Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plot?  (Read 3758 times)

schmeeble

• Plantmonster
Plot?
« on: 11 Sep 2009, 09:52 »

I used to love how QC had an actual plot -- things were actually happening and it was very entertaining to read and see how the characters were going to continue to develop. Lately the comics have just seemed like simple fillers involving the really minor characters. I really want to hear more about Dora, Faye, and Marten. Marigold really just needs to get involved with the other characters or just stay locked in her room, and Penelope is just obnoxious.
herro!

WoweeZowee

• Not quite a lurker
Re: Plot?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2009, 09:54 »

Totally agree!  What's with the recent downturn?  It used to be almost like reading a graphic novel!  Now it's just another stupid punchline comic, and focuses on the characters you're not attached to.
beep boop bleep?

evilbobthebob

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • They're talking about me of course
« Reply #2 on: 11 Sep 2009, 09:57 »

OK, this is either a very unlikely coincidence or you two are the same person. If you're not, I apologise, but is there really a need to start two threads about plot and comment on each other's?
http://www.last.fm/user/evilbobthebob <- Look I have no taste!

WoweeZowee

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #3 on: 11 Sep 2009, 10:02 »

Seriously, anyone else think QC is losing it's original appeal?  I mean, it's not even about what it used to be about.  The best characters are rarely mentioned anymore and the main plot has made little to no advancements in the past few months.   Even the art has changed to some generic almost anime design, when it used to be so great and original in the early 500 to early 1000's of the comic.  Not interested in reading a comic where somebody plays World of Warcraft and then farts....
beep boop bleep?

evilbobthebob

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #4 on: 11 Sep 2009, 10:10 »

OK that's better.

schmeeble

• Plantmonster
« Reply #5 on: 11 Sep 2009, 11:00 »

(we're roommates and we were discussing QC and we didn't realize we were both writing on here -- sorry for the confusion!)
herro!

evilbobthebob

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #6 on: 11 Sep 2009, 11:08 »

I thought it would have to be something like that  :-)

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #7 on: 11 Sep 2009, 13:00 »

...samefag?

schmeeble

• Plantmonster
« Reply #8 on: 11 Sep 2009, 13:44 »

?
herro!

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #9 on: 11 Sep 2009, 13:44 »

!
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

Captfamous

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #10 on: 11 Sep 2009, 13:51 »

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "main plot", but I'll respond to a couple of possibilities.

If you mean that Marten, who was originally the main character, has morphed into a bit of a Jerry-Seinfeld, nothing-happens-to-me-I'm-just-here-to-quip character, I think I agree with you. It's been a long time since anything remotely interesting has happened to him. On the other hand, given his personality, I'm not sure how much more potential he has. Which leads directly to...

If you mean the Marten-Faye relationship/Marten-Faye-Dora love triangle, then I also agree that it's faded, but I disagree in the sense that I'm glad. That had definately run out of steam, and though it could possibly be interesting again under the right circumstances, said circumstances haven't developed.

This has always been a slice-of-life type story. It's more about the characters than about one sort of "main plot". and if you miss the old love triangle, well, there's a new one for you (Faye-Angus-Sven). Personally, I like the Hannelore-Marigold odd couple friendship stories.

And of course, it's all about taste. Some people may like it better for exactly the reasons you think it's worse.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #11 on: 11 Sep 2009, 14:17 »

If you don't like it, stop reading. Also of you think my art was better 500 comics ago you are blind.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.
Pages: [1]   Go Up