THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 04:31
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32   Go Down

Author Topic: QC vs Zombies!  (Read 138947 times)

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
Re: QC vs Zombies!
« Reply #1500 on: 19 Jan 2010, 09:37 »

*sigh* Well getting into a turf war would be stupid, but this is totally the sort of situation that sparks turf wars. If this were a bigger problem I'd say we should move to another suburb, but as it is I guess it's just something we have to grit our teeth and bear.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #1501 on: 19 Jan 2010, 14:23 »

We also have to grit our teeth and bear their inane roleplaying sadlkjas;odiu03erulaskmda.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1502 on: 19 Jan 2010, 14:39 »

I just logged in to this message:

#  Doctor Heller said "RedRum member Suburban Ed is in Gynn Bank, 3 S, 1 SE." (1 hour and 30 minutes ago)

Incidentally, I have Doctor Heller marked green. I don't remember why, but I mark helpful people (ie. people who revive me or rebuild barricades) green to know who to heal if I have the chance.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1503 on: 19 Jan 2010, 16:20 »

Would it be a bad idea to just explain why combat reviving isn't a great tactic? They may genuinely not have realised.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #1504 on: 19 Jan 2010, 16:28 »

I have a colour-coded system for people too; green is Ponies; Yellow is helpful members of ENVY or M.E.R.C.Y. so that I can keep an eye on them; blue is general helpful people; Purple is suspicious people and Orange is those due sweet, sweet vengeance at the end of my axe.

I am pretty sure the recurring zombie Pfaltz has me marked as I am the first person he attacks whenever we are in a building together (this may be Eric, now that I come to think about it).
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1505 on: 19 Jan 2010, 17:14 »

I make bad people red, Ponies blue, and helpful people gray or green.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

CardinalFang

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #1506 on: 19 Jan 2010, 17:15 »

Me, Pfaltz?

NO no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

Yes
(From Gabbly) Jodizzle: no sad deaths apart from the eaten kitten

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1507 on: 19 Jan 2010, 18:32 »

I mark survivors with Brain Rot white because they are pale as death.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1508 on: 25 Jan 2010, 06:17 »

Thanks for the valiant efforts at Mitchem Mall guys, but I bit it and now I'm at the cemetery south of St. Martin's.

Puki

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #1509 on: 25 Jan 2010, 06:54 »

"Damn...those dead bastards got smart. This almost felt like a planned attack."

Anyhow - while I was resting SW part of the Mall got broken into, so,yeah, I'm walkingdeading toward the cemetery also.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #1510 on: 28 Jan 2010, 19:09 »

Do i kill this guy: Professor Dead?

Yep, his name is Professor Dead and the only survivor skill he has is Freerunning. He is currently in St. Matt's at 10HP.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • om nom nom nom
« Reply #1511 on: 28 Jan 2010, 21:28 »

I healed him, in case he was a parachute (which looks pretty likely).

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #1512 on: 28 Jan 2010, 22:11 »

The Mitchem Mall seems to be back and running, though for how long I don't know. I've hid out for the night in one of the towers that's EHB though I have like 600xp that I can't use because I've unlocked all the Survivor skills. Perhaps getting my certificate in zombie skills might do me good in the long run, so maybe getting killed might be a blessing...

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1513 on: 29 Jan 2010, 05:46 »

I know that feeling. I finally used like 600 XP when I was just killed in the mall. As you say it's pretty solid right now; 11 massed outside, but that ain't no thang. When I went to Bhore Monument today there was surprisingly no-one to revive.

Do i kill this guy: Professor Dead?

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• om nom nom nom
« Reply #1514 on: 30 Jan 2010, 11:30 »

St. Matthew's and the surrounding buildings are hella secured now.  Figure I'll head down to Mitchem to help out/ get enough experience to buy the rest of the human skills.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1515 on: 30 Jan 2010, 11:39 »

Even Mitchem is pretty secure right now, there hasn't been anyone to revive at Bhore Monument for the past few days. If you pay attention to the wiki map, apparently our quadrant of Malton is the safest part right now.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #1516 on: 02 Feb 2010, 16:55 »

So I wandered into Dentonside to kill some zeds. Turned out there were more than I thought and they killed me even after I barricaded a safehouse overnight. Killed the zed outside Norton Square for fun on the lurch back, am now at Somerville if someone can revive me?

