THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 23:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just curious..  (Read 3048 times)

Quixoticelixer

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
Just curious..
« on: 23 Aug 2009, 12:03 »

..does Jeph have a definite plot in mind? This isn't meant to be bitchy, I'm just wondering if there is a QC "ending" planned or some sort of ultimate plotline, or if he just kinda thinks it up as he goes. It just doesn't seem like there has been any particular build up to anything huge since the Faye's dad story arc and what directly followed. Again, not meant to be a criticism. Just wondering. SOme comics like A<3M have the whole script /plot written out before the comic ever started, and a definite progression. I mean I'm sure in general he knows where he wants it to go, but it'd be interesting to know if say he thought up Marigold from day 1. Did Jeph ever say anything about this?

Also, hello.. not sure if I've posted before but I've been creeping the forums for awhile and have been a daily reader since comic 300 or so! :)

bbq

• Obscure cultural reference
Re: Just curious..
« Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2009, 12:28 »

It's very probable he's making it up as he goes along, but probably a hundred or so comics in advance.

NotAFanOfFenders

• The German Chancellory building
  • even furrier
« Reply #2 on: 23 Aug 2009, 14:27 »

There is an Ask Jeph thread...

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #3 on: 23 Aug 2009, 15:59 »

On which, if memory serves, Jeph said that he started out with an overall storyline in mind but that the strip has taken on a life of its own.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Quixoticelixer

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #4 on: 23 Aug 2009, 18:35 »

Yeah, I figured it would be easier/quicker (before I forget about the forum for another six months) to just ask you guys instead of going through lots of pages of the "ask Jeph" thread, and annoying Jeph with a question he's probably been asked before.

Thanks for the responses!

ayoomichellexo

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #5 on: 31 Aug 2009, 20:02 »

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it was mainly meant to be about music (which is still definitely involved quite a bit) but he said the characters kind of developed themselves and it took off. It's somewhere in the ask jeph thread... which is huge.
Pages: [1]   Go Up