THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 18:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: QC vs Zombies!  (Read 139084 times)

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
Re: QC vs Zombies!
« Reply #300 on: 12 Oct 2009, 07:18 »

Huddahud is now in Roftwood, almost to Pegton. Gonna axe some zombies a question.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #301 on: 12 Oct 2009, 07:37 »

Man I am waiting at a revive point but nobody is coming to revive me. Ugh.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #302 on: 12 Oct 2009, 08:40 »

I got a revive instantly at Somerville Boulevard in Pegton, if you're not there already, give it a try.

there's way too many EHBs around, I keep on spending 10+ AP to get indoors.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #303 on: 12 Oct 2009, 09:07 »

Man I am waiting at a revive point but nobody is coming to revive me. Ugh.

Where are you? I found myself waiting for ages at the cemetery next to St Bruno's, but I got revived really fast when I moved to the one above the Norgan library up North in Pitneybank. That one's next to one Necrotech building and just three squares away from another, as well as being between the fort and the mall so it seems quite well staffed.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #304 on: 12 Oct 2009, 10:21 »

If you haven't already, I'd make sure to post a revive request on the DEM Revivification Request Manager. I found it got me up and running in a day.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #305 on: 12 Oct 2009, 10:37 »

Where are you? I found myself waiting for ages at the cemetery next to St Bruno's, but I got revived really fast when I moved to the one above the Norgan library up North in Pitneybank. That one's next to one Necrotech building and just three squares away from another, as well as being between the fort and the mall so it seems quite well staffed.

I was at the cemetery in south west Pegton. I made it up to Pitneybank but it nearly took all of my AP to get there, so if I get revived it will take me a while to make it back down into Pegton. Curses.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #306 on: 12 Oct 2009, 11:07 »

Man what the fuck Shearbank is green now? I need zombies to tag wah. Moved to Roachtown for now.

Also Kirk ClimbingaMtn is dead in North Blyville with 7AP. He was in a ESB building and within the last hour zombies brought down the barricades and killed him. I guess I will wait to fix that. It is 10 AP to stand up, right? and then like 2AP to shamble along a single block?
« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2009, 11:10 by calenlass »
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

ackblom12

« Reply #307 on: 12 Oct 2009, 13:14 »

DURRRRRRRRR!
« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2009, 13:36 by ackblom12 »

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #308 on: 12 Oct 2009, 13:16 »

Uh, I think you've got the wrong address
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • om nom nom nom
« Reply #309 on: 12 Oct 2009, 13:34 »

If I have learned anything from playing this game so far, it is that doctors are not well-suited to fighting zombies with fire axes.

Edit: So for all ambitious pre-med majors out there, it might be a good idea to minor in axe.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #310 on: 12 Oct 2009, 14:10 »

It is 10 AP to stand up, right? and then like 2AP to shamble along a single block?

That's right, at least until you get the zombie skills to move at the same rate as a human and stand up for 9 AP less than normal.
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #311 on: 12 Oct 2009, 14:15 »

This game. I'm trying to like it, really, but jesus christ all of these damn EHB buildings, frustrating the hell out of me. I picked cop to start, lost all 6 of my ammo without hitting the damn zombie once, ran like hell, and then it took me 30 AP to bash through the protection on a fire station. What the hell is the appeal?
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #312 on: 12 Oct 2009, 15:28 »

It's certainly not a game to everyone's tastes given its snail's pace and the fact that you can log in to find someone's gnawed on your brains during the night when you couldn't do anything about it, but you could make things a lot easier on yourself than they are at the moment.

It's really hard to break through barricades when you're at a low level, and once you've got enough XP to buy free running you'll almost never need to unless someone over-barricades a building you want kept at VSB. With 30 AP you would have been much better served just wandering around looking for a VSB building instead.

