THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 03:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Down

Author Topic: QC vs Zombies!  (Read 138932 times)

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
Re: QC vs Zombies!
« Reply #1400 on: 24 Dec 2009, 20:47 »

St Matts has always been EHB (or meant to be since the invasion/aftermath) but I'd been using Norton Railway as an entry point since it had been VSB just as long as St Matts had been EHB.

Nodaisho

« Reply #1401 on: 24 Dec 2009, 20:48 »

Club Aldritch is still ruined, go in there and freerun into St. Matthews. Cowing PD might still be VSB as well.

It isn't really overcading when there are double-digits of zombies outside the building, is it?
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

öde

« Reply #1402 on: 24 Dec 2009, 20:51 »

Isn't the only large amount of zombies outside St Matts? I would go to those places, but I have no AP now.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1403 on: 24 Dec 2009, 21:00 »

Great, I was in St Matts but I went outside to hack some zombies up. Turns out people have been helpfully overcading so I'm stuck outside..

Serves you right. Especially when the suburb is in such a dire state there are plenty of actually useful things you could do (like, say, attacking zombies inside buildings,) nobody likes a trencher.

I'm not sure which is a bigger waste of AP, killing zombies outside or combat reviving.
« Last Edit: 24 Dec 2009, 21:03 by jhocking »

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #1404 on: 25 Dec 2009, 03:06 »

Unless, you know, you are in places like where my zombie is, as the only zed for ten blocks in any direction.

I died at the PD, so I'm standing at summerville. If you just have enough Ap for one revive, do me, since I'm almost full with AP and syringes.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #1405 on: 25 Dec 2009, 06:48 »

I'm killing zombies outside to gain the construction skill.  :-(

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #1406 on: 25 Dec 2009, 07:43 »

Hey, Christophe Kazoo is standing on Somerville Boulevard waiting for a revive.

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #1407 on: 25 Dec 2009, 11:43 »

Well, thanks to whoever got Rowcliffe up and running again, I managed to pick up 3 syringes to go with the couple of FAKs I picked up from St. Siricius. Sadly Cowing Way PD is down so I couldn't search for any weapons or ammo and Dinham Alley PD a few blocks west is in ruins needing 21AP to repair which I didn't have at the time.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1408 on: 25 Dec 2009, 20:49 »

I totally attacked a zombie outside, but i did check all the buildings to see if anything needed to be done first. I think I was the one to fuel the genny at Rowcliffe; I fueled a genny somewhere at least. I can't figure out a way to get more xp for a character with my skills, I'll barricade when I see something's too low but I always seem to log in when they're fine.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1409 on: 25 Dec 2009, 21:01 »

New characters who need to gain levels as fast as possible are the exception here; you do whatever is the most efficient path to XP. Most survivor groups don't expect newbies to spend time being useful until they've gained a dozen levels or so.
« Last Edit: 25 Dec 2009, 21:04 by jhocking »

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1410 on: 26 Dec 2009, 07:09 »

I'm a zombie at the cemetry under St Matt's again; I stupidly stayed too long in the PD because I didn't log in over Christmas. I've got a few syringes so once I'm revived I can be helpful for a while.

Wherever I look I can't seem to find a toolkit. Where am I most likely to find one? I thought auto repair shops were the place but on the wiki none of them say that you can find a toolkit there.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1411 on: 26 Dec 2009, 07:21 »

ah wish I'd known, I went to Somerville Boulevard today because yesterday a bunch of people said they needed revives there. Only they had already been taken care of, and there was nobody there. After a little wandering outside I did find Huddahud though so I revived him, and then I used up my AP healing wounded people indoors.

Maybe I'll swing by the cemetery tomorrow, although I was really planning on doing a bunch of resupplying tomorrow (in particular, I'm out of FAKs now.)

EDIT: whoah yet another survivor with Brain Rot, in the Whicher Building right next to the NT:
http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1112646

This is the third survivor rotter I've seen with Slick Donnie, I never saw a single one in several years of playing as my old character.

This looks to be a zombie spy considering his group name is one of the official songs for Feral Undead:
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Feral_Undead#Official_Song

Someone probably combat revived him in the NT. I'd kill him myself but I'm out of AP; if anyone else wants to gank this guy, he's got maxed out survivor skills so he could be a real threat (eg. destroying our precious generators.)

