THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 00:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT: August 24-28, 2009  (Read 55195 times)

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
Re: WCT: August 24-28, 2009
« Reply #50 on: 25 Aug 2009, 13:15 »

But he did come back after Faye threw him across the bar. Immediately afterward he headed into her personal space again, and introduced himself and gave Faye his phone number after she said "You're STILL violating my requests".

On the other hand she took his phone number and had a "wry smirk" during their conversation, so there's support for the belief that he was reading the situation correctly.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #51 on: 25 Aug 2009, 21:06 »

Zombie Hanners   :D

"Put down the Coffee and step away from the counter very slowly!"
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #52 on: 25 Aug 2009, 21:14 »

I like Sven as a character because he's fun and funny. He's the charming rogue. If he were a real person, and did to someone I'm close to what he did to Faye, I'd probably threaten to end him and punch him in the junk. I figure that Sven and Faye will eventually end back up together, so I don't think it would be good for Angus to get involved with her. I like Angus though and much prefer him over Sven.

So would you end him and then punch him in the junk, because I think the punching would be more effective on a pre-ended Sven.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

jonarus_drakus

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Marigold and Pintsize's lovechild
« Reply #53 on: 25 Aug 2009, 23:22 »

I Feel for Hanners in the latest one. Not so much the roadworks thing, but the living an a busy road where abulences go past with sirens blaring kinda thing, I mean yeah, so someones hurt/dying and your in a hurry, BUT I AM TRYING TO SLEEP DAMMIT!!!!
EVERYTHING IS RUINED FOREVER!!

akronnick

« Reply #54 on: 25 Aug 2009, 23:31 »

As a day-sleeper, I can relate to Hanner's situation.

Also, yay, action art.

OT. I just found out about Senator Kennedy. He will be missed.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Shok Xone Studios

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Wasn't he also "Vigo the Butch"?
    • ShokXoneStudios.com
« Reply #55 on: 26 Aug 2009, 00:41 »

Anyone see that episode of Law & Order: Criminal Intent with Dylan Baker as a forensics expert who cleans up after a murder he commits by bleaching the victim's body? That's Hanners as a serial killer.
SHOK XONE STUDIOS.com
Art is love. Love is destructive. That's what I told the police when I blew up the museum.

oh look I has arts for sale

westrim

« Reply #56 on: 26 Aug 2009, 01:03 »

As a day-sleeper, I can relate to Hanner's situation.

Also, yay, action art.

OT. I just found out about Senator Kennedy. He will be missed.

I'm sure he and Eunice Shriver are busy rounding up the other deceased Kennedy's to form a band right now.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #57 on: 26 Aug 2009, 01:16 »

I have far too many, ah, daydreams like this to be entirely comfortable seeing this comic.

Also, it troubles me to actually identify with Hannelore. Except, for me, it's not the blood that inhibits, but the prospect of being a cell-mate's 'special friend' for the rest of my life.

Providing, of course, I can't kill each of them, too.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

cerement

• Plantmonster
    • cerement @ friendfeed
« Reply #58 on: 26 Aug 2009, 01:22 »

Man Bites Dog had some classic discussion about disposing of dead bodies (as well as a warning about the shortcomings of water levels).

Also included a *cough* interesting little drinking game, Dead Baby Boy ("Petit Gregory" in French) ...

Merrick

• Larger than most fish
  • Officially Awesome
« Reply #59 on: 26 Aug 2009, 02:08 »

Her kung-fu is too strong.  :-o
I am in desperate need of a life and common sense.

Quintessentially British.

vonschiller

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #60 on: 26 Aug 2009, 03:14 »

Funny comic. But, as someone who voted for Hanners on the favorite character poll question, if the comic becomes "random stuff that happens about Hanners" to the detriment of the rest of the comic, I would be a sad panda.

