THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 20:34
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Michael Jackson Died, Guys  (Read 37378 times)

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
Re: Michael Jackson Died, Guys
« Reply #50 on: 25 Jun 2009, 23:13 »

There's got to be a fraudulent bid in there somewhere. There is no way someone who somehow earned ten million pounds would think those are worth ten million pounds. I mean, there have got to be plenty of those tickets floating around. If each ticket was worth three million pounds this'd be nuts.

This is the same internet that buys and sells cornflakes in singular for several thousand dollars, mind. Granted there's quite a jump, but there have been few entertainers as massively popular as Michael Jackson, and most of those tickets were probably discarded when the audience left the building., so there can't be many left.

But they are for a show that hasn't happened yet! They went on ebay before he died! There have got to be plenty of these things still around, and I'd like to think anyone with that much money to blow would understand the massive supply out there.
Congrats to the lucky seller if not.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #51 on: 26 Jun 2009, 01:24 »

That eBay auction just has to be fake.  Even if one person put in a max bid of £10,000,000, why would a second person bid him up to it when there are other active auctions for tickets the same night (e.g. two buy-it-now £900)?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

LittleKey

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #52 on: 26 Jun 2009, 01:40 »

Just reading about him after his death has made me realize how much more there was to him other than the messed-up parts. R.I.P. Michael Jackson.
yahoo answers is the new youtube comments

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #53 on: 26 Jun 2009, 03:17 »

Sadly I think people born in the mid-90's onwards are just going to know him as this crazy guy who went to court over some shady activities with children, that's the real downer.

This. To me, he's that guy who made Thriller and hung around 10-year-olds. Still, great music. This marks an end of a period in pop music.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

spoon_of_grimbo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • http://signalstonoise.tumblr.com
« Reply #54 on: 26 Jun 2009, 03:38 »

i wish he'd lived long enough to bust out another "leave me alone"-esque song, ridiculing the media for their constant dogging of him.  dude was a legend, R.I.P.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #55 on: 26 Jun 2009, 04:27 »

We gotta remember how fucked up his childhood was. I mean, seriously, their father used to beat them if they so much as fucked up ONCE in the studio during the Jackson 5 days. He basically spent the rest of his life (and ALL of his money) in a terribly tragic, misguided attempt to regain his childhood. His father's abuse crippled him socially, his overwhelming fame brought it to the spotlight, and once that happened, all he could do was go even crazier. He never learned how to be a normal person because his life had never, NEVER been normal.

Probably as tragic a life as any celebrity could have.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Dunxco

• Plantmonster
  • Sir Grumpy
« Reply #56 on: 26 Jun 2009, 05:36 »

Did anyone catch the interview with Uri Geller on Sky News last night? That was a really touching, personal interview to give. When he started talking about just how lonely MJ would say he felt, had to knock back a drink. It's a crime that someone can bring happiness to millions like MJ, and feel entirely on their own. That's tragic, right there.

And yeah, Patrick's bang on the mark, as per usual.
Regards,

D.

Bowers

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Breadsticks
« Reply #57 on: 26 Jun 2009, 06:03 »

one of my childhood heroes, I can still remember dancing around the living room to an old LP my mum had.
Hell I even had a Michael Jackson doll and if you pressed his belly button he sang Black or White (which was kinda creepy on reflection)

The true king of pop.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #58 on: 26 Jun 2009, 07:06 »

It's Friday night so I went to my local bar to see a band tonight. A country-rock band. Midway through the second set they played a cover of "Billie Jean". It was a bit shaky and obviously barely rehearsed and the singer had to get someone to hold up the lyrics written out on a piece of paper, but it was the perfect tribute to Jackson: for those minutes they were playing the song everyone was out on the floor dancing and having a great time and there wasn't any sadness nor any crappy hipster irony (and I'm in an area where that's always a threat), there was just happiness at having a fun time listening to a great song we'd known all our lives.

rynne

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Hey, nice marmot!
« Reply #59 on: 26 Jun 2009, 09:34 »

Hey how about that election in Iran that CNN isn't covering anymore!

