THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 04:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: QC vs Zombies!  (Read 139187 times)

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
Re: QC vs Zombies!
« Reply #650 on: 29 Oct 2009, 16:54 »

Hitting up a police station until you get a pistol and a few clips would be your best bet. But unless you start out as a class with marksmanship skills that's probably not gonna do you much good. Perhaps better advice is to find a sturdy axe at a firestation until you can pick up a few levels and get higher percentages with some weapons. You're not gonna go Rambo-ing anything for a few weeks yet.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #651 on: 29 Oct 2009, 17:03 »

read the thread, lots of great advice posted multiple times, including a wiki page for new players

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #652 on: 29 Oct 2009, 19:39 »

Dunno what skill to buy next.
I've got freerunning
Axemanship
Firearms and Pistol
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #653 on: 29 Oct 2009, 19:47 »

Isn't there a third level of pistol training? Once you are fully trained in your main attack, Shopping and Bargain Hunting makes rearming in malls work great.

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #654 on: 29 Oct 2009, 20:02 »

4 pistols (dropped 3 empty ones), 2 loaded shotguns (want 2 more), 11 shotgun shells, 13 pistol clips. Two days ago, I had no pistol ammo, one pistol that wasn't empty, one shotgun, and three spare round. Bargain hunting really does help. I'm going to need to get rid of some ammo, though. I only have 14% encumberance left, and no FAKs.

Could someone that has played the game at higher levels tell me how much ammo people normally carry? I'm thinking 8 shotgun shells so I have enough to completely reload the four shotguns, and 8 pistol clips because my OCD is showing and it should still give me enough room for 10 FAKs, or 6 FAKs, a DNA extractor, and 2 syringes once I go down that skill tree.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #655 on: 29 Oct 2009, 20:09 »

USE AN AAAAAXE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Nodaisho

« Reply #656 on: 29 Oct 2009, 20:10 »

Oh, I've got an axe, and a flack jacket. I was figuring those were taken for granted.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #657 on: 30 Oct 2009, 02:07 »

I'm not carrying an axe - Can't see the need. If I'm not packing, and there's problems in the safehouse, I can heal and cade. I cade first anyways.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #658 on: 30 Oct 2009, 05:47 »

I'm thinking of working the Oldidge revive point in Edgecombe; that's just over the border from Pegton and is in a much more dangerous area (specifically, their NT keeps getting ransacked so they probably need a supply line of needles coming in from our NT.)

Yup there's a line there, just revived a few people at that revive point, and most of the buildings surrounding it are ruined. If anyone needs something to do, the police stations and NT just over the border in Edgecombe could use a lot of TLC.

Puki

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #659 on: 30 Oct 2009, 08:21 »

Just saw that I DIDN'T manage to get to the St.Mathew's in time. Hm.
I'm zombie again.

ackblom12

« Reply #660 on: 30 Oct 2009, 08:23 »

where you at?

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #661 on: 30 Oct 2009, 09:20 »

