THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 15:19
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT June 29-July 3, 2009  (Read 71258 times)

Manix

• Balloon animal serial killer
Re: WCT June 29-July 3, 2009
« Reply #200 on: 04 Jul 2009, 19:33 »

What we're doing here is nipping another "Hantai" in the bud before it has the chance to fully bloom, and spread its tentacles all over.

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #201 on: 04 Jul 2009, 20:26 »

Because people are veritably shouting from their rooftops that Marigold and Hannelore need to fuck each other.

As I've already established, some things are just true. That being one of them. It's not even an issue, just undeniable reality.
« Last Edit: 04 Jul 2009, 20:30 by Delirium »

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #202 on: 04 Jul 2009, 23:25 »

I do think Sven's finally come to the realization that what's happened is in part his fault, which is progress, and I think he's angry and unhappy, yes, but hardly crushed.
If not crushed, he's in a pretty deep funk. Lydia's commented on it, and Wil seemed to expect a lot more sociability.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Aegir

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #203 on: 04 Jul 2009, 23:37 »

Are you people 14 years old or something? I don't see why people think a lesbian relationship is so much more "awesome" than a straight relationship. This view implies that alternate sexualities are not normal. Whether you see that non-normalcy as a positive or a negative, you're still sending out the message that it's different and society should see it that way.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #204 on: 04 Jul 2009, 23:45 »

I'm not sure what the difference between deep funk and angry and unhappy is, Is it cold, but I won't argue. Just not crushed. (I always thought funk was a stench or George Clinton music. Or both.)

And Zingoleb, if that's true, than you can simply zip it, and it will happen anyway, yes? Hush now and crow later.
« Last Edit: 04 Jul 2009, 23:48 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

ysth

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • capital eszet
« Reply #205 on: 04 Jul 2009, 23:49 »

Ugh. WHY is this discussion even necessary? Do we need to discuss whether or not the speed of light in a vacuum is 299,792,458 m/s second, as well?
As long as you are changing the subject...

ysth

• capital eszet
« Reply #206 on: 05 Jul 2009, 00:00 »

Are you people 14 years old or something? I don't see why people think a lesbian relationship is so much more "awesome" than a straight relationship. This view implies that alternate sexualities are not normal. Whether you see that non-normalcy as a positive or a negative, you're still sending out the message that it's different and society should see it that way.
"'Normal' is a dryer setting."

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #207 on: 05 Jul 2009, 00:44 »

Angry, yes. That outburst about Angus was not the reaction of a centered person.

It's beginning to look like he may be angry at himself, which is major emotional progress for Sven.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #208 on: 05 Jul 2009, 03:58 »

Because people are veritably shouting from their rooftops that Marigold and Hannelore need to fuck each other.

As I've already established, some things are just true. That being one of them. It's not even an issue, just undeniable reality.

Have you simply not read all the arguments that state your previous points were false?
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist
« Reply #209 on: 05 Jul 2009, 05:35 »

In fact, why does Hannelore have to be sexually active (with a partner) at all?  Given what we've seen of her state of, well, development, for lack of a better word, any sexual relation right now would probably be the equivalent of running a train full-out over a three hundred foot deep gorge spanned by a new bridge that's, say, four-fifths finished. The train engine might make it across through momentum and actually land on the rails on the other side, but there's an almighty crash coming if it doesn't. And even if it does make it, there's all the cars it's pulling behind it there to pull it back into said plummet. And what's saddest is this: if you'd wait a little while, the bridge might be finished.
You, sir, have just blown my mind with your overelaborate simile. Good work.
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #210 on: 05 Jul 2009, 11:05 »

Have you simply not read all the arguments that state your previous points were false?
haven't you read my responses to them? Any that I haven't acknowledged are self-refuting.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #211 on: 05 Jul 2009, 12:33 »

I think your chosen name might be going to your head, dear.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

connathan

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #212 on: 05 Jul 2009, 13:22 »

Well, since Delirium is so convinced that Marigold and Hannelore are DEFINITELY going to get together, let's all just sit back and watch as Jeph makes his decision whether or not to reward the yuri shippers. I for one feel that we (non yuri shippers) will be pleased with the results.

