THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 14:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Save Money, Save save save....maybe?  (Read 18832 times)

tinysmidgen

• Obscure cultural reference
Save Money, Save save save....maybe?
« on: 06 Jul 2009, 15:52 »

I need, no.. I NEED to save money, any ideas on how I should accomplish such a daunting task?

Right now this is what I have..

and

also I'm saving all receipts, cash, check and card, in a small expandable folder divided by month..hopefully I can track/curb my useless expenses and budget my check in a responsible manner.
Thoughts? Ideas? Advice?

The reasons I'm saving:
1. Moving to Massachusetts
2. Buying a new computer, preferably an iMac
3. Buying a new iPod
4. A list of CDs that I have that I want to buy, i think it came up to 468 CDs
A raptor with a sword should never be trusted, even if the raptor doesn't have thumbs.

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung
Re: Save Money, Save save save....maybe?
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jul 2009, 16:12 »

hey ts,

i have a pretty similar spreadsheet where i keep track of all my purchases/expenditures for each credit card and bank account that I have. I update it every week with all the receipts in my wallet and then check my spreadsheet against my credit balances online.

You can do the same thing online using quicken https://www.quickenonline.intuit.com/quickenweb/pages/iam/login_main.jsf

The reasons I'm saving:
1. Moving to Massachusetts
2. Buying a new computer, preferably an iMac
3. Buying a new iPod
4. A list of CDs that I have that I want to buy, i think it came up to 468 CDs

iMac + iPod  = $2000?
468 cds = $5000ish?
Move to Massachusetts = security deposit + 1st month rent?

Looks like you need about $10k You can easily cut that down to $5k if you make just download the music with bittorrents. If you save 400 a month you can have 5k in a year.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jul 2009, 16:13 »

Do not buy food out, make it at home then bring it with you. Making large batches of stuff and freezing the excess is tops.

Become a financial vegetarian. It's cheaper, or at least it is over here.

Sell shit you don't use anymore.

Quit drinking/smoking, or drink/smoke less, or alternatively brew/grow your own.

Learn how to sew, so you can fix things instead of buying new stuff. eg. darn your socks instead of buying new ones.

Learn how to cook with leftovers. eg. making stock with bones instead of chucking them.

Get yourself a disused pushbike for free, fix it up and use it instead of a car where possible.

Sell your hair?

Do not spend money on useless shit.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #3 on: 06 Jul 2009, 16:20 »

Do not buy shaving cream! It is a con. Your average bar of soap does the job just fine.

In fact just stop shaving at all. Then sell your beard hair to a wig shop.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #4 on: 06 Jul 2009, 16:26 »

I find its easier to approach it in reverse, honestly. Set aside 5-10% of your weekly income to go into a savings account, and work the rest of your budget out from there. If you are struggling to pay bills  and save that amount you need a better job/cheaper rent/give up heroin

If you approach it forwards like you seem to be, it becomes a lot harder to separate essential things from non-essential things, especially when it comes to food (if your food bill is over 50 dollars AU a week, you probably can save a lot more) and little luxuries you treat yourself to and so you're more likely to find a saving budget unworkable. If you figure out how much you want to put aside a week and stick to it, you'll have a much easier time figuring out what you can cut out from your life.

In fact, how old are you? How essential is a car to your life?

If the answer is not "I literally would starve to death and die for my car is my livelihood in the most literal sense of the word" and you don't have a family or other responsibilities you can't really shirk that require a car, I'd seriously recommend selling your car until you NEED one or can afford one comfortably, because car's are fucking expensive.
« Last Edit: 06 Jul 2009, 16:29 by Hat »
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #5 on: 06 Jul 2009, 16:29 »

panhandle!

bonus spare change if you can play guitar or juggle or something. i made $20 in highschool just walking around town with a sign that said "will do backflips for cash"
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #6 on: 06 Jul 2009, 16:30 »

Hat speaks the truth, that is actually the best way of doing it.

I think we need to keep up the depression-era wisdom, though. Like save your toenail clippings and then glue them onto the end of a stick instead of buying a scrubbing brush. Or make coffee by filling a sock with coffee grounds then dunking it in water.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #7 on: 06 Jul 2009, 16:31 »

Do not buy food out, make it at home then bring it with you. Making large batches of stuff and freezing the excess is tops.

Become a financial vegetarian. It's cheaper, or at least it is over here.

Sell shit you don't use anymore.

Quit drinking/smoking, or drink/smoke less, or alternatively brew/grow your own.

Learn how to sew, so you can fix things instead of buying new stuff. eg. darn your socks instead of buying new ones.

