THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 05:19
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: QC vs Zombies!  (Read 139192 times)

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
Re: QC vs Zombies!
« Reply #600 on: 26 Oct 2009, 15:25 »

awesome
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #601 on: 26 Oct 2009, 16:13 »

12 bodies outside of St. Matthews. I ran out of AP right as I went into St Matthews, so I didn't get to announce it, but other than that, it is very clear in Pegton. Killed two zombies, though, so I got enough XP to get shotgun training.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #602 on: 26 Oct 2009, 16:31 »

I didn't read that advice and stood up, but I had 12AP so I stood up, went inside and healed myself 5HP. I will stay off the site for the whole of tomorrow to get my AP back up.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #603 on: 26 Oct 2009, 19:32 »

12 bodies outside of St. Matthews. I ran out of AP right as I went into St Matthews, so I didn't get to announce it, but other than that, it is very clear in Pegton. Killed two zombies, though, so I got enough XP to get shotgun training.

One of the bodies was me  :cry:

Just stood up, I'm at negative AP outside St. Matthew's, will shamble to the cemetery if nobody revives me first.

(honestly, I had a bit of a death wish. I purposely stuck around St. Matthew's rebuilding barricades after zombies broke in because I wanted to purchase Ankle Grab after being killed.)

Nodaisho

« Reply #604 on: 26 Oct 2009, 19:53 »

Are you outside of St. Matthews still? I'll ask everyone inside if they have a needle.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #605 on: 26 Oct 2009, 20:12 »

Damn finally got free running, bout time, hit a zombie with 3 shotgun shells and a flare gun, out of ammo though, need to head back to the police stations tomorrow to stock up. What should I go for next? pistol training?
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Nodaisho

« Reply #606 on: 26 Oct 2009, 20:18 »

Probably. Pistols are more efficient, you find and reload 6 shots for each 1 shotgun shot, and each shot does 1/2 damage. I've been doing pretty well with the pistols since I got pistol training.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #607 on: 27 Oct 2009, 05:13 »

We really need some zombie coordination in order to trash safehouses. Whereabouts is yours?

North Blythville, outside a EHB police station, with 5 other zombies. Gonna start hitting that bitch when I get 50 AP, if there isn't feeding groans close by.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #608 on: 27 Oct 2009, 06:24 »

I'm in Shackleville and am trying to go to North Blythville now.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #609 on: 27 Oct 2009, 06:30 »

There's a suburb called Shackleville? sweet

ackblom12

« Reply #610 on: 27 Oct 2009, 06:31 »

Alright, just got Lab Experience and will be going for NecroNet Access and revives next.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #611 on: 27 Oct 2009, 06:38 »

nah don't bother with Necronet Access, it is a pretty worthless skill. Lab Experience allows you to do revives so that's as far as you need to go up that skill tree.

Pretty much all survivor skills are useful in different ways, but the basically useless ones to get last after you already have all the other skills are Knife Combat, Radio Operation, and Necronet Access. Also, while Tagging is marginally more useful than those other skills I just listed (spraypainted messages are frequently used to mark entry points and revive points and such,) it's also one to get after everything else.
« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2009, 06:41 by jhocking »

ackblom12

« Reply #612 on: 27 Oct 2009, 06:50 »

oh good, I thought it was required.

Now Syringes, can you only get them from NT buildiongs or can you get them in Hospitals?

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #613 on: 27 Oct 2009, 06:54 »

Just NT buildings.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #614 on: 27 Oct 2009, 07:07 »

wait stephen are your alts in the same suburb? nerdry and hamhands are both you right? having alts too close together is a no-no in UD, so the general rule of thumb is keep them in separate suburbs.

ackblom12

« Reply #615 on: 27 Oct 2009, 07:08 »

nono, Hamhands is several burbs away, Nerdry is the onyl one I'm sticking around Pegton.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #616 on: 27 Oct 2009, 07:44 »

Anyone else up for a zombie meetup? I'm thinking Brookville or something in that area. Then we kill something.

