THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 14:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 50   Go Down

Author Topic: University/College  (Read 435709 times)

Barmymoo

• Mentat
Re: University/College
« Reply #900 on: 06 Mar 2012, 00:51 »

This is a change, of course, since the introduction of student loans.  In my time, there were grants to cover everything, but they were means-tested and made up with the officially assessed "parental contribution"; and in my case my parents paid the whole amount of the grant (not a penny more, I should say!).

They're actually still supposed to make a contribution, quite often - when you apply for your loans there is a bit that says "parental contribution". I have no idea whether I had one of those or not, because I never even considered asking my parents for a regular payment. We agreed that if I ever became desperate, they would help me out, but it has never arisen thank goodness. I think it helps that I don't drink and that I work a secret illicit job (illicit in the sense that we're not supposed to work, I'm not an exotic dancer or anything).
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

dr. nervioso

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • No more Mr. Nice Bitch
« Reply #901 on: 06 Mar 2012, 03:22 »

See, I had a choice between two states, Florida and Indiana. I have lived in both for a considerable amount of time. But the issue is with Florida, while it has better weather and attractions than Indiana, also had my brothers in it (One in Miami and another at the main florida college I was considering). Also, since I am in Indiana, it would charge out of state fees. Now, keep in mind that Florida colleges are plenty cheaper than Indiana colleges (I almost spit out my water when I saw IU's fees). So, since I had a few friends and teachers who went to Ball State, I got their recommendations and here I am
this forum is slowly decomposing into butts and kitties

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #902 on: 06 Mar 2012, 05:59 »

That's in Belgium? Damn. My yearly tuition fee is almost three times that. Although subsidies for students who aren't living with their parents receive about the same (~€3000). On the other hand, renting an apartment in a not-shitty part of the city will cost you at least €300 in the Netherlands.

If I were going to move abroad for my Master's degree, I'd probably go to a Scandinavian country. They don't charge tuition fees. At all. That's partially offset by the increased living expenses (drinking regularly is going to bankrupt you), so it's a tough choice to make. I need to ask my study advisor what she thinks about my chances on a foreign university.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #903 on: 06 Mar 2012, 12:33 »

Came across this just now, when doing reading for a Metaphysics tutorial.

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #904 on: 06 Mar 2012, 12:50 »

My brother's recent surprise visit from Philadelphia (four and a half hour drive) and near immediate departure has only cemented my belief that I'm in the MIDDLE OF FUCKING NOWHERE. Does anyone else hesitate when friends ask to come and visit?

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #905 on: 06 Mar 2012, 15:31 »

These people in my maths class are so dumb. We should be able to cover more than half of a page in a 100 minute course. We are gonna run out of time to learn the really hard stuff because you jackasses don't understand fucking triangles.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

dr. nervioso

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • No more Mr. Nice Bitch
« Reply #906 on: 06 Mar 2012, 17:00 »

I an assuming you are at a college/university, so I will say that the professor should just move on. Babying them educationally will just make it worse for them when they advance and get a much more harsh instructor. While the instructor needs to keep in mind the needs of the students, he also needs to be aware of the required material and time constraints.

I think that is universal to all colleges, but I am sure it could be different attitude outside of the US
this forum is slowly decomposing into butts and kitties

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #907 on: 07 Mar 2012, 08:30 »

That's what tutors are for. And study groups. So yes, they really do need to move along.

I only have 2.5 days left of student teaching. I am so excited for my 2 week break (I have no exams before spring break, yuss!) you have no idea. VAY-CAY-SHUNNNNNNNN!*

*Breaks are pretty great as an undergrad, but they are like 1000x more meaningful as a grad student, let me tell you. I needs it precious.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Lupercal

• Bling blang blong blung
  • In conception since 1991
« Reply #908 on: 08 Mar 2012, 02:09 »

That's in Belgium? Damn. My yearly tuition fee is almost three times that. Although subsidies for students who aren't living with their parents receive about the same (~€3000). On the other hand, renting an apartment in a not-shitty part of the city will cost you at least €300 in the Netherlands.

If I were going to move abroad for my Master's degree, I'd probably go to a Scandinavian country. They don't charge tuition fees. At all. That's partially offset by the increased living expenses (drinking regularly is going to bankrupt you), so it's a tough choice to make. I need to ask my study advisor what she thinks about my chances on a foreign university.

