THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 00:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT: September 14-18, 2009  (Read 74184 times)

calliope07

• Not quite a lurker
Re: WCT: September 14-18, 2009
« Reply #50 on: 15 Sep 2009, 01:01 »

What exactly does Hannelore have in her mouth?

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #51 on: 15 Sep 2009, 01:15 »

Pocky.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

pendrake

• Curry sauce
« Reply #52 on: 15 Sep 2009, 01:18 »

Hannelore is munching upon Pocky, a long-time popular children's and teenagers' snack of japanese origin.   At its simplest, Pocky are hard-baked sweet bread sticks dipped in chocolate or strawberry frosting (for the basic flavours).
« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2009, 01:24 by pendrake »

Tunahead

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #53 on: 15 Sep 2009, 01:30 »

words about angus and sven

different words about angus and sven

I can't believe anyone would ever defend the actions of either Angus or Sven, especially after all their various crimes against humanity have been documented in stunning detail during the Sven/Angus faction wars.

Angus is a goddamn creepy masochist weirdo who probably has an incomplete woman suit and a Faye shrine in his basement and bears more than a passing resemblance to Ducky from Pretty In Pink, behaviour-wise. His continuing efforts to woo Faye are pretty much entirely fueled by Faye abusing him at every given moment, which he interprets as romance. He responds in kind by repeatedly displaying his astoundingly feeble grasp on the intricacies of the human mind with stuff like the snowball incident, which made me briefly suspect that he was some kind of lizardman from Neptune infiltrating the ranks of the Earthlings. Like Ducky, he will no doubt one day have a complete mental breakdown when the object of his desires moves on with her life and starts dating again (hopefully not with Sven again, unless she has some kind of crippling neurological problem) and will no doubt last be seen shouting "SEE?! I'M DATING SOMEONE ELSE" from the rooftops with his arms around a realdoll, even though any romantic under/overtones in his "relationship" with Faye were purely imaginary.

Sven, on the other hand, starred prominently in one particular Questinable Content strip where he lamented the fact that he was having sex with Gina Riversmith and how he couldn't possibly stop himself or else his debilitating sexlexia would surely kill him dead. Also later he was depressed for months(?) because he didn't get away with it. His latest endeavors feature him trying to pretend he's humble in another effort to boost his own already massive ego, the gravitational mass of which may at any moment collapse into a black hole.

In the future of Questionable Content I can easily see either/both of them stabbing someone. Possibly each other, with any luck.

Just let it go, guys. This is like a console war between the Virtual Boy and the N-Gage.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #54 on: 15 Sep 2009, 01:32 »

...Hanners almost looks like she's making the zombie face in the last panel.

But is she making the near Zombie face because of the prospect of "lez[zing] out" with Marigold, or is it the prospect of NOT "lez[zing] out" that is upsetting her?

I know, I'm going to hell for that observation
words about angus and sven

different words about angus and sven

I can't believe anyone would ever defend the actions of either Angus or Sven, especially after all their various crimes against humanity have been documented in stunning detail during the Sven/Angus faction wars.

Angus is a goddamn creepy masochist weirdo who probably has an incomplete woman suit and a Faye shrine in his basement and bears more than a passing resemblance to Ducky from Pretty In Pink, behaviour-wise. His continuing efforts to woo Faye are pretty much entirely fueled by Faye abusing him at every given moment, which he interprets as romance. He responds in kind by repeatedly displaying his astoundingly feeble grasp on the intricacies of the human mind with stuff like the snowball incident, which made me briefly suspect that he was some kind of lizardman from Neptune infiltrating the ranks of the Earthlings. Like Ducky, he will no doubt one day have a complete mental breakdown when the object of his desires moves on with her life and starts dating again (hopefully not with Sven again, unless she has some kind of crippling neurological problem) and will no doubt last be seen shouting "SEE?! I'M DATING SOMEONE ELSE" from the rooftops with his arms around a realdoll, even though any romantic under/overtones in his "relationship" with Faye were purely imaginary.

Sven, on the other hand, starred prominently in one particular Questinable Content strip where he lamented the fact that he was having sex with Gina Riversmith and how he couldn't possibly stop himself or else his debilitating sexlexia would surely kill him dead. Also later he was depressed for months(?) because he didn't get away with it. His latest endeavors feature him trying to pretend he's humble in another effort to boost his own already massive ego, the gravitational mass of which may at any moment collapse into a black hole.