Jeff7

• Furry furrier
« Reply #213 on: 05 Jul 2009, 14:27 »

@connathan: Well sure, the majority of us are consistently pleased, since we continue to read the comic. :)

It's just that Jeph doesn't like to do fanservice/blatant pandering very often. That's all. ;)
And of course the forums are on clampdown mode because it's apparently considered "creepy" for people to ponder various OMGNOTABOO!!!! aspects of fictional characters' lives.

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #214 on: 05 Jul 2009, 21:20 »

I never said that Marigold and Hanners would definitely get together, just that if Jeph didn't do it, it would be not realistic. Like, beyond the little robots running around variety of unrealistic.

@Mr Rose: Too easy.
« Last Edit: 05 Jul 2009, 21:28 by Delirium »

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #215 on: 05 Jul 2009, 21:46 »

So...it would be unrealistic for Marigold and Hannelore not to sleep together...because...Hannelore is creeped out by semen (stipulated)...Angus is a prick (stipulated)...Marigold, Unwashed Fujoshi, has a fairly good chance of being bi (stipulated...although "extremely" is pushing it, hard)...and they're watching vaguely ecchi anime together (obviously stipulated).

So let's break down your way of thinking.

1. ASSERTION: Marigold is bisexual.
2. ASSERTION: Hannelore is unlikely to have sex with a man in the near future.
3. ASSERTION: Angus is an asshole.
4. ASSERTION: Hannelore and Marigold are watching pretty boys have highly stylized sex.
5. INFERENCE: ???

(All right, I'll be charitable here.)
5. INFERENCE: From 1 and 3, Marigold will likely partner exclusively with women in the near future, because that's how lesbianism works.
6. INFERENCE: From 2, Hannelore will probably become a lesbian, because she's just a wildcat deep down.
7. INFERENCE: From 4, 5, and 6, Hannelore and Marigold will be thinking about sex while watching sex between men (despite having been turned off from men) to the point that their mutual induced lesbianism will be turned upon one another.
8. CONCLUSION: LESBIAN SEX!

Really, in that anime club, did you think it turned into a huge orgy every time the Inevitable Fangirl Posse was left alone?

Okay, let's start with "Hannelore is also not likely to put her face I'm-ending-this-sentence-here-kthnxbai," and "given her taste in manga, she's clearly not that creeped out by semen" (even freaking Gravitation has pile-of-tissues sight gags).  Even ignoring that, there's the simple fact that these are not adolescent boys, much less the (admittedly well-grounded) stereotype of adolescent boys you're describing.  It's not unreasonable to think they plan to watch this without anything steamy happening.  Marigold does, as I've said, seem to have something for Hannelore, but really, it's not that impossible it could just be anxiety.  And there is no reason whatsoever to think Hannelore would reciprocate.  So keep in mind - this condescending is coming from a semi-shipper!

This seems like a very deniable undeniable reality, really.
« Last Edit: 05 Jul 2009, 21:58 by Near Lurker »
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

The Joker

• Curry sauce
  • Why so serious?
« Reply #216 on: 05 Jul 2009, 21:49 »

So...

...how about them Bears?

*snaps fingers and points in one fluid motion*
They say the Joker is a wanted man...

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #217 on: 05 Jul 2009, 22:01 »

Keep in mind that I am not a shipper. Especially not a Hannigold shipper. In fact, I wish I didn't see it coming. Marigold is frankly not that appealing to me. Too many damn zits/moles on her face, and unkempt hair, fuck no. Hanners can and should do better. Look, please, people, I'm begging for you to stone me as a false prophet, perhaps that will convince some small part of me that maybe it won't come to pass, despite what I know must be.
« Last Edit: 05 Jul 2009, 22:03 by Delirium »

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #218 on: 05 Jul 2009, 22:30 »

...how about them Bears?
Well, there's no more dangerous animal in America. Somebody somewheres said that. I think.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #219 on: 05 Jul 2009, 22:32 »

Stephen Colbert said it.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #220 on: 05 Jul 2009, 22:40 »

What about cows?

