THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 16 Apr 2024, 10:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: QC vs Zombies!  (Read 142631 times)

Alex C

• comeback tour!
Re: QC vs Zombies!
« Reply #500 on: 20 Oct 2009, 12:01 »

I'd agree with you in a flash if Advanced Pistol and Advanced Shotgun gave 25% increases like the vanilla versions, but instead they just give 10%. Plus, Construction is pretty bloody useful. Decisions, decisions!
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #501 on: 20 Oct 2009, 13:01 »

Getting max firearm training as quickly as possible is a good way to powerlevel -- provided you don't actually feel like helping anyone else. Construction is a good tool to have only if you want to assist others (or if you want to convert an empty warehouse into your own brothel).
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #502 on: 20 Oct 2009, 13:47 »

Construction is a good tool to have only if you want to assist others (or if you want to convert an empty warehouse into your own brothel).
Goddammit. I knew I should have thought it through before picking up diagnosis.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #503 on: 20 Oct 2009, 14:00 »

Construction it is!

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • om nom nom nom
« Reply #504 on: 20 Oct 2009, 14:38 »

Two words:

Undead prostitutes.

That is all.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #505 on: 20 Oct 2009, 15:06 »

One word:

ew

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #506 on: 20 Oct 2009, 15:08 »

Nothing like a bit of clit decaying and falling off during the act of nocturnal-nookie.
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• om nom nom nom
« Reply #507 on: 20 Oct 2009, 15:43 »

You know what they say, once you go dead you can't do living instead.

Nodaisho

« Reply #508 on: 20 Oct 2009, 16:44 »

The_pied_piper (K'vat Hi'Lichut) could use some healing, I did all I could, out of medkits but at least he isn't infected.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #509 on: 20 Oct 2009, 17:06 »

Fixed that for ya.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

Puki

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #510 on: 20 Oct 2009, 17:11 »

And I am at the cemetery again! Damn, it took me a while. So... someone has an unzombifier extra? Jefferson Hellie is at the cemetery 2S 1E of St.Siricius's hospital. Currently swaying slighlty.

Apparently I'm still at the Glynn Bank, because I tried to move with 1 Ap left. I'm not sure now. I'll keep you posted.
« Last Edit: 20 Oct 2009, 17:13 by Puki »

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #511 on: 20 Oct 2009, 17:17 »

Have you been in multiple broken-into safehouses? Man, what a run of bad luck. This suburb is so safe I have to try in order to die; the only real danger I've encountered is me being foolish and running out of AP before I've returned to safety.

Puki

« Reply #512 on: 20 Oct 2009, 17:36 »

Nah, actually, I was brave (stupid) enough to go looting in the Mall in Vinetown on my own. With just a little experience (no skills). Oh, well. Also, 2 times I couldn't  reach any VSB building on the account of all of the buildings surrounding me being EHB, so some zombie got me.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #513 on: 20 Oct 2009, 17:42 »

Going to a Mall without the right skills isn't a wise move, not because malls are especially dangerous (unless of course they are under siege) but because you can't even get in Malls without Freerunning, and then even when inside you can't do much looting without both Shopping and Bargain Hunting. I know I don't see myself going up that skill tree for a long while.

Puki

« Reply #514 on: 20 Oct 2009, 17:47 »

Yeah, found that out the hard way :) Anyways - found a shotgun and a couple of shells there, nothing more. Will try to be more careful next time. (as in - build up my character a little) Anyways - of to sleep. its 2:46. See you tomorrow. Will try not to get killed for a couple of days at least.

Nodaisho

« Reply #515 on: 20 Oct 2009, 18:17 »

I'm thinking that next skills I get (excluding lurching gait and possibly ankle grab) will be basic firearms training, basic pistol training, shopping, then the rest of the firearm skills mixed with bargain hunting at some point. Even with just shopping, you are better off searching a mall than a PD, since you don't have the chance of getting a flack jacket or a flare gun, you can only get guns and ammo. I've currently got hand to hand, axe, diagnosis, and free running, so I've got good melee skills, mobility, and the ability to see when somebody needs healing. I'm not so worried about barricades, we have quite a few people with it, and the other people at the St. Matthews/Siricius location have it as well.

