THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 15:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: QC vs Zombies!  (Read 139058 times)

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
Re: QC vs Zombies!
« Reply #250 on: 08 Oct 2009, 22:07 »

By the way, adding people to your contacts list counts as server hits, and that is what they only allow 160 of. Totally worth it, though, I now have all of Brooksville colour-coded with Captain Kirk.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Puki

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #251 on: 09 Oct 2009, 02:12 »

Incidentally, did you heal puki? He probably wouldn't still be there but I'm curious if you'd seen his message and healed him. He was right outside the building you're in.

Hey, I've been healed! Nice. I'm still somewhat confused about this game (didn't catch who healed me, but thanks!) currently I'm somewhere around that same hospital, in a building, sleeping. Bah, I have a survivor skills of a lemming. But I'll catch up.

Thanks to anyone who healed me!

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #252 on: 09 Oct 2009, 07:44 »

So, some asshole upped the barricade level of the Fire station I was crashing at (although there were sprays in and outside asking to keep it at SB so it can be an entry point) and I'm asleep out front. Though the place seems to be fairly zombie free, so I'm hoping I'll be okay and be able to get back in later.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #253 on: 09 Oct 2009, 07:47 »

Okay, I've got all the handgun and shotgun skills, and freerunning, and 100 xp. Since I'm military, I can only afford misc skills. which one should I take?
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

ackblom12

« Reply #254 on: 09 Oct 2009, 07:48 »

Ok, in all seriousness, Free Running or Hand to Hand for my fireman first? I'm in a currently pretty kushy VSB building and 15xp from getting my first skill.

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #255 on: 09 Oct 2009, 08:13 »

Guys, barricader needed at St.Birgitta's church in Pegton. Last check 1 zombie hacking at the barricade, 3 more 1 block to the east and 3 more 1 block to the north-east.

Also, general area update: Peppardville, a former safe suburb directly north-west of Pegton, is now moderately dangerous and it is quite possible that the zombies will start spilling into Pegton so keep your eyes and ears open unless you want to lose them.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #256 on: 09 Oct 2009, 08:16 »

Okay, I've got all the handgun and shotgun skills, and freerunning, and 100 xp. Since I'm military, I can only afford misc skills. which one should I take?

Either Construction or Shopping, it's a toss up. Construction allows you to barricade buildings, which is the only long-term defense against zombies, but on the other hand taking Shopping (and then Bargain Hunting after that) will make it so much easier to stock up on ammo in malls.

Ok, in all seriousness, Free Running or Hand to Hand for my fireman first? I'm in a currently pretty kushy VSB building and 15xp from getting my first skill.

Freerunning. Every survivor should get freerunning as soon as possible. You'll want Hand to Hand next, but the first skill you get should be Freerunning.

Finin

• Obscure cultural reference
  • scratch marchin'
« Reply #257 on: 09 Oct 2009, 08:26 »

someone better revive me when i get to pegton, i forgot how horrible it is to move around as a lvl 1 zombie

ackblom12

« Reply #258 on: 09 Oct 2009, 08:37 »

Alright, I'll get free running, probably hang out in this building until it seems liek it might be compromised and/or I get my 2nd skill and get the hell out of dodge.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #259 on: 09 Oct 2009, 09:00 »

crap well so much for earning Freerunning tomorrow morning, I doubt I'll have enough AP to do it now. On the plus side, I just got lucky and happened to log in to check on my character at the same time that a zed was pounding on the doors, so I was able to move to a new safehouse when I saw the barricades start collapsing.

@snalin: Another thought to consider is saving up XP to spend on zombie skills next time you are killed. Even if you don't really play as a zombie, skills like Lurching Gait and Ankle Grab are useful to get you back on your feet faster after you've been killed.
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2009, 11:07 by jhocking »

Nodaisho

« Reply #260 on: 09 Oct 2009, 12:00 »

Melodic, I saw your message ingame. I don't know of any police stations that aren't EHB in Pegton, or anywhere else really. Haven't been looking, since I don't have any gun skills.

edit: Anyone with revive, Tha Funk is zombified outside of the Isgar Museum. Or maybe he is dead, I wasn't eager to hang around the three zombies too long. I'm sure he would appreciate a revive.
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2009, 12:03 by Nodaisho »
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #261 on: 09 Oct 2009, 12:05 »

I can't get XP without ammo, and I can't get into places with ammo without more XP. Good thing I've got an alt to keep me busy
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #262 on: 09 Oct 2009, 12:10 »

That Catch-22 is precisely why the barricade plans for most suburbs say not to barricade police stations too high, but a lot of people do anyway. For reference, this behavior is considered a form of griefing:
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/EH-bitching

Nodaisho

« Reply #263 on: 09 Oct 2009, 12:11 »

Have you checked the ones in Pitneybank? They are supposed to be kept at VSB.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #264 on: 09 Oct 2009, 12:14 »

Anyone with revive, Tha Funk is zombified outside of the Isgar Museum. Or maybe he is dead, I wasn't eager to hang around the three zombies too long. I'm sure he would appreciate a revive.