Hah, yes.  Hey, Iranians, we know your struggles for fair elections are kinda important to global politics and all, but not as important as Michael Jackson dying.  Hope things work out with Ahmadinejad while we're collectively reminiscing about how awesome Thriller was.
When Kleiner showed me the sky-line of New York, I told him that man is like the coral insect---designed to build vast, beautiful, mineral things for the moonlight to delight in after he is dead. - H.P. Lovecraft

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #60 on: 26 Jun 2009, 10:16 »

Chick gets shot in the chest by unnecessarily hostile forces who basically are going on a rampage, killing people indiscriminately in the streets of Tehran. She dies on a leaked internet video for the world to see, and the world pays attention for 30 seconds.

Michael Jackson died of cardiac arrest, which probably shouldn't have surprised anybody, and the world SHITS itself.

Doesn't make MJ's death less tragic, because yeah, it is. But you're right, it needs perspective.

God, I'm depressing myself.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #61 on: 26 Jun 2009, 10:30 »

That's kind of an unfair thing to say. It really kind of depends on where you're looking. Sure, all of the local and daytime news sources are going to cover Michael Jackson, but these events in Iran will remain at the top of the list as topics discussed by the nighttime political commentators. Same thing as in these forums; we have discussions going on both topics.
Hate, rain on me

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #62 on: 26 Jun 2009, 10:59 »

Chick gets shot in the chest by unnecessarily hostile forces who basically are going on a rampage, killing people indiscriminately in the streets of Tehran. She dies on a leaked internet video for the world to see, and the world pays attention for 30 seconds.

Michael Jackson died of cardiac arrest, which probably shouldn't have surprised anybody, and the world SHITS itself.

Doesn't make MJ's death less tragic, because yeah, it is. But you're right, it needs perspective.

Okay, sure, but I mean...all that girl did was die. MJ was in The Wiz.

Come on, y'know?
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #63 on: 26 Jun 2009, 11:37 »

Thinking bout making a MJ thread in the music forum. I'd link to (and talk a bit about) albums with J5, the Jacksons, and a few from his solo career of course. Would there be interest?

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #64 on: 26 Jun 2009, 12:24 »

There's a dude I knew in junior college. He had a crush on me. He might still actually :?

Anyways he decided to do this and he posted it on his facebook:

Earlier he had typed "Fariah Faucet" so I guess it's an improvement but man am I getting tired of "Micheal."

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #65 on: 26 Jun 2009, 12:38 »

My girlfriend called her "Fanah Fawcett".
Hate, rain on me

Malek

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #66 on: 26 Jun 2009, 12:43 »

A pity,he will be missed.

Cant say i am to upset. I never realy knew him or much about him.

I am upset though that i will never be able to know him.

Yunior

• Furry furrier
« Reply #67 on: 26 Jun 2009, 12:52 »

"Micheal."

"Micheal" was a trending topic on Twitter for the longest fucking time. Michael/Micheal's since been supplanted for MJ, which is kind of the biggest relief for my brain
#uselessshit

And as far as Iran coverage, you guys are CRAZY if you think the protests in Iran are somehow more newsworthy today than Michael Jackson's death. The guy was a cultural icon, whose music is recognized by virtually everyone. I'm not saying the protests are unimportant. I just think it is totally, totally obvious why his death is taking precedent in headlines.
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2009, 12:58 by Yunior »
[02:00] Dollface: clara you are awesome
[02:00] clara: oh thanks dollface
[02:00] Dollface: whos awesome you are clara

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #68 on: 26 Jun 2009, 13:08 »

That poor Jetta.  :-(
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #69 on: 26 Jun 2009, 13:20 »

BLAH BLAH BLAH DOUBLE POST

Ray Smuckles had a great post today and I am reposting it here. You all know where to find the real thing.