What sort of sucks for future UK  students is that us that are born in England will pay the maximum to go to any University in the entirety of the UK. Welsh citizens won't pay more than they're paying now, and Scottish citizens go for absolutely nothing (something I hope changes if independence happens). Pretty ridiculous.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #909 on: 08 Mar 2012, 02:28 »

Even worse - any European student who goes to a Scottish university also pays nothing. English students are funding everyone else's free education.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Lupercal

« Reply #910 on: 08 Mar 2012, 06:30 »

Which is why I don't understand how £1 trillion of oil off the coast of Scotland is supposed to keep them giving all students free education on top of, you know, the rest of their economy (if they were to become independent). Whilst tuition fees can be seen as necessary (both English and Welsh students pay), I don't see how Scotland can carry on having to pay nothing - perhaps their contribution to UK graduates would be minimal if they actually had to pay for it?

Also, as a Course Representative, I keep having to go to meetings on how we should improve the English & American Lit course for the new students. Because they're paying so much money, they deserve a good course right?

I can't help but think why these changes weren't made earlier - I'm still paying £3000+ to the University, where's my supreme, conditioned and improved course? It seems a little redundant to me, but I won't even be here come July, so...

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #911 on: 08 Mar 2012, 15:38 »

CQI (Continuous Quality Improvement) hit the colleges and universities a few years back. 

After all, if some of the students are failing, the course must need improved, right?

Repeat after me:  "A University is NOT  a business... a University is NOT  a business... 

Oh, and while we're at it, neither is a government...
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #912 on: 08 Mar 2012, 15:46 »

Your latter postscript is something I would like to put up on banner ads.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #913 on: 08 Mar 2012, 21:42 »

Professor told me that I would not fail the course because I was like 15 problems ahead of the class on what is the most important section of problems. Made for a boring 45 minutes though when I was sitting there done with them all right the whole time.
Now I have a feeling some of the other people don't like me because I'm really good at math.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #914 on: 08 Mar 2012, 23:04 »

That's not  why they don't like you...

:angel:

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #915 on: 09 Mar 2012, 04:51 »

Oh hey, here that's taken seriously.

If less than 40% of students are failing, your course needs to be made harder.

I might have said this before, but I just don't get this philosophy. Maybe because the schools I've been in used generally used rubrics instead of curves, but I think a class should set out expectations that are attainable by most of the students, if they are willing to apply themselves. Some more so than others, of course, because people have different strengths and all, but I really think that when a student fails a class it's because a) they simply, physically, did not do the work/show up to class/read the book before doing the essay about it/etc., or b) the teacher did not give them the necessary information/skills to do the work. There should be no pride as a teacher in almost half your class not being able to do the assignments to a satisfactory level, when your purpose was to teach them to do it.
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #916 on: 09 Mar 2012, 06:33 »

The idea is that you shouldn't be testing someone's relative intelligence, but their actual ability to do the subject. The simplest way of understanding it is if you take a subject like medicine. How well other people do whilst studying medicine should not be relevant. All that matters is that the only people who end up qualified to practice medicine are those who actually have the skills to do it.

It gets less important with other subjects (there's no great danger that would arise from a university awarding English Lit. degrees to people who aren't that good at English Lit.) but the idea remains the same - the course should be designed to root out the people who can do the subject, and separate them from those who can't. Qualifications become pretty pointless if they're designed to let the average student pass - all that shows to the world is that you took the time to do one particular qualification, rather than another - they're supposed to teach you shit, and if that subject is harder than the average student is capable of understanding, then the average student should not be passing it.

And, of course, you should not automatically blame a teacher because their class has failed. Some people just can't do particular subjects, and the appropriate thing to do is to design a structure that prevents those people from getting qualifications in those subjects.
Take me, if I was to try to do a degree in Physics, given the fact that I am incompetent at science, the only acceptable outcome would be for me to be failed. And the person who fails me should be recognised as doing their job properly, not teaching me badly.

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #917 on: 09 Mar 2012, 07:48 »

I agree with that, I think it's a question of whether there is just a very high standard of performance required to get an A, or if the teacher has a mandate to weed people out of the program and/or is using a curve to force a certain percentage to fail - because that is testing students' intelligence relative to each other, and that is messed up. I shouldn't fail a class or assignment just because someone else did better at it, if what I did met the requirements laid out when the project was given.

