THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 12:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Micheal Jackson is in the Hospital!  (Read 24754 times)

joenisnorac

• Not quite a lurker
    • UnconsciousInk
Micheal Jackson is in the Hospital!
« on: 25 Jun 2009, 15:21 »

Just found out about this... pretty crazy. I actually a big fan of his when i was younger. Apparently it was cardiac arrest! http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8119951.stm

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
Re: Micheal Jackson is in the Hospital!
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jun 2009, 15:22 »

Dude's dead.

*edit - maybe not! Shit's all over the place. Michael Jackson shit.
« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2009, 15:25 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jun 2009, 15:25 »

Dude's dead.

Confirmation: http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/25/michael-jackson-dies-death-dead-cardiac-arrest/

Status definitely downgraded to dead.

What a damn shame, Farrah Fawcett AND the King of Pop in the same day.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #3 on: 25 Jun 2009, 15:26 »

It is pretty sad. I also feel bad that his legacy is for allegedly molesting children, which is unfair to him seeing as how there was no solid proof that he molested any children. However, there is plenty of proof of him helping needy families and their children the world over. He will be missed.
Hate, rain on me

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #4 on: 25 Jun 2009, 15:26 »

Reports are pretty mixed.  TMZ says dead, and everywhere else is quoting TMZ if they agree.

Looks like he may be dead, but I'm waiting for another source.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #6 on: 25 Jun 2009, 15:34 »

whoa

let's all have a moment of silence while we enjoy the greatest music video ever made and think fondly of the dearly departed.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

joenisnorac

• Not quite a lurker
    • UnconsciousInk
« Reply #7 on: 25 Jun 2009, 15:38 »

No way, he's seriously dead!?! OMG that sucks! I was really hoping the rumors about him making a new album were true.. guess we are stuck with that stupid invincible album being his last. Invincible my ass.  :|

I'm pretty bummed right now.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #8 on: 25 Jun 2009, 15:39 »

Dude made some good pop music. Then he sharply declined. It's telling that you'll probably only see photos of his younger self in obits - his elder self, if not a child molester, was obviously mentally ill and a tragic figure more than anything.

Good records, though.
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

joenisnorac

• Not quite a lurker
    • UnconsciousInk
« Reply #9 on: 25 Jun 2009, 15:41 »

Dude made some good pop music. Then he sharply declined. It's telling that you'll probably only see photos of his younger self in obits - his elder self, if not a child molester, was obviously mentally ill and a tragic figure more than anything.

Good records, though.

I agree. Good records, really odd an most likely mentally ill person. Still a shame. :(

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #10 on: 25 Jun 2009, 15:46 »

He had a pretty rough home life as a kid, can't exactly blame the guy for going insane. What a performer, though. Such a sad life story, and a tragic ending. He will be missed.

Big Happy Captain

• Plantmonster
« Reply #11 on: 25 Jun 2009, 15:50 »

now Jacko has always been a very messed up individual, enough to gain sympathy. severe alienation as a child star and never having a normal upbringing took its toll to a point where he was never understood by anyone, and a lot of people were really angry with him at some point. with such publicity its got to the case where hes probably never had an... Read More ordinary day in his life which hasnt been filled with grief or drama. im not a particular fan of his music, but i used to be. when i was very little he was my favourite and i loved it whenever his songs were played in my parents car radio. in fact i would say he was most likely the first musical inspiration i ever had, before i even took up the guitar.

for this reason i am upset at his passing away. he affected me significantly in my early life and although his music doesnt hold the same affect now, i still feel a little remorse tonight.

Michael, you will be missed by many.