On the Sudden Passing of Michael Jackson.
Raymond Q. Smuckles
President, Prime Time Records

It’s bad. It’s bad around here. It’s like today was fake. Even the sunlight seems staged. I wish they’d take it away.

When I got the Celebrity Death Beep on my Blackberry, I blew it off as a dumb rumor. That service is good, but I can see it makin’ mistakes. A false headline at, like, The Onion coulda’ triggered it. Michael had an eye on his health constantly. You know that about him. We all know the lengths he went to for health. Dude slept in a hyperbaric chamber. I like my health, but I ain’t gonna go that far, you know? Michael’s health was, to him, a special, magical thing. Something worth machines.

What I think a lotta folks are feelin’ now is a regret. Not regret that a man died; no. They regret that for almost three decades they been mockin’ this guy. This guy who wrote Thriller, and PYT, and Billie Jean. You know who you are, you Michael deniers, listenin’ to your The Cure or Aerosmith. You always considered Michael’s music silly. Not serious. Lame, mainstream. “Popular.” And his life — everyone gets a kick outta’ watchin’ the mighty fall. It sells paper. It makes us feel falsely superior, from our low places. Yet now, now that he’ll never sing another note, you listen to those songs anew —ABC, I Want You Back, Beat It — and you know who he was. Michael had more talent in his little finger than any act today has among four men. Try wakin’ up tomorrow and writin’ We Are The World. See what you come up with. See if you can get Stevie and Tina to come down to the studio, along with Bruce and Billy and twenty other people who cost a whole hell of a lotta money at the time.

Michael was our music. The next time you’re out alone in your car, and Smooth Criminal comes on, it’s gonna mean somethin’ different to you. You’re not gonna change it this time. You’re gonna hear it and think to yourself, “I missed knowin’ his music in the moment.” I don’t blame The Cure. That was your call. The Cure is just out there, like car horns or people who make noise when they cry. The Cure is a choice. When we hear Michael, it is not a choice to feel the beat. It is not a choice to cock your head and straighten all the fingers on your right hand.

His story went out like a light today, and now all we have is his music. He can’t make any more mistakes.* We can’t say anything bad about him anymore.**

R.I.P., Michael. You moved more wax than anybody, player.***     

-=Ray Smuckles=-
Achewood Estates, CA
June 25, 2009

* Unless there is something weird in his will.
** I wish this were true.
*** Except: The Beatles (they had a huge head start), Elvis (even bigger head start), and Bing Crosby (40-year head start, and declining super-fast).
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

rynne

• Hey, nice marmot!
« Reply #70 on: 26 Jun 2009, 13:30 »

I think it's a bit grotesque how Michael Jackson dies and within hours he's returned to people's minds as the greatest pop star ever.

Yes, he was the biggest pop star ever.  It's really impossible to argue that.  The legacy of his early solo career is massive and should be celebrated.  But honestly, his peak was over decades ago.  For most of the 90s and 00s, he's been more a curiosity or an object of ridicule than a musician.  Where was everyone lauding his legacy last year, or last month?

He died and that's a shame.  It's a shame when anyone who's brought something great into this world dies.  But dying didn't make him a different person than the one who's been largely irrelevant for years, except as a constant source of tabloid fodder.
When Kleiner showed me the sky-line of New York, I told him that man is like the coral insect---designed to build vast, beautiful, mineral things for the moonlight to delight in after he is dead. - H.P. Lovecraft

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #71 on: 26 Jun 2009, 13:42 »

Be nice, the new king of pop is kinda a douchebag.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
  • you'll have to speak up, i'm a fish and lack ears
« Reply #72 on: 26 Jun 2009, 13:43 »

And as far as Iran coverage, you guys are CRAZY if you think the protests in Iran are somehow more newsworthy today than Michael Jackson's death.
This is a joke, right?

