THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: QC vs Zombies!  (Read 138992 times)

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
Re: QC vs Zombies!
« Reply #100 on: 05 Oct 2009, 16:55 »

i'm in Shackleville right now and my zone just got comprimized so i'm gonna start moving towards Galbraith Hills and try to find somewhere secure to replenish my AP since it's only at 4 right now.

oh yeah, name's Captain Eaglebone, by the way.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #101 on: 05 Oct 2009, 16:56 »

I can move towards Shore Hills and try to meet up with you?
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #102 on: 05 Oct 2009, 16:58 »

sounds good. i'm sleeping in a museum right now but i'll try to make some actual progress later tonight or tomorrow.
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #103 on: 05 Oct 2009, 17:28 »

Well I killed one of my characters, the other is holed up somewhere on his way to Pegton or whatever that place is called. I'm on my way!
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #104 on: 05 Oct 2009, 17:33 »

Ok. I'm holed up in St. Theresa's at the southeast end of Shore Hills. I got a little ways into Galbraith but realized that its yellow status is very much deserved. I'll get some sleep in here.
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #105 on: 05 Oct 2009, 17:54 »

So should we make a zombie group as well as a survivor group? Seems like a lot of people have zombie alts, I'm thinking about making one.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #106 on: 05 Oct 2009, 17:56 »

Mine was accidental, but yeah, he'll be a zombie as soon as I have enough experience points for him to stand up. Let's have a zombie group. Undead Serious Ponies?
Liz is touching me.

Nodaisho

« Reply #107 on: 05 Oct 2009, 18:02 »

If we are going Serious Ponies for the survivor group name (did I miss a decision, or have we not decided yet?), how about Serious Brains for the zombies?

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #108 on: 05 Oct 2009, 18:04 »

Serious Shamblers Collective

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • om nom nom nom
« Reply #109 on: 05 Oct 2009, 18:11 »

Woo, I made a doctor named Chuck Forrest.  I'm currently residing in Matthias General Hospital.

And I keep scrounging up first aid kits, which I'm guessing is like IV hitpoints or something.

Not sure where this Pegton place is, but I figure the internet will tell me where to go.

Edit: Hooray for maps!  It looks like there's a way I can (hopefully) just waltz through relatively safe territory on the way to Pegton.
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2009, 18:23 by SWOON! at My Gravitas »

Nodaisho

« Reply #110 on: 05 Oct 2009, 18:27 »

Looking on this map, it looks like you are in Brooksville. Your best bet would either be to meet up with the people in Shore Hills (if they aren't headed to Pegton), skirt around or run like hell through Mockridge Heights, go through Shackleville, and find someplace to hole up in Tollyton, it is pretty quiet there, but you don't want to be caught sleeping outdoors. Should take about 28 AP to get to Tollyton, giving you plenty to find someplace to hide once you get there. Day after that, get to Pegton, or wherever we are planning on meeting after that.

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • om nom nom nom
« Reply #111 on: 05 Oct 2009, 18:38 »

Made it to Shackleville before I ran out of action points.  I'm currently holed up in St. Anselm's Church...which has barricades, but not barricades so heavy that I can't enter.  Which I guess is nice.

Man, this game is a whole lot more complicated than I thought it'd be.  I like it.

Nodaisho

« Reply #112 on: 05 Oct 2009, 18:48 »

Yeah, there is a lot of thought to it, since you can only take 50 actions per day (well, 25 hours, so even more than a day).

edit: If anyone in Pegton needs a place to hole up, I'm in a warehouse north of Beagly Auto Repair with a couple level 1s, barricaded at very strong, not sure what level of very strong. Lights are on, but juicier places are nearby.
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2009, 18:54 by Nodaisho »

wargrafix

• Furry furrier
  • Faydora and Fayven, its so hard to choose!
« Reply #113 on: 05 Oct 2009, 19:45 »

hanners will fuck them all.
Help bring back the dragons!