Aegir

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #12 on: 25 Jun 2009, 16:26 »

now Jacko has always been a very messed up individual, enough to gain sympathy. severe alienation as a child star and never having a normal upbringing took its toll to a point where he was never understood by anyone, and a lot of people were really angry with him at some point. with such publicity its got to the case where hes probably never had an... Read More ordinary day in his life which hasnt been filled with grief or drama. im not a particular fan of his music, but i used to be. when i was very little he was my favourite and i loved it whenever his songs were played in my parents car radio. in fact i would say he was most likely the first musical inspiration i ever had, before i even took up the guitar.

for this reason i am upset at his passing away. he affected me significantly in my early life and although his music doesnt hold the same affect now, i still feel a little remorse tonight.

Michael, you will be missed by many.
Did you copy and paste that from Facebook?

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #13 on: 25 Jun 2009, 16:32 »

This.

Sucks.

R.I.P. Mr. Jackson. It doesn't matter if you were Black or White, we'll always Remember the Way you Made us Feel, we will Never Stop Loving you, and your music will always Thrill us.

(That took me the whole of 10 seconds)
« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2009, 16:34 by MrBlu »
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

Big Happy Captain

• Plantmonster
« Reply #14 on: 25 Jun 2009, 16:43 »

mm yes i did copy that from my facebook status.

i dont happen to know you do i?

haha wait i only just realised the read more bit

i wanted to share my opinion but couldnt be bothered to retype and/or paraphrase

so sue me
« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2009, 17:08 by Big Happy Captain »

Llewellian

• Furry furrier
  • Kraut ;o)
« Reply #15 on: 25 Jun 2009, 16:45 »

Yup. Confirmed by the hospital.

Meh. Thanks for Thriller and some of the best concerts i ever was to... R.I.P you Peter-Pan-Syndrome challenged man with no childhood.
9 out of 10 voices in my head tell me that i am not mad. The 10th hums the Tetris Tune.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #16 on: 25 Jun 2009, 16:49 »

I'm going to put on some Jackson 5, and remember the good times.

Dunxco

• Plantmonster
  • Sir Grumpy
« Reply #17 on: 25 Jun 2009, 17:11 »

I'm going to put on Stranger in Moscow, because it might as well be about his final years. If you cut out the Stalin/KBG bits, at least.

R.I.P. Michael Jackson. Thanks for... I don't know, fantastic music? Great childhood memories?
Regards,

D.

joenisnorac

• Not quite a lurker
    • UnconsciousInk
« Reply #18 on: 25 Jun 2009, 17:33 »

Peter-Pan-Syndrome challenged man.

lol, idk why that made me laugh, but it did. Can you imagine a psychologist diagnosing someone with a disorder called that? lol

spoon_of_grimbo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • http://signalstonoise.tumblr.com
    • http://signalstonoise.tumblr.com
« Reply #19 on: 25 Jun 2009, 17:37 »

i've loved this guy's music since i got HIStory on double-cassette at the age of about 10.  this sucks, he's been through such a seemingly-endless parade of shit these last few years, he deserved a huge comeback.  sucks to see it end this way. 

R.I.P. you pop genius, you.

billiumbean

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • "Clamsss... Waa!"
« Reply #20 on: 25 Jun 2009, 17:47 »

First time in my life that I've ever shed tears over the death of an icon.

whoa

let's all have a moment of silence while we enjoy the greatest music video ever made and think fondly of the dearly departed.

QFT.
Quote from: Alex C
I do agree that this could potentially have some dire ramifications in regards to purple drank.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #21 on: 25 Jun 2009, 17:55 »

:cry:
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #22 on: 25 Jun 2009, 18:52 »

Okay guys, sorry to bust in on your sorrow but I've decided to pull a unilateral mod-move to head off at the pass any hurt feelings over bad jokes that are going on over this particular issue. 'Cause let's face it, there are a lot of bad jokes to be made.

From now on, I want to see if we can have all serious discussion of Mr. Jackson's death happen over in the thread that's up and running in the Infinite Pony Debates sub-forum. This thread right here: http://forums.questionablecontent.net/index.php/topic,23363.0.html.

All jokes and snarky comments and the like are to be confined to this thread right here. The one you're reading right now.

