THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 16:19
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: QC vs Zombies!  (Read 139063 times)

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
Re: QC vs Zombies!
« Reply #400 on: 16 Oct 2009, 08:19 »

I've always got a couple of shotgun shots for finishing off zombies; that gives me a bit more xp than finishing off with a gun (due to getting xp for every point of damage over the kill), but other than that, I blast away with me guns. I'm going to get over to the mall, kill stuff on the way, and get some xp so I can be some use to the hospital. All skills is the way to go.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #401 on: 16 Oct 2009, 08:24 »

guys I have been tweaking my description all along, trying to convey the essence of my character, and I think I finally got it pitch perfect:

A kind of sleazy looking guy (basically picture Rod Blagojevich) wearing a big fat ring with the Necrotech logo on it.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #402 on: 16 Oct 2009, 10:49 »

Checking in, Cades on St. Matthews seem to be holding, 4 z's outside.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #403 on: 16 Oct 2009, 10:51 »

that's right. 4 zeds. there was 5, but i killed one.  :-D

(that's the first zombie i've killed so i'm extra proud)
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #404 on: 16 Oct 2009, 11:04 »

You're captain eaglebone right? dude, two more chops will get you Axe Proficiency, so close!

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #405 on: 16 Oct 2009, 11:07 »

i just need a little bit more AP then i will be gettin' it (assuming i don't miss with every shot which is always a possibility)
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #406 on: 16 Oct 2009, 12:17 »

I need to wander to some police station or something to get some clips for my pistol. I wanna kill me some zombies!
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • om nom nom nom
« Reply #407 on: 16 Oct 2009, 14:19 »

Apparently while I was offline somebody shot me with a shotgun and called me an asshole.  No idea why.

Fortunately, I'm in a hospital full doctors, so I got healed up right quick.

In other news, I've finally got freerunning!  Can't wait 'til my AP recharges so I can try it out.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #408 on: 16 Oct 2009, 14:21 »

Huddahud has arrived, halfway to level 6!

Aiming for resurrection skills next.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #409 on: 16 Oct 2009, 14:49 »

If you really want resurrection skills that's your call of course, but personally I would suggest Construction first. I know that's what I'm aiming for next, and then I'll probably save up XP to spend on Lurching Gait when I die.

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #410 on: 16 Oct 2009, 15:00 »

I found a Fire Axe!

Puki

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #411 on: 16 Oct 2009, 15:03 »

I keep dying a lot! Damn. Gotta learn not to walk too far away (didn't find a vsb building in time). I'm outside the Mathews, going to cemetery to try to get revived.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #412 on: 16 Oct 2009, 18:57 »

I haven't died yet, actually.

Also:

Dear cunt who EHB'd the Armoury,

Fuck you.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #413 on: 16 Oct 2009, 19:45 »

Snalin, if you want to go for ammo, head up into Pitneybank. There's a police station that's in good repair and barricaded to VSB. I got three pistol clips and a shotgun shell, but I used all my AP to get them, so I'll be spending the night there. Will head back into Pegton and the hospital tomorrow morning and try to kill a few zombies for you dudes.
Liz is touching me.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #414 on: 16 Oct 2009, 20:34 »

Finally! I've got lab experience, so I can revive people from now on.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #415 on: 16 Oct 2009, 22:03 »

damn. i'm locked out of St. Matthews and I only have 1 AP left.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #416 on: 16 Oct 2009, 22:34 »

St. Matthews is down to VSB again. Will try and keep it here.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #417 on: 17 Oct 2009, 05:22 »

oh fuck I accidentally tried to cold stab a zombie in a revive point without realizing it was a revive point

is there any protocol for apologizing to a zombie or am I fucked in the zombie community's eyes

Puki

« Reply #418 on: 17 Oct 2009, 05:29 »

I don't know - but I know that I'm standing at the cemetery in Pegton, and there are in last few hours two or more zombies which attack the revived survivors. Or it was just one zombie. I have no clue. Any how, I'll be back when I'm revived.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #419 on: 17 Oct 2009, 06:01 »

oh fuck I accidentally tried to cold stab a zombie in a revive point without realizing it was a revive point

is there any protocol for apologizing to a zombie or am I fucked in the zombie community's eyes

Just say "sorry, my mistake" in game when you're on the same square. Did you manage to do any damage to them though? If it was a swing and a miss I don't think they'll even know about it.
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #420 on: 17 Oct 2009, 06:31 »

And if you didn't kill them, I doubt they'll even care. Don't worry about apologizing, just try not to do it again.

I'm standing at the cemetery in Pegton

Either you got revived by someone else within the last hour or I went to the wrong cemetery, because I didn't see you there, just a pile of bodies (and if any of the bodies were you I should still have recognized you.)
« Last Edit: 17 Oct 2009, 06:35 by jhocking »

Puki

« Reply #421 on: 17 Oct 2009, 06:44 »

Damn my noobiness! There are two cemeteries, and I forgot which one we took as revivifaction point. I'll shamble to the other one as soon as I get my APs. (currently I'm at [82,51] cemetery).