In the future of Questionable Content I can easily see either/both of them stabbing someone. Possibly each other, with any luck.

Just let it go, guys. This is like a console war between the Virtual Boy and the N-Gage.

Man that is an awful lot of typing to make the point that we should be less invested in our totally meaningless internet argument.

Also. I've never seen Pretty In Pink
« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2009, 01:39 by akronnick »
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

westrim

« Reply #55 on: 15 Sep 2009, 02:07 »

Man, Virtual Boy would totally win. The N-Gage was yet another phone that played games, but the Virtual Boy was unique. Though, both of their creators were in bad car accidents, one of which killed a great mind and the other killed a great car.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #56 on: 15 Sep 2009, 02:09 »

I've something to say about Tunahead's (? Christ, all the embedding) post, but, as it may derail the WTC train (god forbid) I put it in another thread. Those interested can tune in, while those not interested in films released, judging by the age poll thread, before they could distinguish colors can avoid it.

http://forums.questionablecontent.net/index.php/topic,23874.0.html
« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2009, 02:14 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Zipperstuck

• Plantmonster
« Reply #57 on: 15 Sep 2009, 02:25 »

I would say that I hope this comic finally puts to rest all the Marigold/Hannelore romance speculation, but that would probably be wishful thinking.

Oh Jeph. Don't you know that you have only fanned the embers, that such a straight denial means to many that it must be true? The hopes of millions thousands hundreds tens? shall live on, emboldened by your efforts to stomp them out.

Disclaimer: None of the above views, including whether or not fire exists, are intentional. Any similarity to actual views is purely coincidental and in no way reflect on the writer.
Agreed

mastertoast

• Not quite a lurker
  • oh god why am I bleeding
« Reply #58 on: 15 Sep 2009, 04:40 »

lol at Hannelore eating pocky.
Set phasers to "roughen up"

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #59 on: 15 Sep 2009, 04:49 »

Good to see that Marigold's guildmates are as socially aware as some of the people on this forum (subtle hint - people of the same [or even the opposite] gender can hang out without banging each other or wanting to).
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

notselfcreated

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #60 on: 15 Sep 2009, 07:11 »

As far as laying to rest rumors of a Hanners+Marigold romance, I think the fart did that most effectively.

SleeperCylon

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #61 on: 15 Sep 2009, 08:42 »

There was actually Hannelore/Marigold romance speculation?

Forgetting for a second that Hannelore's repressed urges have thus far all been heterosexual, it would take a bunch of behavioral therapy before she could even think about romance with anyone, much less a person for whom hygiene is not a high priority.

It's hilarious how stupid and puerile men can be about sexuality though, especially anonymously on the internet.

elionbel

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #62 on: 15 Sep 2009, 08:49 »

I would say that I hope this comic finally puts to rest all the Marigold/Hannelore romance speculation, but that would probably be wishful thinking.
Oh Jeph, you know it totally doesn't. In fact, it probably brings to light the whole subliminal thoughts everyone had but didn't know. Until today. This probably has opened up a whole new floodgate of "OMG HANNERSxMARIGOLD = MY OTP!!!" ideas.

That's ok though. Cause now everyone here can vicariously live through Marigold's raid members and just speculate and imagine and daydream about it.

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #63 on: 15 Sep 2009, 09:54 »

Good thing Marigold's using headphones, because with the way she's blushing, if Hannelore had heard it, her head would have likely asploded. 

Kakareen

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #64 on: 15 Sep 2009, 12:38 »

I joined up because of a need to comment on all the Hannelore/Marigold discussion, but have been shy, and have been holding back.

Something about the nature of the discussion has been bothering me. If either Marigold or Hannelore were male, would shippers of the pairing be automatically  labeled as perverts and puerile males?

And on another note, there can be romance without sex. It usually doesn't work that way, but there is such a thing as a romantic friendship.

I just think that they are very sweet together. They seem to sort of mesh, weirdly enough. And I do tend to look at the world through rainbow-tinted lenses.