Let's face it, there are people for whom this is a genuinely sad day, and there are people who just want to point and laugh. Let's try not to tread on each-others toes. I know, I know, "Segregation - bad!" and all that but let's try it just this once. Thanks!

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #23 on: 25 Jun 2009, 19:02 »

The idea that jokes and snarky comments about the death of anyone  should be legitimised in this way is a bad one.  Don't do it.  Just don't.

I'm am also greatly saddened by Jeph's comment a few minutes ago in Twitter, partly because I have spent the last couple of weeks reading the analysis of Wagner's Ring by Deryk Cook (sadly unfinished when he died) which makes it utterly clear that the things that people dislike Wagner for are totally irrelevant to either his life or his work.  It's not just that a comparison with Wagner is unfair, but that a remark like Jeph's is parading ignorance about something he is displaying as the standard for that comparison.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #24 on: 25 Jun 2009, 19:18 »

The idea that jokes and snarky comments about the death of anyone  should be legitimised in this way is a bad one.

I agree with you. Personally I find the idea of laughing at anybody's death completely repugnant.

However I'm also a realist enough to realise that in an online community with several thousand members, and given the nature of Mr. Jackson's recent infamy, at least some people here are going to feel compelled to make awful jokes about his life and death. Some people just won't be able to help themselves (or will feel that they can't, but that's another discussion). I'm merely hoping to ensure that those people don't offend the rest of us, who don't find anything to laugh about in this situation, and that those of us who are shocked or saddened or just rather startled by Mr. Jackson's death don't have to be offended by stumbling upon somebody else's idea of humour.

Lest it seem like I'm legitimising the making fun of the recently departed, let me offer the following caveat: if you make jokes about a rather strange and mentally unstable man dying of a heart attack at the age of fifty then you should feel ashamed of yourself.

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #25 on: 25 Jun 2009, 20:04 »

I feel that there's a clear distinction between making jokes about the fact of somebody's death, and making jokes about the cultural circumstances surrounding that death.

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #26 on: 25 Jun 2009, 20:13 »

Gallows humour is a perfectly valid humour.
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

Zingoleb

« Reply #27 on: 25 Jun 2009, 20:31 »

I went to an open mic and a stand up comic was already cracking jokes about it.

The only one I remembered was, "Michael Jackson died today, and little boys the world over sleep easy tonight."

Granted, this is still shitty as hell. :|

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #28 on: 25 Jun 2009, 20:44 »

Be that as it may, I think when we speak negatively of people making fun of a person's death, we are probably thinking of the sort of thing that Some Jerk-ass from High School would post on his Facebook, like,

"Honestly people, I couldn't care less about michael jackson, but at least I can tell my kids about Peter Pan without wory"

Not even a joke! Really half-assed! Man, Some Jerk-ass from High School, you're kind of terrible!

Edit: someone beat me to it with an example, but I think it's understood what distinction we're making.

Will

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Creeeeeeeepy bear HEARTS YOU!!!
    • William James (author page)
« Reply #29 on: 25 Jun 2009, 20:53 »

So it goes.

Even a curmudgeonly old hardcore kid, grumpy in the ways of life, and full of hatred and vitriol for damn near every kind of music (by this I mean myself) found him to be a pop genius. His songs were catchy as hell...I can't really say I'll miss him personally, because the loss of Micheal Jackson does nothing directly to my life. I will, however, say that every single accolade that will be given to him over the next few days is deserved IMO.

Quote from: JohhnyC
In grade six one of my classmates during sex ed asked if the penis could be broken. The teacher's response was "Not in the same way you'd break a bone. I still wouldn't take a hammer to it or anything."

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #30 on: 25 Jun 2009, 21:08 »

I am against lazy humour in general and on this subject there is no exception.

