THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 22:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: QC vs Zombies!  (Read 139126 times)

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
Re: QC vs Zombies!
« Reply #350 on: 14 Oct 2009, 15:56 »

So should I go for construction next level? I'm getting XP at a decent rate finally, now that I have a 40% chance of getting 3 XP per attack.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #351 on: 14 Oct 2009, 16:07 »

Also, Joe has been talking about the revivification point outside of the NecroTech building; if we are deciding to hole up in Pegton, with no other major groups in the suburb, then maybe we could take over the running of that point if people are willing?

My scientist should have lab experience in a day or two now I finally have free running, so I'd definitely be up for helping to run a revive point.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #352 on: 14 Oct 2009, 16:13 »

So should I go for construction next level? I'm getting XP at a decent rate finally, now that I have a 40% chance of getting 3 XP per attack.

Sure, sounds good. Although your first two skills are a no-brainer (Freerunning and Hand to Hand) after that all the various survivor skills are of approximately equal importance (except Radio, that shit is useless.)

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #353 on: 14 Oct 2009, 16:18 »

Also, Joe has been talking about the revivification point outside of the NecroTech building; if we are deciding to hole up in Pegton, with no other major groups in the suburb, then maybe we could take over the running of that point if people are willing?

My scientist should have lab experience in a day or two now I finally have free running, so I'd definitely be up for helping to run a revive point.

This would be pretty fantastic for both ourselves and any other survivors who pass through the suburb as the revivification point at Somerville Boulevard is directly between St. Matthew's Hospital and the NecroTech building (the Rowcliffe Building).
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #354 on: 14 Oct 2009, 16:22 »

I'll help out in the hospital once i get diagnosis. I've got freerunning and i just hit level two and got hand to hand so it shouldn't be too long now.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

ackblom12

« Reply #355 on: 14 Oct 2009, 16:36 »

Same here, once I level again I can start helping out with my diagnosis

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #356 on: 14 Oct 2009, 16:43 »

Jesus. My inventory makes me look like a trench coater right now. I've got 3 loaded pistols, a pistol clip, 2 loaded shotguns, 2  shotgun shells, a fireaxe and 3 first aid kits.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #357 on: 14 Oct 2009, 16:45 »

Oh, and a flak jacket.

Nodaisho

« Reply #358 on: 14 Oct 2009, 16:52 »

Yep, I'm dead. Wish I had kept checking in, but I got distracted. Turns out the place I fell asleep in front of was VSB as well. I'm at Lavor Alley School in Pitneybank, if anyone can revive over here. I don't have nearly enough AP to stand up yet, or I would go to a revive spot.

Hang on, I got hit for 36 damage by a survivor. I'm putting this guy: http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1431687 on my list as red, for PKers. Just so you all know not to revive him or heal him, he killed another survivor as well.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #359 on: 14 Oct 2009, 16:56 »

Just to mention, a lone zombie was attacking our brand new hospital. I put it out to the hospital folk but they may need some help getting rid of him and barricading up again.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #360 on: 14 Oct 2009, 17:06 »

The Guy Who PKed Nodaisho.

Okay, now THAT guy looks like a trenchcoater. I immediately feel better about myself.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #361 on: 14 Oct 2009, 17:09 »

Jesus. My inventory makes me look like a trench coater right now. I've got 3 loaded pistols, a pistol clip, 2 loaded shotguns, 2  shotgun shells, a fireaxe and 3 first aid kits.

Not at all, that's pretty much the minimum (personally I'd want more pistol clips actually) you want to carry around at all times once you've settled into a groove of patrolling. Then fill up the remaining encumbrance with whatever you need at the time: fuel cans if you want to light up buildings, a toolbox for fixing ruined buildings, or just fill up with FAKs. I mean, you can see my inventory on the previous page and I don't even have any combat skills yet (admittedly the guns were just incidental finds while looking for a flak jacket, but still.)

What equipment you have isn't what makes a trenchcoater, it's how you choose to use it.
« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2009, 17:15 by jhocking »

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #362 on: 14 Oct 2009, 17:10 »

Alright, once I have enough AP I'm heading over to the Serious Pony hospital. Which most likely will be sometime in the afternoon. See you then!

