THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 21:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey can anyone help me find the comic where marten & steve talk about having sex  (Read 10276 times)

windinthewires

• Not quite a lurker
    • Last.fm

Hey... can you help me find it? It was something about the winter night and it being great for gay sex.

:mrgreen:

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

windinthewires

• Not quite a lurker
    • Last.fm

Aw thank you!  :-)

mustang6172

• Duck attack survivor
  • Citizen First Class

I bet Marten is the bottom in that relationship, or any relationship.

Random832

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia

...and yet when people on the board do this... :roll:

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Binary

• Curry sauce

huh?
I posit that Random832 is complaining about shippers being accused of creepiness for creating same-sex fantasies between random QC characters even though Jeph and guest artists do the same thing in the strip.

His smiley suggests he's being tongue-in-cheek, but people who really argue this are missing the distinction that Jeph is doing it to provide us with amusing and entertaining situation comedy, whereas the shippers are doing it for wank fodder.
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2009, 15:39 by Binary »
"We are the weirdos, Mister!" -Fairuza Balk, The Craft

Random832

whereas the shippers are doing it for wank fodder.
Maybe that's your reason  :-P

But anyway, in somewhat more seriousness...

This is a comic where romantic relationships exist, and where - yes - people sometimes have sex, sometimes all but on-panel (Sven and Gina Riversmith, for example). Yet there is somehow something wrong with what is basically nothing more than talking about potential future plot developments (of various degrees of unlikeliness) - without even making it about sex at all beyond the inevitable fact that the comic isn't shy about acknowledging that people who are in relationships sometimes (but not always) do eventually have sex. And who said anything about it having anything to do with being a same-sex relationship? Though, if that is the reason that Faye/Angus "shippers" are spared the bulk of this scorn (they do get some hate, but it's more about the supposed "fact" that Angus is a stalker than it is that it's "creepy" to think about two characters being together), then... well, that says more about the people calling it creepy, now, doesn't it?

tuxedobob

• Plantmonster

You may have had trouble finding it because this was an "alternate version" of a comic.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor

While there is a thread like this, can anyone look up the comic about "the worst thing to yell during sex" for me? Also, it would be helpful to know how you archive gurus find old comics easily.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

evilbobthebob

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • They're talking about me of course

www.ohnorobot.com for all your webcomic search needs  :-D
http://www.last.fm/user/evilbobthebob <- Look I have no taste!

Binary

• Curry sauce

Maybe that's your reason  :-P
Naah, me != shipper: I'm content with the hijinks Jeph gets his characters into.

Quote from: Random832
Yet there is somehow something wrong with what is basically nothing more than talking about potential future plot developments

This. Fora are invaluable for analysis (I often learn of nuances I hadn't spotted myself; and occasionally I do need the whole damn joke explained to me). But second-guessing plot developments does Jeph no favours. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon_5%27s_use_of_the_Internet#Fora for the sort of problems this can cause an author.

And who said anything about it having anything to do with being a same-sex relationship?

That's just me conflating the hostility shown to the Hantai/Hannegold brigade with the Marten/Steve shagging implied in this strip. No axes to grind on my part - hell, Dora and I have at least one thing in common. :wink:

Binary

• Curry sauce

While there is a thread like this, can anyone look up the comic about "the worst thing to yell during sex" for me?

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=810

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor

www.ohnorobot.com for all your webcomic search needs  :-D

That's perfect! I'll stick a bookmark on it. Thanks bob and Binary, too!
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Random832

Yet there is somehow something wrong with what is basically nothing more than talking about potential future plot developments

This. Fora are invaluable for analysis (I often learn of nuances I hadn't spotted myself; and occasionally I do need the whole damn joke explained to me). But second-guessing plot developments does Jeph no favours. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon_5%27s_use_of_the_Internet#Fora for the sort of problems this can cause an author.

Well, there's that. The Order of the Stick forum has a strict spoiler-tag policy on serious speculation so the author doesn't have to read it. But it doesn't deserve the word "creepy" by a LONG shot, not for that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up