THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 16:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: QC vs Zombies!  (Read 139068 times)

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
Re: QC vs Zombies!
« Reply #550 on: 23 Oct 2009, 08:37 »

One zombie St. Matt's, bodies are dumped, building is lightly barricaded.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #551 on: 23 Oct 2009, 09:30 »

Am I underestimating how much needs done around the hospitals?

Whoa, there are 3 zombies in St. Matthew's right now, and the doors are wide open.

Apparently there's my answer. Were there any people killed by the zombies who need reviving? My AP is about fully recharged from yesterday, so I can swing by the cemetery to revive people if there's anyone waiting.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #552 on: 23 Oct 2009, 09:45 »

St. Matthews is clear and barricades are rebuilt.
« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2009, 09:51 by Ozymandias »
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #553 on: 23 Oct 2009, 09:46 »

Finally making progress in Pegton with Tobias, I've got two flare guns, 3 med kits, loaded pistol and 3 clips, I might actually be able to kill something soon and get some damn experience. Gonna rummage through the police station I'm in a bit more though. Are shotguns in police stations? I've been searching, but no luck so far.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

ackblom12

« Reply #554 on: 23 Oct 2009, 09:50 »

Yeah, Police Stations have Shotguns, Pistols, Flack Jackets, and ammo for the Shotties and pistols. I have managed to find 4 fully loaded shotguns and a shit load of pistol amo and shells, but no pistols as of yet.

I will find one goddamnit.

CardinalFang

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #555 on: 23 Oct 2009, 09:56 »

St. Matthews is clear and barricades are rebuilt.

Is that anyway to treat Serious Ponies number one fan?
(From Gabbly) Jodizzle: no sad deaths apart from the eaten kitten

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #556 on: 23 Oct 2009, 10:15 »

I've also put Serious Ponies as my group on Tobias, if someone wants to add me to the wiki page.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #557 on: 23 Oct 2009, 10:31 »

Profile link?
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

ackblom12

« Reply #558 on: 23 Oct 2009, 10:48 »

Make that 5 fully loaded Shotguns with 3 shotguns worth of ammo. These cops were fucking serious.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #559 on: 23 Oct 2009, 12:16 »

Anyone know if there are zombies at the cemetery? I'll come over and do revives if there are, but if nobody knows then I wasn't planning to swing by that way to check today.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #560 on: 23 Oct 2009, 13:24 »

St. Siricius went down to loosely barricaded. I just finished taking it back up to EH, but I'm not sure if there's still zombies outside who will try to change that and I'm down to single-digit AP a.k.a. my emergency stash.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #561 on: 23 Oct 2009, 15:00 »

Christ, 30 AP down searching and no more shotguns, just two shells. At least I got 5 more clips and another pistol, but I got a bunch of spare flack jackets too. I guess I'll have to let 7 spare rounds and a shotgun be enough for now, I would really prefer to have a bunch of shotguns, but I guess that can wait.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #562 on: 23 Oct 2009, 15:04 »

Searching gets a lot better when you get the skills and search in a powered mall. If you're in Pegton, Giddings mall is reliably open and just a bit north. There's a factory just south east of it that's a solid camp-out if you want to make a two-day trip out of supplies.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #563 on: 23 Oct 2009, 15:11 »

Profile link?

ooh, sorry 'bout that. http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1628318

Also, apparently 25 zombies were seen at St. Johns, some sort of tour pro-zombie group? They're headed towards the police stations apparently. Any with information for a direction I can safely run in, I'm at Dinham Police Dept. I've only got 8 AP left, but I do have a few med kits at least. I just don't want to get caught on the street, or be trapped in a sinking ship. hopefully I'll be able to monitor more closely when I get home.

Nodaisho

« Reply #564 on: 23 Oct 2009, 15:14 »

I don't have shopping yet, so I've just been at the police station 3 moves away from St. Matthews. I'm getting shopping after the basic pistol and shotgun skills.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #565 on: 23 Oct 2009, 15:16 »

Boro-B, head east. The hospitals aren't far away and are holding up OK. St. Matt's is the entry point, if I recall correctly.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #566 on: 23 Oct 2009, 15:25 »

The police station right now is VSB and there's like 20 people here, of course, they're all probably newbs like me but... I don't want to risk anything until I have at least 20 AP, I can hold off here for a bit and run if I have to.

When are we making an all-zombie group? The Becktown Ghoul is waiting hungrily, and I'm about to be able to afford lurching gait.
« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2009, 15:34 by Boro_Bandito »

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #567 on: 23 Oct 2009, 16:49 »

What name should it have? I'd say Undead Unicorns is a good one.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #568 on: 23 Oct 2009, 16:59 »

Someone already suggested the best name (I forget who):

Serious BRAINZZZ!!!

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #569 on: 23 Oct 2009, 18:20 »

Dammit Stephen, I cannot find a shotgun to save my life. I have shells for one but not the gun itself! Also I had three pistols at one point, but I dumped two because really you only need one. All I want is a shotgun but nooooo I can't have it. Pffffffffft.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Nodaisho

« Reply #570 on: 23 Oct 2009, 21:46 »

Also I had three pistols at one point, but I dumped two because really you only need one.
Shouldn't have. Time spent next to a zombie is better spent shooting it than reloading to shoot it. Reload back at a safehouse. Most people carry several pistols and shotguns so you don't have to reload in the middle of attacking.

