THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 10:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Netflix Coming to Canada  (Read 2155 times)

Damnable Fiend

• Curry sauce
  • oh I can put stuff here? that's cool...
Netflix Coming to Canada
« on: 12 Aug 2010, 09:31 »

http://www.netflix.ca/

this fall, apparently.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20010936-17.html

Netflix is bringing its streaming service to Canada, the company announced on Monday.
Netflix plans to launch its streaming service in Canada this fall. The company offered few details on how the service will be implemented. Customers will be forced to pay a "low monthly fee" for access to the service.
Netflix said its service will work on both PCs and Macs, as well as "a range of consumer electronic devices capable of streaming from Netflix." Ostensibly, that means the HDTVs, set-top boxes, and game consoles that currently support Netflix streaming, but the company didn't specify.
Netflix was quick to point out that Canadian customers will only be able to stream the company's library of digital content; it will not be offering its physical-media rentals to Canadians.
Netflix didn't immediately respond to request for comment on supported streaming devices or why the company isn't bringing its rental service to Canada.
Canada is the first international market Netflix has brought its streaming service to. For now, all content will be available in English only. Over time, it plans to support French, as well.
Canadians will be able to get updates on the upcoming service on Netflix's placeholder page.

which doesn't surprise me, because the Canadian postal system is massively inefficient and they'd lose tons of money trying to bring that business model here.  Still though, I'm excited.

edit: fuck, wrong forum.  sorry
« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2010, 09:41 by Damnable Fiend »
"[human beings] just get carried away by new ideas, like dressing up in jackboots and shooting people, or dressing up in white sheets and lynching people, or dressing up in tie-dye jeans and playing guitars at people."

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
Re: Netflix Coming to Canada
« Reply #1 on: 12 Aug 2010, 09:42 »

"Customers will be forced to pay a "low monthly fee" for access to the service."

What a weird way to say that.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #2 on: 12 Aug 2010, 09:48 »

UGH man I hate paying for services
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #3 on: 12 Aug 2010, 19:27 »

How is this going to work with regards to Canadian ISPs throttling bandwidth? Or is that not an issue anymore?
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #4 on: 14 Aug 2010, 01:16 »

oh my internet isn't that bad
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr
Pages: [1]   Go Up