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• om nom nom nom
« Reply #1517 on: 04 Feb 2010, 11:52 »

Went to the mall down in Gulsonside (southwest of Vinetown) to see how things are going down there.

From the looks of things, not too good.

Puki

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #1518 on: 04 Feb 2010, 12:51 »

Hm, I'll fill up on  APs, then head down there (I'm fully, more or less, stocked on ammo).

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1519 on: 04 Feb 2010, 13:38 »

Good scouting, I've been ranging further and further afield too looking for some place that needs help.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #1520 on: 04 Feb 2010, 14:20 »

Fort Crady and Giddings is just fine, I was up there yesterday, so I'll be walking down to Gulonside too.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Nodaisho

« Reply #1521 on: 04 Feb 2010, 17:31 »

St. Matthews is low on fuel for the generator, I could only carry one fuel can and used it on Siricius. I'm in a repair shop looking for more, but I'm out of AP, so it will be a while before I can find one and get back.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1522 on: 04 Feb 2010, 22:38 »

There are indeed some zombies in the mall in Gulsonside. I'm gonna wait for more ap and currently am holed up in Vawer Walk PD, which is lit and EHB, as are a bunch of buildings in Osmondville--so perfect.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1523 on: 05 Feb 2010, 05:30 »

Does Gulsonside have NT buildings? I'll check the map of course before heading over, just curious. I want to minimize trekking long distances to ferry in supplies.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1524 on: 05 Feb 2010, 07:10 »

An impressive three, the Perryn Building being the closest to the mall and easiest to free run into from there. It was ruined when I checked before. I'm just on the south border of Vinetown at the moment trying to scare up a genny, I'll head along once I've found one and got my AP back.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1525 on: 05 Feb 2010, 10:03 »

Four zeds inside Perryn and 2 ap to repair it. The Axtence building in Osmondville is only four moves away from the mall though. A little farther away but already lit and EHB

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1526 on: 06 Feb 2010, 00:10 »

Are we going to coordinate this or just kill a zed here and there?

Nodaisho

« Reply #1527 on: 06 Feb 2010, 02:04 »

I'm coming in tomorrow, I have a few FAKs, but mostly ammo for clearing stuff out. I'm sitting in Vinetown at 7 AP currently. I can work on the Perryn building if you guys want and it is still occupied. I'll probably need someone to barricade it if it has zombies and needs repairing.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1528 on: 06 Feb 2010, 11:23 »

I honestly think putting a genny and fixing Perryn would be a waste of ap for right now since there is one that's lit and not far. Working on the mall itself would probably be the most productive for at first, though we could have a goal of getting the rest of the area secure after the mall.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #1529 on: 06 Feb 2010, 14:27 »

I'm in Vawer Walk PD right now, waiting for the AP to fill up for tomorrow. Full on syringes and ammo, a bit low on FAKs. Should I just head straight for the mall tomorrow, or does something need fixing? Do we know of any revive points on the way?

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1530 on: 06 Feb 2010, 16:07 »

I honestly think putting a genny and fixing Perryn would be a waste of ap for right now since there is one that's lit and not far. Working on the mall itself would probably be the most productive for at first, though we could have a goal of getting the rest of the area secure after the mall.

Yeah I concur, if there are other NTs nearby then securing the mall is more important.

I'm in Vawer Walk PD right now, waiting for the AP to fill up for tomorrow. Full on syringes and ammo, a bit low on FAKs. Should I just head straight for the mall tomorrow, or does something need fixing? Do we know of any revive points on the way?

Well I don't have any specific suggestions, but my usual plan is to head straight to whichever revive point the wiki says is closest to the mall. I barely ever go into malls actually, I mostly hang around the periphery to keep mall defenders flowing in.

UPDATE: hm, even though the mall is totally dead, the revive points surrounding it are empty. That's disappointing, that may mean all the mall occupants have evacuated rather than sticking around to fight. Since I didn't have much reviving to do, I spent most of my AP scouting around. There are barely any zombies outside, just one group of 7 attacking a fire station.

Even this ruined mall is pretty low-key, I'm starting to think we should go back to Ridleybank for another try. It's orange on the map!