Cop's also a tricky starting class, since without free running it's hard to get the ammo for the pistol which is your best way of getting XP. If you're in a fire station anyway look for an axe, you'll miss a lot attacking with one (base accuracy is a poor 10%) but it ought to help you nonetheless, and flare guns will be useful to you too. Their accuracy is poor, but they do give an impressive 15 HP damage (30 if you attack the target with a fuel can first) and since you already have basic firearms training their accuracy is maxed out for you already. Also, you'll end up killing more zombies faster if you take the time to stock up on a lot of supplies before venturing out. Even if every shot hit, one loaded pistol will only do 30 HP of damage so not enough to drop a healthy zombie. That might sound a bit disheartening, but killing just two fully healthy zombies will give you more than enough XP for any skill so it's not actually too bad.

Though you spend pretty much all of your time running for your life when you start once you've got a decent skill set you can do a lot more, as well as dropping zombies a lot easier (100 XP will buy you the skill to bump your current pistol accuracy to 55%, which ought to ease your frustrations). A good location will make your life easier too. If you're near Pegton I'd recommend going north to Pitneybank and operating out of the fort. The barricades are typically kept at VSB, there's the ammo you need and you should be able to find enough zombies to kill to the south and west.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #313 on: 12 Oct 2009, 16:46 »

420smokeweed is back and kicking and holed up in the train station in Edgecomb. Tomorrow I arrive in Pegton.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Nodaisho

« Reply #314 on: 12 Oct 2009, 17:24 »

I just managed to get 50 XP in one day, somehow. 8 more and I'll have my third level.

There are quite a few small groups of zombies around Pegton, be sure to get inside before you fall asleep. There are 2 outside of the warehouse I have mentioned before, on the north border of Pegton. The building is still at VSB, but it only takes 8-10 hits to knock it down to nothing.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #315 on: 12 Oct 2009, 19:25 »

If I have learned anything from playing this game so far, it is that doctors are not well-suited to fighting zombies with fire axes.

The best way to gain XP as a new doctor is to heal people (earth shattering revelation.) Go to a hospital and scrounge up a bunch of FAKs. Then just keep an eye out for wounded survivors (doctors start with Diagnosis, the skill that allows you to see other people's HP) and heal any injured people you find. It's 5 XP per heal.

It is 10 AP to stand up, right? and then like 2AP to shamble along a single block?

That's right, at least until you get the zombie skills to move at the same rate as a human and stand up for 9 AP less than normal.

A couple pages ago I suggested that after buying your first few skills you might want to save up XP to get zombie skills next time you die. This is why; if you have 100 XP when you die you can buy Lurching Gait to move faster, and if you have another 100 XP after that you can get Ankle Grab and then you can stand up for 1 AP.

I just managed to get 50 XP in one day, somehow. 8 more and I'll have my third level.

Sometimes the RNG is just nice to you. You always notice when the rolls are going against you, but that's gotta be balanced out with days when every attack connects.
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2009, 14:29 by jhocking »

Nodaisho

« Reply #316 on: 12 Oct 2009, 19:38 »

Well, I used probably 41 AP attacking, as best as I can figure. 41/4 is 10.25, giving me 30.75XP plus the 10 from killing a zombie (had about 20 health to begin with), so I guess it was a bit lucky. I guess it partially makes up for the times where I get in 5 hits in 35 attacks.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #317 on: 12 Oct 2009, 22:04 »

The best way to gain XP as a new doctor is to heal people (earth shattering revelation.) Go to a hospital and scrounge up a bunch of FAKs. Then just keep an eye out for wounded survivors (doctors start with Diagnosis, the skill that allows you to see other people's HP) and heal any injured people you find. It's 5 XP per heal.

Though so far, my biggest challenge has been finding injured survivors. I'm camped out in a hospital, so everyone who comes through seems able to take care of themselves. And all I've come across on sweeps of the street are zombies, which I do not care to use my carefully-cultivated medical skills on.
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #318 on: 13 Oct 2009, 02:36 »

So i have just wasted about 20AP looking for a place to stay because everywhere is EHB from Tollyton to Pegton. This is really, really stupid. Eventually i wound up in the Schonlau Motel in Pitneybank which seems to be a point for all people as it is pretty busy.