Really, why is it that some of you are reacting as if there is something so WRONG about the pairing? Sure, a few may be hankering after it because 'lesbians are hott, OMG', which is, admittedly, a bit annoying. Does that taint the very idea of it?

Nightson

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #65 on: 15 Sep 2009, 12:46 »

Because shippers tend to obsess over their ship.  And when Hannelore is involved the obsessed people just get creepier.

sarcasticsmoothie

• Not quite a lurker

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #67 on: 15 Sep 2009, 13:30 »

It's hilarious how stupid and puerile men can be about sexuality though, especially anonymously on the internet.

It's not only men, but men say rather "I WANT THEM SEXIN" while women rather go "OMG CUTE COUPLE KAWAIII". Also, women prefer Yaoi to Yuri. Sad thing is there are much more relation-shippers than friend-shippers.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

nichidani

• nrrd grrl.
    • myspace.
« Reply #68 on: 15 Sep 2009, 13:43 »

I think the MarigoldxHannelore shippers are creepy, because there is no hint of romance there to begin with. They're just two socially awkward nerds, being socially awkward and hanging out. The romance is totally invented out of nowhere.
kittens!

Random832

« Reply #69 on: 15 Sep 2009, 13:44 »

Because shippers tend to obsess over their ship.  And when Hannelore is involved the obsessed people just get creepier.

Modified for accuracy:

Because shippers tend to be perceived as obsess over their ship.  And when Hannelore is involved the perception of the obsessed people just get creepier.

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #70 on: 15 Sep 2009, 13:45 »

I think the MarigoldxHannelore shippers are creepy, because there is no hint of romance there to begin with. They're just two socially awkward nerds, being socially awkward and hanging out. The romance is totally invented out of nowhere.

Well, that's what shipping is about.  :roll:
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

Random832

« Reply #71 on: 15 Sep 2009, 13:45 »

That doesn't make it creepy, it just makes it stupid off-base speculation. But it's still just speculation. About something that the comic's story is about: relationships.

And when more people have completely off-base ideas about where the comic goes... well, that's just more money for everyone else in the pool.

...I MEAN

<_<

>_>

:angel:
« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2009, 13:47 by Random832 »

fifthfiend

• Larger than most fish
  • Huffalump
« Reply #72 on: 15 Sep 2009, 14:04 »

The powerful reaction of Hannelore and Marigold to the suggestion of a lesbian relationship action obviously demonstrates how totally turned on they both are by the prospect.

They're just two socially awkward nerds, being socially awkward and hanging out.

Everyone knows that palpable awkwardness is the mating call of the North American nerdling.

Zipperstuck

• Plantmonster
« Reply #73 on: 15 Sep 2009, 14:08 »

Whether or not Jeph wants Marigold+Hannelore to go away, fact remains that Hanners kinda seems to like being around Marigold

IanClark

• Furry furrier
« Reply #74 on: 15 Sep 2009, 14:49 »

There are several things about the Marigold/Hanners shipping trend that weird me out, and a few things that piss me off. I'll start with what pisses me off: the fact that both Hanners and Marigold were for no apparent reason assumed to be gay. The reasons they were assumed to be gay were borne of sexist and homophobic reasoning and stereotyping respectively (that is to say, Hanners of sexist reasoning and Marigold of homophobic stereotyping). People look at Hannelore, and because she's not constantly hitting on/flirting with/having wild rampant sex with any male members of the cast, and because she has reacted negatively to physical interactions with (coincidentally) only male characters, it's assumed that she must like girls instead. While all conventional reasoning, combined with her brief history of displaying that she is in fact very sexually attracted to men, points to her severe OCD as the culprit, we instead opt to believe that she must be a lesbian because somehow, in our subconscious minds, we are incapable of seeing women outside of a sexual context or in any context which may, itself, put them beyond the bounds of sexuality. With Marigold, on the other hand, it's the opposite. Marigold, right from her introduction, was shown as being unhygenic, slovenly and abrasive. In other words: not ladylike. And, as the stereotype goes, effeminate men are gay, and uncouth women are lesbians. And what pisses me off was that apparently in the minds of many (not just the shippers), her demeanor was more of an indication of her sexuality than the fact that she thoroughly enjoys man-on-man.