Alex C

• comeback tour!

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #364 on: 14 Oct 2009, 17:17 »

oh man where did you find that profile, that description is awesome

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #365 on: 14 Oct 2009, 17:19 »

Bonus points for his group name.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #366 on: 14 Oct 2009, 17:19 »

I've already been basing out of St. Matthews, what a stroke of luck. And I seem to be one of the only ones around here who started with Diagnosis? For the record everyone in the hospital is maxed out at the moment and I only have 2 AP, but as time goes on I'll try and heal/put up notifications for whoever needs healing.

And as useful as freerunning is, I'm considering passing that up as my first skill in favor of barricading. I'd be much more comfortable knowing I could repair the spot I'm in than having to run somewhere else, though I see the advantages of being able to take advantage of already-barricaded buildings.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

Nodaisho

« Reply #367 on: 14 Oct 2009, 17:25 »

Well, since you are currently in a hospital, if we have people coming for healing, there isn't much you need to go out for, so construction could be worth it as your first skill. Hospitals have the best success rate for finding FAKs of anywhere. We will need people to bring fuel and a generator for better odds and extra HP healed once we get surgeons, but some people will be out and about anyway, looking for zombies to kill or other sorts of loot that aren't in hospitals.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #368 on: 14 Oct 2009, 17:54 »

there is 1 zombie in St. Matthews and the barricades are totally gone. i shut the doors but that's all i could do.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #369 on: 14 Oct 2009, 18:28 »

If anyone goes to attack the zombie, don't kill it unless you can build up the barricades afterwards (both in the sense of having Construction but also having enough AP.) If you kill it but don't barricade then it'll just get back up again and you accomplished nothing. Instead, weaken it so that someone with Construction will only have to hit it a couple times.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #370 on: 14 Oct 2009, 18:31 »

If Pegton is our official home turf, we need to start maintaining it. Specifically, the Barricade Policy for Pegton needs to be enforced: most of the VSB entry points are at EHB or higher, and need to be knocked down. We'll also need to think about a standard meeting place near the hospital, and getting the resource hubs in line. We could also do with an official Pegton channel (26.18mhz is technically within Pegton's jurisdiction, but only just).

I'm gaining experience slowly, but I'll be at level 3 soon, when I'll get construction and start working on 'cading the hospitals back up to proper levels.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #371 on: 14 Oct 2009, 18:45 »

most of the VSB entry points are at EHB or higher, and need to be knocked down.

This is a good point. You need Construction to build barricades, while using an axe with Hand to Hand and Axe Proficiency is best for knocking them down.

Nodaisho

« Reply #372 on: 14 Oct 2009, 18:54 »

I'll be able to knock some down to VSB once I get revived, I've got said axe and skills. However, I won't be exactly doing it full-time, survivors don't get XP from attacking barricades.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #373 on: 14 Oct 2009, 19:03 »

No XP for building them either, so nobody's gonna work on cades full-time anyway.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #374 on: 14 Oct 2009, 19:15 »

Okay, I'm in St. Siricius' (sp?) hospital in Pegton with what appear to be a whole lot of people. I am infected and require first aid.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #375 on: 15 Oct 2009, 03:28 »

I went out searching and found a fuel can, and headed back to St Matthews, I'm out of AP, but there is a lone zombie outside. and ~8 zombies at the police station to the north east.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Puki

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #376 on: 15 Oct 2009, 03:30 »

Yeah, I noticed today that Pegton is now red on the map. I have a fuel can, but I'm waiting for enough APs to come to St.Matthews. ( I'm at the nearby Police station, fell asleep)

Nodaisho

« Reply #377 on: 15 Oct 2009, 03:42 »

Wow, is it that active? For some reason, they haven't changed Pitneybank from green, but the 107 corpses I saw in front of Creedy's gatehouse say it should be otherwise. If activity stays high in Pegton, we might not be able to keep the hospital running, very poor day to start up the hospital.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #378 on: 15 Oct 2009, 04:01 »