I did horribly in Physics too, because I didn't "get" it the way I'm used to - but then instead of working harder and going to office hours for help, I gave up on it and started skipping class because I didn't understand what was going on anyway. I could try to say it's the professor's fault that I didn't understand him, but it's not as if (for the most part, at least) the questions on the exams were on material that he hadn't covered in class. Sometimes they do that, but not in that class. It was my fault that I failed, because I did not turn in satisfactory work, and I didn't make the effort I could have to do better.

Maybe it's my mindset of failure as "crash and burn, only did half of what was required" while in some places it's just "didn't score in the top X percent"?
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #918 on: 09 Mar 2012, 12:31 »

Yesterday I got back the second of the two mock exams I did at the start of January, and I got 132/200 on one and 134/200 on another. 140 is a first, and no one ever gets 180 or over (that would be a starred first, and I don't believe anyone has got one of those in law for over three years here) so I was thrilled :) Particularly since the feedback said "if you had done a little more analysis and been a little more careful with your facts this would have been first class" (I mixed up Bosnia and Serbia in a question about genocide...).

So that was really encouraging, particularly since it's the same subject as the one I got that awful essay back a few weeks ago - and the person who marked my mock exam is a fellow and a doctor, whilst the one who marked the essay is a PhD student. So I'm happy to go with the more positive grade!

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #919 on: 09 Mar 2012, 16:25 »

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #920 on: 10 Mar 2012, 01:00 »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #921 on: 10 Mar 2012, 07:30 »

Oh, sorry.  Too big? 

Better?

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #922 on: 10 Mar 2012, 07:55 »

Slightly ;)

Also a bit argh - the film I was involved in making has been released and they've included the clip of me, and I look very plump. More positively they also included four of the others I filmed! Exciting :) Although the contrast between my film clips and the professional ones could not be more obvious.

Haha also a bit of a "choir rehearsal" which was totally and completely faked purely for the camera. The music was composed especially for the film and a group of us were press ganged into recording it. It's ironic since it's meant to illustrate how we all get involved in lots of activities, which is true - but that really isn't one of them.

Lupercal

« Reply #923 on: 11 Mar 2012, 01:51 »

I've come to realise that exams in English Lit at degree level are fucking pointless.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #924 on: 13 Mar 2012, 07:04 »

This contention, in their Lordships' opinion, founders on the same rock of factual incredibility as sunk the contention based on the alleged six assets agreement.

Occasionally I actually enjoy reading judgments. Hehe. Take that, Prince Jefri Bolkiah and your attempt to claim that somehow you had a right to steal a load of money and buy a bunch of houses and then keep them because, well, you felt like it.

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #925 on: 13 Mar 2012, 08:39 »

I had a horrible experience last night.

Yesterday morning, I handed in an essay. At 11pm, I realised that I hadn't handed in a digital copy yet (which must be done by midnight). I panicked a little, but realised I still had plenty of time to get on my computer and upload it.
Except... when I went on my computer, I couldn't find it. The only thing I could find in its place was a draft that had huge chunks missing. Luckily, I had printed off a paper copy that was a little too blurry to hand in, so I started frantically typing it back up. Whilst doing that, I realised I'd made some really stupid typos, and kept in some sentences that really should have been taken out. Prior to that, I'd been thinking I had done well on the essay, now I think it is absolutely terrible.

Oh, and there was a "happy" ending - after typing for 15 minutes, I thought to myself "I wonder if for some reason I saved the essay in my Downloads folder?"
And I had! If only I'd thought of that sooner, I wouldn't have had to know that my essay is terrible until I get the marks back.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #926 on: 13 Mar 2012, 08:54 »

This is why I keep all documents I'm working with on the desktop, and only file them away when I know they're dealt with.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #927 on: 13 Mar 2012, 09:23 »

It could have been a lot worse. A while ago, I was using Ubuntu One to sync my work across my partitions, and to allow me to access my work anywhere. It was really useful, right up until the point where it fucked up syncing the master copy of my dissertation, and literally just deleted all the text in the file. It then synced the now blank file with my other partition, meaning that what had been my main emergency backup was also completely blank. Luckily, I have a laptop that I seldom use, which had last been turned on (and therefore synced) a week prior. So I managed to retrieve my dissertation (minus the week's work) from there, by preventing it from syncing.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #928 on: 13 Mar 2012, 10:06 »

I am at the point where I do not have that many "important" documents, but I have gotten into the habit of "backing them up" on an external hard drive as soon as they are "complete".  If there are several versions, I give each of them a "version number", using an underscore and a three digit numerical code.  This is in addition to my regular (roughly monthly) backup procedure, which involves the external hard drive, and a number of DVDs.  (My, what a lot of quotation marks). 