ZJGent

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • Night Talk at Harvey's
« Reply #571 on: 24 Oct 2009, 07:18 »

I think it goes to show how much of pansy, sappy, flowery wuss of a twunt my doctor character Rodrick Saint is, that after much hard work trying to get more than the paltry 16 exp points I have with him, I finally caved and made a firefighter character called John Solipsi.

I have, in the first five minutes of using this new character, got 45 exp points and near-obliterated a zombie with my axe.
Never was much of a healer mindset, me. More cricket bat than first-aid kit. Am in a fire station in Molebank, if anyone's in the neighbourlies.
[02:29] Danosaur: I'd Spektor your Regina.

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #572 on: 24 Oct 2009, 15:37 »

5 zombie's just broke into St. Matthew's Hospital. Radio out, assistance needed.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #573 on: 24 Oct 2009, 15:54 »

I did what I could, got one down a few HP, but my dude is out of AP for now. Once I build up some more I'll pop back over.
Liz is touching me.

Nodaisho

« Reply #574 on: 24 Oct 2009, 16:04 »

3 left, one at half health, killed a flesh rotter and threw him outside. Out of AP completely, ran back to Siricius and reloaded my pistols when I was at 3 AP. At least this turn got me 80 XP, so now I've got two full revolvers and pistol training, for when they get back up and try again. Might nab shotgun training tomorrow, if there are some inside still. I've got enough XP, I've just been saving some for lurching gait when I die.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #575 on: 24 Oct 2009, 18:00 »

3 more on the doorstep, everyone inside appears to be fine. I always log on just after I can do any cading.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #576 on: 24 Oct 2009, 18:02 »

I whacked the shit out of a dude outside, dinged. Cades and survivors still totally okay, though.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #577 on: 24 Oct 2009, 18:38 »

One wounded zombie left outside.

I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this or not as a tip, but when I scan a rotter I add them to my contacts and colour them red. This way you can easily see and target them in the stack of zombies later.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #578 on: 24 Oct 2009, 20:33 »

One wounded zombie left outside.

What is the point of killing zombies outside? I mean, attacking zombies outside for XP I understand, and that's a fine reason, but is there some sort of tactical advantage to killing zombies outside a threatened building?

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #579 on: 24 Oct 2009, 20:40 »

From what I understand it, it's better to get them heavily wounded, so that way when they try and break in it'll only take a few hits to put 'em back down. Otherwise you're just using up a few of their AP, which can be negated with Ankle Grab.

Just refueled the genny in St. Siricius's, feeling fairly good about my stock of 21 FAKs.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #580 on: 24 Oct 2009, 21:26 »

Because it is fun, Jho.

Actually now that you mention it that was kind of a waste of my AP. It cost me ~40AP to take him down with a fireaxe and it'll cost him 6AP to stand back up. My only answer is that I had nothing better to do and killing zombies is kind of what this is about.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #581 on: 25 Oct 2009, 07:59 »

When are we making an all-zombie group? The Becktown Ghoul is waiting hungrily, and I'm about to be able to afford lurching gait.

Have you been able to find any harmanz around Becktown? I'm getting brains withdrawal over here.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #582 on: 25 Oct 2009, 09:31 »

St Matt's was broken into. Two zombies inside; barricades are back up, and I left one zombie at 4HP so someone can grab the kill xp.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #583 on: 25 Oct 2009, 09:40 »

Awww jeez, the only zombie there was up to 40 something HP, I got him down to 12 or so but I ran out of AP. Can someone finish it off?
Liz is touching me.

Puki

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #584 on: 25 Oct 2009, 10:05 »

Ok, it's down to 4 HP - apparently I suck at stabbing peo.. zombies. Also, have to get enough XP to get shotgun or pistol proficiency.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #585 on: 25 Oct 2009, 14:16 »

shoot, I didn't mean to use my AP for the day, I clicked outside accidentally when logged in just for a brief look around. Oh well, I figured as long as I was outside I better make the best of it.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #586 on: 25 Oct 2009, 19:10 »

Have you been able to find any harmanz around Becktown? I'm getting brains withdrawal over here.

Yeah I'm thinking of heading east to greener, harmanz filled pastures.

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • om nom nom nom
« Reply #587 on: 25 Oct 2009, 20:46 »

I am coming to understand that if I want to get any experience at all, I need to venture forth from the little complex of buildings St. Matthew's is located in, in order to find people who are actually in need of healing.

Who'da thunkit.

ackblom12

« Reply #588 on: 25 Oct 2009, 20:52 »

Nerdry is actually in St. Matthews with 20hp  and infected right now if folks want to get some free xp.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #589 on: 26 Oct 2009, 04:54 »

Hopefully all you healers regularly walk a circuit through other buildings anyway to find wounded survivors, but in case you are someone who just sits in the hospital all the time waiting for wounded to come to you, there's a pretty wounded guy named Stuart Finnerty in the Pavior Building a couple blocks south of the hospitals. He's at 22 HP, so you can heal him a bunch of times.