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #114 on: 05 Oct 2009, 20:55 »

Alright so I just created a character named Slick Donnie, and coincidentally I started in Pegton! So I just tagged a bunch of zombies for XP (I'm a lab tech) and now I'm holed up in a building in the southwest part of the suburb. There's really little point in us actually being in the same building, you should always be moving when playing this game, the main thing is to be in the same suburb so that we can work together.

I figure we should all just congregate in the same suburb and then concentrate on gaining XP until we all have a few levels and can thus actually be able to do enough different things that we can strategize. We may actually want to move to a different suburb later, because while this looks like a good place to start out, eventually we might want to go someplace that isn't already so well covered by other survivor groups.

Also, for anyone else coming to Pegton there are plentiful VS buildings here. It's pretty easy to find a safehouse that you don't need freerunning to enter, so that's good.
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2009, 21:01 by jhocking »

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #115 on: 05 Oct 2009, 21:21 »

alright! Seems like while i was at kendo xombies broke in the building and fucked up about everyone. I have 11 HP and an infected wound and I am currently in Kinch Heights.

Is it worth it to try and shamble towards pegton or should i head towards the nearest revive point?
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #116 on: 05 Oct 2009, 21:24 »

Woop created a better character called Paul Havenhand. I'm a scout in Butson Boulevard School, with 4 other guys and a working generator.
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Nodaisho

« Reply #117 on: 05 Oct 2009, 21:25 »

Emilio, I am pretty sure the infection hits you every time you make an action, you need to either get to a revive spot or find a medic.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #118 on: 05 Oct 2009, 23:01 »

Rhythmic is at Pegton and hiding in the museum. I expended most of my ammunition on the way over, so tomorrow will be a scavenging run to the police department for additional rounds and maybe a shotgun. From there, I'm open to suggestions. I want to build an HQ!
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Nodaisho

« Reply #119 on: 05 Oct 2009, 23:24 »

We probably ought to wait until we are higher level before picking out an HQ, we wouldn't be much use at this point.

Is it possible to trade items with other survivors? I'm just thinking that as a fireman, I won't have much use for a bunch of pistols and ammo, so if I find any in a search, it could probably be used better by someone else.

Finin

• Obscure cultural reference
  • scratch marchin'
« Reply #120 on: 05 Oct 2009, 23:42 »

Everyone's first skill they should buy, if they didn't pick a scout, is free running.  Moving from one building to the other is essential, these groups of buildings are referred to as compounds and always have one to a few entrances that are kept at VSB+2 (Very heavily barricaded +2).  Anyone can enter these buildings but they are not good hideouts, it is not every difficult for only a couple zombies to take out an entrance.

This does not mean you should make a bunch of alts as you are only allowed 150ap a day for your ip address.

Nodaisho

« Reply #121 on: 05 Oct 2009, 23:51 »

I thought it was 160 hits on the game screen per IP?

I've currently got 12 XP, but once I actually hit enemies more than 1 in 10 times (with my 30% chance), I'll use the XP I get to get free running.

Sadly, I managed to get more XP on the character that I am planning on turning into a zombie than on the main character. That scanner is nice, got 20XP easy, without really knowing what I was doing. Now hopefully nobody bothers knocking down the barricades on an otherwise dark and nondescript building, because I am right near an orange area.

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #122 on: 06 Oct 2009, 00:28 »

What other ways are there to get XP? As a cop, the best I've been doing is shooting at stray zombies.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Dollface

• Bling blang blong blung
  • And i thought there would be breasts.
« Reply #123 on: 06 Oct 2009, 00:44 »

Rhythmic is at Pegton and hiding in the museum. I expended most of my ammunition on the way over, so tomorrow will be a scavenging run to the police department for additional rounds and maybe a shotgun. From there, I'm open to suggestions. I want to build an HQ!

Im comming there.
Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

Nodaisho

« Reply #124 on: 06 Oct 2009, 00:51 »

http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/XP

I have mostly just been attacking zombies, but on my lab tech I used the DNA extractor, 4 XP on each zombie, and it seemed to hit much more often than the attacks did on my fireman.