I originally bought the external hard drive to back up my music, so that I did not have to re-rip it every time I changed operating system (more or less annually), I could just copy it over from the external hard drive.  These music files occupy about 160 Gbytes, so it is very handy not to have to re-rip everything. 
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #929 on: 13 Mar 2012, 12:50 »

I keep meaning to get some kind of backup system going. So far it has proven impossible - short of manually copying every single file from my laptop onto an external harddrive, at least - because my laptop point-blank refuses to make a backup without first creating the backup on itself, and I don't have anything like enough space for it to do that. No matter what I tell it, it still insists that it has to do this. Anyone have any ideas what I can do?

Although I don't actually have any important documents at the moment, I will do next year when I start my dissertation.

Asterus

• FIGHT YOU
  • I'm not crazy, I'm just a little Unwell :P
« Reply #930 on: 13 Mar 2012, 12:56 »

You might be able to find a trusted program to handle backup duty. I used VCom's recovery commander a few years back for an XP, but had to give it up for 7. If you've only got the default windows processes, see if this helps:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Back-up-and-restore-frequently-asked-questions
By the way, I'm a permanent windows guy. If it's a problem with macs, try time machine or something.
From time to time you must concede, the need to sit down and have a good read:
http://hypocriticalparadox.blogspot.com/
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjonUt21G0HBaFsHPupFwxw
Those with Vas Deferens should show vast deference to those without.

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #931 on: 13 Mar 2012, 13:54 »

I find that a good stop gap is to periodically email yourself whatever it is that needs backing up. That way it'll be there in an attachment if you ever need it. The only problem with that system is that you need to remember to do it.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #932 on: 13 Mar 2012, 15:54 »

I back files up (both at home and at work) using SecondCopy, which is not free, but pretty cheap; I've been using it for over ten years, and have had one paid update in that time and several free ones.  There are various ways you can set the copying up; I make it mirror the source directories on the target drive, and when this means deleting or overwriting a file in the backup copy, that file is first moved to a "deleted" backup directory (in which multiple copies of the same file, up to a specified number, can be kept as well).  So it combines keeping a copy that's organised the same as the main copy with keeping everything.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #933 on: 14 Mar 2012, 05:40 »

Just finished another essay, taking the total of completed essays this week to two (and half of one written on Sunday night and not handed in on time - I'm going to finish it over vacation). However, my net progress towards total completion is nil, because I've just been informed I have another essay due this afternoon. I'm suspicious (the essay sheet says we can choose between the question on the sheet, or one on a sheet we won't actually get given until this afternoon's supervision) but even if it is actually not due for another week, that's still an extra essay I hadn't been counting.

Sigh.

I seem to remember this happening last term as well.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #934 on: 15 Mar 2012, 07:36 »

May, do you have a flash drive?  Your laptop may recognize it as part of the system when it's conected and allow you to create a backup there. 

lepetitfromage

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • addicted to the shindig
« Reply #935 on: 15 Mar 2012, 08:05 »

I get my NYSTCE results for the LAST exam on Monday. It's the final exam I had to take before I could be reccommended for certification. I neeeed to pass this!!!!

I'm getting so impatient! Why can't they just send them out already!?!
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #936 on: 15 Mar 2012, 08:37 »

Crossed fingers!

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #937 on: 21 Mar 2012, 17:50 »

An assignment is due today at 11:55pm, about 3 hours from now.
But we turn the assignment in about 4 weeks from now. We are just supposed to print it out tonight and carry it around until then.

If I could hate someone to death I think it would be this professor.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #938 on: 21 Mar 2012, 17:54 »

Sounds like someone was't paying attention to the online dates...

Has anyone bitched about the discrepancy?  I wouldn't know half of what goes on without my students complaining about it...

lepetitfromage

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • addicted to the shindig
« Reply #939 on: 22 Mar 2012, 05:58 »

Ugh. Those are terrible. I'm with Carl- complain!!

(In other news, I got my test scores! 286/300! Got perfect scores of 300 on the arts & humanities section and the essay. Weeeeeeee)

Now I just have to take all the shit that I've done (B.S. (ha.ha.), fingerprinting/background check results, school violence prevention workshop, child abuse recognition and reporting workshop, Assessment of Teaching Skills test, Content Specialty test and this past test (Liberal Arts and Science test) and send it all to the state with a check and crossed fingers.
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #940 on: 22 Mar 2012, 22:08 »

The worst part is that she knows. She assumes that there is still a print date/time on papers.