Since your last turn:
#  Pte Johnson said "Hear Hear!" (19 hours and 55 minutes ago)
# R0ad Dancer said "Hey, I'm not trying to push him away here, and I ain't even slugged him... *Flicking his spent rollup into the corner, Turner leans back* Because, no, I don't want this to end in a steaming pile of shit." (18 hours and 33 minutes ago)
# A flare was fired 14 blocks to the west and 4 blocks to the north. (18 hours and 3 minutes ago)
# Locke McKenzie said "*Locke ponders for a moment. Frustrated that he can't find the words to make them understand. He grinds his teeth as he denies justification. His gaze returns to the group* I jus' wished you'd all stop wastin' yer breath..." (16 hours and 49 minutes ago)
# Locke McKenzie said "*With that Locke turns and picks up his pack and then heads out of the door*" (16 hours and 47 minutes ago)
# Queen Mum said " *Tenatively approaches Turner.* Babe? Should... we... or you? *She sighs* I'm sorry." (16 hours and 40 minutes ago)
# HunterThompson said "*Hunter shakes his head* No Mum...it's not that easy. I think deep down you realize that. If Locke isn't comfortable with the life we've built here, he's not going to want to fit in." (16 hours and 6 minutes ago)
# HunterThompson said "*Hunter is now addressing no one in particular* In a way, we've formed a family unit. One that might be putting him off. Turner and QM; head of the house. McPwnt and I as the weird uncles. Annie and Snookums as the little one, and adorabe furry companion" (15 hours and 52 minutes ago)
# HunterThompson said "*Hunter sncikers* and finally Charlie as the grand-pa, if only because we all call him Father." (15 hours and 48 minutes ago)
# Queen Mum said "I guess so. Maybe. I always kind of thought, in that model, that he'd be like my brother in law, or... brother in sin, technically. Brother out of law... However that would work. There's always been space for him though, in my mind." (15 hours and 34 minutes ago)
# Queen Mum said "There has been for two years. *She fumbles for Turner's hand and searches his face for any sign, whether she should stay close or back off for now.*" (15 hours and 34 minutes ago)
# HunterThompson said "In you're mind...sure. But what about in his?" (15 hours and 22 minutes ago)
# HunterThompson said "*your" (15 hours and 22 minutes ago)
# R0ad Dancer said "*Turner squeezes her hand, and meets her eyes, a somewhat resigned expression on his face* I dunno what to say. I don't think we asked him to do anything out of order, just not kill someone. We didn't put words in his mouth, or try and push him away. *He" (15 hours and 14 minutes ago)
# R0ad Dancer said "shrugs sadly* maybe we'll see him again, maybe not. If he can't, or won't, deal with that, with us... Well, that's his choice..." (15 hours and 13 minutes ago)
# Queen Mum said "*Nods to Hunter.* Yeah, I know and I can't guess what he wanted, even though I asked. *She wraps her arms around Turner and holds him tightly, then leans back to meet his gaze again.* I'm still sorry it happened, love. *There's quiet moment of wordless..." (14 hours and 39 minutes ago)
# Queen Mum said "... exchange between the long time couple... then* I understand its an English tradition in situations like this to have a drink or eight. Do you want one? I do." (14 hours and 39 minutes ago)
# R0ad Dancer said "Yeh, why the fuck not... *He glances at the others and shrugs* Care to join us?" (14 hours and 33 minutes ago)
# HunterThompson said "*To Mum and Turner* I've one more bottle from the case of whiskey I found last spring. *Hunter opens the latch on his black leather doctor's bag, the one with the bright orange letters painted on spelling 'Kingdom of Fear', and finds two whiskey bottles*" (14 hours and 24 minutes ago)
# HunterThompson said "*One full, and unopened, one down to it's last third. He keeps the latter for himself, and passes the other to QM and Turner.*" (14 hours and 22 minutes ago)
# R0ad Dancer said "*Taking the bottle from Hunter, Turner manages a smile* Thanks mate, I owe you one, not just for this *Taps the bottle* but for being you, and sticking with us through thick and thin" (14 hours and 17 minutes ago)
# Queen Mum said "I'll second that, weird Uncle Hunter. *Smiles, sniffs a little.* I'll go find our best, least broken glasses. *Dodging into the kitchen she returns shortly with several glasses with only minor chipping.* Triple please. Annie, you want a coke or something?" (14 hours and 11 minutes ago)
# HunterThompson said "*Hunter smiles* I didn't get to know Locke, but I trust him to deicde what's best. I can say without hindsight that recent events were just the trigger. He was never quite at ease here. No one hearing that should find it an enlightening statement." (13 hours and 58 minutes ago)
# HunterThompson said "*In case the moment was well and truly over, Hunter adds* I jsut wanted to say that before getting too drunk to be articulate." (13 hours and 55 minutes ago)
# The lights came on inside Snell Auto Repair. (13 hours and 51 minutes ago)
# Queen Mum said " *Nods* You're right, I mean, he wasn't making sense, was he? I admit I'm not the swiftest when it comes to interacting with the living, but... *She makes a sound of frustration.* But you're perceptive as always, Doctor, and I'll drink to that." (13 hours and 39 minutes ago)
# Tlar said "Quite a mob of zeds at Veryard NT, 8 or so." (13 hours and 11 minutes ago)
# Queen Mum said " *Sets her drink down.* Best go have a quick look before I get to far into it. *Short time later she returns and wipes her hands with a wet rag.* It's well fortified for the moment, but I had to roll a body out... No one I recognised at least." (12 hours and 6 minutes ago)
# Pte Johnson said "*with the drinking in full flow, Fsther Johnson takes his clear head up to Veryard*" (6 hours and 33 minutes ago)
# Pte Johnson said "Arse, it's no use, I need guns and ammo, can't swing an axe for trying......the NT's ehb but they've a guest needs evicting.....now dont' go getting all morose on whisky.....best I have some too, thin it out a little *grins and rubs hands before pouring" (6 hours and 29 minutes ago)
# Pte Johnson said "a small glass - while standing, father J rasies his glass* To us, and to locke, where his path may lead him *knocks it back, pulls a face, looks at watch* mummmmmm not to early for another.....don't mind if I do *pours another to sip*" (6 hours and 26 minutes ago)
# Pte Johnson said "*wherever*" (6 hours and 26 minutes ago)
# Pte Johnson said "*bloodyhell - wherever*" (6 hours and 25 minutes ago)
# A flare was fired 2 blocks to the west and 10 blocks to the north. (5 hours and 49 minutes ago)
# R0ad Dancer said "Still waker 'n there then? I'll go 'ave a looksie... *Turner gets up a little unsteadily, and grabs another gulp before clambouring out of the barricades*" (4 hours and 29 minutes ago)
# R0ad Dancer said "*Climbing backin with a slight slip and a thud, Turner gets back to his feet* An' they say you shoulden mix guns an' booze... Heh... Cheers! *Snagging his glass he clinks with Charlie, Hunter and Queenie*" (4 hours and 25 minutes ago)