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #125 on: 06 Oct 2009, 00:56 »

Calenlass is in Shearbank waiting on Eric/Hamhands/whatever his screenname is (I forgot). Kirk ClimbingaMtn is in Mornington and would like to play Mornington Crescent with whomever.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Dollface

« Reply #126 on: 06 Oct 2009, 00:58 »

Im there and almost got my ass killed.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #127 on: 06 Oct 2009, 01:02 »

Jussi, name is what?
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Dollface

« Reply #128 on: 06 Oct 2009, 01:03 »

Deff dred (scout)

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #129 on: 06 Oct 2009, 01:15 »

Alright, so I passed out somewhere in Greentown.

Anyone want to come watch over a sleeping body (preferably not zombie)?
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

CardinalFang

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #130 on: 06 Oct 2009, 03:08 »

Calenlass is in Shearbank waiting on Eric/Hamhands/whatever his screenname is (I forgot). Kirk ClimbingaMtn is in Mornington and would like to play Mornington Crescent with whomever.

*waves*
I just got to you. I managed to go to the wrong NT building last night. Oooops.
My character's name is C Fang.
(From Gabbly) Jodizzle: no sad deaths apart from the eaten kitten

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #131 on: 06 Oct 2009, 04:50 »

Is it worth it to try and shamble towards pegton or should i head towards the nearest revive point?

If you were closer I would say shamble over and look for a revive and heal here since that way you wouldn't have to worry about zombies along the way, but you are pretty far and survivors move twice as fast as zombies (at least at low levels.) So I would say look for a revive and heal now, run toward Pegton as fast as you can, and if you are killed again along the way then shamble the rest of the way.

Is it possible to trade items with other survivors? I'm just thinking that as a fireman, I won't have much use for a bunch of pistols and ammo, so if I find any in a search, it could probably be used better by someone else.

No it is not possible to trade. People often wish they could, but the obvious reason that isn't allowed is to prevent people from having an alt do all the searching and then simply hand the good stuff to their main character.

Also, if you find pistols and ammo keep them. Even if you have no use for them now, you'll eventually want them and keeping them will save you the searching later. It's not like you need the room in your inventory for anything else.

What other ways are there to get XP? As a cop, the best I've been doing is shooting at stray zombies.

That's pretty much the best way for a cop to gain XP. One of the downsides of UD is that it takes so long for a beginning player to get up to speed. It would be nice if there were an easier beginners area where you could gain your first couple levels before being released into the more difficult wider city, but oh well. Once you gain several levels (and more to the point, gain the most useful skills) XP becomes a pretty minor concern because you'll get XP incidentally as you just go about doing survivor stuff like healing people and clearing zombies out of breached buildings.

It's too bad you don't gain XP for building barricades, since building barricades is one of if not the main activity of survivors, but then if you got XP for building barricades you'd probably gain XP too quickly for game balance. By the time you're building barricades you don't really need XP anymore.

Also, another good tip for everyone: always carry around at least one FAK (first aid kit.) That's so that you can heal your own infection in you get bitten. Getting infected is pretty common, and it sucks to have to move around to find healing while infected.
« Last Edit: 06 Oct 2009, 05:05 by jhocking »

the_pied_piper

« Reply #132 on: 06 Oct 2009, 05:16 »

I am now a zombie in the north-western cemetery in Pegton. Could someone bring me back to life if they can please?
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #133 on: 06 Oct 2009, 06:14 »

None of us can because we've all just started out too; the first one who'll be able to revive others is me probably, and it'll be a couple levels before I get that ability. Just stand at a revive point or cemetery and in a couple hours some random person will probably swing by to help you out.
« Last Edit: 06 Oct 2009, 07:58 by jhocking »

Radical AC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Could use a wish right now
    • bookface
« Reply #134 on: 06 Oct 2009, 07:50 »

Oh noes, my character is gone.