Learn how to cook with leftovers. eg. making stock with bones instead of chucking them.

Get yourself a disused pushbike for free, fix it up and use it instead of a car where possible.

Sell your hair?

Do not spend money on useless shit.

ALL SOLID ADVICE

Actually how do you darn socks because my sock budget is like, fucking 20 dollars a month because I love walking around in socks HOOK A BROTHER UP WITH SOME KNOWLEDGE/A WEBSITE WITH SOMETHING YOU MIGHT MISTAKE FOR KNOWLEDGE

I actually became a financial vegetarian last week. My housemates sometimes cook food for everyone that contains ample meat, and my parents wouldn't dream of serving me up anything that wasn't mostly meat when I pop around for dinner every couple of weeks, so I'm still getting a pretty reasonable amount of meat but just not paying for it aw yeah
« Last Edit: 06 Jul 2009, 16:33 by Hat »

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #8 on: 06 Jul 2009, 16:33 »

BAM

edit: Yeah I don't buy meat and cook it at home... I get most of my meat intake at $5 steak nights every now and then.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #9 on: 06 Jul 2009, 16:41 »

my sock budget is like, fucking 20 dollars a month

Style costs money.  I don't wear socks at all with my cheapo open sandals (yes, all year round).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #10 on: 06 Jul 2009, 16:48 »

is there any really important reason you need to buy all those cds? they're awful and a waste of space and money, imo. if you want to support artists you like, it's much cheaper to just buy mp3s online.

a couple of other tips:

- buy food that expires the next day, usually it's about 50% off and totally edible so long as you either eat it that day or keep it in your freezer.
- don't eat out, ever, even fast food, it seems cheap sometimes but in the long run it is crazy expensive. always cook for yourself when possible.
- drive as little as possible. if you end up taking the bus a lot instead of driving, get a monthly pass.
- eat less meat. most people eat way more meat per day than they need to. you really only need to eat about 2-3 servings of protein a day, unless you are training to be an athlete or something. servings are pretty small: 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of meat, or two tablespoons of peanut butter are all examples. generally, grains and fruits are a lot cheaper than protein-loaded foods.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #11 on: 06 Jul 2009, 16:53 »

my sock budget is like, fucking 20 dollars a month

Style costs money.  I don't wear socks at all with my cheapo open sandals (yes, all year round).

Man I just ain't ready to make that sacrifice for cash yet. I think the reason you mostly see older dudes wearing them is that it takes a dude a pretty hefty chunk of his life to realise that style just isn't worth the cash you spend on it.

Although the fact that Violent_Dove is apparently a total budget whore makes me wonder if I might just be chasing the entirely wrong end of the stick.

Dude do you just steal all your clothes from Gypsies? That is a rad idea.

Edit: took me three goes to figure out the plural form of gypsy
« Last Edit: 06 Jul 2009, 16:58 by Hat »

tinysmidgen

« Reply #12 on: 06 Jul 2009, 16:53 »

your advice is welcomed, thank you all

@Hat: my car = i usually go to work at 10 in the morning (parents go to work at 5:30 and 7 respectively) and usually work till 7 (my parents get off work at 2 and 5 respectively), we live ten miles out of town, so i suppose i could bike on decent days, and the night(s) that I don't play d&d..actually..i work 10-7 tomorrow, and I usually get up around 7 anyways, so I'll try and bike to work (weather permitting)

notes: i don't drink/smoke, so that's good
the first thing i do is set aside money for bills...340 a month + 20 a week/every two weeks for gas..no rent yet
i dont eat that much meat generally, me thinks..but it helps that my mother is buying all the food for me to make my lunches with (living off of parents isnt that honorable =\ )

and im trying to save up enough money to go for a couple months without a job, just incase i can't find anything when i move
A raptor with a sword should never be trusted, even if the raptor doesn't have thumbs.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #13 on: 06 Jul 2009, 16:54 »

If you have any hobbies, make a profit out of them. My food budget comes fully out of my commissioned paintings. If I don't paint I don't eat. I also get store credit from the store that sells the stuff I paint, so I use that to buy stuff, and then later sell it after it has been assembled and painted. It helps me buy food as well, and I enjoy doing it.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #14 on: 06 Jul 2009, 16:54 »

Also making money out of hobbies is a good idea but if your hobbies are making drinks and smoking pot maybe be a bit careful
« Last Edit: 06 Jul 2009, 16:57 by Hat »

tinysmidgen

« Reply #15 on: 06 Jul 2009, 17:11 »

making chainmail? i plain on making chainmail bags for a couple of the guys i D&D with, they're buying the rings and paying for the work on it, so that will be about 20 per bag

idk though, i dont have many hobbies that are good sources for income...i read and listen to music and surf the webz, that's about it

nobo

« Reply #16 on: 06 Jul 2009, 17:19 »

and im trying to save up enough money to go for a couple months without a job, just incase i can't find anything when i move

do not move until you have a job lined up.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #17 on: 06 Jul 2009, 17:26 »

Depends on how old he is really. If he's only 19 or so, moving to a new city without a job and some cash isn't a bad idea. Think of it as kind of an adventure and bear in mind anything valuable you bring with you, you might need to sell for food.