Yeah, I noticed today that Pegton is now red on the map. I have a fuel can, but I'm waiting for enough APs to come to St.Matthews.

whoah, whoever set it red is very mistaken. I mean, maybe the situation has deteriorated a bit since a week ago, but it's still only yellow. Note the legend that describes what the colors mean:

Very Dangerous
Most buildings wide open or zombie-infested; OR hostile zombie mobs of 150+

That does not describe Pegton at all. The biggest problem with the barricades are that they are too high, not wide open, and I've been leaving the suburb in order to find zombies to tag. Someone is clearly way reactionary if they think a couple skirmishes over resource buildings means jumping from Safe to Very Dangerous.

In fact, I'm tempted to edit it myself (it is a wiki after all) but I don't want to get into an edit war. Someone who overreacts like this is likely to be a real douchebag about suburb status.
« Last Edit: 15 Oct 2009, 04:21 by jhocking »

Nodaisho

« Reply #379 on: 15 Oct 2009, 04:03 »

So it should probably be set to yellow, and Pitneybank should be orange, at least until someone else sees how many corpses are piled in front of Creedy?

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #380 on: 15 Oct 2009, 04:10 »

wtf I'm trying to edit the map now but I can't figure out how. Clicking the edit button right above the map just gives me
{{DangerMap}}

oh wait now I remember, you have to go to the suburb page and there is a link to Update Danger Level. The map on the suburb page is automatically generated from the individual suburb reports.

Also, I remembered another possibility rather than an overreacting survivor is a zombie player who may be trying to spread misinformation.

ADDITION: If you look at the edit history for Pegton's danger level it definitely looks like zombies spreading misinformation.
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php?title=User:DangerReport/Pegton&action=history

It keeps getting set to Very Dangerous, and then someone else comments that it looks safe to them and sets it back.
« Last Edit: 15 Oct 2009, 04:19 by jhocking »

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #381 on: 15 Oct 2009, 05:59 »

If anyone needs first aid I have like, seven kits that I can use. Let me know!
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #382 on: 15 Oct 2009, 07:13 »

That does not describe Pegton at all. The biggest problem with the barricades are that they are too high, not wide open, and I've been leaving the suburb in order to find zombies to tag. Someone is clearly way reactionary if they think a couple skirmishes over resource buildings means jumping from Safe to Very Dangerous.

While certainly not Very Dangerous the western border is starting to get a bit shredded with a lot of buildings around the two police stations there falling, so we can probably expect things around the hospital to start getting more heated soon. As a consequence of which I'm now in need of a revive at the cemetery below St Martin's Church.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #383 on: 15 Oct 2009, 07:55 »

Correction: you needed a revive. de nada

the_pied_piper

« Reply #384 on: 15 Oct 2009, 08:23 »

Are people willing to help man the Somerville Boulevard RP? I say help because there are a couple of other small groups who claim to assist people there also.

If so, i can edit the wiki to let people know that we are now there to assist.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #385 on: 15 Oct 2009, 08:37 »

I've started looking there for people to revive, but honestly it is kinda silly to go all out advertising on the wiki that we are protecting buildings and manning revive points when we've barely even started. I mean, unless someone has gotten lucky and gained a ton of XP since last time I checked my contacts, I'm the only one of us who even has Lab Experience so far.

EDIT: I just noticed this guy in the same building as me, I'm surprised this name was available for a new character -
http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1568873
« Last Edit: 15 Oct 2009, 09:36 by jhocking »

Nodaisho

« Reply #386 on: 15 Oct 2009, 10:54 »

I imagine all of the other alternative ways to say the same guy's name have been taken.