Also here is a person who it may well be best to kill before they kill you. Bouchan seems very happy to chop people up, whether alive or not, so either be careful when leaving the motel or take a few swipes at him/her, i'm sure they won't be missed by the living.  :wink:
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #319 on: 13 Oct 2009, 04:59 »

Something I forgot about because it's been a long time since I played UD, if you are using Firefox there are some helper extensions for UD you might want:
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/External_Links#Greasemonkey_Scripts

I just started searching for supplies today (up until now I was solely concentrating on tagging zombies for XP) and I noticed the items display was so disorganized, so that reminded me that one of my favorite user scripts was a Greasemonkey script that organizes all your items into neat categories and counts up how many you have of repeated items (eg. instead of a bunch of individual buttons for all your FAKs, it tells you a count of how many FAKs you have.)

To install that script first you need the Greasemonkey extension:
http://www.greasespot.net/

Then after installing that extension, whenever you click the link for a Greasemonkey script, the script will be installed. The item organizer script I referred to is here:
http://personal.penny-craal.org/midianian/hack/userscripts/files/UDICOS-1.2.user.js

To clarify what this script does, here's my screen normally:

Here's my screen with the item organizer script:

Meanwhile, another script I like is one that colorizes wounded survivors, so I can spot them more easily when moving around safehouses (this script doesn't do anything if you don't have Diagnosis):
http://www.fireopal.com/ud/ud-hpcolor.user.js

Though so far, my biggest challenge has been finding injured survivors. I'm camped out in a hospital, so everyone who comes through seems able to take care of themselves. And all I've come across on sweeps of the street are zombies, which I do not care to use my carefully-cultivated medical skills on.

Well looking in the street for survivors gets nowhere, because survivors with any sense stay indoors, while most survivors outside are killed pretty quickly. Obviously it's a lot easier to walk through safehouses looking for wounded after you get Freerunning, but even before then you might concentrate on safehouses near revive points; when revived you are at half health, so there are likely to be lots of people needing healing in the vicinity of a revive point.
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2009, 06:22 by jhocking »

ackblom12

« Reply #320 on: 13 Oct 2009, 06:43 »

I have 3 FAKs and am 10xp from getting a new skill, which will be Hand to Hand. I have 3 FAKs. Can I use them on folks even if they don't need healing, and if I can will it still give me the XP even if they don't need it?

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #321 on: 13 Oct 2009, 07:54 »

You won't get the XP and you'll waste an AP, getting a message that tells you they're at full health. However, you also won't lose the FAK so it's a pretty good way of going about things if you don't have diagnosis.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #322 on: 13 Oct 2009, 08:19 »

So I spent 49 AP going straight from Brooksville to Pegton with Pauly Dickgobbler. Now I have a fireman and a medic in the same building.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #323 on: 13 Oct 2009, 10:13 »

DING! Level 4, just acquired first aid. Next stop: Pegton, Level 5, Diagnose, and putting an axe in some zed head.

HUDDAHUDDAHUDDA.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #324 on: 13 Oct 2009, 10:34 »

i might make it to level 2 today! i'm at 66 XP or something. if anyone in St. Matthew's needs healing, let me know. i'm next door and i've got extra FAKs.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #325 on: 13 Oct 2009, 10:41 »

Kirk ClimbingaMtn bolted from North Blyville through Lerwill Heights. By the way, the wiki will tell you it is green, but I saw several groups of 5-10 zombies and one of 30. It ain't safe there no more.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Nodaisho

« Reply #326 on: 13 Oct 2009, 11:19 »