Also with regards the NT brittany identified, Axtence is lit and holding but everyone in there is a little chewed up so I'm guessing this is a battleground.
« Last Edit: 07 Feb 2010, 08:56 by jhocking »

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #1531 on: 08 Feb 2010, 00:36 »

So my Zombie alt got combat-revived, which turns out to be (sort-of) awesome--I go into a building, putz around until I die, then come back as a zombie and hit a dude or a genny. So awesome but I end up not having enough XP for human skills.

Nodaisho

« Reply #1532 on: 08 Feb 2010, 00:55 »

Yeah, that fire station is where I ended up holing up, after repairing a square of the mall (not like it is going to survive, but I had to at least try). It's at VHB right now, Jefferson Halley and I are in it.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #1533 on: 08 Feb 2010, 01:37 »

I cleared out a zed and fix and slightly caded the two western squares of the mall.

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #1534 on: 08 Feb 2010, 01:55 »

Also here are Scoutcat (56HP), Anthony Olsen (56HP), Jarral Tandaris (56HP), Spiderj (56HP), Xacerbate (56HP), Spikey DaPikey (56HP), Lavamancer (56HP), PapayaGoddess (56HP), Henry Nilson (56HP), Akaros (56HP), firemantiz (56HP) and klotejos (56HP).
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1535 on: 08 Feb 2010, 01:56 »

The NE section is now at VH, and the final ruined section only had 3 zombies in it so a reasonably coordinated hit by two or three well-armed people should take it.
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #1536 on: 08 Feb 2010, 09:57 »

NE is the only corner with zombies left, the cades are at VHB-EHB all the way around.

Get up, proff Q, and stand outside, and I'll revive you on the morrow!

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1537 on: 08 Feb 2010, 11:52 »

SE is gone too now, so at least my bit wasn't the only one to get trashed. I would've felt a tad persecuted. I'm at the Broadbear Monument now.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1538 on: 08 Feb 2010, 17:52 »

I jabbed ya. I also revived a zombie standing outside the mall that looked like he might play as a survivor; it's often hard to tell with maxed out characters if I should revive them or not (otherwise you go by which side they have more skills for.)

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1539 on: 08 Feb 2010, 20:12 »

All four were gone now. I killed a z in the SE corner, repaired it and brought it to VHB. Yeah!

the_pied_piper

« Reply #1540 on: 08 Feb 2010, 20:24 »

4 zeds in St. Matt's. Must have been a surprise attack because last time I checked there were only dead bodies around the vicinity.

Nodaisho

« Reply #1541 on: 09 Feb 2010, 02:53 »

8 zombies total in the mall, 3 SW, 2 NW, 2 NE. SE is repaired, but unbarricaded, didn't see the point with zombies inside. It takes one AP to repair an unoccupied square, and usually around 5 to completely ruin it. Even if it isn't going to stay up, you are making them waste AP on ruining it again. The fire station is at EHB+1, it was at lightly when I logged in.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1542 on: 09 Feb 2010, 04:24 »

SE is repaired, but unbarricaded, didn't see the point with zombies inside.

Barricading is the most important thing to do, more important than attacking the zombies. The common expression is "cade kill dump heal":
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Survivor#Survivor_Defence

The point is so that zombies can't get back in right after you kill them. After all, a killed zombie can just stand right back up with little penalty and walk right back into the building.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1543 on: 09 Feb 2010, 20:35 »

Snalin is dead! And I killed that jerk who brought down the barricades and caded a bit.

Nodaisho

« Reply #1544 on: 09 Feb 2010, 22:17 »

I figured there wasn't too much point in barricading when there were no zombies outside, and a bunch inside. At least one of the other corners was caded, and I didn't think about the possibility of more people going into the mall rather than going after the fire station.

Speaking of, the fire station got ruined and I got killed while I was offline, I'm at the cemetery by the NW square of the mall.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #1545 on: 09 Feb 2010, 23:09 »

St. Matt's needs immediate help from 5 brain-eaters inside and flimsy barricades.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #1546 on: 10 Feb 2010, 02:59 »

On my undead way!

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #1547 on: 10 Feb 2010, 03:01 »

Standing outside St. Matt's.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1548 on: 10 Feb 2010, 11:43 »

everything seems to be fine up here in st matt's area, lots of ehb buildings with no z's in them anymore.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1549 on: 12 Feb 2010, 00:20 »

Also I just realized the guy who wrote a lot of the scripts Joe was talking about on page 7 is in the group my alt is in. He's a Good Dude!

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32   Go Up