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #387 on: 15 Oct 2009, 11:40 »

Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #388 on: 15 Oct 2009, 13:52 »

Alright, finally made it to level 2 and took Construction to compliment my Diagnosis. I'll keep an eye on barricade and health levels in St. Matthews and bump them up as needed.
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #389 on: 15 Oct 2009, 13:58 »

man I still think you should have taken Freerunning but whatever. You probably could have found more people to heal that way and gained XP faster, by scouting around safehouses nearby instead of only waiting for injured people to show up in the hospital.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #390 on: 15 Oct 2009, 15:39 »

Huddahud gains a level!
What? Huddahud is evolving!
Huddahud evolved into Huddahealer!
Huddahealer learns Diagnose!
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Nodaisho

« Reply #391 on: 15 Oct 2009, 18:12 »

Anyone currently have a revive needle and the AP to use it? I am going to go to the cemetary in the northwest of Pegton, but if someone with a needle needs me to be somewhere else to reach me, I can do that.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #392 on: 15 Oct 2009, 18:28 »

I'm still the only one of us with Lab Experience. I have syringes, but no AP. You should probably head to Somerville Boulevard or the other cemetery, in the southeast. I've been checking both of those because we've decided to take charge of St. Matthew's Hospital in that direction, so if you still haven't been revived by tomorrow morning then I'll see you and stab you.

There's no one at Somerville which could be a good or bad sign, dunno. Either it means the revives are coming so quickly that no line forms, which is good. On the other hand, that may mean that revive point is abandoned, in which case you want to go to the cemetery instead.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #393 on: 15 Oct 2009, 18:31 »

So I did a whoopsie and accidentally hit barricade instead of search the area, and took St. Matthews up to HB, which means people can't get in or out until we knock some windows in. If I go out to debarricade I'm not gonna have the AP to get back in, can anyone else take an axe to it or something?

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #394 on: 15 Oct 2009, 18:38 »

You don't have to go out, you can attack the barricade from inside. Still, taking unskilled swings is very unlikely to work. Only skilled axe-wielders have a decent shot at it.
« Last Edit: 15 Oct 2009, 18:40 by jhocking »

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #395 on: 15 Oct 2009, 19:05 »

I'm passing through Edgecombe right now. About to join the good fight in Pegton tomorrow.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Nodaisho

« Reply #396 on: 15 Oct 2009, 19:06 »

Someone with hand to hand and a crowbar also has just as good a chance of breaking down a barricade as someone with hand to hand, axe training, and an axe.
edit: I'm at Somerville Boulevard now, one other zombie there too. Three corpses, which worries me slightly.

edit^2: Okay, I see why there were corpses now. I'm in Saint Matthews now, there are two zeds outside and two humans outside, I'm going to try to knock the cades down to VSB, I only have 3 AP, though, so 3 1 in 5 chances. Also, I have 25 HP, so if anyone wants to heal me up, that would be nice.

edit 59, return of the bride of the son of edit: cades are at VSB.

Should be the last edit: I'm back at full health, got healed by a random in the hospital. Should have thought to note his name, but I didn't. Level 15 or so military, group is ENVY.
« Last Edit: 15 Oct 2009, 23:23 by Nodaisho »

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #397 on: 16 Oct 2009, 02:58 »

I'm at the hospital! Gonna leave for the closest police station, though, as I've not got any healing skills. So I'll need moar ammo. Started as military, so it's going to take a while.

Is it faster to go to the closest mall to loot, since I've got both mall skills?
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Nodaisho

« Reply #398 on: 16 Oct 2009, 03:29 »

Assuming that Giddings mall is safe (the one in Pitneybank), and you plan on spending a few days or longer there to stock up, definitely. You get better chances of getting ammo and guns there than anywhere else. If you are looking for a flak jacket, though, you will need to search a police station.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #399 on: 16 Oct 2009, 05:13 »

Also, carry around a bunch of pistol clips and use pistols mostly. A tempting thing to do is concentrate on shotguns because they are more powerful, but they are also much more expensive AP-wise to use. Specifically, shotguns are much more expensive to find ammo for and reload than pistols because shotgun rounds are individual items, while pistol ammo comes in clips of 6 shots. Definitely carry around a couple loaded shotguns to use for emergency situations, but do most of your killing using pistols.

edit 59, return of the bride of the son of edit: cades are at VSB.

Someone must've built the cades back up because it's HB again.
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2009, 08:10 by jhocking »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32   Go Up