THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 05:49
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: QC vs Zombies!  (Read 139196 times)

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
Re: QC vs Zombies!
« Reply #50 on: 05 Oct 2009, 05:54 »

I am now inside the Nott Museum in Crowbank with 2 other guys who i don't know.

I was dead but someone came and revived me within a couple of hours which was pretty great.

Now inside the Tredaway Building in Edgecombe making my way to safety in Heytown.
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2009, 09:29 by the_pied_piper »
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #51 on: 05 Oct 2009, 06:31 »

I've been zombiefied. Is there a way to be human again or should I start a new account?
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #52 on: 05 Oct 2009, 06:53 »

Go to a revive point (either look on the wiki to find out where they are, or just go to a cemetery) and wait for someone to revive you. Death is pretty frequent, especially at low levels, but don't sweat it because death is not permanent.

Unless you get the zombie skill Brain Rot that is. That's the one skill you should avoid if you play as a survivor. The entire point of that skill is so that zombie players don't have to worry about getting revived (ie. what happened to snalin.)

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #53 on: 05 Oct 2009, 08:40 »

Tom Edishon, currently in a railway station in Buttonville
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #54 on: 05 Oct 2009, 08:47 »

Since last night zombies attacked the barricades and tore them all down. This is where I have been the whole time, though.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Merrick

• Larger than most fish
  • Officially Awesome
« Reply #55 on: 05 Oct 2009, 10:41 »

dudes i'm in but was wandering aimlessly just puching barricades, shooting people and finding bullets HELP ME
I am in desperate need of a life and common sense.

Quintessentially British.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #56 on: 05 Oct 2009, 10:49 »

Where are you exactly? This would be pretty helpful.

Also, what is your name for when someone finds you?
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #57 on: 05 Oct 2009, 11:36 »

We need a meeting place! I would suggest somewhere around Shore Hills because it is in the center of the map and is also a safe zone!
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #58 on: 05 Oct 2009, 12:22 »

made another character to play with while Anders Mjolner is busy getting munched by zombies. name's Captain Eaglebone and i'm holed up in a firestation in Shackleville right now. will head towards Shore Hills when i get more AP.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #59 on: 05 Oct 2009, 12:34 »

I am playing as Mr Troll, military scout. Right now I am in the Kemmis Buiding, but I used all of my action points to get here, so it's going to take a while for me to be up and running again. Then I have a police officer for my other character, but I don't even know where they're at right now. Whoops.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #60 on: 05 Oct 2009, 12:37 »

I can see why, 10 (or even 15) AP to get back up is a lot better than the survivors get

Actually it's even better/worse than that, because one of the zombie skills allows you to spend just 1 AP to get back up.
...Can someone please explain to me how that seems like good game balance? It seems to me like zombies get pretty much every advantage at later levels. They move as fast as humans, they can get back up from being killed (which probably takes about 10 AP with fully-loaded shotguns) with 1 AP, they can have as much accuracy and power as a human with a fully-skilled fire axe, the only advantage the humans have is the barricades.

I'm good with meeting up somewhere, if we decide where before about 4AM GMT, I'll start moving with this day's AP.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #61 on: 05 Oct 2009, 12:41 »

I am in Millen Hills (wherever the hell that is) as a scout and in the Legatt Hotel.  Come find me!  I don't know what I'm doing!
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #62 on: 05 Oct 2009, 12:41 »

Shearbank!

Aw, man, I dunno what got fixed but now if I leave the building I can't get back in again without the free-running skill. Dammit.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Nodaisho

« Reply #63 on: 05 Oct 2009, 12:53 »

Maybe there is a grace period for new players to get back into their starting building?

Puki

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #64 on: 05 Oct 2009, 13:31 »

I am curently in Pimpbank, in a warehouse, waiting for my APs to fill up somewhat, then I'm heading further to the Shore Hills. Jefferson Hellie (yeah, original).
I had a problem with punching or shooting zombies (wasted, like, half of my APs trying to shoot one, but no hits) - is it a glitch or a feature?

Is there a qc group somewhere we should join?
« Last Edit: 06 Oct 2009, 15:04 by Puki »

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #65 on: 05 Oct 2009, 13:47 »

...Can someone please explain to me how that seems like good game balance? It seems to me like zombies get pretty much every advantage at later levels.

It's true, zombies basically become low-tech Terminators once they have all the skills. The reason for this is twofold:

One, it helps compensate for the lower number of zombies. For various reasons, not the least of which being that people just naturally prefer playing survivors, usually survivors outnumber zombies. In most zombie movies or whatever the main reason zombies are so menacing is that they vastly outnumber the survivors. When that isn't the case, they need to be made more menacing somehow. Which relates to point two...