Rimwolf

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #61 on: 26 Aug 2009, 03:30 »

One word, Hanners (and anyone else with noisy environs, snoring bedmates, whatever): earplugs.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #62 on: 26 Aug 2009, 03:40 »

Oh! I was wondering why Hannelore would be staying up 40 hours after a party like that. Yesterday's comic kind of came out of nowhere, at least now it makes some sense.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #63 on: 26 Aug 2009, 03:55 »

One word, Hanners (and anyone else with noisy environs, snoring bedmates, whatever): earplugs.
But earplugs go in your ears. Those have wax and things. Once she put them in, she'd never be able to take them out again without a string and/or industrial equipment. And forget reusable ones...

Also, Hanners must have spent her feat on Weapon Proficiency (Shaolin Spade) last time she levelled...
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Aurjay

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #64 on: 26 Aug 2009, 04:41 »

Man Bites Dog had some classic discussion about disposing of dead bodies (as well as a warning about the shortcomings of water levels).

Also included a *cough* interesting little drinking game, Dead Baby Boy ("Petit Gregory" in French) ...

Man Bites Dog is still prolly one of my fav movies. Takes dark humor to a whole new level.
Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.

Rimwolf

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #65 on: 26 Aug 2009, 05:04 »

But earplugs go in your ears. Those have wax and things. Once she put them in, she'd never be able to take them out again without a string and/or industrial equipment. And forget reusable ones...

A happy medium is foam earplugs. They work about as well as the wax ones, are nonyucky and easily removable, and cheap enough that you can use a new pair every night if you're, ah, unusually fastidious.

Superkid11

• Obscure cultural reference
  • New teeth!
« Reply #66 on: 26 Aug 2009, 06:33 »

Funny comic. But, as someone who voted for Hanners on the favorite character poll question, if the comic becomes "random stuff that happens about Hanners" to the detriment of the rest of the comic, I would be a sad panda.
Nah, I'm sure he just wanted to have some fun with Hanners for a few strips. I think Jeph's smart enough not to turn Hanners from a lovable comic relief character into a Wesley. :p

H0b0K!n9

• Plantmonster
  • You WILL respect the fedora!
« Reply #67 on: 26 Aug 2009, 06:48 »

They should make a print out of panel 5. Who doesn't want a print of psycho Hanners with a shovel in their room?
First you take my sanity, and now my hat? WHERE DOES IT END?!?!

innermoppet

• Call me El Conquistador
    • Profoundly Shallow
« Reply #68 on: 26 Aug 2009, 06:50 »

I love any reference to MC Hammer.
Sam: So let me get this straight. You want to drive all the way to Cicero just to hook up with some random chick?
Dean: She was a yoga teacher. That was the bendiest weekend of my life!

-Supernatural-

Random832

« Reply #69 on: 26 Aug 2009, 09:09 »

It's a nice subtle point that in her imagined version of these events she of course doesn't get any blood on her skin, and of course she even so she will probably burn/bleach/boil/boil in bleach and then burn that shirt at the earliest opportunity.

Alex_K_NY

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #70 on: 26 Aug 2009, 09:22 »

Every now and then a strip or two about funny stuff that happens with her gives the comic charm and breaks up the more serious plot stuff effectively.  Personally I was really hoping to see what happened with Steve and YES! girl this week, but oh well.
I am the muffin Cthulhu.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #71 on: 26 Aug 2009, 09:31 »

All I thought of when I first saw this comic was, "Who hasn't thought of doing that?" 
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

plethora

• Larger than most fish
  • fluff fluff fluff
« Reply #72 on: 26 Aug 2009, 09:42 »

I Feel for Hanners in the latest one. Not so much the roadworks thing, but the living an a busy road where abulences go past with sirens blaring kinda thing, I mean yeah, so someones hurt/dying and your in a hurry, BUT I AM TRYING TO SLEEP DAMMIT!!!!

