly was the work of Michelangelo.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!

Da Vinci painted the last supper, which is not even at the Vatican.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar

Da Vinci wasn't the most popular in the church.

Edit: I've had it with these fucking typos in this fucking post
« Last Edit: 29 Jun 2009, 20:05 by Zombiedude »

Mein Tumblr

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor

Da Vinci wasn't the most popular the chuch.

What's missing there?  The "arrr".  Are you saying Da Vinci was a pirate?

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar

Mein Tumblr

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage

He was the sixth person on the left on the Black Pearl
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

TheReaper

• Larger than most fish

OP is right, you guys.

Pointless bitching and "UR DOIN KOMIK RONG LEBRAL SUX" are both constructive and witty.
There is no reason to lock a thread with that kind of thing in it.
None at all.
Good things are fleeting. The bad ones are usually here to stay.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar

Without a doubt.

Mein Tumblr

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor

If you sass me down I will become more snarky than you can ever imagine.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage

If you sass me down I will become more snarky than you can ever imagine.

The snark is strong with this one.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY

Good god (and I mean you, Jeph) lock this thread already, PLEASE.

G-Smo

But it is generally said that Leonardo Da Vinci did, and after all it was Da Vinci who painted the sisteen chapel.
Not so. Several notable artists worked on painting the interior of the Sistene Chapel, but Da Vinci was not one of them. Hannelore referred specifically to the chapel ceiling, which quite certainly was the work of Michelangelo.

I'm terribly sorry, I can't imagine how I got those names confused, but when i read sistene chapel, the last supper from santa maria della grazie, just sprung to mind. And I got all carried away. I didn't confuse the artists, just the location (and the artwork) itself... :p
Pages: [1]   Go Up