In other news, hearing that the dude who made the first abuse allegations against him has come out and said that his dad made him make them made me feel really sorry for the poor guy and all the shit he has gotten and the fact that he will probably still be remembered that way.
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2009, 13:47 by supersheep »
DJ Weight Problem: if you think semantics isn't that important maybe you should just can dig four banana nine jenkins razor blade dinosaur

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #73 on: 26 Jun 2009, 14:00 »

^ Oh hey where did you hear that?
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

MadassAlex

• "Tasteful"?
« Reply #74 on: 26 Jun 2009, 14:09 »

And as far as Iran coverage, you guys are CRAZY if you think the protests in Iran are somehow more newsworthy today than Michael Jackson's death. The guy was a cultural icon, whose music is recognized by virtually everyone. I'm not saying the protests are unimportant. I just think it is totally, totally obvious why his death is taking precedent in headlines.

10/10 would rage again you fucking prick.

EDIT: This post is bound to generate hostility, but fuck it, if it was a joke it was not obvious enough and if this guy is serious I am taking this thread to Cuba. Sorry, MJ.
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2009, 14:23 by MadassAlex »

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #75 on: 26 Jun 2009, 14:11 »

In other news, hearing that the dude who made the first abuse allegations against him has come out and said that his dad made him make them made me feel really sorry for the poor guy and all the shit he has gotten and the fact that he will probably still be remembered that way.

Cite your source!
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Zingoleb

« Reply #76 on: 26 Jun 2009, 15:26 »

What was that thing that Stalin said?

nobo

« Reply #77 on: 26 Jun 2009, 15:30 »

when one person dies, its a tragedy,
when 20,000 people die, its a statistic.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #78 on: 26 Jun 2009, 15:38 »

No, I think he said "I have a bone to pick with Trotsky."

Then he laughed.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Zingoleb

« Reply #79 on: 26 Jun 2009, 15:51 »

when one person dies, its a tragedy,
when 20,000 people die, its a statistic.

I was hoping that referencing it would get the job done instead of quoting it directly.   :lol:

rynne

• Hey, nice marmot!
« Reply #80 on: 26 Jun 2009, 16:04 »

“I think we can agree that the Iranian regime benefits from the media rush to memorialize, explore, and reflect upon Michael Jackson and his legacy,” [national-security blogger Spencer] Ackerman wrote in a blog post last night. In an email interview, Ackerman told The Daily Beast that “anything that takes Twitter bandwidth away from [the Iran election] is bad for the opposition, and anything that distracts the cable networks from showing images of the crackdown is similarly bad.”

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #81 on: 26 Jun 2009, 16:16 »

The fact that Michael Jackson died today is more newsworthy today in countries that are not Iran because it's more immediate. The nuances of the Iranian political issues are lost on most people, me included, and the news has been informing that Iran isn't doing too well with this democracy business for weeks now. This is the first time Michael Jackson has died (that is not meant to be as flippant as it might sound), so it's a bigger story. This time next week, or indeed this time tomorrow, it'll be back off the airwaves and Iran will probably the main story again.

I know nothing about Michael Jackson except that there's a bit of Thriller used in the film 13 going on 30 so I've heard it. I've never listened to his music or followed news stories about him. But nevertheless I'm sad to hear he died, and I wonder whether in twenty years I'll be telling people "I remember when MJ died" in the same way that people say "I remember when Lady Di died". A boy came to my till today and bought two papers with pictures of Michael Jackson on the front; he said he is collecting them because they will be valuable some day.

I hope the children are taken care of. I heard an interview with their godfather who pointed out that Michael Jackson has a huge family and they will rally round but still, three small children have just lost their dad.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
  • you'll have to speak up, i'm a fish and lack ears
« Reply #82 on: 26 Jun 2009, 18:14 »

This is my source. Obvious caveats about reliability of sources - couldn't corroborate it.

http://trashselector.com/evan-chandler-i-lied-for-my-father-im-sorry-michael/
DJ Weight Problem: if you think semantics isn't that important maybe you should just can dig four banana nine jenkins razor blade dinosaur

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #83 on: 26 Jun 2009, 18:50 »

The fact that Michael Jackson died today is more newsworthy today in countries that are not Iran because it's more immediate.