Two, in a game about a zombie apocalypse you want the combat odds to be tipped in favor of zombies. Zombies should have an aura of menace about them, and you shit your pants every time you get into a scuffle with one. "Balance" in this case isn't about both sides having an equal chance of victory in battle, it's about the overall fun level of the game. While zombies are just straightforward killing machines (well the one exception is that they can gain the ability to speak sort-of, and so zombies sometimes moan amusing quips when they break into a building and see survivors,) survivors can do all sorts of things besides combat to help them survive, such as barricading, healing, and reviving. Really, combat is about the least useful things survivors can do, in large part because zombies have such an overwhelming advantage in combat. Unless you have a specific reason for attacking a zombie (you're clearing out a building, or you just need the XP) then you should always run.

To put it another way, the game is not setup to reward players who try to be a badass (those players often dress their character in a black trenchcoat, and thus experienced players derisively refer to them as "trenchers.") The game rewards players who actually do sensible things to try to survive (ie. run away from the zombies.)
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2009, 14:04 by jhocking »

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #66 on: 05 Oct 2009, 14:19 »

Oh, the joys of newbdom. I'm now asleep outside of a extremely barricaded building because someone bumped it up a couple levels while I was out.

This is exceptionally annoying because in the short time since I started my character I have acquired a radio and 4 first aid kits to go along with my Pistol and two clips of ammo. I was feeling about as safe as I could at level 1.
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2009, 14:53 by Alex C »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
« Reply #67 on: 05 Oct 2009, 14:49 »

Fuck this, making a new character. The Mighty Cupcake, a Necroscientist fella in Dunningwood at the moment.
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2009, 14:51 by Thomas Edison »

I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #68 on: 05 Oct 2009, 14:51 »

I would tell you all to come join me, but I think the building I'm in is heavily fortified, so not many of you could even get in. Perhaps somewhere near the city center?
Liz is touching me.

Puki

« Reply #69 on: 05 Oct 2009, 14:52 »

I believe it's Shore Hills, as Melodic suggested it and no one had anything against it.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #70 on: 05 Oct 2009, 14:55 »

Well yeah, I'm in Shore Hills, but I thought the question was what building/spot we would meet in. Make some sort of fortification somewhere and hang out.
Liz is touching me.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #71 on: 05 Oct 2009, 14:56 »

Ooh, ooh, i'm in Pegton now.

I was on my way to Heytown. I think it may be better to go to Pegton or Heytown though as there are more safe areas there so we would be less likely to get attacked while meeting up.

Suburb Map

The Suburb map shows a lot of safe areas in the North East while Shore Hills is pretty close to some very sketchy areas.
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2009, 14:59 by the_pied_piper »

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #72 on: 05 Oct 2009, 14:56 »

Same here, I'm in Pegton. And just managed to get into (relative) safety. Named Alejandro Calderon, btw.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
« Reply #73 on: 05 Oct 2009, 14:59 »

I'm in Pegton, but I cant find out what building I'm in as I'm asleep. I suggest we make two seperate bands of survivors for now, one in Pegton, one in Heytown. We'll then meet up elsewhere as a collective.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #74 on: 05 Oct 2009, 15:01 »

Sorry, i am still in Edgecombe but i am right on the border in the Collinns Building.

We could meet up in the Isgar Museum which is 3 blocks into the West section of Pegton.

Pegton Map

Name is K'Vat Hi'Lichut in case you see me first.
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2009, 15:06 by the_pied_piper »

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #75 on: 05 Oct 2009, 15:03 »

I have acquired a radio

Ditch the radio, it's a waste of encumbrance. Radios are useless because morons clog the airwaves with spam.

Well yeah, I'm in Shore Hills, but I thought the question was what building/spot we would meet in. Make some sort of fortification somewhere and hang out.

Planning on a specific building in usually pointless, because by the time everyone gets there the state of the suburb could be very different from what it is now, and anyway you don't usually want all be in the same building, nor do you want to sit in one place for longer than like a night. The best way to group up is to plan on a suburb to all head to, and once everyone is there and safe you start coordinating who does what.

Incidentally, I was reflecting a bit more about what I said to nodaisho, about how enjoyment in the game doesn't come from being a badass. If you guys form a group here that's the best way to enjoy the game. Kevan should make Urban Dead a Facebook game now that I think about it, because it's really a social game like Mafia or something. The most satisfying play experiences I recall were times my group formulated and executed intricate plans that helped us beat the odds and keep surviving, and intricate survival plans generally involve a lot of trusting that your teammates will protect your ass rather than running away.
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2009, 15:07 by jhocking »

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
« Reply #76 on: 05 Oct 2009, 15:06 »

Right, all Pegton-ers head for The Isgar Museum when possible. We'll band together and get a plan together from there. Make sure to say if you're heading our way so we know who the heck to wait for. I'll head there in the morning when I have full AP.

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #77 on: 05 Oct 2009, 15:07 »

Can somebody please revive me? I'm at Errington Crescent in Tollyton.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

Puki

« Reply #78 on: 05 Oct 2009, 15:08 »

I'll head to Pegton then (in the morning - in about 12 or so hours), because I'm currently in Pimbank (not Pimpbank, as I thought). For the time being, I've put the group I belong to name "Infinite Pony", as I had nothing better to do.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #79 on: 05 Oct 2009, 15:10 »

I'm tempted to make a new player and join up. It's not like Urban Dead wastes lots of time, it's purposely designed for people like me.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #80 on: 05 Oct 2009, 15:11 »

Alright, I'll move my characters over to Pegton. Might take a while as I'm out of AP for both of them. But I'm on my way!
Liz is touching me.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #81 on: 05 Oct 2009, 15:13 »

Should be a bit careful about having both characters in the same area; I dunno how well they keep track of such things, but they've got a pretty firm policy on alts operating in the same areas.