I am coming to understand that if I want to get any experience at all, I need to venture forth from the little complex of buildings St. Matthew's is located in, in order to find people who are actually in need of healing.

Who'da thunkit.

Oh wait, so you guys haven't been walking a circuit? Yeah you should be strolling around every day. Just look on the map to plan out a route where you freerun through buildings in a circle that starts and ends with the hospital. Don't use up all your AP, so that you can pop in during random minutes throughout the day and heal anyone who staggers into the hospital.
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2009, 04:58 by jhocking »

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #590 on: 26 Oct 2009, 08:27 »

I'm up to 87 XP again so I'm contemplating my next skill. Right now I'm thinking about going for pistol training, since that should help me build up XP a lot faster and waste less ammo doing so. After that I'm thinking Construction, then maybe shopping or first aid. Sound like a good plan?
Liz is touching me.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #591 on: 26 Oct 2009, 08:58 »

Guys, I'm kind of dead outside St Matthews. I was 1AP short of safety and intended to come back and go inside in 30 minutes but I got caught up in my tort law reading and now I am all kinds of dead :(

Now I'm somehow a zombie with negative AP, I do not understand this game at all but please don't kill me.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #592 on: 26 Oct 2009, 09:15 »

You have negative AP because you had less than 10 when you stood up. Standing up costs 10 AP (unless you have Ankle Grab, a zombie skill that I'm saving up for) so if you have less than 10 to begin with you will go negative. Not a big deal, your AP will still recover at the normal rate, so once you've rested up a while you can move to a revive point. The nearest revive point is the cemetery a couple blocks south of you.

I would offer to revive you since I'm right there and have needles, but I won't have enough AP rested up for a few hours. Chances are someone else will have revived you by then, but if in a couple hours you still need a revive then post here and I'll get you.

ADDITION: note pack of wolves' message below: after being revived don't stand up until you've recharged enough AP to get to safety. Going negative when you're a zombie doesn't matter much, but if you go negative while a survivor you will probably just die again because you're stuck outside.

I'm up to 87 XP again so I'm contemplating my next skill. Right now I'm thinking about going for pistol training, since that should help me build up XP a lot faster and waste less ammo doing so. After that I'm thinking Construction, then maybe shopping or first aid. Sound like a good plan?

If you've been shooting and don't have pistol training then that sounds like a good plan. You want to build up skill in whatever your main attack is before branching into other skills.

Also, Diagnosis is much more useful than First Aid, get Diagnosis before First Aid.
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2009, 10:18 by jhocking »

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #593 on: 26 Oct 2009, 09:35 »

Got back from the mall and downed three zombies on the way (I had 14 shotgun shots and 40ish pistol shots to use with my maxed shooting skills), so now I'm in the hospital with First aid skills and 6 FAKs. Looking better.

my zombie is wandering aimlessly, last time I logged inn I brought a cade down almost all the way, when I checked back inn all the survivors were killed.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #594 on: 26 Oct 2009, 09:51 »

We really need some zombie coordination in order to trash safehouses. Whereabouts is yours?

Guys, I'm kind of dead outside St Matthews. I was 1AP short of safety and intended to come back and go inside in 30 minutes but I got caught up in my tort law reading and now I am all kinds of dead :(

Now I'm somehow a zombie with negative AP, I do not understand this game at all but please don't kill me.

I've revived you and cured your infection (zombie bites give you an infection that causes you to lose health when you use AP while human and will remain after you're revived if you aren't healed first), just make sure you don't stand up until you have enough AP to spend 10 on standing and still get inside.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • om nom nom nom
« Reply #595 on: 26 Oct 2009, 10:11 »

That Framistan guy in St. Matthews has no non-zombie skills.  Does that point to a possible zombie spy or something along those lines?

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #596 on: 26 Oct 2009, 10:15 »

Yeah no survivor skills and a bunch of zombie skills almost certainly means a zombie spy. Nothing you can do about him though other than watch your back; attacking another survivor is a good way to be branded a zombie spy yourself.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #597 on: 26 Oct 2009, 12:20 »

Thanks for the revive! I'll stand up when I get home later and stagger inside (maybe I should find out how to play this game before I start wandering around outside with no particular aim in sight).
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #598 on: 26 Oct 2009, 12:35 »

No no wait longer than that. You recharge 1 AP every half hour, so it takes 5 hours to rest 10 AP, and even then you'll barely have enough AP to enter the building after standing up.

You can have a max of 50 so I'd just wait until you're fully rested up (ie. tomorrow) before standing. While lying down you are completely invulnerable.

---

As for me, well this is what I get for getting cocky. Literally minutes after I finished trash talking how the zombies keep trying to bust in but never accomplish anything, one rips down the barricades and bursts in.
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2009, 12:41 by jhocking »

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #599 on: 26 Oct 2009, 13:29 »

I made a zombie called Edward from Twilight. I play him on my phone. In his first day, he killed a person outside of a church, then went into the church and beat a guy up, then went back outside to the other zombies. Then they high fived.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32   Go Up