The other aspect of it is how it was almost just assumed from the second that they started hanging out that they had to be romantically involved. I may be being overly analytical here, but I believe that this in itself also stems from some inborn conception we have of women as purely sexual beings. While no one seems to challenge the assessment that Marten and Steve or Wil and Sven are purely friends, the first (second, but I'll get to that) female-to-female friendship instantly earns thoughts that they must be attracted to each other (the real first being Dora and Faye, with it being repeatedly established that Dora actually is attracted to Faye, just not beyond physically).

So in short (for once from me...), the reason I take issue with HannelorexMarigold is because I feel it's not just an issue of thinking they'd be cute/hot together, it's from the unsubstantiated idea we have that it could actually happen, and the reasoning we use to get there. Notice that I say we because I don't mean exclusively the shippers (nor do I mean everybody, or even necessarily most people).

westrim

« Reply #75 on: 15 Sep 2009, 15:07 »

There are several things about the Marigold/Hanners shipping trend that weird me out, and a few things that piss me off. I'll start with what pisses me off: the fact that both Hanners and Marigold were for no apparent reason assumed to be gay. The reasons they were assumed to be gay were borne of sexist and homophobic reasoning and stereotyping respectively (that is to say, Hanners of sexist reasoning and Marigold of homophobic stereotyping). People look at Hannelore, and because she's not constantly hitting on/flirting with/having wild rampant sex with any male members of the cast, and because she has reacted negatively to physical interactions with (coincidentally) only male characters, it's assumed that she must like girls instead. While all conventional reasoning, combined with her brief history of displaying that she is in fact very sexually attracted to men, points to her severe OCD as the culprit, we instead opt to believe that she must be a lesbian because somehow, in our subconscious minds, we are incapable of seeing women outside of a sexual context or in any context which may, itself, put them beyond the bounds of sexuality. With Marigold, on the other hand, it's the opposite. Marigold, right from her introduction, was shown as being unhygenic, slovenly and abrasive. In other words: not ladylike. And, as the stereotype goes, effeminate men are gay, and uncouth women are lesbians. And what pisses me off was that apparently in the minds of many (not just the shippers), her demeanor was more of an indication of her sexuality than the fact that she thoroughly enjoys man-on-man.

The other aspect of it is how it was almost just assumed from the second that they started hanging out that they had to be romantically involved. I may be being overly analytical here, but I believe that this in itself also stems from some inborn conception we have of women as purely sexual beings. While no one seems to challenge the assessment that Marten and Steve or Wil and Sven are purely friends, the first (second, but I'll get to that) female-to-female friendship instantly earns thoughts that they must be attracted to each other (the real first being Dora and Faye, with it being repeatedly established that Dora actually is attracted to Faye, just not beyond physically).

So in short (for once from me...), the reason I take issue with HannelorexMarigold is because I feel it's not just an issue of thinking they'd be cute/hot together, it's from the unsubstantiated idea we have that it could actually happen, and the reasoning we use to get there. Notice that I say we because I don't mean exclusively the shippers (nor do I mean everybody, or even necessarily most people).

Dude, chill. You're taking way too much time and reading way too much into something which is just wishful thinking, so much so you're going completely off the deep end (pretending Hanners and Marigold are lesbians and squeeing about it is homophobic?! WAT.)

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #76 on: 15 Sep 2009, 15:11 »

Whenever I see the two of them hanging around I can't help but think of that old show The Odd Couple. (You know, the one where the guy has to go live with his friend for a while because his wife kicked him out, except one's a slob and the other's a neat freak?)

Jeff7

• Furry furrier
« Reply #77 on: 15 Sep 2009, 15:28 »

lol, there aren't going to "Lez out", but are they going to "Lez in"?
There are indeed numerous directions to choose from. "Lez up" could be another possibility. "Lez forward," if you want to try to think in 4-dimensional terms as well. I assume tachyons would be involved in some way.