Now I just need another 70 XP or so to get to the next level.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #516 on: 20 Oct 2009, 21:47 »

Huh. I'm a doctor with the basics of Freerunning and Construction, and I've already picked up my next 100xp. I'm trying to decide if there's any civilian or scientist skills that are worth it, or to just save up for my offensive capabilities.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #517 on: 21 Oct 2009, 05:19 »

I would suggest getting all the Scientist skills first before offensive skills, but I'm also a hypocrite because I'm not sure I'm going to do that myself.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #518 on: 21 Oct 2009, 05:23 »

I died in the mall in Vinetown a while back too. and then every corner was EHB and had quite a lot of residents, so there was a lot of zombies. Not a good place, safer up north.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

ackblom12

« Reply #519 on: 21 Oct 2009, 06:54 »

And Nerdry is now waiting at a revive point in Pimbank. People have been reviving every once in a while so I should get revived sometime today. Once I do I'll continue on to heal up Kirk.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #520 on: 21 Oct 2009, 14:30 »

50 XP in one day woo

I feel a little guilty that I'm still focusing on gaining XP as fast as possible rather than hanging around the hospital to be useful, but just a couple more levels and I won't be as urgently after XP.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #521 on: 21 Oct 2009, 14:33 »

I usually do useful things one day, xp the next. Alternate them out. I level fast enough.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #522 on: 21 Oct 2009, 14:38 »

alright, finally got enough XP to get Diagnosis!

yeah!
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #523 on: 21 Oct 2009, 18:24 »

I can't find anymore zombies near Pitneybank, so I guess I'll finally hobble over to the hospital. Anything to kill down there?
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Nodaisho

« Reply #524 on: 21 Oct 2009, 18:48 »

Nothing within the immediate area of the hospital, but there are 8 bodies outside of it, so one could stand up any time.

Got enough XP to get basic firearms training, so I'll probably run over to the police station tomorrow and loot some guns and ammo. Anyone know the state of the Cowing Way station?

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #525 on: 21 Oct 2009, 18:53 »

That's the one near the southwest corner of Pegton right? That one is under constant attack, you're much better off headed to the police station right in the middle of the suburb. And you never have to set foot outside, you can freerun the entire way between the hospital and the police station.

Nodaisho

« Reply #526 on: 21 Oct 2009, 19:02 »

No, Cowing Way is the one two west and one north of St. Matthews. I'm figuring that I can free run there in three AP, as many AP as it would take to go across the street and inside through the door, if it weren't EHB (which I bet it would be).

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #527 on: 21 Oct 2009, 19:20 »

oh well then that's the one in the middle I was recommending. And yeah, freerunning all the way is always a better idea than running outside.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #528 on: 21 Oct 2009, 21:49 »

I'm deliberating dying then brain-rotting my character. Would certainly make the game more hardcore and make dying more serious. Is anybody willing to do the dance to revive me if I rot out?
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Nodaisho

« Reply #529 on: 21 Oct 2009, 21:56 »

I don't think anyone has necronet access currently, and it will also be a lot harder to convince people that you aren't a death cultist if you have brain rot.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #530 on: 21 Oct 2009, 22:04 »

That is a good point. I've never really had problems with random accusations, though, and as long as I'm working with people I've known for a while I'll be OK.
The one tangible benefit is that there is a skill after brain rot which acts as a flack jacket; if I got that skill I could drop the flack jacket and carry an extra pistol clip.

CardinalFang

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #531 on: 22 Oct 2009, 03:12 »

Head towards Roachtown. I can revive you assuming we can find a NT building we can get you into. I'll start looking about for NT buildings that aren't super barricaded.

Katie,
Sorry about you being dead and all. There were too many zombies outside so I couldn't keep the barricades up. I figured discretion is the better part of valor and skipped out and you weren't in Meebo so I could warn you.
On the plus side I do have a revivification syringe so we'll have you breathing again in no time!

It dawns on me I could've had my character say something before I left. Oooops!
(From Gabbly) Jodizzle: no sad deaths apart from the eaten kitten

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #532 on: 22 Oct 2009, 05:54 »

I'm deliberating dying then brain-rotting my character. Would certainly make the game more hardcore and make dying more serious. Is anybody willing to do the dance to revive me if I rot out?

http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Brain_rot#Treatment

But this is a seriously risky course to take. Make absolutely sure you want to before buying brain-rot because you can't back out.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #533 on: 22 Oct 2009, 06:11 »

I caved in, joined the game and have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #534 on: 22 Oct 2009, 07:04 »

Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #535 on: 22 Oct 2009, 07:27 »

Which class did you start as? Although the character classes make little difference once you get past like level 10 or so, in the beginning it affects most of your decisions about what to do. That page he linked mostly explains what different classes should do at the start.

If you go to the Maps page on the Urban Dead wiki you can see where you are located. You probably want to make your way over to Pegton since that is where we are all congregating, but only do it right away if you are close. If you are far away you should concentrate on gaining a couple levels first, or even just make a new character and hope the new one spawns nearer to us.

