THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LOST (Season 1)  (Read 3330 times)

NeverQuiteGoth

• Curry sauce
    • The Raiden Saga
LOST (Season 1)
« on: 26 Jun 2009, 18:10 »

So, I'm like, WAY WAY WAY behind the curve on this, but I bought the first season of Lost on blu-ray and have been watching it. Never seen any LOST before this.

I'm very  :-D :-o :-D :-D  :-o  :-D

I'm not finding it that hard to follow though, and everything I've heard about Lost tends to focus on how hard to follow its supposed to be. Maybe it just works better when there's no delay between episodes.

It's particularly exited that there are five more seasons waiting for me and the rumors say it just gets better.
Yes, thank goodness we live in an enlightened society where we're horribly sexist to both men and woman in equal measure. >.<

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
Re: LOST (Season 1)
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jun 2009, 18:17 »

It gets a lot harder to follow as they add in more characters and other stuff in the later seasons. Worth it though.
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jun 2009, 23:37 »

You know, people say that it gets harder to follow, but I disagree. I think there's a point where it suddenly just makes sense in its own little microcosm of logic. Everything just works, after a point.

Stick with it. It definitely gets better.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

billiumbean

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • "Clamsss... Waa!"
« Reply #3 on: 27 Jun 2009, 00:39 »

Yeah, it definitely has a distinct universe.  The only problem I have with it is that whatever idiosyncratic hullabaloo that occurs can always be explained by some weird Deus Ex Machina.  John, for example, can walk.  How?  THE ISLAND IS MAGIC.  Oh, okay. 

Even though I like the show, I sometimes wonder who's side the writers are on; Ours, or the show's marketing team's.
Quote from: Alex C
I do agree that this could potentially have some dire ramifications in regards to purple drank.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jun 2009, 09:20 »

Maybe it just works better when there's no delay between episodes.

This. I did the same thing you're doing a couple years ago. I started watching Lost right after season 3 ended and not having the delay between episodes keeps things fresh and keeps confusion at bay. Did the same with Rachel right before season 4 started.

Make sure you avoid researching the show at all until you catch up, though. I had at least three major character deaths spoiled for me accidentally by doing that.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY
Pages: [1]   Go Up