THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 13:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Giving quarter to travelers, or the roaming poets need a home  (Read 2466 times)

Will

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Creeeeeeeepy bear HEARTS YOU!!!
    • William James (author page)

Hey guys; figure I'll ask this here, just in case.
As some of you know, in about 10 days, I will be embarking upon a 2-week poetry tour, spanning 11 cities in 11 days.
Our tour schedule is basically "move, move, move" with little time to rest. We're planning to crash in our car in parking lots along the way, but if anyone would be willing to grant a short night's rest to a group of 3 dudes (2 of whom are really tiny!) it would help us out so much!
We'll be in these cities:
Quote from: Tour schedule
Saturday, Aug. 8th: Eaton, OH (near Cincinnati)
Sunday, Aug. 9th: Chicago, IL
Monday, Aug. 10th: Florissant MO (near St. Louis)
Thursday, Aug. 13th: Asheville, NC
Friday, Aug. 14th: Lovingston, VA
Sunday, Aug. 16th: Cambridge, MA
Monday, Aug. 17th: New York, NY

If you live in or near any of these cities, and have the ability and the willingness to let us crash with you, we would GREATLY appreciate it. You can PM me over the forums for details, or e-mail booking (at) whatis174 (dot) com.

Sorry for the attentionwhore/spam type post, but I realize sleeping in a car is a great way to burn ourselves out quickly, so I'm asking for help wherever I can think of.
If you visit roadtrip.whatis174.com you can see where we'll be performing - come check us out if you can!
Quote from: JohhnyC
In grade six one of my classmates during sex ed asked if the penis could be broken. The teacher's response was "Not in the same way you'd break a bone. I still wouldn't take a hammer to it or anything."

Allybee

• The German Chancellory building

I'd offer to help but I live with my parents :|

I can make you brownies and bring them to your cambridge show, though?
radical dame

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter

No love for Michigan?

Will

Since this one was pretty much thrown together quickly just for the sake of us getting out there and doing it, no Michigan this time. But hopefully we'll be able to tour again later, and I'd love to hit up some places we didn't get this time.

Allybee, if you could make it to the Cambridge show, that would rule! Also, brownies would rule. Especially towards the end of tour, we'll be poor and hungry for baked goods. I hope you can come!
In grade six one of my classmates during sex ed asked if the penis could be broken. The teacher's response was "Not in the same way you'd break a bone. I still wouldn't take a hammer to it or anything."

Allybee

I'll try my best! what's the venue?
radical dame

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!

You dudes are not allergic to cats, right?
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Lines

• Awakened

Since I live at home, I will ask. I could let you stay the night before and of, but I do have to work that Saturday, so you'd have to leave the house early Saturday. Saturday night would be no problem.

But yeah, if anyone is allergic to cats, this would be a bad idea. I have two and they get into everything.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Will

@AllyBee: We'll be at the Lizard Lounge Slam; if you go to our tour site, there's a link to the venue that should have times, we have the address listed.

@calenless: I got 3 cats that shed the hell all over me...I'm not only not allergic, I've made it a goal of mine to befriend every cat I ever meet.

@Linds: Saturday is our first actual date on the tour, so we wouldn't need to crash until saturday night before we head for Chicago. If I remember correctly you're a little south of Eaton, right? That would mean back-tracking a bit, so we'll probably just head straight for Chi-town after the gig. However, if you want to chill with us for a bit after the set, maybe join us for a bite to eat or some coffee, that would be swell!

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki

I should be able to accommodate. I live in Cambridge, about a mile and a half from the Lizard Lounge. Shoot me a PM or something and we'll discuss details.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Lines

• Awakened

That's cool! And yeah, it'd add another hour to your trip. I'll hang around with you guys though.  :-)
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Allybee

do you know if it's 21+? I looked and I think it might be.  if it is, I'd be happy to hang out with you (and give you some homemade brownies) prior to the show. seriously, I make ill brownies.
radical dame

Reed

Will, if you find yourself stuck in Ct travelling between Boston and NYC, you can feel free to crash here. I know it's not a likely stop, but I have one very comfortably couch and the carpeted floor isn't too bad to sleep on.
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

I'm currently staying with my parents but we have an extra room, so I'll ask them how they feel about hosting someone from the internet for a night (this is NYC). Problem is both them and me are the working, so it might have to be early wake up if you want to leave?

Don't want to make promises though, just saying I'll ask in the morning.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.
Pages: [1]   Go Up