Also, you should post your profile here so that we can add you to our contacts (and go through previous pages of the thread to add us to your contacts.) You can get your profile URL by clicking on your name.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #536 on: 22 Oct 2009, 08:27 »

OK I've created a new character called Josefa Bailey, a firefighter. I think I'm asleep in a VSB building at the moment. I'm trying to make my way over to Pegton.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #537 on: 22 Oct 2009, 08:57 »

Now I'm also a zombie.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #538 on: 22 Oct 2009, 10:16 »

No one will revive my Red'Shirt guy! How am I supposed to kill him lots?
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Nodaisho

« Reply #539 on: 22 Oct 2009, 15:37 »

One day of searching got me at least 5 pistol clips, a pistol with 4 rounds in it, a loaded shotgun, 2 or 3 shotgun shells, and a flak jacket. Not bad. I forsee XP coming much more quickly now that I have basic firearms training and access to a safe police department.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #540 on: 22 Oct 2009, 15:55 »

I think you'll still want to stick to the axe until you learn advanced pistol training. You can be absolutely sure just by checking the wiki though; they actually went to the trouble of calculating the average damage/AP for all sorts of different combat situations (eg. wielding a pistol, basic firearms training but no advanced pistol skill, attacking a zombie wearing a flak jacket, with and without AP spent resupplying taken into account.)

Of course that's nothing compared to how they figure out the search probabilities for items:
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Search_Odds

(hint: these people have a lot of time on their hands)

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #541 on: 22 Oct 2009, 16:09 »

Here's another thing to consider: you can't choose between finding shells or clips, you just search and take what you can get. So even if you grab Basic Shotgun or Pistol Training, dicking around searching for ammunition may not really be the best use of your time when you consider that you may very well end up with a bunch of ammo you can't use very well yet. In fact, that's why I grabbed Basic Shotgun Training to go along with my Basic Pistol Training rather than perfect one of my gun skills right away. Advanced only gives 10% accuracy, after all, and I was frankly up to my ears in shotgun shells at the time and didn't want to just start discarding them on the off chance I could scrounge up a replacement clip quickly.

Nodaisho

« Reply #542 on: 22 Oct 2009, 16:10 »

Of course they have a lot of time on their hands, they can only play for about 4 minutes per day.

I checked, actually, and a pistol with basic firearms training is a bit faster to kill with than an axe.

If you reload a partially-filled gun, do you lose the ammo that is left in the clip?

All I've got right now is basic firearms, Alex. I'll get basic pistol before basic shotgun, but probably basic shotgun before advanced pistol.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #543 on: 22 Oct 2009, 17:31 »

(hint: these people have a lot of time on their hands)
I wrote a script that crawled the map and tallied up all the numbers of different buildings there were. Pretty basic but I was amused.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #544 on: 22 Oct 2009, 18:17 »

Of course they have a lot of time on their hands, they can only play for about 4 minutes per day.

I checked, actually, and a pistol with basic firearms training is a bit faster to kill with than an axe.

If you reload a partially-filled gun, do you lose the ammo that is left in the clip?

All I've got right now is basic firearms, Alex. I'll get basic pistol before basic shotgun, but probably basic shotgun before advanced pistol.

Yes, but that calculation doesn't include time spent getting ammo which dramatically destroys that benefit.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Nodaisho

« Reply #545 on: 22 Oct 2009, 18:32 »

My searching is mostly going to be for shotguns and shells, for emergency building clearing, all of the pistols and ammo I get is just a bonus. Once I have the ammo anyway, it is quicker to use the pistol and basic firearms training on average, when you include reloading.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #546 on: 23 Oct 2009, 05:24 »

Hey guys, I was just thinking, maybe we should dive into the heavier fighting on the western edge of the suburb or in Vinetown to the south, and use the hospital area as a fallback position when the fighting gets too hot/you need to take a breather to resupply. The center of Pegton seems pretty safe, but there's a lot more action just outside it. For example, just over the border to the west are a police station and an NT building that keep getting broken into.

What do you guys think? Am I underestimating how much needs done around the hospitals?

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #547 on: 23 Oct 2009, 08:33 »

LET'S DO IT.
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• om nom nom nom
« Reply #548 on: 23 Oct 2009, 08:34 »

Whoa, there are 3 zombies in St. Matthew's right now, and the doors are wide open.

I FAKed a bunch of people, but ran out and spent the rest of my AP searching for more and freerunning next door to St. Sircius.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #549 on: 23 Oct 2009, 08:36 »

I've attacked a zombie but I'm out of APs and it isn't dead. I haven't got any other skills so I will probably stay in the hospital area fighting zombies until I've earned some.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32   Go Up