They secrete milk, which is the deadliest of the food groups

Perhaps for the most egregious cultural missteps, bears will be inadequate and we'll have to use cows instead.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #221 on: 05 Jul 2009, 23:13 »

To put it simply;

Jeph has introduced a new character called Marigold
Jeph has gone to some trouble and plot action to introduce Marigold to Hanners
Jeph has seen to it that Hanners has a reason to maintain contact with Marigold
Jeph has something  in mind for Hanners and Marigold

Now, whether or not this leads to said pair becoming partners, close friends, or winding up as defacto big sisters, is now up to Jeph.

'nuff said.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #222 on: 05 Jul 2009, 23:43 »

Stephen Colbert said it.
Really?

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #223 on: 06 Jul 2009, 00:47 »

To put it simply;

Jeph has introduced a new character called Marigold
Jeph has gone to some trouble and plot action to introduce Marigold to Hanners
Jeph has seen to it that Hanners has a reason to maintain contact with Marigold
Jeph has something  in mind for Hanners and Marigold

Now, whether or not this leads to said pair becoming partners, close friends, or winding up as defacto big sisters, is now up to Jeph.

'nuff said.

As fun as it is to speculate, I seriously don't think that anything romantic will happen between Hanners and anyone. What I do think is that Hannelore needs someone she can relate to socially on an equal basis.

Before she started running around with Marten and his gang, she had little or no social interaction. Now, Marten is probably her closest friend right now, but he plays more of a big brother/father-figure than an equal. Likewise with Dora and Faye.

Now Marigold comes along and she has an oppurtunity to have a friendship with someone who she can help, the way Marten and the gang have helped her. Can anyone see Hanners going off on Marten, Faye or Dora the way she went off on Marigold about her room?

So I think that this arc will lead to Marigold being folded into the group through Hanners.

Which will be a good thing, because when Marten and Dora have a baby, and Faye has to move in with Angus, Marigold will need a roommate, and Sven won't be available because he will be left to die lonely and forgotten, having not left the house for the shame of losing Faye, and Penelope will have ridden off into the sunset on the back of Wil's Harley, and Lydia and Tai will have gotten married, and Steve and the girl that asked Marten out will be off somewhere kicking ass and taking names for the US Government and Hanners' mom will be in prison for racketeering and Amanda...

Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #224 on: 06 Jul 2009, 01:03 »

That's a damned good point. Hannelore is close to the same physical age as her current circle (not counting the time she spent in biostasis :-)) but emotionally she's missed some stages of development. She seems childlike sometimes, but is better understood as an adolescent.

Marigold may be her first emotional agemate.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

ysth

• capital eszet
« Reply #225 on: 06 Jul 2009, 01:34 »

Can anyone see Hanners going off on Marten, Faye or Dora the way she went off on Marigold about her room?
Yes.

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #226 on: 06 Jul 2009, 01:38 »

Hanners has been to their apartments several times and made only minimal issue of it. It's absolutely irresponsible, disgusting clutter which puts the health of the inhabitants of the rest of the building at risk that presses her berserk button.

EDIT: Aaaaand comic is up. My plan has worked, Marilore has been averted.
« Last Edit: 06 Jul 2009, 01:49 by Delirium »

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #227 on: 06 Jul 2009, 01:50 »

There is no new thread for this week ... why is there no new thread for this week ... why oh why oh why oh why ???

My opinion about Manga is the same as of Jamiri: "Manga ? Isnt that some kind of Fish ? I'm doing comics, not cooking !" (Jamiri does Comics, of course - not me. Not sure if it was 100% his statement, but it was something along those lines)

Hehe now translating Jamiri, that would be great. Dunno if english people would get that humor, though - and hes often hard to translate and sometimes very specific german.
Carpe Diem

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #228 on: 06 Jul 2009, 02:12 »

Marigold may be her first emotional agemate.