Ok, I must be in a minority here but, living on a main road - I got used to it pretty quickly. In fact, after 5 years of living on a main road I started finding the traffic/construction noises comforting. Now, I've been living in a quiet suburb for 9 months and the silence really bugs me. The best sleep I've had since I moved was when they were doing works on the nearby train line through the night.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #73 on: 26 Aug 2009, 09:52 »

As for Faye and Angus, meh - okay.  Tear it up.  I care not.

As for Hannelore getting loopy at 40 hours, I didn't reach that point until I hit 70 hours, and then my friends told me I needed to go to bed.  Eventually I wondered off to sleep, and I think I crashed for approximately a day.

I've not done that for a while, but I still have many problems sleeping.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

Zemyla

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #74 on: 26 Aug 2009, 11:10 »

Do you think the men at work outside are going to perform "Down Under"?

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #75 on: 26 Aug 2009, 11:45 »

Hanners should ask if she could stay at doras for a bit, being that dora is probably rarley there.  Or Marten is already shaking with Dora there to avoid the noise too.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #76 on: 26 Aug 2009, 13:23 »

Or maybe possibly coincidentally Dora is at the coffe shop and Marten at the library.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

cgarci21

• Shagtastic
« Reply #77 on: 26 Aug 2009, 14:32 »

I doubt Hanners could willingly crash at someones place for the night (day?). I think her OCD might get in the way. The only time she has ever stayed with someone it was because she was either drunk (Sven) or too tired to stay awake (Marten) and just fell asleep. She never made the decision, per se, to spend the night. My best advice would headphones, it has the dual purpose of drowning out the noise and perhaps mellowing her out enough for her to fall asleep.

As for Sven vs Angus. I tend to prefer Sven only because I enjoy his character (mannerisms/dialogue/situational hilarity) and Faye's reactions to his character. If he were an actual person I would agree with the junk punching as mentioned earlier. I just don't like Angus. It has very little to do with Sven and more to do with my own encounters with men like Angus. They get on my nerves. Meh.

Edited to correct mistake: Is it cold in here,  you're right I forgot about the move (and the shower, hahaha)...although I agree, it was situational force as opposed to free choice. Although it wasn't involuntary like the other instances.
« Last Edit: 26 Aug 2009, 16:28 by cgarci21 »
You know how animals can sense a tsunami coming before humans notice? I'm like that, only for sexy things. -Dora Bianchi

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #78 on: 26 Aug 2009, 15:23 »

In the story arc where she was auditing her mother's huge collection of documents, she temporarily moved in with Faye and Marten. She had trouble with their shower, and come to think of it that may be better classed as an involuntary move: intentional, but forced by circumstances.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Alex_K_NY

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #79 on: 26 Aug 2009, 15:56 »

It has very little to do with Sven and more to do with my own encounters with men like Angus. They get on my nerves. Meh.

Naw, man.  Angus is the best.  He's witty, loyal, and sometimes amusingly naive, while Sven is cold and cynical.
I am the muffin Cthulhu.

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #80 on: 26 Aug 2009, 17:40 »

which is why Svangus is so perfect.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #81 on: 26 Aug 2009, 20:19 »

In the story arc where she was auditing her mother's huge collection of documents, she temporarily moved in with Faye and Marten. She had trouble with their shower, and come to think of it that may be better classed as an involuntary move: intentional, but forced by circumstances.

and she crashes on marten's couch quite a few times too.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #82 on: 26 Aug 2009, 20:47 »

Well, that adds to the QC Arsenal

The Malaysian Battle Spatula
The Stop Sign of Doom
The Scorn Grenade (Though I have to admit that that is limited in use)
The Spade of Death
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

jonarus_drakus

« Reply #83 on: 26 Aug 2009, 20:57 »

Im making myself an Avatar out of that 'Spade/Shovel of Death' panel.

GO! GO! PSYCHO HANNERS!  :-D

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #84 on: 26 Aug 2009, 21:32 »

...but you know, the city's just gonna send three more stooges out to finish diggin' up that water main, so what's the point? 