EDIT2: I don't remember exactly what I said, but after I checked his profile I commented about how impressive it is to see a survivor with Brain Rot. Just logged in to this -

Since your last turn:
    * The lights went out in the Rowcliffe Building. (1 hour and 50 minutes ago)
    * Darnell Davidson punched you for 1 damage. (1 hour and 46 minutes ago)
    * Darnell Davidson said "You tryin ta start with me?" (1 hour and 46 minutes ago)
« Last Edit: 26 Dec 2009, 10:28 by jhocking »

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1412 on: 26 Dec 2009, 11:31 »

Thanks whoever revived me! I can't remember whose character is whose.

Other than killing zombies, are there any reliable ways to earn XP? Healing and barricading are all very well but it doesn't happen very often and I don't have any other skills (I'd forgotten I needed Necrotech skills to revive).
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

the_pied_piper

« Reply #1413 on: 26 Dec 2009, 11:44 »

It was me.

Killing zombies is the best way to get skills early on. In some of the better organised groups like the RRF or MOB they organise strike teams and arrange over IRC how and when to attack. This helps them because they can then give the killing blow to a less experienced player to allow them to gain the extra 10XP for the killing blow. Sadly, as a survivor it is a bit more difficult to arrange this as the zombies can use their Scent skills to see which survivors are ripe for extra XP while survivors aren't able to see the XP of zombies unless they hit them first.

If people are interested in trying a strike action to help the less experienced players there are plenty of zombies around to kill but it would likely be difficult to organise and take a few days to set up.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1414 on: 26 Dec 2009, 11:44 »

The main paths to XP are combat, healing, tagging zombies with a dna extractor, and reviving. There's no XP for barricading, which is why I told brittany that most survivor groups don't really expect people to spend time being useful until after they've gained a dozen levels or so. I mean, if newbies do try to be useful that's great, but until they reached the point where gaining XP just isn't all that important anymore then pretty much do whatever you can do to gain XP fastest. If you gotta kill zombies in the street, then even though that doesn't help anyone else, do that. If you gotta tag zombies, then even though that doesn't help anyone else, do that.

Of course, if you have the AP then the zombie spy in Whicher with me only has 30 HP...

btw may, I would suggest taking Diagnosis next. Although building your firearms skills is definitely important too, I would say taking Diagnosis next is even more important so that you can see the HP of everyone around you. That way you can see wounded survivors and heal them for XP. Pretty much everyone I've encountered for the past week or so has been wounded, so I'm thinking your notion that healing doesn't come up often is simply because you can't see who needs healing.

ADDITION: Now Darnell is literally the only other person in Whicher with me, the other survivors have skedaddled. The lights just came back on in Rowcliffe, we don't want to lose them again. He's only at 30 HP, so tempting to me, but I only have 12 AP (I'd want at least 20 AP to be sure of inflicting 30 damage using my pistols on an armored target.)

Even if nobody has the AP to kill him entirely, if anyone could even just hit him a few times to bring him down to like 20 HP and then post here I can finish him off.
« Last Edit: 26 Dec 2009, 13:27 by jhocking »

the_pied_piper

« Reply #1415 on: 26 Dec 2009, 14:57 »

Well, tried to help but apparently 40% means that you can swing and miss 7 times in a row with a fire axe but I did shoot him once so he is down to 26HP.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1416 on: 26 Dec 2009, 17:12 »

Well thanks for the assist. I saved up enough AP and he was still there so I bumped and dumped him (wasted a bunch of AP punching when I didn't notice the attack method had changed, that was annoying.) Also gonna move to a different building; chances are his very first act when he next logs in is to break back in.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #1417 on: 27 Dec 2009, 13:49 »

Probably going to need a revive later after I got stuck outside. I understand that with a large zombie horde at the door of St. Matt's there need to be some Heavily Barricaded buildings but all of them from top to bottom of Pegton?