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #422 on: 17 Oct 2009, 08:54 »

I got three pistol clips and a shotgun shell.

I think me and Liz are operating under different interpretations of the word "armed."

Mein inventar:

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #423 on: 17 Oct 2009, 09:09 »

Which browser are you using? If you use Firefox, on some previous page I posted some add-on scripts that will organize your inventory. Ever since I started using the item organizer script I've been pretty much unable to spot individual items in the default unsorted mess.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #424 on: 17 Oct 2009, 10:13 »

Nah, I'm the guy who's into google chrome, remember?

Besides, if it doesn't heal or shoot things, I'm not really interested in it anyway, so as long as I have a few medpacks my inventory management never really gets any more complicated than running into a police department and hitting search until I hit the item cap.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #425 on: 17 Oct 2009, 12:26 »

alright! waitin for a revive at the cemetary south of St. Martin's. yeehaa!

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #426 on: 17 Oct 2009, 13:25 »

Right, I've got shuffling zombie Tobias Jordan slowly headed to a revive point, he just hit the border of Pegton, soon he can join the group in fun.

My alt, The Becktown Ghoul, is now in East Becktown, hungrily looking around for something to do. I'm about to be able to get another zombie skill, since I started out as a zombie I've already got Rigor Mortis, so what should my next one be? And hey, anyone looking to start a zombie group I'm totally up for it.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #427 on: 17 Oct 2009, 15:29 »

Damn jordan, you must have incredible luck with attacks. I just saw you gained like 70 XP since yesterday!

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #428 on: 17 Oct 2009, 16:46 »

Yeah, I killed a nearly full zombie and healed a couple of people. Went for construction as per your advice to be more "helpful" or whatever.

Definitely going down NecroTech next, though.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #429 on: 17 Oct 2009, 16:51 »

alright! waitin for a revive at the cemetary south of St. Martin's. yeehaa!

Done. You're now having a nap with some serum in you.

Right, I've got shuffling zombie Tobias Jordan slowly headed to a revive point, he just hit the border of Pegton, soon he can join the group in fun.

My alt, The Becktown Ghoul, is now in East Becktown, hungrily looking around for something to do. I'm about to be able to get another zombie skill, since I started out as a zombie I've already got Rigor Mortis, so what should my next one be? And hey, anyone looking to start a zombie group I'm totally up for it.

I'd go for Lurching gait, you'll spend half the AP you currently do moving around to hunt which makes a massive difference. My zombie's just a couple of suburbs away from East Becktown, I'd be up for shambling your way and looking for some brains.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #430 on: 17 Oct 2009, 17:12 »

What the fucking fuck. I log on this afternoon to discover that, mysteriously, all three of my pistols emptied their rounds, all of my pistol clips disappeared, all of my shotgun shells disappeared, AND my radio receiver is tuned to a different channel.

I do not know what happened.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #431 on: 17 Oct 2009, 19:21 »

Alex I'm not fully armed yet, I'll be hanging out at the police station for a while to load up. I'm up to... six pistol clips and four shotgun shells? I think? I'll probably come back to St. Matthew's tomorrow morning if I find some more things.
Liz is touching me.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #432 on: 17 Oct 2009, 22:24 »

I was checking the Pegton Urban Dead Wiki and noticed that there's a new update saying that the area is now crawling with undead, any truth to that?
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #433 on: 17 Oct 2009, 22:50 »

Yup. I'm up in Pitneybank at the moment, which seems to be fairly secure, but zeds are currently breaking through from the south and most of the resource buildings have been overcaded as a result. I'd be very cautious heading further south at the moment.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #434 on: 18 Oct 2009, 03:06 »

I went to Vinetown, which had the closest mall, and started looting en masse. Compared to police stations searchings, you get so much more guns and ammo.

Downside was, of course, that I died when zombies invaded. But my good old character had a couple of zombie skills as well, so I got up to the boulevard in no time. Any revives available?

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #435 on: 18 Oct 2009, 05:45 »

Yup. I'm up in Pitneybank at the moment, which seems to be fairly secure, but zeds are currently breaking through from the south and most of the resource buildings have been overcaded as a result. I'd be very cautious heading further south at the moment.

No it's nonsense. As we concluded already last page it was most likely a zombie player trying to spread misinformation (the history of edits to the danger level looks suspicious.) puki noticed that the danger level had jumped from green to red, and I changed it back down to yellow.

For starters, "most buildings being overbarricaded" is the exact opposite of buildings being ransacked (ie. what you just said is the exact opposite of what the wiki report says.)

I got up to the boulevard in no time. Any revives available?

Actually the south-eastern cemetery I'm finding is the most convenient revive point for me because we're all congregating around the hospital especially, don't know about will. Not that it really matters, since I'm resting up AP until this evening, but if you still haven't been revived by this afternoon (you probably will be, there doesn't seem to be any wait for revives) come down to the cemetery and let us know.
« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2009, 05:51 by jhocking »

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #436 on: 18 Oct 2009, 10:10 »

The boulevard's still pretty good if we're in the hospital a lot as the quickest way from the Necrotech to the hospital or the southern cemetery is across it anyway (so long as you don't mind going outside). I spotted snalin there earlier while I was heading back for syringes so they're recovering now.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #437 on: 18 Oct 2009, 12:48 »

Thanks!