So I spent 49 AP going straight from Brooksville to Pegton with Pauly Dickgobbler. Now I have a fireman and a medic in the same building.
You don't want to have both of your characters that close to each other, you get penalties on your chances of success if you have more than one character within some distance of another. I don't know what distance for sure, at least the same suburb.

edit: Ding 3! Got hand to hand, I think next I'm going to save some XP to at least get lurching gait, if not ankle grab, when I die.
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2009, 11:25 by Nodaisho »

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #327 on: 13 Oct 2009, 11:25 »

i think i remember reading that it was something like 15 blocks? Not 100% sure, but i think it's around there.
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #328 on: 13 Oct 2009, 16:37 »

Not only will you get seriously decreased hit rates/search percentages you can just get your accounts deleted. I usually make sure alts are at least two suburbs apart and you should never have two in the same group.

If any of you with FAKs need someone to heal Professor Quatermass is currently all fucked up in Pyke Auto Repair in Pegton after I was stupid enough to leave him outside while I went to the pub and he got all chewed.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #329 on: 13 Oct 2009, 16:41 »

oh shit

It is too bad you can't have avatars.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #330 on: 13 Oct 2009, 16:46 »

We should have a zombie week
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #331 on: 13 Oct 2009, 16:52 »

Every day is Zombie Week for me.

also,

If any of you with FAKs need someone to heal Professor Quatermass is currently all fucked up in Pyke Auto Repair in Pegton after I was stupid enough to leave him outside while I went to the pub and he got all chewed.

Dibs! I am so close to leveling up for the first time I can taste it. I'm only three blocks away but I'm out of AP at the moment so I will be there as soon as possible (probably later tonight, or tomorrow morning).
oh yeah, and by "Dibs!" I mean "yeah, you guys can heal him too, if you want but please leave some for me. Just a little."

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #332 on: 13 Oct 2009, 17:04 »

I was at 9 HP when I logged out, so there should be plenty of mangled man to go around unless someone in the safe house is seriously on the ball. I was really lucky not to end up dead, I'd stupidly used up too much AP tagging zombies because I was so close to getting free running I could taste it, and when I logged back in I was infected with 4 HP left. If I hadn't had a FAK I would've bought it trying to walk back to the safe house.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #333 on: 13 Oct 2009, 17:10 »

Someone has already healed you. I know this because i was going to shamelessly steal the XP but failed miserably.

I did, however, obtain 2 crowbars on a search of the auto repair building itself so i guess it's even.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #334 on: 13 Oct 2009, 17:15 »

Bloody hell, that was fast! Sorry SWM, you have been usurped by a cheeky man with maxed out medical skills and 5 FAKs to hand.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #335 on: 13 Oct 2009, 22:06 »

Okay, so the barricade of the building I was in has been nearly ripped down completely by the four zombies outside, so I ran out. Unfortunately, I forgot that I had almost no AP, and so ran out in the street only a few blocks away. I'm praying the building I'm on is VSB or I'm dead. In other news I made a zombie called The Becktown Ghoul, though currently he's in Wykewood... just killed a survivor and have 30 experience points, and already having more fun that my survivor. Who wants to start a zombie group?
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #336 on: 13 Oct 2009, 23:36 »

Not only will you get seriously decreased hit rates/search percentages you can just get your accounts deleted. I usually make sure alts are at least two suburbs apart and you should never have two in the same group.

I didn't really want the medical alt, I just got tired of being stuck far away and wanted to see what else there was around.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #337 on: 13 Oct 2009, 23:42 »

I want to start a zombie group! I have one, Gundunh, but it's not all skilled up.