Well, thats one of the 4 zombies there accounted for.

I would not recommend going to St.Birgitta's Church in Pegton right now unless you have Barricade as a skill as there are z's all around ready to pound down the remainder of the light barricades that are left. Anybody nearby can head over to Edgecombe and Vine Grove School on the border. It is VSB so fine for all and i am there alone currently though some generator fuel would be appreciated.

General Area Update: As of October 9th, Spracklingbank has been downgraded to moderately dangerous. While not directly next to Pegton it was in the heart of the general north-east safe area and z's have broken into the mall that is there. No doubt they will be looking for somewhere to go and with the seeming zombie build-up in the north-east they will probably be looking to infest any safe areas. Peace out survivors, and remember: eyes and ears are more useful to survivors than zombies.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #265 on: 09 Oct 2009, 12:18 »

Huddahud I think is going to become my main. He's currently in Lerwill Heights, with axe handling and hand-to-hand, 3XP from level 3 where I'm going to get free running and try to join the group with him.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #266 on: 09 Oct 2009, 13:52 »

I'm sure he would appreciate a revive.

By the middle of next week I should have Lab Experience, and then I'll start concentrating on reviving people, with any Serious Ponies being the first people I revive when I check revive points. That is, if we can decide on a revive point* then I'll start checking there daily once I can do revives, and anyone in my contacts (ie. you guys) will be the first people I revive.

*We should pick whatever is the revive point nearest to the NT building. Which building is the NT? I must be blind, because I don't see it on the map:
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Pegton#Suburb_Map

EDIT: Found it, it's the Rowcliffe Building. So once I get Lab Experience I'll start hanging around Somerville Boulevard to check that revive point frequently.
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2009, 13:55 by jhocking »

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #267 on: 09 Oct 2009, 16:00 »

there seems to be quite a few zombies invading Pegton. obviously there is a group at  St. Matthew's Hospital (already mentioned) but now there are several small groups to the north west of there as well. I'm holed up with no AP in Peagly Auto Parts or something and there are several small groups directly to the West of me by 3 blocks or so. So be careful, folks.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Nodaisho

« Reply #268 on: 09 Oct 2009, 16:06 »

If things do go bad, where should we run to? Especially since a lot of us don't have freerunning yet, we can't get into the EHB buildings, the VSB ones will probably be the first targets if bigger attacks happen. I'm a few XP away from second level, the RNG hates my axe.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #269 on: 09 Oct 2009, 16:15 »

North maybe? there seems to be a big cluster of green zones to the north. we'd probably be pretty safe up there for a grip.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #270 on: 09 Oct 2009, 16:35 »

North does look a lot safer than south, but this doesn't seem like a concerning rise in zombie levels to me. Admittedly it's been a long time since I was a new character so my sense of the danger level might not be so good for us, but unless you start seeing packs of a dozen zombies attacking important buildings like the hospitals I wouldn't worry too much. One or two zombies sprinkled throughout the suburb is pretty much as safe as Malton gets. Just exercise sensible caution about where you choose to sleep.

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • om nom nom nom
« Reply #271 on: 09 Oct 2009, 16:54 »

Couple of questions:

1. Does booze offer any benefit at all?  Or is it just needless encumbrance?

2. Is it possible to trade items (or give away stuff you don't need), or is dropping the only way to get rid of them?

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #272 on: 09 Oct 2009, 16:57 »

No benefit to booze.

Items cannot be traded, so drop stuff you don't need. Incidentally, when you edit your character settings you can decide what items you want to keep in searches. This doesn't actually change your search odds (I wish!) so you're just as likely to get the items you don't want, you just don't have to bother dropping them manually.

Here's a screenshot of my settings, it'll give you a sense of what items to keep and which are useless:

Note that there are a few useful items I have unchecked because I don't need them right now. These are the DNA Extractor (because I already have one,) fuel cans (too early to worry about fuel, gotta concentrate on gaining XP for now,) portable generators (ditto,) and toolboxes (can't use them without Construction anyway.)