Of course once you start to get into your mid 20s the whole idea just seems patently ridiculous.

tinysmidgen

« Reply #18 on: 06 Jul 2009, 17:34 »

me thinks i could transfer to another Aubuchon's...*shudder*
It's not that the company is a bad company to work for, it's just, I'd like to have a social life when I move, and most Aubuchon's are open from 7, 7:30, 8 until 6, 6:30, 7.

But the reason I want to save more than for the deposit/first& last month's rent is this....what if i lose my job, i want to be able to have a buffer, rather than saving everything from my paychecks when i move

and i will be 19 in 19 days

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #19 on: 06 Jul 2009, 18:29 »

Ok, I haven't had a job in over a year, so my way of saving money is to basically go "do I need this, or just want it?" if the answer is 'want' then I put it back and move on. That or I don't take my wallet with me when I know I will just be going window shopping. Can't spend money if it is not on you! I am going to do what Brett is saying when I get a job in order to pay back money I owe, by working out the maximum amount of money I can put away each time I get paid, then once that is paid off drop it down to $20-$50 a week into a savings account to have when I need to register my car, or if it breaks, or if I move out and need to buy a bed etc.

All of Nick's advice is really good. Some things I can think of is to go thrift shopping rather than going to proper stores when buying clothes (or other stuff sometimes. The Vinnies stores here sometimes have a huge range of cookwear and crockery, which is almost always cheaper than anywhere else, and that may come in handy when you move?). Actually, that is all I can think of that really applies to your situation, but what other people have said is good, and you seem to have worked out a way to monitor your spending. Good luck!
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #20 on: 06 Jul 2009, 18:32 »

the general rule of thumb is to always have enough extra cash set aside, all other expenses considered, that you can live for three months with no income whatsoever. having another job lined up before you move would definitely be ideal, especially since the job market sucks amazingly right now, but if that doesn't work out you should be able to find something decent within three months since you are young and your standards for work are probably not as high as an older person's might be.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

tinysmidgen

« Reply #21 on: 06 Jul 2009, 18:36 »

only standards for a job are these:
1. no crazy crazy hours
2. a liveable wage
3. wouldnt mind something that i can destroy things for work
4. being able to listen to the music i like would be a major major major plus
5. along with being able to text at work

but that's about it, i could suffer through most anything

nobo

« Reply #22 on: 06 Jul 2009, 18:42 »

Sounds like you want to be test engineer, especially the ones that test the life cycle of products.

Dude is hardcore.

tinysmidgen

« Reply #23 on: 06 Jul 2009, 19:08 »

i dont wanna go to college again :( book work is so not for me

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #24 on: 06 Jul 2009, 19:09 »

1. pays me enough to get by

Fixed it for your situation. When you move somewhere, the first job you take is the job that will hire you. You look for something more preferable while doing that job. Texting/listening to music are extremely minimal sacrifices to get your feet on the ground.
Quote from: Lunchbox
It is not wussy. There are orifices being assaulted all over the shop.

Yayniall

• ◔ ◡ ◔
« Reply #25 on: 06 Jul 2009, 19:15 »

I'll give you twenty quid for a mug full of semen.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #26 on: 06 Jul 2009, 19:30 »

1. no crazy crazy hours
2. a liveable wage
3. wouldnt mind something that i can destroy things for work
4. being able to listen to the music i like would be a major major major plus
5. along with being able to text at work

>You step out of the bus into a new city. In front of you is A SERVICE INDUSTRY JOB

>COMPARE SERVICE INDUSTRY JOB to STANDARDS FOR A JOB

>RESULTS = ZERO

> you refuse to take SERVICE INDUSTRY JOB

> you are found dead in a gutter three weeks later

Short answer is that I agree with Tyler.
« Last Edit: 06 Jul 2009, 19:32 by Hat »

nobo

« Reply #27 on: 06 Jul 2009, 19:40 »

i dont wanna go to college again :( book work is so not for me

you can join the army. they blow stuff up.

