THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 23:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 76   Go Down

Author Topic: WE LIKE SPORTS  (Read 567171 times)

scarred

• Older than Moses
Re: WE LIKE SPORTS
« Reply #900 on: 23 Apr 2010, 20:14 »

Denver took Tim Tebow. Still kind of lolling.
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #901 on: 24 Apr 2010, 17:33 »

Tebow hasn't thrown a ball in a regular season game and I'm already completely in hate with the smug bastard. Don't really know why but he annoys me.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #902 on: 24 Apr 2010, 18:04 »

But he's the best college ball player ever or something. At least that's what a couple of overenthusiastic casters were saying in the one game I saw of his last year over on this side of the ditch. (i think it must've been his last one)

In other news, CARN THE PAAAA AND THE DEES. Way to beat the two undefeated teams on nothing but hard work and spit. And the fact that the Lions pretty much collapsed and relied on one player all night. But CARN THE PAAAA!
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #903 on: 24 Apr 2010, 18:25 »

Tebow hasn't thrown a ball in a regular season game and I'm already completely in hate with the smug bastard. Don't really know why but he annoys me.

if he wasn't such an outrageously preachy bible-thumping pro-lifer... well, actually, he'd still be a just-barely-mediocre ball player.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #904 on: 24 Apr 2010, 18:30 »

Ahaha, Tim Tebow.

Look, let's get something straight right off the bat here: I don't give two shits about college football. I could not care less. I do not hate Tim Tebow. In fact, if anything, I'm inclined to feel charitable about him due to my reflexive rejection of bandwagon backlash-- You'll never see me hating on Peyton Manning for beating my teams and making too many commercials, for example. Hell, if Tim Tebow were a better player I'd probably just have quoted BeoPuppy and thrown up the "Haters gonna hate" fat kid gif.

There's just one problem: He throws the ball wrong. Uh, that's going to be a problem.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #905 on: 24 Apr 2010, 18:37 »

If nothing else, I love Tim Tebow for the fact that he gives me the chance to tell Tim Tebow fans that he throws the ball wrong. Try it some time! It's fun.

Also, it's even better when people point out that he has a new throwing motion so it shouldn't be a problem anymore. You know, because when you can spend a first round pick on a guy who had to change how he throws the ball, you have to do it.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #906 on: 24 Apr 2010, 18:41 »

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #907 on: 25 Apr 2010, 07:15 »

I have never wanted to punch a person so much while knowing so little about them in my life.

(also my football team won, and now they are 5-1 and this is amazing because they have now won one less than they did all year last season and they are playing in the complete opposite way to what they have in their entire history and I am really fucking excited!)
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

KaosPilot

• Furry furrier
    • Confessions of a Creative Writer
« Reply #908 on: 25 Apr 2010, 09:44 »

RAAANGERS ARE CHAMPIOOOOOOOOOOOONESS!!

With three games to spare. Hopefully we can beat Celtic in the last old-firm game of the season and really rub their noses in it.

What I find quite exciting is that Rangers and Celtic are going to play each other in Boston in July. If I have the time off work I might try and get across for that. If not hopefully Rangers will play the Ny Red Bull team from the MLS and I can see that instead.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
    • Me.
« Reply #909 on: 25 Apr 2010, 17:00 »

if he wasn't such an outrageously preachy bible-thumping pro-lifer... well, actually, he'd still be a just-barely-mediocre ball player.

... now I know why I hate him. Thanks!

Also: he throws the ball wrong.
My Art.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #910 on: 25 Apr 2010, 19:37 »

RAAANGERS ARE CHAMPIOOOOOOOOOOOONESS!!