Preferably someone with memories who can open doors. I'm good at killing and moving around and standing up, but not much else.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #617 on: 27 Oct 2009, 07:58 »

I'll get memories of life next, as of now though I only have vigour mortis and lurching gait. anyway I'm like the suburb above North Blythville now, chilling out all clouded brain and such.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #618 on: 27 Oct 2009, 18:11 »

I picked up a toolbox yesterday. I can see how it would be handy if we want to fix up a generator or ruined building after an attack. But the encumbrance on that thing is massive. Worth lugging around?
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

ackblom12

« Reply #619 on: 27 Oct 2009, 20:15 »

Alright, I've got a few syringes if anyone needs reviving.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #620 on: 27 Oct 2009, 20:36 »

I'm tired of idiot harmanz wandering around while I'm offline who keep revivifying me, its an annoying waste of AP to have to find a zombie to eat me and then stand up, maybe I should just go for Ankle Grab next.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #621 on: 28 Oct 2009, 00:29 »

Yeah, revivifying a all zombie-skilled character that's standing around isn't really nice. Revivifying the ones that's hitting your cades, though...

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #622 on: 28 Oct 2009, 00:32 »

Prehehe. Inside a hospital with 9 other zombies. Need greener brainier fields to feed on.

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #623 on: 28 Oct 2009, 01:13 »

Where in Brooksville should we meet? I'm currently passed out at the Culling Building.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #624 on: 28 Oct 2009, 05:25 »

Worth lugging around?

Not really. I mean, how many ruined buildings have you encountered? In a dangerous area that's under constant attack the need for a toolbox to fix ruined buildings is more pressing, but around here that's just fewer FAKs or guns you can carry.

ackblom12

« Reply #625 on: 28 Oct 2009, 08:14 »

St. Matthews needs barricading. a zombie got in and beat a few peopel up, but I managed to get everyone healed and Jace killed it and got the body out. Doors are secured, but I am in Siricus and need some healing.

Edit: on the other hand, 12 heals done so I'm only 33xp from getting construction.
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2009, 08:23 by ackblom12 »

Nodaisho

« Reply #626 on: 28 Oct 2009, 17:17 »

I've gone to Giddings mall, I'll probably be there a couple days trying to get another couple shotguns, pistols, and ammo. I'm trying to get up to 4 of each, since 8 shotgun shots is the average to kill a zombie with advanced shotgun, and it just seems right to have an even number of pistols (I'm having a lot of fun imagining my fireman as being a wild west re-enactor, and breaking out his cowboy action shooting gear for the zombies). I'll grab bargain hunting tomorrow and hope I don't die on the way back so I'm not gone from St. Matthews area for too long.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #627 on: 28 Oct 2009, 22:31 »

There are people with syringes if you get killed.

Also I think combat reviving causes more problems than it solves.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Nodaisho

« Reply #628 on: 28 Oct 2009, 22:50 »

Oh, I was thinking about the amount of AP it would take to walk there, I was saving AP for lurching gait, but it will save more time to take bargain hunting than I would lose if I died and had to walk back to Somerville at 2 AP/square.

of course, given that it is a mall in a green suburb, and I didn't see a single zombie on the way, I'm not worried.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #629 on: 28 Oct 2009, 22:51 »

Has anyone else in St. Siricius's noticed that we are sharing the hospital with an almost-naked Eva Longoria?
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #630 on: 29 Oct 2009, 05:23 »

What I notice is she's a scout. The zombie spies are getting craftier. Who wouldn't want an almost-naked Eva Longoria in their safehouse?

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #631 on: 29 Oct 2009, 05:33 »

Is it bad form to bring down barricades from the outside? Cowing Way Police Dept. is meant to be VSB and has been EHB for a while now.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #632 on: 29 Oct 2009, 05:45 »

It is bad form to break into a safehouse by destroying the barricades, but it is also bad form to overbarricade a marked building, and lowering barricade levels to conform to a barricade plan is an inevitable part of maintaining that plan. Just make sure to clearly announce why you are attacking the barricades so people don't misunderstand, and usually you want to both make sure the barricade level for that building is marked in spraypaint and announce the barricade plan's url. Otherwise the same idiots who think overbarricading is a good idea will think you are kill-on-sight because you are attacking their precious barricades.

