THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 18:13
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thread for people who don't belong here  (Read 34802 times)

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
Re: Thread for people who don't belong here
« Reply #300 on: 09 Dec 2009, 16:37 »

We will, each of us who are not already parents, most likely fail as parents in ways that our parents didn't.  This is preordained.  If your parents were too strict, you will most likely be too permissive.  If your parents were all fucked up on ludes, you will freak out when you find your kid with a joint.  The goal is not to be a perfect parents, it's to fail as little as possible.  It's to have your kids think of you generally as sources of moral support, as positive forces in their lives, even if the relationship is bloody hindering awkward.

silverstar

• Plantmonster
  • Hooyah, Navy!
« Reply #301 on: 09 Dec 2009, 17:53 »

well someone has a mysterious past

*shifty eyes* Mysterious, indeed. If I told ya, I'd have to kill ya and all that fun stuff...

...ok, so, not really, but that's still fun to say.

My parents are overbearing, judgmental, and anyone that disagrees with their point of view is an idiot. I just am trying to cut down on the complaining I do about them.

La
*insert witty comment here*

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #302 on: 10 Dec 2009, 01:42 »

a shitty father

Eh, grandfather.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up