I got a bit excited there because I thought you were talking about the NY Rangers in the NHL but then I was jerked back to the Real World, in which the Rangers suck suck suck and can't even make the fucking playoffs

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #911 on: 25 Apr 2010, 20:07 »

Its cool because Buffalo just needs to win 2 games to fuck you boston
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #912 on: 26 Apr 2010, 01:27 »

And all the while I sit here grinning while the Flyers are already through to round 2 after routing the Devils and reflecting that they only got here by putting out the Rangers in the first place.
 :lol:
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #913 on: 26 Apr 2010, 01:53 »

Aw man I was hoping that series would be a little more competitive than 4-1.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #914 on: 06 May 2010, 04:28 »

I really hope the Sharks complete the sweep tomorrow just so I can watch all the sportscasters and their fucking East Coast bias eat their words when every single one of them was calling for the upset.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #915 on: 08 May 2010, 04:13 »

Watching the Brumbies vs Highlanders game has reminded me how much I miss the game of a year or two ago that revolved around backs kicking back and forth trying to make territory.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #916 on: 08 May 2010, 07:20 »

I refuse to concede the title yet. Wigan have already beat Chelsea this season. Can they do it at Stamford Bridge? I....hope so.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Ptommydski

« Reply #917 on: 08 May 2010, 11:48 »

Leeds were promoted to the Championship after beating Bristol Rovers today.

Goals from Beckford (left) and Howson (right).

It's been a hell of a season and I can't find the right words yet. However, I am absolutely elated that we're one promotion away from the Premiership again.

Ptommydski

« Reply #918 on: 08 May 2010, 12:21 »

I am not sure how Bradley Johnson (shirtless) was able to produce a bottle of Bud so quickly so I assume he had it the whole game -

Incidentally, as you can tell from his choice of beverage, he's half-American and available for selection in the World Cup Finals along with Mike Grella and Davide Somma. Not to mention Patrick Kisnorbo, Neil Kilkenny and Shane Lowry (all Australian) and Max Gradel (Ivory Coast).

Yayniall

• ◔ ◡ ◔
« Reply #919 on: 09 May 2010, 10:12 »

In other promotion news, Bath City beat Woking 1-0 in the Blue Square South playoff final and so are now in the Conference proper (one promotion away from the football league). Good news for such a rugby dominated city.

Leinad

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #920 on: 09 May 2010, 14:52 »

WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS HERE WE COME OMG!!!! TAKE THAT FUCKING DETROIT!

Oh, and the Niners are winning their pennant this year. You heard it here first.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #921 on: 10 May 2010, 12:22 »

It's been a hell of a season and I can't find the right words yet. However, I am absolutely elated that we're one promotion away from the Premiership again.

They didn't make it easy on us, did they? Job done now though, and the Championship should be interesting next year.

Speaking of going up, I'm hoping Huddersfield can at least make it to the final of the League One play-offs. Millwall are going to have a tough job taking them on at home on Saturday given Huddersfield's excellent home form this season. It'll be nice to see another Yorkshire team go up.
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #922 on: 11 May 2010, 11:31 »

I am not sure how Bradley Johnson (shirtless) was able to produce a bottle of Bud so quickly so I assume he had it the whole game -

Incidentally, as you can tell from his choice of beverage, he's half-American and available for selection in the World Cup Finals along with Mike Grella and Davide Somma. Not to mention Patrick Kisnorbo, Neil Kilkenny and Shane Lowry (all Australian) and Max Gradel (Ivory Coast).

Johnson's on the US preliminary squad, along with Herculez Gomez, who's been destroying the Mexican league this season.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
« Reply #923 on: 11 May 2010, 16:02 »

My home team just made it to the Championship play-off final.

It is a pretty good day to live in Blackpool (even if it is a shithole).

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #924 on: 12 May 2010, 03:48 »

WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS HERE WE COME OMG!!!! TAKE THAT FUCKING DETROIT!

Oh, and the Niners are winning their pennant this year. You heard it here first.

