THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 23:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Baby, it's cold outside  (Read 2057 times)

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
Baby, it's cold outside
« on: 28 Aug 2009, 10:09 »

So, Whiteout is coming out soon.  At least that's what the TV tells me with all the commercials.

I loved the two graphic novels, but I'm not quite sure how I feel about the movie.  They seem to be playing up some sort of supernatural element with the cold.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
Re: Baby, it's cold outside
« Reply #1 on: 28 Aug 2009, 17:39 »

I don't know about the graphic novels, but by watching a lot of Discovery and NatGeo on Antarctica I can get the impression that this movie's shit is for real. Well, except for the supernatural thing, I guess.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Lise

• Furry furrier
    • Face Me
Re: Baby, it's cold outside
« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2009, 00:24 »

Yay, a Whiteout thread! (Though I won't have much to contribute to this until I actually see the movie when it comes out in September). The trailer was alright, but one major difference in the movie is that they replaced the Lily Sharpe character with a male (Gabriel Macht) in order to make Whiteout seem more appealing to moviegoers.

That's kind of a sign to me that the movie won't be faithful to the comic... but we'll see! I'm also kind of offended because I wouldn't ever have a problem watching an action movie with two strong female leads. Ugh, sexism maybe?

« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2009, 00:26 by Lise »
Pages: [1]   Go Up