THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 21:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Orphan  (Read 2636 times)

Will

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Creeeeeeeepy bear HEARTS YOU!!!
    • William James (author page)
Let's talk about Orphan
« on: 04 Aug 2009, 07:39 »

Any of you guys see this one yet? I went on a whim (and a free ticket) the other night because I was bored; expected it to be a pretty bland "creepy kid" type of horror fil, and...it wasn't at all what I expected.

It's fuckin' scary in a psychological thriller/"this shit could really happen" sort of way, and QUITE GOOD!
Quote from: JohhnyC
In grade six one of my classmates during sex ed asked if the penis could be broken. The teacher's response was "Not in the same way you'd break a bone. I still wouldn't take a hammer to it or anything."

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
Re: Let's talk about Orphan
« Reply #1 on: 04 Aug 2009, 08:52 »

It looks pretty dumb, but who knows? Maybe I'll go see it. I am just pretty tired of the "scary kids" scenario. Kids aren't that scary, guys.
Hate, rain on me

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #2 on: 04 Aug 2009, 08:54 »

I also hate when trailers are like "YOU WON'T BELIEVE HOW IT ENDS"

"THE TWIST WILL STAY WITH YOU"

"THE TWIST WILL END THE MOVIE ON A SURPRISING NOTE"
Hate, rain on me

Faker

• Furry furrier
« Reply #3 on: 04 Aug 2009, 10:03 »

Especially when said twist is ridiculous...

I haven't seen said flick, but have been told the twist, and its so left field I'm tempted to see it... on dvd, or television, if there is nothing else on
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #4 on: 04 Aug 2009, 12:57 »

It reminds me too much of The Good Son, as far as what the trailers have shown. By the way, that's a movie that will make you freak the fuck out. Mcaulay Culkin or however you spell it is the villain, playing opposite Elijah Wood, who is perfect anyway for showing childlike innocence and its less creepy because he's actually a kid in this one. Anyway Its like Home Alone if he was trying to kill you with a smile on your face.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #5 on: 04 Aug 2009, 18:41 »

Evil kids / evil twins are a very old horror trope, going back to The Omen, probably farther than that. Vera Farmiga seems to star in a good many of them. I had the twist spoiled for me and it sounds completely ridiculous and retarded.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK
Pages: [1]   Go Up