I actually looked her up on ratemyprofessor.com. She has a 2/5 with a lot of comments spanning the past 6 years saying she is terrible and not to take her class.
What really gets me is that when I signed up for the course it was another professor, but then they switched it at the last minute (the day before classes started) to being this professor.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #941 on: 22 Mar 2012, 22:18 »

Ratemyprofessor.com is a joke.  They have no protocol, no accuracy, and no godamned honesty. 

Needless to say, I've had a few run-ins with them in the past...  in particular, one vile comment that started with "I never had this guy, but I heard..."

They said they'd remove it, but never did.  It's been six goddamned years  and I asked every semester for four of them.  The comment's still there. 

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #942 on: 22 Mar 2012, 22:56 »

Well of course it isn't a very reliable site, but it wasn't only negative reviews, there was a couple good ones that boiled down to "it is a pretty easy course because there is little homework but she is unclear about what she wants"

Also, other students that hear about her say to never take any course she teaches because she is actually pretty bad at teaching.

She teaches from a fucking DVD. Like, every single day in class we watch more from this DVD that is obviously a VHS recorded in the late 80s/early 90s that has been put into DVD format.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #943 on: 23 Mar 2012, 01:19 »

I don't understand the handing in thing - what is due at 11.55pm and what is due in 4 weeks? When I have stuff due I just email it, or I just hand it in on paper, so I don't think we have this kind of weirdness.

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #944 on: 23 Mar 2012, 03:25 »

For us, we have a system where we have to hand in a paper and a digital copy. The digital copy is checked for plagiarism, whilst the paper copy tends to be the one that gets seen by the person marking it. I assume Jace is having to hand in a digital copy early, then carry round the physical copy?

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #945 on: 23 Mar 2012, 12:31 »

The assignment is through a digital coursework thing, but there is one login for the whole class to use, it doesn't track individual students.
So the professor wants us to do the assignment by 11.55pm and then print it out and carry it around for weeks to turn it in so that it has a 'print date' of when we did it to make sure we did it on time.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #946 on: 23 Mar 2012, 17:23 »

I still have no idea what you're talking about but I am beginning to suspect that the reason I don't understand is because it is a fucking stupid pointless requirement. Am I right?

Asterus

• FIGHT YOU
  • I'm not crazy, I'm just a little Unwell :P
« Reply #947 on: 23 Mar 2012, 19:57 »

Basically, the digital turn in is just some arbitrary step to see if someone was really dumb enough to copy a paper word by word. If the automated scans from turnitin.com find that a paper has an unusual amount of content that matches other papers, it flags a warning to the professor to look into it. The physical turn in is usually when the professor will actually read the papers and write feedback on the physical paper to give back. I don't understand why a professor would wait 4 weeks though, unless they were swamped with other assignments.
The automated originality check's kinda BS though. I've had friends who review source material together and bounce ideas off of another, only to find that that leads to papers that reflect that influence on one's style of writing, thus the papers get flagged. On the other hand, my papers appear to have a suspicious lack of plagiarism, simply due to my rather unique way of integrating source material into my sentences.
From time to time you must concede, the need to sit down and have a good read:
http://hypocriticalparadox.blogspot.com/
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjonUt21G0HBaFsHPupFwxw
Those with Vas Deferens should show vast deference to those without.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #948 on: 23 Mar 2012, 20:48 »

It isn't a paper, the digital turn in does nothing but grade the multiple choice assignment. Then you print that page, instead of taking the answers and re-doing the assignment to get a 100%, and turn it in way later.
This stems from it being a stupid requirement.

Also I'm really fucking tired of professors and teachers telling me that my essays need voice. Fuck you this is how I write something that is about facts, by laying out facts and what those facts mean. I can't use words like fucking and phrases like "all up in this" or "crazy ridiculous about this shit" so you aren't gonna get my voice. You're gonna get the voice that I have to use when talking to my girlfriend's family which is boring and mechanical sounding.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #949 on: 24 Mar 2012, 10:06 »

World War I started when someone busted a cap in Archduke Franz Ferdinand, and the only reasonable response was to get a war all up in this bitch (the bitch being Europe).
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 50   Go Up