Idunno May it seems to me that several hundred people dying and having people being beaten on the streets just 'cause the Revolutionary Guard fucking feels like it (without, I might add, even bothering to be sure their victims were doing anything "wrong") is just as immediate as cardiac arrest killing a pop star. If anything, the levels of outrage should well exceed the levels of loss.

Then again, who am I to foist my view of morality on anybody else. I'm just saying, I think it is really, REALLY fucked up.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #84 on: 26 Jun 2009, 19:05 »

“I think we can agree that the Iranian regime benefits from the media rush to memorialize, explore, and reflect upon Michael Jackson and his legacy,” [national-security blogger Spencer] Ackerman wrote in a blog post last night. In an email interview, Ackerman told The Daily Beast that “anything that takes Twitter bandwidth away from [the Iran election] is bad for the opposition, and anything that distracts the cable networks from showing images of the crackdown is similarly bad.”

ahahahahaha
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #85 on: 26 Jun 2009, 19:06 »

Fuck him for dying when there's a revolution going on in Iran. How fucking inconsiderate. Ugh!
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #86 on: 26 Jun 2009, 19:14 »

Man nobody's saying he chose to die for the express purpose of turning people's eyes from Iran. In the end, though, how many more lives are going to be irrevocably, completely, utterly DESTROYED by Michael Jackson's death vs. them being shot/axed/clubbed/door-slammed/curbstomped to death over a corrupt government's anger at being caught in their own misdeeds?

I mean I am a fan of Michael Jackson ever since Cathy told me I should maybe go listen to Thriller like 2 years ago. Not a lifelong thing, so maybe there's just something I'm not getting here, but really. If people are dying in the streets from axe wounds just because he died, maybe they shouldn't be alive to start with.

nobo

« Reply #87 on: 26 Jun 2009, 19:15 »

The fact that Michael Jackson died today is more newsworthy today in countries that are not Iran because it's more immediate.

Idunno May it seems to me that several hundred people dying and having people being beaten on the streets just 'cause the Revolutionary Guard fucking feels like it (without, I might add, even bothering to be sure their victims were doing anything "wrong") is just as immediate as cardiac arrest killing a pop star. If anything, the levels of outrage should well exceed the levels of loss.

Then again, who am I to foist my view of morality on anybody else. I'm just saying, I think it is really, REALLY fucked up.

You can say that about pretty much anything though.

Its silly that MJ's death is getting more attention than:

a. the situation in Iran
b. the continued suppression and elimination of Tibetan people and culture by the Chinese
c. the continued ethnic cleansing in regions of Africa
d. the situation between Israel and Palestine
e. the fact that 95% of childrens' deaths in the world could be prevented by access to medicine, clean water, and food (which most of us take for granted)
f. the fact that the Taliban/Al-Qaeda militants throw acid in girls faces for attending school source
g. the fact that 50% of the world lives on $2.50 a day or less source

there are plenty of other things that deserve coverage. But you can't deny that pop-culture is part of life, and MJ was a world-wide icon, so his death deserves to be noted.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #88 on: 26 Jun 2009, 19:20 »

Noted, yes. Given the amount of hooplah and coverage it's getting, no. The man was an entertainer, and a great one in his time, but the amount of attention the media, to say nothing of the general population, is giving his death is goddamn ridiculous.
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #89 on: 26 Jun 2009, 19:21 »

I'd like to note that every single one of those examples, save for the first, are ongoing things. Yes, noteworthy ongoing things, but they are not any different from yesterday, or the day before, or even a year ago. The situation in Iran is, admittedly, something we all saw coming, but that's not the normal way things go in Iran. Not parallel cases with the others.