I like you, even if I don't quite share your optimism.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #925 on: 12 May 2010, 18:32 »

I doubt anyone else here gives a crap about basketball, but there's a pretty good chance that a franchise will have its heart ripped out Temple of Doom style this Thursday. I'm not even joking; the Cleveland sports scene isn't exactly the cheeriest to begin with, and a LeBron James choke job followed by him fleeing in free agency would be an even bigger catastrophe than if Joe Mauer had left Minnesota. When you consider that Joe Mauer leaving would probably have led to my uncle hurling himself into the Mississippi along with the rest of St. Paul, that's pretty impressive.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #926 on: 13 May 2010, 03:53 »

Oh come on you had to have known it was coming sooner or later

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #927 on: 14 May 2010, 10:38 »

That doesn't make it any less interesting, particularly since Cleveland fans had more or less talked themselves into the hope that if they win there's no way LeBron could leave a defending champ without hurting his rep historically (Besides, he'd make bazillion dollars as the champ no matter who he's with). Besides, just because you know a bad thing is extremely likely doesn't make it any less painful when it rears up and bites you in the ass. Trust me, I'm a Vikings fan. I know all about getting suckered into this shit year after year. It adds an extra layer of "How was I stupid enough to hope again?" self-loathing to the whole proceedings. Cleveland fans are going through that right now and LeBron hasn't even left yet.
« Last Edit: 14 May 2010, 11:28 by Alex C »

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #928 on: 14 May 2010, 23:26 »

LeBron is a tremendous douche and emblematic of everything wrong with the NBA so I have trouble feeling sympathy for anyone in that equation.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #929 on: 15 May 2010, 04:34 »

Bahahahahaha Bruins. Seriously, 3-0 up until Simon Gagne comes back and then single-handedly destroys you in the next 4 games, that's pretty embarrassing.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #930 on: 15 May 2010, 06:52 »

I agree with the previous statement. Seriously, man, leading 3-0 and then losing? This is really, fucking sad.

In other news, the Habs are gonna play against the Flyers. Woo?
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #931 on: 15 May 2010, 08:07 »

It's weird because I wanted the Canadiens to beat the Capitals and the Penguins and they did but now I obviously want them to lose so I feel kind of bad. If Carter and Cote finally shake off their injuries I think the Flyers have enough to make the final but if the unbeatable Halak keeps up his outstanding form it will definitely be a slog.

The Western final is pretty exciting too, Sharks vs Blackhawks. The Sharks have the best offensive line in the league this season in Marleau, Thornton and Heatley and several other great players but Nabokov is shaky at the best of times and against Toews, Sharp and Patrick Kane he will be tested. Antti Niemi is a very solid goaltender too so we'll see what happens.

KaosPilot

• Furry furrier
    • Confessions of a Creative Writer
« Reply #932 on: 15 May 2010, 08:49 »

Leeds were promoted to the Championship after beating Bristol Rovers today.

Goals from Beckford (left) and Howson (right).

Magnificent. I was biting my nails after his goal. Gradel was a complete twat and I thought it was all over at 1-0 down, but NO!

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #933 on: 15 May 2010, 14:37 »

I hope LeBron doesn't sign with the Knicks. You see, I'm always somewhat annoyed by how sports news always gets clogged up by this assumption that athletes are willing to go to New York for chump change when the reality of it is that athletes go where they're being offered the most money.

And the Knicks are the absolute worst NY franchise in this regard because they suck so bad that they've been grasping at straws for over a decade. Every year or two writers act like the Knicks will get an all-star free agent to play for the mid-level exception because New York is the center of the universe. But this time, they actually have the cap space to at least match just about anyone else in the bidding. That means they'll feel justified in their "Everyone wants to play here," routine if LeBron goes there, even if past history shows that it's wrong 90% of the time. I know it's petty, but I'm sorta hoping they'll just get their hopes crushed and languish in obscurity for a while like losing teams are supposed to.
« Last Edit: 15 May 2010, 14:41 by Alex C »

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #934 on: 15 May 2010, 14:41 »

I'm really fucking sick of the East Coast sports media bias. Everyone on ESPN picked the Red Wings to win in 7 since they were on the hot streak pre-playoffs, and to a degree I understand that, but the Sharks dispatch them handily in 5. So what happens the next round? They all predict Blackhawks in six. I know the Sharks have a shaky playoff reputation, but give me a fucking break.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #935 on: 15 May 2010, 15:06 »

I think being a Vikings fan conditions me towards the opposite. I usually pick the teams I'm most familiar with apart and end up talking myself into thinking they're worse than they actually are. E.g. last year's Packers. Loved Rodgers. Took him in my fantasy league. But within a couple weeks his o-line damn near had me convinced he'd be dead by the end of the season. So your team has to be pretty awful before I'm willing to completely write them off against any midwest franchise.