"Emotional agemate" that's the phrase I was looking for!
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #229 on: 06 Jul 2009, 06:43 »

Can anyone see Hanners going off on Marten, Faye or Dora the way she went off on Marigold about her room?

Hanners going off on Marten and Dora: http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=981
Hanners going off on Faye: http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1108

Random832

« Reply #230 on: 06 Jul 2009, 07:32 »

2. She is a fan of Yaoi, as well as anime/manga in general. As I stated earlier, this makes it extremely unlikely for her to be straight.

Huh?

Fans of Yaoi are 99.999%* likely to be straight girls.

Fans of "anime/manga in general" have no particular correlation to sexual orientation differing from the general population.

*Number I just made up.
« Last Edit: 06 Jul 2009, 07:33 by Random832 »

innermoppet

• Call me El Conquistador
    • Profoundly Shallow
« Reply #231 on: 06 Jul 2009, 08:49 »

There are never mods when you need them.

I don't care about whether the characters become gay, straight or whatever... but seriously I have read the word "semen" too many times today on this board. Blargh. I am also starting to understand why Jeph hates the forums.

I think Hanners looks so adorable in the fourth panel. The artwork just gets better and better.

I don't care what the haters say, I'm incredibly amused by Angus.
Sam: So let me get this straight. You want to drive all the way to Cicero just to hook up with some random chick?
Dean: She was a yoga teacher. That was the bendiest weekend of my life!

-Supernatural-

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #232 on: 06 Jul 2009, 11:13 »

Huh?

Fans of Yaoi are 99.999%* likely to be straight girls.

Fans of "anime/manga in general" have no particular correlation to sexual orientation differing from the general population.

*Number I just made up.

I'm sorry, but that's just not true.  Fans of yaoi are 99% likely to be girls, but maybe, maybe 50% are completely straight.  I've been surprised at how many are 100% lesbian.  The last time I was in an anime circle (as an undergrad) before not actually outgrowing that shit, there were, I think, two straight male regulars, plus the straight girlfriend of a bisexual member, a smattering of lesbians, and everyone else - about three fifths - was bi.  When I was younger, they were all claiming to be straight, but around sixteen, a huge percentage either left or came out.  I only have anecdotal evidence, but it definitely looks to me like there's a correlation.

Not that that means anything for Marigold.  Even if she does live in Northampton.

Thorbard

« Reply #233 on: 06 Jul 2009, 13:27 »

I never said that Marigold and Hanners would definitely get together, just that if Jeph didn't do it, it would be not realistic. Like, beyond the little robots running around variety of unrealistic.

@Mr Rose: Too easy.

Hanners can't handle girl fluids any more than guy fluids.

Tongues/mouths freak her out.
See here: http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1243 & here http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1218

FFS hugs freak her out.
"hugging hanners heralds heavy hyperventilation"

Hanners is neither straight, bi nor lesbian. I'm voting for 'more or less asexual'.

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1245

If she was bisexual, she would've already hooked up with Tai, who openly flirts with her.
« Last Edit: 06 Jul 2009, 23:19 by Thorbard »

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #234 on: 06 Jul 2009, 15:34 »

Guys, I know Hanners and Marigold aren't getting together sexually. I was just trying to stir up some fanwank as part of a Xanatos Gambit to get Jeph away from that direction.

Jeff7

• Furry furrier
« Reply #235 on: 06 Jul 2009, 17:43 »

I have no idea why, and this is pseudorandom, but there's something about Marigold's nose that I like.

Weird.

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #236 on: 06 Jul 2009, 22:24 »

Guys, I know Hanners and Marigold aren't getting together sexually. I was just trying to stir up some fanwank as part of a Xanatos Gambit to get Jeph away from that direction.

...y'know, some people call that "trolling."

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #237 on: 07 Jul 2009, 11:12 »

Trolling depends on the circumstances. I think you'd agree that such circumstances were absent.

Random832

« Reply #238 on: 07 Jul 2009, 12:02 »

I think you'd agree that such circumstances were absent.
I think that if you were to think that you'd be wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up