Will post where I end up when I log on later and see my character dead.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1418 on: 27 Dec 2009, 15:35 »

hm we better knock down overbarricaded buildings. Not resource buildings, those are gonna get built right back up, but buildings like Norton Railway and Rosser Museum that really have no reason to be overbarricaded. Also, make sure the barricade levels are spraypainted on those buildings.

Nodaisho

« Reply #1419 on: 27 Dec 2009, 23:29 »

I got the railway down to VSB++ and spraypainted the barricade level and the link to the Pegton plan, now I'm at the Hanne Arms sleeping, it's at VHB right now, I'll take it to VSB tomorrow.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #1420 on: 28 Dec 2009, 14:05 »

Forgot to check last night before I went to bed so I woke up dead and have shambled to Somerville Boulevard if someone can revive me.
If you could speak where the nearest entrance is too that would be great so that I don't end up wandering around and getting ripped apart by zombies again.

To note: there are 11 zombies outside St. Matt's and 2 outside Rowcliffe but no others within immediate sight so it is pretty safe to run out and revive right now.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1421 on: 28 Dec 2009, 15:52 »

I just noticed Pyke Auto has been made an entry point. Technically that is incorrect because the barricade plan says otherwise; for now that works because Cowing Way is EH.

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • om nom nom nom
« Reply #1422 on: 28 Dec 2009, 17:19 »

Norton Railway got broken into.  Darn good thing I logged on when I did, I was so close to death.

I barricaded back up to VSB++, but there's still a zombie inside.  Spent most of my AP getting it down to 23 or so HP.  If anyone wants to finish it off, that'd be cool.

Nodaisho

« Reply #1423 on: 28 Dec 2009, 21:23 »

A couple buildings in southern pegton got hit pretty bad, the Meatyard and Downes buildings both got ruined. I fixed up both of them, Meatyard is at VSB++ and Downes is at lightly, I ran out of AP and am sleeping in the Rosser Museum until I get another couple of AP to get someplace EHB.

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #1424 on: 29 Dec 2009, 01:07 »

There's a zombie in St. Siricius with 21 HP.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #1425 on: 29 Dec 2009, 04:59 »

I went for a trip up to Pitneybank; the The Farmer Building is empty of zombies, and barricaded a bit, but it's got 21 zeds outside. Doesn't look like we'll be getting help from up there anytime soon, but I hope that horde doesn't come down here.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1426 on: 29 Dec 2009, 05:08 »

There's a zombie in St. Siricius with 21 HP.

Looks like it got taken care of, I'm in St. Siricius right now and it's EH.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #1427 on: 29 Dec 2009, 13:57 »

Out NT has 2 zeds in and is at Quite.

Nodaisho

« Reply #1428 on: 29 Dec 2009, 23:53 »

I'm in Mitchem Mall, only two corners are lit, but everything is EHB. Needed to stock up on ammo, I was down to three pistol rounds and one shotgun shell.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1429 on: 31 Dec 2009, 11:12 »

grrr everything in pegton is overbarricaded but the weird thing is that it says the building is very strongly barricaded and yet I still cannot get in. wtf?

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1430 on: 31 Dec 2009, 17:00 »

Well I just entered the building you're standing outside, so you must've hit the wrong button.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #1431 on: 31 Dec 2009, 17:53 »

Sometimes I get the problem that it freezes up and won't allow me to move at all. I tend to just leave it for half an hour until it cycles up 1 more AP and the problem then seems to disappear. Not sure why this happens in the first place though and it is a bit annoying as you could be ripped apart by a zombie horde in that time.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1432 on: 31 Dec 2009, 19:22 »

I think that mighta been what happened. I had just gotten to the church (the second time) when I ran out of AP, the building I was trying to enter was Norton Railway Station. I know I didn't hit the wrong button, because it gave me the message you'd get if you tried to enter an EHB building. I kept going from one building I knew should be VHB to another and I got the same message every time, but thanks for the heal Joe. I think it's what saved me, and I got in the building this time.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1433 on: 01 Jan 2010, 12:16 »

nodaisho, this guy looks like a zombie spy:
http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1540581

Sometimes troublemakers pretend to be members of a survivor group; his group is set as ENVY. Better keep an eye out, if he makes any trouble then we'll know to take him out.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #1434 on: 01 Jan 2010, 12:22 »