Nodaisho

« Reply #82 on: 05 Oct 2009, 15:13 »

I can probably get to either Pegton or Shore Hills, Shore Hills would be trickier, since I would have to either get close to or go through Mockridge or Stanbury. Pegton is less central, but it also has a lot more green areas near it. The wiki says that Dentonside and Vinetown have quieted down some, but they were very active within the past week or so. Anyone in Pegton notice activity spilling over?

Scratch that, then, since 5 people posted while I was looking at the maps, I'll head for the museum when I get enough AP to make it there comfortably. What barricade status is it at currently? I've currently only got 12 XP, no freerunning for a while.

7 people now... FFS stop posting so I can post.

edit: I think they have a penalty implemented on all of your chances to do stuff if they are both within 15 blocks or so, you aren't supposed to have your characters interact at all.
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2009, 15:18 by Nodaisho »

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #83 on: 05 Oct 2009, 15:20 »

Oooh, good point Alex. I will let my crappy stupid character become a zombie and wreak havoc somewhere else. He is taking a nap outside as I type this, so perhaps he will die a terrible death.
Liz is touching me.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #84 on: 05 Oct 2009, 15:23 »

The firefighter 420smokeweed currently resides in Hulin, I think.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #85 on: 05 Oct 2009, 15:25 »

I am almost there! In Crowbank even!
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

Nodaisho

« Reply #86 on: 05 Oct 2009, 15:28 »

isgar museum is currently unbarricaded and occupied by one zombie, I'll let someone else take care of that, I'll hole up in a VSB place in Pegton until then.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #87 on: 05 Oct 2009, 15:38 »

Ok, looks like Isgar Museum isn't unguarded like i hoped. Anyone in the area could suggest another building that everyone can get into not too far away?

EDIT: Oh dear, i am stuck outside asleep in Pegton a couple of blocks from the Isgar Museum. Hopefully i can move to safety in an hour as long as i am not dead.
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2009, 15:42 by the_pied_piper »

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #88 on: 05 Oct 2009, 15:39 »

I just made a scout named Mr Bonk and I'm on my way to Pegton, but had to stop in Stanbury Village.

Bonk.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #89 on: 05 Oct 2009, 15:47 »

Anders Mjolner is currently lying dead somewhere in Dunnell Hills
Captain Eaglebone is resting in a hospital or museum in Shackleville

i'm thinking about having zombified Anders Mjolner come and munge your guys' faces off . . . .when he finally musters up the strength to stand up, that is.  :evil:
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Nodaisho

« Reply #90 on: 05 Oct 2009, 15:51 »

I'm in Beagly Auto Repair, it is at VSB, three people in it. Not ideal, but better than the other VSB places I found in Pegton, I think some of them were entry points, but 9 people in there is likely to get a bit more attention than I want. I didn't check everywhere, though. Just some places north and east of Isgar.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #91 on: 05 Oct 2009, 15:55 »

Alright, currently chillin' in the Panes Building in Ruddlebank.

Consumer by the name of Tha Funk.

I have no idea what I'm doing.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #92 on: 05 Oct 2009, 16:22 »

My dude (zombified) is currently in front of the Frappell building in Shuttlebank. Hopefully this NecroTech is working because I wanna get revivified. Someone find me? My name is Jean Luc Midgett.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
« Reply #93 on: 05 Oct 2009, 16:25 »

Alright, Pegtonpeople, get your asses to Pyke Auto Repair. I'm there with 4 other strangers, but it's nice and barricaded yet accesible.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #94 on: 05 Oct 2009, 16:31 »

Man, pegton is miles away.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #95 on: 05 Oct 2009, 16:33 »

...I just burned my points to get into Pyke's Auto and there's a dude in there with all zombie skills.

Nice.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #96 on: 05 Oct 2009, 16:36 »

I also made a firefighter named Huddahud so I might go with him even though Mr Bonk is more survivable, since Huddahud can actually get XP at a decent rate.

Huddahuddahudda.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
« Reply #97 on: 05 Oct 2009, 16:37 »

I never said I was good at this game.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #98 on: 05 Oct 2009, 16:38 »

Ok, i am not very happy right now. Some zombie has just killed me then seems to have wandered off to the cemetery to be revivified.

If anyone can revive me i am outside of the Linney Museum in the West section of Pegton.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #99 on: 05 Oct 2009, 16:47 »

Forget all you East-Siders. I am lying revived in a cemetery on the west end of Lerwill Heights pondering my next move. I'd like to meet up with everyone as quickly as possible, but I'm a little hesitant about running Ridleybank at such a low level. Anyone else around me might wanna posse together?
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32   Go Up