But no lezzing in any dimension though? Drat, I'd always held out hope that this comic would get good some day. Oh well.  :lol: :wink:

IanClark

• Furry furrier
« Reply #78 on: 15 Sep 2009, 15:43 »

I probably should have clarified my point of view to avoid the whole sounding crazy thing: My problem isn't with the idea that they'd make a cute lesbian couple (which is true... I mean come on...), it's in how the idea got formed. My problem is that the first whisper of anything between Hanners and Marigold came from the assumption a lot of people made that Marigold was a lesbian (and I do remember it, it did happen). If you look at the other situations in which people wanted characters to get together (Marten/Faye, Marten/Dora, Faye/Sven, Faye/Angus etc.), they were all heavily hinted at before they happened. My point is that this one isn't, but that the way in which the idea permeated our consciousness was itself homophobic and sexist.

SigPig

• Plantmonster
  • What?!?
« Reply #79 on: 15 Sep 2009, 16:13 »

Although the look on Marigolds face when it was brought up in Voice Chat was priceless.  :laugh:

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #80 on: 15 Sep 2009, 16:39 »

... and because she has reacted negatively to physical interactions with (coincidentally) only male characters, ...

Minor correction;  Faye hugged Hanners until she passed out from the anxiety of contact. 

Maybe that's not a negative reaction? 

Could it have been Faye's squishy pillows? 

The world may never know...

and I may never care.  It's one of those "possible alternative developments" that this script is full of.  there are soooo many roads Jeph has not taken, and most are more interesting than the Hanners/Marigold thing.  I'm content to let him surprise me, daily, with what he does decide to do. 

And I'll be laughing my ass off, like today, in the process. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Kakareen

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #81 on: 15 Sep 2009, 18:01 »

I started shipping when they started reading and watching yaoi together, since I know of three lesbian couples that started out that way. And in one of those cases, both girls considered themselves to be, and still identified as, heterosexual. Still being assumptuous, I know, but I'm going on a established pattern, at least.

But, like parrallel lines, they shall never touch. Well, maybe hold hands. If they are wearing gloves. Otherwise, not happening.

One thing though, that I think Jeph ought to explore, is that devoted yaoi fans have a bad habit of shipping men that they know in real life. Trust me on this, I'm one of them, I move in their circles.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #82 on: 15 Sep 2009, 18:27 »

One thing though, that I think Jeph ought to explore, is that devoted yaoi fans have a bad habit of shipping men that they know in real life. Trust me on this, I'm one of them, I move in their circles.

I guess you only fantasize about your fantasies. 

God, that sounds stupid now that I typed it. 

Obviousman strikes again! 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

tinkerbell

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #83 on: 15 Sep 2009, 19:20 »

While no one seems to challenge the assessment that Marten and Steve or Wil and Sven are purely friends, the first (second, but I'll get to that) female-to-female friendship instantly earns thoughts that they must be attracted to each other (the real first being Dora and Faye, with it being repeatedly established that Dora actually is attracted to Faye, just not beyond physically).

Well Jeph made it glaringly obvious for all those male characters that they are interested in women and gave them particular ones to obsess over. Possibly because Hanners and Marigold are not as interested in romantic affairs people are desperately trying to find where they fit.

Everyone seems to want all the characters nicely paired off. Except for Angus, who can be eaten by an allosaurus.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #84 on: 15 Sep 2009, 19:57 »

THANK YOU.

jesus, people
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #85 on: 15 Sep 2009, 20:45 »

Jeph, this is your comic and wherever you take your characters/creations is, in the end, up to you and we will follow because we love the comic and the characters you have created.   :)   

Speculation/'shipping/creepiness like this is, either fortunately or unfortunately, is not going to go away until the storyline gets to a point where such is just plainly ridiculous and those that continue it only end up looking like complete morons. (and yes, I do include my own little stint a while back).

The best that can be said of it is that, in the end, it will go away - unfortunately moving on to something else, if/when it comes up.

Now, as a fan of Shoujo-Ai/Yuri while not being as creepy as some can be (yes, I know, I know :D ) I can enjoy the fun part of such speculation now without going overboard (again).

As for the others - well, let my three day ban for last time be a lesson to you all.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

westrim

« Reply #86 on: 15 Sep 2009, 20:50 »

THANK YOU.

jesus, people

Well yes, but that's usually the case with shippers, so I don't see why people are getting bent out of shape over this case.

All that shippers need is attractiveness of the two characters and/or tension between them so they can totally misconstrue it as sexual tension and/or  similar/opposite personalities to make it interesting. That's all. They don't need anything to actually be there when they can imagine it for themselves.