I suggest making a small horde somewhere on the western edge of town, after we've gained some levels, and at least one guy with the door opening skill. We can perhaps agree on one place to meet and hang around? Lukinswood looks pretty good, anything in that area with a mall is bound to draw survivors.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Nodaisho

« Reply #338 on: 14 Oct 2009, 02:28 »

I've got one that is going to be a zombie once it dies (it is currently living out of Hollomstown, which is yellow, and ventures into Danversbank every day to scan zombies, only a matter of time before a barricade falls while it is asleep), but I'm planning on being dual nature rather than pure zombie.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #339 on: 14 Oct 2009, 04:30 »

I was at the cemetery in south west Pegton. I made it up to Pitneybank but it nearly took all of my AP to get there, so if I get revived it will take me a while to make it back down into Pegton. Curses.

I have Lab Experience now guys, so I can revive people. If you need a revive, go to the revive point at Somerville Boulevard and let me know.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #340 on: 14 Oct 2009, 05:45 »

Well, went to bed last night and it was the last day living for Tobias Jordan for a while. I guess now I don't have an excuse anymore not to slowly hobble over to Shore Hills and find a revive point once I get some AP.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #341 on: 14 Oct 2009, 10:01 »

Found a zombie nearby outside and went to town on it, got it 50% of the way down in HP and went back to my safehouse, now I've got freerunning though. Next up: some melee skills

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #342 on: 14 Oct 2009, 10:17 »

Yeah, made it to level 2 finally! Hand to Hand skills here I come!

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #343 on: 14 Oct 2009, 11:04 »

Isn't life so much easier once you have Freerunning? I initially started doubting my own advice, thinking that only being able to get into VS buildings wasn't bad and I should spend the XP on something else, but once I could run around into any building I wanted it was such a breath of fresh air.

Also, I discovered today that Somerville Boulevard is deserted. It's still marked as a revive point and it's right next to the NT, but it would appear that if you're looking for a revive the cemeteries are where the revives are happening. Same story as before, if I see anyone I recognize when I stop by there to revive people, Serious Ponies are the first people I revive.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #344 on: 14 Oct 2009, 13:44 »

So a few of us are thinking about running a Hospital or two in Pegton and maybe a revivification point between our group.

The general consensus was that St. Matthew's Hospital in Pegton would be our start point and according to this list of Hospitals which need staffing it is available for us to take over the running of. All this means is keeping a few group members in there and healing people as they come to us.

Also, Joe has been talking about the revivification point outside of the NecroTech building; if we are deciding to hole up in Pegton, with no other major groups in the suburb, then maybe we could take over the running of that point if people are willing?

Any opinions on this? Also, I am currently setting up a wiki page for our Serious Ponies group; will post when finished. If anyone then wants to go ahead and edit (improve) it please do.

EDIT: Serious Ponies urban dead wiki page

2nd EDIT: Congratulations all you Serious Ponies, we now run St. Matthew's Hospital in Pegton. Please keep the Hospital generously supplied with all its necessary implements and try to keep a few members there at all times to provide medical help.
« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2009, 15:07 by the_pied_piper »

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #345 on: 14 Oct 2009, 14:23 »

Christophe Kazoo is currently hiding out close to the Nicholls Mall, but I could make my way over to Pegton tomorrow. I'm a scout but I could probably do other things too!

Nodaisho

« Reply #346 on: 14 Oct 2009, 15:23 »

Looks like a lot of trouble at Fort Creedy, 107 dead bodies, no zombies left but they will be rising again. And since some asshole EHBed everything in the west side of Pegton, I'm stuck outside two spaces from the fort with no AP, because 8 AP wasn't enough to find a single VSB building. Killed two weakened zombies for 60 XP or so, at least. Probably going to need a revive unless I can find someplace in the next few hours.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #347 on: 14 Oct 2009, 15:36 »

All this means is keeping a few group members in there and healing people as they come to us.

Actually the most important thing about running a hospital is maintaining it's barricades. So we're gonna need people with Construction.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #348 on: 14 Oct 2009, 15:40 »

Very true. I have also updated most of the wiki pages regarding our takeover of the Hospital so any other players should now know that we are open.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #349 on: 14 Oct 2009, 15:47 »

looks good!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32   Go Up