Some people would say flare guns and radios are useful, but I think they are just a waste of encumbrance.
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2009, 17:06 by jhocking »

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #273 on: 09 Oct 2009, 16:58 »

I'm in a police dept. in Pitneybank, 1 suburb to the north of you. I've got a ton of guns but no real usefulness to a group as of yet. Getting baricade, so if you are having troubble with zeds breaking in tomorrow...

Nodaisho

« Reply #274 on: 09 Oct 2009, 17:12 »

As I understand it, wine heals one HP when you drink it. Not sure if the same goes for beer.

Snalin, is it at VSB? If so, Melodic would probably like to know which one, so he can get some ammo.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #275 on: 09 Oct 2009, 18:39 »

Can't you use booze to trash a generator somehow? Although there's not much use in that unless you're wanting to be an arse.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #276 on: 09 Oct 2009, 22:57 »

Thanks for the advice about Pitneybank -- finally in a police station again.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Nodaisho

« Reply #277 on: 10 Oct 2009, 00:01 »

Saw you had left the warehouse, glad the police station was actually at VSB. I'm 11 XP away from getting free-running, I'm having to stop myself from running off with only 25 AP and trying for it.

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #278 on: 10 Oct 2009, 00:18 »

Yo dude I am talking to you retrospectively.
« Last Edit: 10 Oct 2009, 00:41 by Melodic »

Nodaisho

« Reply #279 on: 10 Oct 2009, 00:32 »

I meant trying to get 11 XP off of a zombie, not go for the police station. Should have made those two separate paragraphs.

ackblom12

« Reply #280 on: 10 Oct 2009, 08:50 »

Alright, now that I have Free Running Something foreshadowing bad things has happened This Man: http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1504895 Apparently came into the hospital I'm in and broke the generator. He seems to be a career Zombie and as soonas I have a chance Tonight I'm going to start making my way to Greentown from Spicer Hills. If anyone is in the area I can try and meet up with you there before we head to Show Hills. I'm doing this with Stephen Hamhands.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #281 on: 10 Oct 2009, 09:11 »

Again, one bad thing happening isn't a reason to run. GKers (generator killers) are a common plague in Malton, especially in high-profile targets like hospitals, you see it all the time. Seeing a GKer isn't really foreshadowing of something, it's just a reminder not to be complacent because nowhere in Malton is truly safe.

ADDITION: whoah I just checked where Greentown and Spicer Hills are on the map. I thought we were gathering in Pegton, that's why I've been hanging around here.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #282 on: 10 Oct 2009, 09:49 »

Pegton is the general area for our survivors to gather in right now. Maybe when we're all together we can move to an area with more supplies though as Pegton seems pretty bare.

Right now i have made a run to Tollyton and holed up in a Fire Station to rest. I am looking for an axe if possible then i plan to make a run to a couple of hospitals to see if i can find some FAKs.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #283 on: 10 Oct 2009, 09:55 »

I wouldn't say that it's bare of supplies, there's a mall and a fort just a little north and the entrances to forts are usually at no more than VSB because nobody can freerun into them.
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #284 on: 10 Oct 2009, 09:59 »

guys, I'm now dead in Dentonside; I got into a building with good barricades, but failed to notice the dead body there.

What's the official ressurectingspot in Pegton?

the_pied_piper

« Reply #285 on: 10 Oct 2009, 10:10 »

The two cemeteries are revivification points, one in the north-west and one in the south-east.

The Mall and other useful surrounding buildings are in the north section of Pitneybank; not far away but not in Pegton itself.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #286 on: 10 Oct 2009, 10:17 »

I wouldn't say that it's bare of supplies, there's a mall and a fort just a little north and the entrances to forts are usually at no more than VSB because nobody can freerun into them.

Yeah I'm not sure where the sense is coming from that Pegton is bare of supplies. Not only is there a mall just one suburb north (any closer and you're in the path of zombies attacking the mall) but in Pegton itself there's an NT building, two fire stations, three hospitals, and four police stations. A resource-poor suburb is one that's not near any mall, has no NT building, and maybe one each of fire stations, hospitals, and police stations.

And remember what we discussed on previous pages about going outside your home suburb. That is, you'll venture into neighboring suburbs frequently, both for gathering supplies and for finding zombies to hunt. This is not a problem, it is normal.

What's the official ressurectingspot in Pegton?

Just a few posts up on this page...