Rowcliffe is infested again. 5 zombies inside after I just took out one and dumped it outside. I also blasted a few holes in another so at least one only needs a couple of hits to be put down. Doors are secured but there are too many zombies to barricade.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1435 on: 01 Jan 2010, 12:28 »

i killed and dumped one, someone barricaded lightly one dude just combat revived a zombie. dick. gah i guess he's combat reviving all of them. i dumped three that he did though so i guess they're not in there anymore, then i ran to another building when i ran out of ap.
« Last Edit: 01 Jan 2010, 12:31 by BrittanyMarie »

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1436 on: 02 Jan 2010, 06:27 »

it gave me the message you'd get if you tried to enter an EHB building. I kept going from one building I knew should be VHB to another

I'm hoping this was a typo, but in case it wasn't I should explain.

Any variation on "heavily barricaded" is too much to enter. So that means:
Extremely Heavily Barricaded
Very Heavily Barricaded
Heavily Barricaded

Entry points are supposed to be VSB, not VHB. That's Very Seriously Barricaded.

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1437 on: 02 Jan 2010, 07:22 »

?

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1438 on: 02 Jan 2010, 07:34 »

I guess I was thinking of our group name. I meant Very Strongly Barricaded, not very seriously.

ADDITION: Zombie in St. Siricius. When I got there earlier the doors were wide open but no zombies inside, so I brought the barricades as high as I could. Apparently they weren't enough, because I just logged in and now a zombie is inside.
« Last Edit: 02 Jan 2010, 09:57 by jhocking »

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #1439 on: 02 Jan 2010, 18:26 »

So, I kind of stopped paying attention to Serious Ponies after we got destroyed by the RRF, and have been reviving for the past week or so. What's going on and where should I go to get back on the action?
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

the_pied_piper

« Reply #1440 on: 02 Jan 2010, 19:02 »

At the moment we're all fighting off the zombies that decided to stick around in Pegton so make your way back to St. Matthew's and the surrounding resource buildings if you want to join us. Most of the fighting seems to be happening in the Rowcliffe building with a few break-ins and Norton Square Railway Station is the entry point.

Right now it is overbarricaded but i'll take a couple of swipes at it.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1441 on: 05 Jan 2010, 07:02 »

Ponies in Mitchem Mall (looks like there's just one other than me) there's a zed in the mall and the northeast corner isn't barricaded, help! I ran out of AP taking out one zombie and then another burst in.

ADDITION: Several more just broke in. Apparently I got to the mall just in time for a sizeable breach. So much for restocking ammo, toodles!
« Last Edit: 05 Jan 2010, 08:22 by jhocking »

Nodaisho

« Reply #1442 on: 05 Jan 2010, 07:49 »

Anyone near st matthews have a generator? I've got a fuel can, but no generator, and St. Matt's has been unlit for days now. Lights on means better search odds and lots of people able to heal for 15 rather than 10.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1443 on: 05 Jan 2010, 07:55 »

Found one! Surprisingly fast too.

Anyone reviving at the cemetery 3S of St Matt's, the two zombies there are both spies. One is RRF and the other has only zombie skills, except maybe free running. Make sure you scan before reviving.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1444 on: 05 Jan 2010, 09:34 »

Look at the description of that poor combat revived guy: http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1623943

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1445 on: 06 Jan 2010, 17:40 »

Mitchem Mall looks to be overrun. I scrounged up a couple shotguns while I still could and then ran.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1446 on: 06 Jan 2010, 17:43 »

Speaking of getting overrun, I could use a revive at the cemetery.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

the_pied_piper

« Reply #1447 on: 06 Jan 2010, 17:55 »

Speaking of getting overrun, I could use a revive at the cemetery.

Revived.

All looks fairly well across our area of Pegton. There are only small groups of zombies at the doors of the resource buildings and there are 2 VSB entry points in Norton Square and the Church 1 block south.

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #1448 on: 07 Jan 2010, 16:03 »

Did you guys hear about Vinetown?

öde

« Reply #1449 on: 07 Jan 2010, 16:18 »

I was there, maaan.

Yeah, shame the mall's gone, and the whole suburb's pretty much torn apart.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Up