THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 14:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creature Comforts  (Read 2597 times)

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
Creature Comforts
« on: 05 Aug 2010, 06:34 »

Interviews with people dubbed over plasticine animals. The show is pretty good but the short film it's based on is also really awesome.

Has anyone else been watching this? I assume the english folks here have seen it.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

evilbobthebob

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • They're talking about me of course
Re: Creature Comforts
« Reply #1 on: 05 Aug 2010, 07:30 »

Yeah, they are really excellent shorts. I think I have probably seen every one of them because they get repeated as filler quite often. Made by the wonderful people at Aardman Animations, the same studio that created Wallace and Gromit.
http://www.last.fm/user/evilbobthebob <- Look I have no taste!

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #2 on: 05 Aug 2010, 09:43 »

Definitely one of the best things Aardman ever made, the original at least. I remember feeling that the series maybe stretched the idea too thin, but it was still very entertaining. That first short is something of a classic though.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

smack that isaiah

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Tell me again what a monster is
    • Igor and the Whale
« Reply #3 on: 05 Aug 2010, 18:20 »

oh man, thanks for the name to this.  I remember watching these on airplane trips to Taiwan, but I never could remember the name.  I would randomly remember the clips and try to search for them, but my searches wouldn't turn up what I wanted.  And when trying to describe it to others they wouldn't know what I was talking about.  Yay!  Now to go find a bunch of clips and watch them.
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter

JimmyJazz

• The German Chancellory building
  • World's Forgotten Boy
« Reply #4 on: 05 Aug 2010, 18:25 »

Thanks for the link, I had forgotten about this series for a while. Enertaining stuff for sure. Does anyone know if there's a list online of the questions they asked for each segment?
Tell her to buy a cosmo magazine, usually they have an article titled 101 ways to put stuff in your manfriend's butt.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: 05 Aug 2010, 19:30 »

I remember when they were playing this on network television a year or two ago.  I miss it.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #6 on: 06 Aug 2010, 01:55 »

I feel like I enjoy Aardman stuff a lot more than any other animation studio currently running, including Pixar, because their material is more akin to the Pixar shorts than anything - they usually have a very deep reverence for classic film, particularly silent film. The way they can convey personality and expression with just a little nub of clay brow is perfect.

Their most recent children's program in the UK is called Sean the Sheep. It's pretty good! And it's entirely silent, which is a plus. excerpt.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #7 on: 06 Aug 2010, 04:43 »

I remember Shaun's debut in one of the Wallace and Gromit shorts. That particular short reeked of epic and hardcore. I've generally come to love the hell out of most of what Aardman does, except for that absurdly feature-length they did not so long ago, which was (only slightly) less awesome.

The beauty of Creature Comforts is that everything's so out of context and hilarity ensues.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #8 on: 06 Aug 2010, 13:05 »

They've been showing it over here too, on Disney Channel and Disney XD
Pages: [1]   Go Up