In this case, the two characters have at least the last two in the bag: tension (neat vs clean, etc.) and opposites (well, same as tension) and the first maybe (I like Hannelore, but Marigold is too much of a stereotype for me, albeit a gender flipped one).

Sorry Jeph, but you can't work your way out of this, any more than J.K. Rowling could with the Remus/Sirius/Severus idiocy. Just stop worrying about it, please. That goes for all of you.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #87 on: 15 Sep 2009, 22:28 »

I just want to say that I only just now saw the title of Tuesday's comic. I LOL'd.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #88 on: 15 Sep 2009, 22:32 »

This is exactly like Bleach shippers I swear.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

ViolentYoda

« Reply #89 on: 15 Sep 2009, 22:43 »

I started shipping when they started reading and watching yaoi together, since I know of three lesbian couples that started out that way. And in one of those cases, both girls considered themselves to be, and still identified as, heterosexual. Still being assumptuous, I know, but I'm going on a established pattern, at least.

But, like parrallel lines, they shall never touch. Well, maybe hold hands. If they are wearing gloves. Otherwise, not happening.

I'm with you on all points... Its pretty clear that Jeph didn't intend their friendship to be taken that way, but having had enough straight friends who happened to develop romantic feelings for a close female friends...its all to easy (and too fun) to take it that way. On the lesbian/straight argument, lets not forget, some girls like girls and boys. Personally, I could accept H. or M. as bisexual, or straight but totally attracted to that one random girl. I would be confused if either of them were revealed to be lesbians.

Please yes, yaoi speculation from the characters! Hilarity!

And for the record, not everyone on the H/M ship is  a pervy male. I'm a chick, and I've said from day one that they'd be totally adorable together. Honestly, they're my favorite questionable contenct ship since...well, possibly ever. Just sayin'. :P

ysth

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • capital eszet
« Reply #90 on: 15 Sep 2009, 23:14 »

THANK YOU.

jesus, people
Being socially awkward nerds, they will now decide the path to boyfriends is a little practice at conversation with guys.  They take turns playing the male victim and things get out of control from there...

Just yanking Jeph's chain kidding.

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #91 on: 15 Sep 2009, 23:33 »

How is it possible that Marigold hasn't had a single boyfirned? She's young, moderately attractive, nerdy (more guys like that than will admit it) and her hygiene problems are overlookable. In my experience, as long as a girl isn't in KILL IT WITH FIRE territory, she can find a guy, it's just a matter of lowering one's expectations.

But then, seeing the way she allocates her time, it's probably a lack of the negligible effort it would take.

IanClark

• Furry furrier
« Reply #92 on: 15 Sep 2009, 23:35 »

Has it ever really been stated she hasn't? Other than one thing Faye said.

MegaLexi

• Plantmonster
  • So happy I'm bloody vibrating.
« Reply #93 on: 15 Sep 2009, 23:36 »

Y'know, in my head I'm hearing Marigold's voice as Koyomi's American dub voice, from Azumanga Daioh. It just fits somehow.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #94 on: 15 Sep 2009, 23:38 »

And Marigold socializes online with girl-starved guys. There must have been many attempts to pick her up.

Doesn't it look like Jeph has Hannelore and Marigold on a trajectory to become close buddies?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #95 on: 15 Sep 2009, 23:39 »

Has it ever really been stated she hasn't? Other than one thing Faye said.
see today's comic

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #96 on: 15 Sep 2009, 23:54 »

I rather like this storyline.  It's handling their platonic relationship in a realistic, mature fashion; giving some of the fans what they want without actually pandering to them.

Granted, it started with a fart joke...

skaps

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #97 on: 16 Sep 2009, 00:12 »

It's actually pretty upsetting that some people may still decide to ship these two after this.

Just because they don't fit into the hetero-normative coming-of-age formula doesn't mean they're secretly in love! Relationships aren't always the answer to everyone's problems. In fact, they often exacerbate things!

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #98 on: 16 Sep 2009, 00:25 »

I am gonna ship the hell out of Dora and Marten...wait
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #99 on: 16 Sep 2009, 00:47 »

In reality, Merigold would be the hottest chick a nerd could ever imagine.

And they're seriously girl-starved, too.
Carpe Diem
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up