That was years ago though.  I used to be in the LUE zombie hoard, and took part in LollapaLUEza.  We pretty much were a scourge, killing every main human group and the best fortified areas against zeds in the entire game.  Something about 400 level 1 and 2 zombies banging on the walls of a mall held by the most experienced and best armed human players in the game amused me.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #135 on: 06 Oct 2009, 09:12 »

Eric I only have 17 AP. Whatchoo wanna do?

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #136 on: 06 Oct 2009, 09:44 »

So I got Revivified, but I only have 15AP. I'm on Look Road in Shuttlebank. Is that close to anyone? I'll probably wait a while though before I wake up so I recharge my AP.

ackblom12

« Reply #137 on: 06 Oct 2009, 10:30 »

Ok, Stephen Hamhands is a firefighter in the Spice Hills Firhouse. I can't leave at this point because I used all 50 AP taking down a zombie and almost a 2nd (damn you 25% to hit!) but it's gotten me 49xp. If I can head out later today I'll start to head north and escape the area, if not, I'll try and get a level out of this and get free running so I can escape.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #138 on: 06 Oct 2009, 10:35 »

Someone un-zombied my original character, so now I need to figure out something to do with him. The character I like is in Pimbank, so I've almost made it to Pegton. Have we figured out a good place to meet up there yet?
Liz is touching me.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #139 on: 06 Oct 2009, 10:49 »

Someone said Isgar Museum, but I'm just going to be in the general Pegton area rather than necessarily camping out in one spot with everyone else. As Jhocking pointed out, turning one building into a buffet table isn't really the best idea. I'm thinking I'll probably reroll as a doctor or necrotech employee and just concentrate on being an EMT of sorts. The skills I suspect I really want are Revive, Diagnosis and Freerunning anyway, after all. Maybe shopping and Bargain Hunting eventually.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

ackblom12

« Reply #140 on: 06 Oct 2009, 11:09 »

OH SHIT A ZOMBIE BROKE THROUGH THE BARRICADES! SHIT SHIT SHIT!

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #141 on: 06 Oct 2009, 11:17 »

Don't go fucking near Isgar Museum. Just got royally fucked over there, hiding in a hospital to the east. Lots of zombies milling around west Pegton.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #142 on: 06 Oct 2009, 11:24 »

It appears my old characters are still active (if both thoroughly dead), so I should have one of them over to Pegton in a day or so depending on how quickly I get revived.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Dollface

« Reply #143 on: 06 Oct 2009, 11:26 »

Don't go fucking near Isgar Museum. Just got royally fucked over there, hiding in a hospital to the east. Lots of zombies milling around west Pegton.

you were lucky, few guys (including me got killed) but in north if you look at the mab there is safer.

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #144 on: 06 Oct 2009, 13:00 »

I'm seeing a lot of players around but I can't tell who is from here and who isn't. Need a grooouuup.

ackblom12

« Reply #145 on: 06 Oct 2009, 13:01 »

oh shiiiiiiit the firehouse is invaded. I'm infected but I got outside at least. I'm gonna try to run my ass off as I get APs.

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #146 on: 06 Oct 2009, 13:08 »

I created the group Serious Ponies so everybody join OR ELSE!
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #147 on: 06 Oct 2009, 13:18 »

I'm in on the Serious Ponies group.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

loco_banana

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Shakespeare meets Leatherface
    • Totally awesome
« Reply #148 on: 06 Oct 2009, 13:35 »

I joined, don't hit me.
"Life's a bitch, and if I meet her, I'ma tell her."

[00:53] dominik: so, here's to you
= he did a shot to me, and I to him. International Friendship +1

Nodaisho

« Reply #149 on: 06 Oct 2009, 13:59 »

I'll join, is pegton mostly overrun, or is it just that area? I've got my 50 AP now, so I'm going to be venturing out of the hiding spot. Has a guy with nothing but zombie skills in it now anyway, don't want to hang around him.

edit: crap, I guess I need to give myself 15 AP to get to safety, rather than 10. Fell asleep in South pitneybank, trying to find someplace that isn't EHB.
« Last Edit: 06 Oct 2009, 14:04 by Nodaisho »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32   Go Up