Do you have Freerunning yet? If so don't attack the barricades from the outside, do it from the inside so you can see if the building is marked VS on the inside. If you can't Freerun yet, ask someone else to do it for you.
« Last Edit: 29 Oct 2009, 05:47 by jhocking »

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #633 on: 29 Oct 2009, 05:48 »

I don't know whether it's spray-painted but it's in the wiki. Anyway I'm out of AP and a few blocks away now so I'll leave it.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #634 on: 29 Oct 2009, 05:51 »

Not everyone reads the wiki, so that's why I said to announce the url to the other people.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #635 on: 29 Oct 2009, 07:05 »

I attacked a barricade because I fucking hate filing cabinets. It was made out of a filing cabinet.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

ZJGent

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • Night Talk at Harvey's
« Reply #636 on: 29 Oct 2009, 09:47 »

If anyone has a needle and is somewhere in the vicinity of peddlesden village, a revive would be entirely appreciated. Eric said he'd try and get across from the other side of the map but I thought that might be a big ask - anyone nearer? I'm in St. Humphrey's Church.
[02:29] Danosaur: I'd Spektor your Regina.

Puki

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #637 on: 29 Oct 2009, 14:20 »

Woo! I'm now fully stocked up, and I am waiting at St. Siricius's for my Aps to fill up. Then I'm going to try to get some xp finally.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #638 on: 29 Oct 2009, 14:26 »

I have purchased my next skill and now have advanced pistol training. 55% accuracy woooooo. Unfortunately I expended all my energy to get it and now I'm napping in the hospital. Hope it doesn't get broken into...
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #639 on: 29 Oct 2009, 14:41 »

My zombie didn't get much closer to Brookville, I found survivors just waiting to die. Killed one and brought one down to 3 HP, with no chance of finishing in half an hour (grr). I'm suggesting a police department or a hospital with a sizeable horde outside it.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #640 on: 29 Oct 2009, 14:48 »

Eric said he'd try and get across from the other side of the map but I thought that might be a big ask

Wait, across the entire map of Malton or just the suburb you are in? Crossing the entire city to make one revive is silly; if you just stand at a revive point, some random person will probably revive you.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #641 on: 29 Oct 2009, 14:59 »

Hey guys I can revive now. In Pegton I think, am waiting a day for AP to refill.
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #642 on: 29 Oct 2009, 15:07 »

Revives don't seem to be so crucial in the middle of Pegton. I've had the skills for reviving for a couple weeks now, and I've only revived one person. There's never any line at the revive points, so someone else gets around to any zombies needing revives pretty quickly. I'm thinking of working the Oldidge revive point in Edgecombe; that's just over the border from Pegton and is in a much more dangerous area (specifically, their NT keeps getting ransacked so they probably need a supply line of needles coming in from our NT.)

ZJGent

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • Night Talk at Harvey's
« Reply #643 on: 29 Oct 2009, 15:08 »

Wait, across the entire map of Malton or just the suburb you are in? Crossing the entire city to make one revive is silly; if you just stand at a revive point, some random person will probably revive you.

Across the entire map - but I have a feeling I am lost in a stupid dead zone where none of the usual revive points are frequented. I am going to head a little further down the map.
[02:29] Danosaur: I'd Spektor your Regina.

CardinalFang

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #644 on: 29 Oct 2009, 15:38 »

Eric said he'd try and get across from the other side of the map but I thought that might be a big ask

Since when is silly a bad thing?
(From Gabbly) Jodizzle: no sad deaths apart from the eaten kitten

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #645 on: 29 Oct 2009, 15:41 »

Well fine I just said "silly" to be polite.

CardinalFang

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #646 on: 29 Oct 2009, 15:48 »

Have Syringe.
Will Travel.
(From Gabbly) Jodizzle: no sad deaths apart from the eaten kitten

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #647 on: 29 Oct 2009, 16:07 »

I just go round reviving any zombie for kicks if I can.
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #648 on: 29 Oct 2009, 16:23 »

Don't do that, only assholes do that. Although I suppose that was the original intention for this game, very quickly (ie. years ago) things evolved so that people who want to be revived wait at revive points and everyone else will either just commit suicide immediately, wasting the revive, or worse will use the opportunity to sneak into safehouses and cause trouble from the inside.

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #649 on: 29 Oct 2009, 16:32 »

I'm relatively new to this; where could I find a gun?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32   Go Up