By the middle of next week I should have Lab Experience, and then I'll start concentrating on reviving people, with any Serious Ponies being the first people I revive when I check revive points. That is, if we can decide on a revive point* then I'll start checking there daily once I can do revives, and anyone in my contacts (ie. you guys) will be the first people I revive.

*We should pick whatever is the revive point nearest to the NT building. Which building is the NT? I must be blind, because I don't see it on the map:
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Pegton#Suburb_Map

EDIT: Found it, it's the Rowcliffe Building. So once I get Lab Experience I'll start hanging around Somerville Boulevard to check that revive point frequently.

fyi, I had a really lucky day collecting XP today, so if all goes well (ie. I'm not killed) then I'll have Lab Experience in two days. Add another day for collecting syringes, and I'll start reviving people in three days.
« Last Edit: 10 Oct 2009, 10:31 by jhocking »

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #287 on: 10 Oct 2009, 11:14 »

Yeah, Pegton's actually got a pretty decent spread going. The only issue I've had has been with ammo, but that's just because people EHB'd all of the Police Stations, and that sort of paranoia can afflict any suburb. But as others have already pointed out, even that situation is pretty quickly fixed by a quick stop in Pitneybank.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Nodaisho

« Reply #288 on: 10 Oct 2009, 16:06 »

I came within two hits of killing a zombie, it had 30 HP to start with, I attacked it about 40 times, and got it down to 12 health before about 15 misses in a row, had to leave it with 6 HP because I had no more AP to spare.

If anyone wants to finish it, it is outside the Bennett Building.

On the bright side, I managed to get enough XP off of it to get free running. Next stop: hand to hand combat, and a slightly better chance to actually hit things with my axe.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #289 on: 10 Oct 2009, 16:08 »

Anyone in Tollyton: there is a 12-strong z-horde meandering through the suburb so keep an eye (preferably two) open and make sure you don't sleep outdoors.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #290 on: 10 Oct 2009, 17:09 »

Huddahud is now level 3, with full axe capablility and free running and I'm dunkr;
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #291 on: 11 Oct 2009, 15:28 »

My axe fighter is stuck pretty far off from Pegton, so I made another dude, Balthazar Montague.
http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1631718

I'm hanging out in St Matthews Hopsital in Pegton right now.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #292 on: 11 Oct 2009, 16:10 »

fuuuuuck I didn't leave myself enough AP to get back to safety. Now I'm stuck outside and there are zombies in adjacent blocks. I need exactly 3 AP to reach safety and I have 1 (I'm standing on a block with an EH building, and there's a ruined building next door) so I'm gonna have to log back in an hour and pray that I haven't been killed.

god how could I have been so stupid

ADDITION: I made it! whew that was tense. It'll be pretty ironic if zombies break into my safehouse now.
« Last Edit: 11 Oct 2009, 16:43 by jhocking »

Puki

« Reply #293 on: 11 Oct 2009, 16:26 »

Heh, well, I chose to sleep in a church, and zombies came and killed me in the meantime (St.Bruno's, Pegton). Now I'm waiting to build up AP to come to the cemetery.

Nodaisho

« Reply #294 on: 11 Oct 2009, 18:25 »

I'm in Sellek Way Fire Station, it's at EHB and the only other person there is Mr. Bonk, Ozy's scout. Warehouse to the northeast is at VSB, seems pretty safe to me.

If you have free running and you click from an EHB building to a street, are you risking taking damage, or does it assume that you want to get out like any survivor would get out of a heavily barricaded building?

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #295 on: 11 Oct 2009, 19:01 »

You'll just get out, far as I know the only way you take damage free running is if you run into a ruined building.

Nodaisho

« Reply #296 on: 11 Oct 2009, 19:03 »

Okay, thanks.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #297 on: 11 Oct 2009, 20:17 »

SirJuggles charging up AP in St. Matthews in Pegton with 10 FAKS. If anyone needs healing, I'm your man.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

ackblom12

« Reply #298 on: 12 Oct 2009, 05:39 »

alrighty, Nerdry the Lab tech has made it to Pegton and is currently in Pyke Auto Repair with some of you lovely folks.

Puki

« Reply #299 on: 12 Oct 2009, 06:26 »

"You are lying outside the Whicher Building, a fire-damaged grey-stone building with pillars along its front. The building has been extremely heavily barricaded - you can see no way to enter.

There are two dead bodies here."

Ok, so, I have to stop waiting to 10 ap to get up, and save some more to get up and run away somewhere. Someone (not a Serious Pony) dezombified me, but I am still useless.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32   Go Up