Dude is hardcore.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #28 on: 06 Jul 2009, 20:22 »

I'd like to have a social life when I move

Hahaha
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #29 on: 07 Jul 2009, 01:53 »

For the love of all that fucks, do not and I mean do not shop for food on an empty stomach. This is a terrible awful no good very bad idea. Always fill up before going to the market. Always always always.

Other tips -
 - save and use coupons.
 - Patronise freecycle.
 - shut off lights and appliances when you are finished enjoying their services.
 - Patronise your local library for entertainment. Besides books they'll have magazines, probably some DVDs, maybe games as well. Failing that, hulu and torrent sites for shows on the computer. Don't pay extra for cable.
 - If you drink coffee, brew it yourself.
 - Go to matinees when you go to the movies.
 - Buy in bulk where you can.
 - Don't smoke, you lousy cunt.
 - Know your grocer and its habits. See if you can't get cheap bread and pastries at night (they'll probably be loathe to throw them out)
 - If you're living on your own, don't build your own computer. Go to a Dell outlet and buy cheap. There's no such thing as a "Budget Rig".
 - If you've got self-control enough, a credit card can be a boon. Pay off your debts ASAP and rack up the reward points or whatever. But respect the beast if you want to play with it, it's capable of fucking you up in ways you can never recover from. But if you play it right the benefits, short term and long term, are considerable. Building credit is always good. If you have any sort of spending impulse stay as far away as you can manage.
 - Even if you live alone, cook a large meal that you can separate into smaller portions to freeze to eat later. Spaghetti sauce is the perfect example: you can make a large batch at one time and freeze it. Then you can use it to prepare a lot of different meals: lasagna, macaroni... you can even use it as a pizza topping instead or regular tomato sauce. Food is the #1 source of out-of-control spending, for myself and everyone I know.
 - Be single.
 - Learn to love the taste of tap water. Don't drink the bottled stuff.
 - If you've got to have a car, get an old model, small Japanese build. Might be a bit pricey but they hold their value for good reasons.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #30 on: 07 Jul 2009, 02:26 »

i made $20 in highschool just walking around town with a sign that said "will do backflips for cash"

Please tell me you have pictures of this.

I need to learn to do backflips.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #31 on: 07 Jul 2009, 03:01 »

- Don't smoke, you lousy cunt.

quotin' this for my own benefit

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #32 on: 07 Jul 2009, 03:12 »

Money is really the only reason I do not smoke. Yes I am aware that it can kill me in all manner of painful ways.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #33 on: 07 Jul 2009, 03:13 »

other reasons are that a lot of the ladies do not like it but I am addicted

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #34 on: 07 Jul 2009, 05:34 »

Become a drug dealer. You'll make shit loads of money in no time if you have a large circle of friends.
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #35 on: 07 Jul 2009, 06:05 »

And you can go to jail.

:police:
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #36 on: 07 Jul 2009, 07:44 »

Where they will provide you meals.
Quote from: Lunchbox
It is not wussy. There are orifices being assaulted all over the shop.

Reed

« Reply #37 on: 07 Jul 2009, 07:49 »

and a free room.
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

allison

• i really want a mustache
« Reply #38 on: 07 Jul 2009, 07:53 »

And all the buttsex you want, seein' how you're so pretty.
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #39 on: 07 Jul 2009, 08:30 »

See? Problem solved!
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

yelley

• The Neighbor of the Beast
  • i believe in knitting.
    • it's peanut butter yelley time
« Reply #40 on: 07 Jul 2009, 10:28 »

Do you really need a new computer? Do you not have a computer at all and would you be computerless upon moving to Massachusetts? Unless you have a job where you will need a computer to work from home (sounds like you don't) I would advise against buying a new one until you're in a position where it's a comfortable amount of money for you to spend. Especially since you want to buy an expensive computer. Use the computers at the library if you need one to find a job and check email, don't waste your money you could be spending on food and shelter on something you can get for free with a bit more effort. Oh, you also do not need to buy those CDs or iPod. "Need" and "CDs" don't go together like that... "need" is more for things like food, water, sleep, you get the picture. Anyway, what would you do with all those CDs? Rip them to your computer as MP3s, transfer them to your iPod, then put them on a shelf and not touch them? Just download if you really need to, it's cheaper.

Social life... you want to have a social life... please don't turn down jobs because it will cut into your social life. Being social requires money a lot of the time. Also, I will never understand when people want a job that lets them text at work. You are at work! Someone is paying you to be there and do work therefore someone owns your time. Text your friends on your own time.