Just so.  My concern was really that Harry's idea to direct "jokes and snarky comments" to one thread might be taken by some as an invitation to exactly that kind of humour- a charge which he has answered.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Zingoleb

« Reply #31 on: 25 Jun 2009, 21:12 »

I wasn't answering it so much as commenting that within an hour of finding out about his death I'm listening to a (terrible) stand-up comedian make jokes about it. It's amazing how fast that the process went from death to joking about his death. Some people were finding OUT about his death this way, even.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #32 on: 25 Jun 2009, 21:59 »

I am unsuccessfully trying to find a way of saying that I feel I can open and read these threads on this forum, but that I really really really don't want to go anywhere near a lot of other forums while this is still a hot topic.

Does that make sense to anybody else?
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

Zingoleb

« Reply #33 on: 25 Jun 2009, 22:01 »

Perhaps because aside from my douchebag quote (I'm sort of regretting mentioning it), we're not all "Michael Jackson + little boys hurrrr", unlike most of the internet is (I imagine)?

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #34 on: 25 Jun 2009, 22:04 »

I've actually seen more zombie MJ jokes.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Zingoleb

« Reply #35 on: 25 Jun 2009, 22:06 »

I'm...not surprised.

Zombie/Thriller reference. How droll.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #36 on: 25 Jun 2009, 22:33 »

A video tribute I have made

Only S.O.D. fans will get this.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #37 on: 25 Jun 2009, 22:58 »

The responses you've started to get betray the poster's ignorance of said band.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #38 on: 25 Jun 2009, 23:08 »

(There is this S.O.D. song called 'The Ballad of Jimi Hendrix' where they just play the opening riff of Purple Haze then shout 'he's dead!')

(also, please rate and comment)
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2009, 16:22 by KharBevNor »
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #39 on: 25 Jun 2009, 23:14 »

YouTube reveals that they've done other Ballads live.  I didn't know that!

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #40 on: 25 Jun 2009, 23:41 »

Ah yeah, a few.

Also, damn! Some dude actually beat me to doing this by two hours. I really should have searched first.

Ah well.

Caspian

• The Tickler
« Reply #41 on: 26 Jun 2009, 00:09 »

I wonder if there's a Ballad for Dimebag Darrell around somewhere. I hope so.

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #42 on: 26 Jun 2009, 01:18 »

Who wants dibs on doing it with Beethoven's 9th?
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

el_loco_avs

• Furry furrier
« Reply #43 on: 26 Jun 2009, 04:30 »

(There is this S.O.D. song called 'The Ballad of Jimi Hendrix' where they just play the opening riff of Purple Rain then shout 'he's dead!')

(also, please rate and comment)

Why would they play a prince song?  :-D

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #44 on: 26 Jun 2009, 04:32 »

Until the thread title changes to reflect his status being downgraded to 'dead', I'm gonna make cracks about his plastic surgery.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #45 on: 26 Jun 2009, 04:36 »

My nose has disappeared
That's why I look so weird
I was black, but now I am white
Come on children hold on to me tight OH!

We actually wrote this song-intro to Micheal for our play. Are we bad people?
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Synorthion

• Not quite a lurker
  • I will kick you in the sternum
« Reply #46 on: 26 Jun 2009, 04:43 »

Until the thread title changes to reflect his status being downgraded to 'dead', I'm gonna make cracks about his plastic surgery.

I would be curious to see his medical records. He claims he had two surgeries on his nose just to help his breathing, but I'm pretty sure that's not exactly true.
"When people fight in the normal, everyday world, it's not because of being an athlete, it's because something pissed them off. When a man raises his fists, he has run out of ideas"

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #47 on: 26 Jun 2009, 04:45 »

If you don't have a nose with which to have problems, you won't have problems with your nose.

billiumbean

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • "Clamsss... Waa!"
« Reply #48 on: 26 Jun 2009, 06:46 »

That's reassuring.  At least your nose can't not breath.  You, on the other hand...
Quote from: Alex C
I do agree that this could potentially have some dire ramifications in regards to purple drank.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #49 on: 26 Jun 2009, 08:21 »

Hey man it's better than molestation jokes.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up