Svangus.  HAH!  Good one! Why choose one when you can have neither both
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Mojo

« Reply #85 on: 26 Aug 2009, 23:56 »

How can she sleep on such a small bed?

You know that's a Malaysian shovel...?

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #86 on: 27 Aug 2009, 00:36 »

No scorngasm from Faye? Her mind must have been elsewhere, or she's in a really good mood.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

jonarus_drakus

« Reply #87 on: 27 Aug 2009, 00:41 »

Ahhh, now i get it! (you had to be there)

akronnick

« Reply #88 on: 27 Aug 2009, 00:42 »

I'll take sandwich condiments as personal lubricants for $100, Alex.

Also, and I'm totally not trying to point out a typo, because God knows I always type perfectly, but how did a "\" end up in the word "don\'t" in the news post? How is that even possible, I mean physically?

Also why is Dora wearing Jeph's hat?

dwibby

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #89 on: 27 Aug 2009, 00:49 »

I dare say it was a challenge to find the worst condiment to use as a personal lubricant, as the burning sensation was a qualification for winning.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #90 on: 27 Aug 2009, 01:07 »

Also, and I'm totally not trying to point out a typo, because God knows I always type perfectly, but how did a "\" end up in the word "don\'t" in the news post? How is that even possible, I mean physically?

I would never have thought of that. My mind is not dirty enough for QC, methinks.

Um... the '\' key is right next to the apostrophe on this US-international keyboard. Jeph's is probably the same, but that key also appears between the Backspace and Enter key. Were you looking at the '\' key between Shift and Z?

So how about that Pepperoni olive oil?
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2009, 01:09 by LTK »
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

dwibby

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #91 on: 27 Aug 2009, 01:12 »

So how about that Pepperoni olive oil?

I'll raise you Wasabi sauce.

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #92 on: 27 Aug 2009, 01:17 »

Try glue.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #93 on: 27 Aug 2009, 01:37 »

Well, either, nutty as this sounds, that hat's not unique, or else it's the THINKING HAT and Dora had to wear it to win the game. Maybe she swiped it from Jeph the way Haley did that "big-ass diamond" over in OOTS a few weeks back.

Come to think of it, that looks like the hat Charlie Brown used to wear during the winter months. Maybe comic-Jeph swiped it from him.

I'll add that there's something nauseating about the joy that is creeping onto Faye's face in panel 3. Well and subtly drawn, but nauseating. Three figurative cheers for the Beowulf mention, though. Go Geats, go!
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

evilbobthebob

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • They're talking about me of course
« Reply #94 on: 27 Aug 2009, 01:40 »

Random coincidence with today's comic: just like Wil, I have a job interview today  :-D Also, the first thing that came to my mind when Faye said "Oh GOD that would burn!" was lubricant...  :evil:
http://www.last.fm/user/evilbobthebob <- Look I have no taste!

dwibby

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #95 on: 27 Aug 2009, 02:18 »

Try glue.

While a truly horrible personal lubricant, I doubt you would find many people who would willingly admit to using glue as a condiment, or any companies willing to market it as such.

jonarus_drakus

« Reply #96 on: 27 Aug 2009, 02:56 »

And now, thanks to rule 34 and this thread there is a new fetish about glueing genitalia together...

Random832

« Reply #97 on: 27 Aug 2009, 03:48 »

There are lots of programming languages in which the apostrophe is a special character, and sometimes code can get a bit aggressive about it. \' or even \\\' is surprisingly common.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #98 on: 27 Aug 2009, 04:30 »

I think the modern equivalent of a court poet would have to be a political speechwriter. If Charles Dickens were alive today, he'd be writing for TV soaps.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #99 on: 27 Aug 2009, 04:34 »

And we need to thank Eric the Red's personal skald for the world's best and most enduring marketing scam ever.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up