Yunior

• Furry furrier
« Reply #90 on: 26 Jun 2009, 19:29 »

I don't think anyone is dismissing what is going on in Iran; I'm certainly not. But the protests have been going on for sometime, whereas this death (again, of a cultural icon who is so, so recognizable) just happened, yesterday - it is obvious front-page news.

I'm not really endorsing how the media is, in practice, covering his death. It's definitely overdone, and kind of vacillating between canonizing and gaudy. I am also not saying I give more of a shit about MJ than I do about Iran. (And wow, dudes, I'm finding it so incredibly easy to ignore the MJ story online and scroll down to the Iran one!) I just think it is unnecessarily pontifical to be all, blah blah blah why don't you guys care about things going on in the real world.
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2009, 19:33 by Yunior »
[02:00] Dollface: clara you are awesome
[02:00] clara: oh thanks dollface
[02:00] Dollface: whos awesome you are clara

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #91 on: 26 Jun 2009, 19:36 »

Yeah, that's fair. I swear to god though, if in 3 days the name "Michael Jackson" still appears in 8 of the 10 most-read articles on every news site ever, I'm gonna cut a bitch.

nobo

« Reply #92 on: 26 Jun 2009, 20:00 »

the amount of attention the media is giving his death is goddamn ridiculous.

I actually don't have cable, I only have been noticing what foxnews, msnbc, cnn, reuters, and bbc have been putting up on their websites. I can't imagine what sorts of tributes/coverages are going on in TV land. So I'm going to go ahead and retract my argument and concede

Dude is hardcore.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #93 on: 26 Jun 2009, 20:26 »

I'm not gonna say anything regarding What Is Important or whatever the argument is, but I thought this was the more appropriate thread for both Michael Jackson was ridiculously talented oh my god and also hey look, here is probably his most famous performance [it is the one where he debuted the moonwalk!].

Liz had on Thriller the other day (okay I think it just came on) when we were playing board games at her place the other day and it was pretty awesome, also doing Thriller with a buncha zombies in a bar is excellent. Thank you MJ for helping with my Fun Times!
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

phooey

• FIGHT YOU
  • prisencolinensinainciusol
« Reply #94 on: 26 Jun 2009, 22:23 »

I think I would enjoy reading a historiography of the board written by you, Tommy.  I really mean that.

An apology to this young lady who although unknown to you played an early but crucial role

She is like an undercover, controversial character in the inception of a band of freedom fighters.  I could read anything written in this style, but it seems like you could be the Herodotus of the boards.   

Minus the men with faces for tits and giant ants and stuff.
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2009, 22:27 by phooey »

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #95 on: 26 Jun 2009, 22:26 »

I dunno how much I'd like being reduced to a footnote near the back though. I already have enough struggles with inadequacy.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #96 on: 26 Jun 2009, 23:42 »

This is my source. Obvious caveats about reliability of sources - couldn't corroborate it.

http://trashselector.com/evan-chandler-i-lied-for-my-father-im-sorry-michael/

I want this to be true, but the thing didn't even get the names right. Jordan was the boy, Evan was the father,
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

spoon_of_grimbo

« Reply #97 on: 27 Jun 2009, 02:23 »

hey look, here is probably his most famous performance [it is the one where he debuted the moonwalk!.

he's miming there right?  if he's not, i'm even more massively impressed by the guy's skills (and i was pretty impressed before!).

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #98 on: 27 Jun 2009, 04:11 »

And as far as Iran coverage, you guys are CRAZY if you think the protests in Iran are somehow more newsworthy today than Michael Jackson's death.
This is a joke, right?

Have to agree with Yunior here.

The death of Michael Jackson is of greater interest to more people than the Iranian revolution. In fact I'm not sure if the Iranian revolution was ever page 1 here even before MJ's death.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #99 on: 27 Jun 2009, 04:47 »

Also I am going to hire an animal psychologist, interview Bubbles the Chimp, sell the exclusive interview for millions and retire.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up