I have no idea what'll happen with Sharks-Hawks though. Late in the playoffs, nearly identical records; eh, no thanks. Besides, I hate guessing what'll happen in hockey since sudden death overtime is brutal. One team can look like they're outplaying the other and suddenly they go down in flames over a garbage goal. Fuck, I love hockey.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #936 on: 22 May 2010, 09:34 »

Congratulations to Blackpool FC. 39 years since they were last in the top flight of English football.

A well-deserved 3-2 win over Cardiff City sealed their promotion from a team made up of young stars on loan and cast-offs from other clubs.

They probably won't last more than the 1 season in the Premier League but I'm sure they don't really care.
(Yes, they do play in tangerine orange and white)

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
« Reply #937 on: 22 May 2010, 10:37 »

That final was amazing, was lucky to find a space in a pub showing it here. Stats said literally 1/3 of the town population were at Wembley, which figures since pretty much everybody I know was there. I spent the entire second half waiting for Cardiff to snatch it away from us and have my heart broken but we really pulled through!

Now have to wonder if we can even host our matches here next season - the stadium is pretty much always under construction, and the FA have expressed concern over capacity and access.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
    • Me.
« Reply #938 on: 26 May 2010, 03:31 »

My Art.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #939 on: 26 May 2010, 04:27 »

FLYERS IN THE STANLEY CUP FINAL FOR FIRST TIME SINCE 1997!!!!!!!

I am really excited about this because even if we don't win it is the first time that I have seen the Philadelphia Flyers play in a Stanley Cup final since I started watching hockey and became a Flyers fan in 2000. We stand a decent chance as long as no more injuries are picked up but the Hawks are also on fire so it won't be easy by any means.

So excited!

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #940 on: 26 May 2010, 10:26 »

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #941 on: 26 May 2010, 19:30 »

:cry:

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #942 on: 27 May 2010, 06:42 »

Apparently my American football team is gonna' be beta testing an online stream of our first home game in a week or so. If you're interested in watching the British equivalent of the Detroit Lions, then I'll post a link up on here when it's given out.
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #943 on: 27 May 2010, 06:51 »

Oh, come now.

You guys can't be that bad.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #944 on: 27 May 2010, 06:52 »

Well, actually, wait, did you recruit JaMarcus Russell? Then you might be that bad.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #945 on: 27 May 2010, 11:07 »

The name JeMarcus Russell needs to become synonymous with failure, if it hasn't already.

He's the first player to literally eat himself out of the NFL.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #946 on: 27 May 2010, 11:36 »

Considering this is the same league that continues to employ Big Pat Williams, that's saying something. I mean, look at 'im!

There's a reason why some people actually gave him some benefit of the doubt over the starcaps thing, and it's not all just blatant homerism. It's just easier to believe that a guy has a problem cutting weight when he looks so big that you suspect that gravy would come out if he cut himself shaving.

BONUS ROUND: Vince Wilfork!

« Last Edit: 27 May 2010, 11:39 by Alex C »

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #947 on: 27 May 2010, 11:54 »

BTW, if I seem especially vicious about NFL and weights, it's because I personally suspect that the NFL needs weight limits of some sort if they ever expect subconcussive trauma and heart disease to quit cutting the lives of NFL linemen short. Rugby isn't even played with helmets, yet they have less people dying young due in large part because their rules don't allow NFL style blocking and because every player is actually expected to be able to get down field. That means there's no need for 350+ pound specialists who exist only to ram into each other over and over again until they're drummed out of the league by injury and drop dead by 53.
« Last Edit: 27 May 2010, 11:55 by Alex C »

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #948 on: 27 May 2010, 11:55 »

While that's a fair point, Russell isn't a lineman, he's (allegedly ;D) a QB.

Though I'm sure you knew that.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #949 on: 27 May 2010, 11:56 »

I couldn't tell!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 76   Go Up