I'm loaded with ammo now, so tomorrow I'll get me some moar xp. Body building isn't really necessary, as in the event that I loose 50 hp, I'll probably loose 60 just as easy. I don't care much for hand-to-hand, so I think I'll go for the nero-techs first, then diagnosis, then first aid.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #438 on: 18 Oct 2009, 13:32 »

You know who has two thumbs and killed 3 zombies today?

This guy.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #439 on: 18 Oct 2009, 13:33 »

I healed so many dudes today. I am a class act.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #440 on: 18 Oct 2009, 14:05 »

Ok I got lab experience so I can revificaterate you guys now.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #441 on: 18 Oct 2009, 14:45 »

No it's nonsense. As we concluded already last page it was most likely a zombie player trying to spread misinformation (the history of edits to the danger level looks suspicious.) puki noticed that the danger level had jumped from green to red, and I changed it back down to yellow.

For starters, "most buildings being overbarricaded" is the exact opposite of buildings being ransacked (ie. what you just said is the exact opposite of what the wiki report says.)

Remember I'm in Pitneybank, where zeds haven't fully swarmed yet. I wandered down into Pegton and noticed about a dozen zombies within the first three blocks of the suburb.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #442 on: 18 Oct 2009, 14:55 »

Speaking of which, man I've been burning AP to no avail the last couple days. I just spent 40 AP to tag one zombie. The frustrating thing is there were plenty of zombies (I went south into Vinetown, which is under heavier attack) but I kept finding somebody else had tagged them already. So much for my run of good luck right at the beginning!

EDIT:
Ok I got lab experience so I can revificaterate you guys now.

Hm had you already tagged all the zombies near the hospital? Looks like I should be going further afield so we aren't overlapping.
« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2009, 14:59 by jhocking »

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #443 on: 18 Oct 2009, 15:10 »

Yeah, when I traveled along the souther border of Pitneybank from Fort Creedy, I saw 7 zombies along the borders despite not ever setting foot in Pegton. It's part of the reason why I opted to head to Starlingtown rather than stick around the more resource rich 'burbs, since I'm still well-stocked with supplies even after my very successful patrol earlier today. If by chance a good mob gets going (which I doubt; it doesn't really seem like there's -that- many zeds), I suspect they'd rather camp out in Pegton and Pitneybank than Starlingtown, which really only has a couple hospitals and Necrotech buildings to its name. That said, I'll probably be ditching the hospital I'm holed up at in short order.

Nodaisho

« Reply #444 on: 18 Oct 2009, 17:29 »

Remember I'm in Pitneybank, where zeds haven't fully swarmed yet. I wandered down into Pegton and noticed about a dozen zombies within the first three blocks of the suburb.
I think they might be going for the Creedy surroundings, if it is anything like it was a few days ago.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #445 on: 18 Oct 2009, 17:36 »

Yeah, I shacked up in the Fort for a while and the surrounding blocks were essentially a revolving buffet table with newbies as the main course. Those of us on the inside were never in any real danger from what I could see, but there's so many people around the Fort at any given time that it's pretty much inevitable that someone will respond to a zombie presence by barricading the shit out of everything. Every time I ventured out there were always one or two lowbies standing around outside of a heavily barricaded building just waiting for their li'l skulls to be cracked open.

So, uh, yeah, get Free Running if you haven't already!

Nodaisho

« Reply #446 on: 18 Oct 2009, 17:44 »

Free running won't help you get into a building when you can't find one that is at VSB. I got killed outside there by one AP (the space I fell asleep on was VSB) because I didn't want to go into the gatehouse when over 100 bodies are laying outside. Not all of those would be zombies, but that seemed like a bad place for a low level person to be staying.

So, in Saint Matthew's a couple days ago , someone was PKed due to some sort of feud between groups. What is our policy going to be on people PKing non PKers or death cultists in the hospital? We don't heal them, do we kill them? I figure whatever it is, we should respray the wall to include that with the order to keep it VSB.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #447 on: 18 Oct 2009, 18:05 »

Well the policy in my old group was to mostly ignore PKers and that seemed to work out pretty good. Fighting back gives them the attention they want, whereas if you ignore them they eventually get bored and leave. The back and forth of revenge hits just seems like a waste of valuable AP.

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #448 on: 18 Oct 2009, 18:25 »

Speaking of the hospital, how is it? I've been having trouble getting ammo so I'm staying in northern Pitneybank scrounging supplies, but I'll need some more FAKs soon enough.

Nodaisho

« Reply #449 on: 18 Oct 2009, 18:56 »

VSB, nobody knocking, and at least 15 people in it, when I was logged in. There is another group (M.E.R.C.Y.) that uses it as a fall-back location, but they are more than happy to have a group dedicating themselves to maintaining it and healing people in there.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32   Go Up