THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 18:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First Squad: aka Anime + WW2 + Soviet Russia + Crusaders + Zombies  (Read 6649 times)

Be My Head

• Psychopath in a hockey mask

http://www.first-squad.com/

Okay, this looks really fucking awesome. I've seen two other Studio 4°C films, and they were both amazing (Mind Game, and Princess Arete)

They aren't typical anime at all. They're very intelligent, entertaining, and well told. This movie looks no different, but has the advantage of really asskicking animation.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar

Baugh that website hates me.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Be My Head

There's another trailer up on youtube with some Russian rap song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_90iFLjdqQ&fmt=18

Also: a plot summary from wikipedia...

First Squad (Japanese: ファーストスクワッド Fāsuto sukuwaddo, Russian: Пе́рвый отря́д, Perviy otryad) is a joint animation project of Japan's Studio 4°C and Russian authors with Molot Entertainment.

Set during the opening days of World War II on the Eastern Front. Its main cast are a group of Soviet teenagers with extraordinary abilities; the teenagers have been drafted to form a special unit to fight the invading German army. They are opposed by a Schutzstaffel (SS) officer who is attempting to raise from the dead a supernatural army of crusaders from the 12th-century Order of the Sacred Cross and enlist them in the Nazi cause.
« Last Edit: 15 Aug 2009, 21:08 by Be My Head »

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.

In Soviet Russia, disbelief suspends you.

In all seriousness, this looks pretty fuckin rad, although with such a plot I would like you to define what "intelligent" means in this case.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar

Yeah the plot sounds really silly. Supernatural this, supernatural that.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Be My Head

One of the other movies was about a guy who dies, comes back to life, and gets trapped in a giant whale after being chased by a group of Yakuza. This was one of the most intelligent movies I've ever seen. It's all in the themes and the way it's put together. This could be different because of the Russian authors, but eh...I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by it.

FIXDIX

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Waka waka flocka flame

You all should just be watching Bakemonogatari anyway.

talen wolf

• Not quite a lurker

That looks...Interesting.
Man she is 20 pounds of crazy in a 5 pound bag.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

You all should just be watching Bakemonogatari anyway.

Why? I looked it up and the description made it sound really standard.

Mind Game on the other hand was interesting both visually and in terms of how they let the concept play out and I'm thoroughly glad I checked it out based on the description Be My Head gave it, so I'm pretty interested in how this film shapes up.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games

I'm in.  I like the look a lot.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor

First Squad (Japanese: ファーストスクワッド Fāsuto sukuwaddo, Russian: Пе́рвый отря́д, Perviy otryad) is a joint animation project of Japan's Studio 4°C and Russian authors with Molot Entertainment.

Set during the opening days of World War II on the Eastern Front. Its main cast are a group of Soviet teenagers with extraordinary abilities; the teenagers have been drafted to form a special unit to fight the invading German army. They are opposed by a Schutzstaffel (SS) officer who is attempting to raise from the dead a supernatural army of crusaders from the 12th-century Order of the Sacred Cross and enlist them in the Nazi cause.

Teenage superhero commies versus zombie crusader nazis. Who makes that shit up?
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up