You say you spend 340 a month on bills right now, but you live at home with your parents... what kind of bills are we talking here? Are any of them unnecessary? Car insurance, you'll need that one if you're going to continue driving, but you might be able to save money by switching insurance providers. Credit cards, if you already have them you'll need to keep paying those off. If you're paying for TV or internet or a separate mobile phone bill, cut the first two and see about getting on a family plan with your parents for the phone. If you're pitching in for utilities bill, cut back your usage. Colder showers, wash your clothes in cold water, unplug things when you're not using them, switch to CFLs, turn off the air conditioner and go sit around and do nothing somewhere where the AC is free, like a coffee shop or the library or something.

Everything else already said is good advice too... especially the eating at restaurants part. If you make sacrifices in the food area, make sure you're still being healthy. I used to save money by eating the same 10yen head of cabbage with sesame dressing for dinner for a whole week... probably not the most balanced of meals.

Don't kill yourself trying to not use your car... a lot of people on this board live in places where public transportation is readily available and things are close and in biking range, but a lot of us are also from suburban/rural American towns and know a little differently. If you need your car, use your car. But look for cheaper insurance and drive smarter to save money. Open the windows instead of turning on the AC, driving 55 instead of 65 saves you gas, accelerating slower saves you gas, combine trips so that you drive less, only go places that you need to go, etcetera.

But really, all you have to know to save money is that "need" and "want" are not always mutually exclusive groups, but they usually are. Nobody in the world needs an iPod. Really.
Quote from: tommy
you do lurk below the surface of the forum, emerging occasionally to pluck a young man from our ranks before plunging back into the murky depths from whence you came
Quote from: J0n
You are pretty totally creepshow, yelley

Yayniall

• ◔ ◡ ◔
« Reply #41 on: 07 Jul 2009, 11:58 »

Just stop complaining and win the lottery.
Problem solved.
Also try getting on quiz shows.
Or win pub quizzes for a living.

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #42 on: 07 Jul 2009, 13:30 »

Do not buy shaving cream! It is a con. Your average bar of soap does the job just fine.

Not true, it'll make your skin more dry and that doesn't help for irritation and razor burns.
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #43 on: 07 Jul 2009, 14:57 »

Not true, change your soap.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #44 on: 07 Jul 2009, 15:33 »

I've been using the same tube of Neutrogena shaving cream for...4 years, now?  You don't need a whole lot.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Allybee

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #45 on: 07 Jul 2009, 16:29 »

where in massachusetts are you planning on moving? boston-area?
radical dame

tinysmidgen

« Reply #46 on: 07 Jul 2009, 18:02 »

So, as I said yesterday, I was planning on biking to work this morning. You should all be proud of me, well, maybe...I managed the ten mile bike ride in an hour, got to work a half hour early, and couldn't feel my legs for the next half hour. Lessons Learned on the Bike Ride to Work: EAT FUCKING BREAKFAST FIRST SO ONE HAS ENERGY!!!....yeah..

Anyways..

@KvP:
-working on the saving part ;P
-i've plenty of books and i patronize websites for my movie viewing needs
-don't drink coffee
-don't go to movies much but i do go to matinees
-i plan on it
-i dont
- okay
-the one i plan on buying will be basic
-i would so fuck up a credit card
-will do
:| :| :| :| :|
- i detest the taste of bottled water, probably because i've developed a taste of tap water from a well (hard water)
-i have an '03 toyota matrix, my mother's old car, i'm lucky that i got that, it's not a bad car and i only have to pay insurance and gas

@yayniall: o.O wai you want my semen?

@ ViolentDove: I rarely use shaving cream, I'm just that rugged

@yelley: insurance (it'll be expensive anywhere, i'm a nineteen year old male who's already wrecked his car once, not too bad though), i am on a family plan for my phone, unlimited texting to anyone and something like 300 minutes a month for 40 dollars a month, and i didn't die with the bike ride to work this morning, on the social life thing, it'd be nice to have friends :|

@allison: i'm pretty? aww thank'ye love

@allybee: north/south/easthampton to boston to sandwich, i don't know yet

nobo

« Reply #47 on: 07 Jul 2009, 18:19 »

it'd be nice to have friends :|

is this what the move is all about? you don't need to move to boston to make friends. I'll be your friend.

Dude is hardcore.

tinysmidgen

« Reply #48 on: 07 Jul 2009, 19:04 »

no, lol, i'd be one shallow fuck if i was moving just to make friends
and that'd be cool :)

Allo, my name's Tyler, what's yours?

nobo

« Reply #49 on: 07 Jul 2009, 19:11 »

I'm Norbert, and i'm a huge Rasheed Wallace fan. I'm really stoked he's going to Boston.

Dude is hardcore.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up