Since your last turn:
    * Queen Mum said "Cheers to that. An' the shooting stuff. *She takes another deep swig and grabs her bag.* Better go have a looksee.... *In a bit, she returns entering much more slowly than Turner did so as not to take a tumble.* There's five wakers in there now..." (exactly 1 hour ago)
    * Queen Mum said "...but I managed to nail some stuff up and pile s'me stuff too. *After refilling her glass and noting the rapidly draining bottle, she frowns and extends her thumb towards Turner.* I hammered my 'fumb. Ow." (exactly 1 hour ago)

Maybe I should stay here.
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2009, 13:07 by calenlass »
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Puki

« Reply #662 on: 30 Oct 2009, 09:30 »

where you at?

The Mighty Cupcake revived me! Thanks to the Mighty Cupcake!:D
Ok, now I have to wait to fill my APs.

Dying was worth it - I'm 100%encumbered with pistols, shotguns, and first-aid kits! Ok, just to get back on my lively feet and I'm good to go! :D

@calenlass - Zombie Soap Opera ftw!
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2009, 09:35 by Puki »

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #663 on: 30 Oct 2009, 09:34 »

Could someone that has played the game at higher levels tell me how much ammo people normally carry? I'm thinking 8 shotgun shells so I have enough to completely reload the four shotguns, and 8 pistol clips because my OCD is showing and it should still give me enough room for 10 FAKs, or 6 FAKs, a DNA extractor, and 2 syringes once I go down that skill tree.

Carry whatever spread of equipment makes sense for you. The main thing is to just keep stocking up until you are at 100% encumbrance, because there's no point in carrying any less. I tended to carry less firepower but that was so I could carry more FAKs and syringes, up to 25 FAKs at a time. Someone more focused on healing others would want more FAKs, but someone who shoots zombies a lot would want lots of ammo; stock up on whatever it is you use the most. I might suggest reducing the number of shotguns you carry around in order to carry more ammo, because guns weigh a lot more than ammo so carrying more than two shotguns seems like a bad tradeoff to me, but that's just my opinion off the top of my head.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #664 on: 30 Oct 2009, 09:39 »

I've been playing a few days now and I haven't figured out what I'm meant to be doing, beyond wandering around sporadically searching and sometimes taking a swipe at zombies. I keep going too far from VSB buildings too, so I end up being exposed to attack. Should I keep doing this until I've got enough to get a skill and then work up or is there a quicker route to gaining XP?
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #665 on: 30 Oct 2009, 09:53 »

read the thread, this has all been explained multiple times by multiple people

long story short: the biggest downside to UD is how excruciatingly slow XP gain can be for new characters, I already mentioned that on previous pages. The fastest route to gaining XP varies depending on what kind of character you have, the newbie page on the wiki explains all that.

ADDITION: You're Josefa Bailey right? Just looked at your profile, you're doing fine. Because you're a firefighter I would suggest not wasting time searching and just concentrate on attacking; it sounds like you may be doing it the other way around, but firefighters don't need to search for ammo or FAKs in order to keep doing their thing.

You almost have the 100 XP for your first skill, get Freerunning so you won't be stuck in danger as much. For a firefighter it is arguable that you might want Hand To Hand first and Freerunning second in order to accelerate your XP gain, but I always recommend Freerunning first.
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2009, 10:04 by jhocking »

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #666 on: 30 Oct 2009, 10:23 »

Well I think the problem is that I can't find any zombies; how do you know where they are, other than just wandering? Is there a way? I looked on the wiki but there's so much info I get confused.

Basically I'm not really a gaming kind of person, I get muddled and lose interest, but I quite like this one.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #667 on: 30 Oct 2009, 10:48 »

The middle of Pegton is really safe; great for hiding out in, but not great for hunting. Go south into Vinetown or west into Edgecombe to find zombies. For example, I've been hanging out around the west edge of Pegton/east edge of Edgecombe where there's been a lot of pretty intense fighting. Then every couple days when I run out of supplies I journey back to the hospitals to stock up on FAKs.

Now it's basically impossible to find VS buildings to take safety in when there are lots of zombies attacking all the time, but once you have Freerunning that won't matter. Even if a building is ruined and infested with zombies, you can use it to enter and hop over to neighboring EH buildings. Staying safe in the danger zone I'm in is as simple as finding the nearest building with its lights out (out here that's basically every resource building, because the zombies keep trashing the police departments and NT and such) and then freerunning from there to a safe building.

Also, as a firefighter you don't constantly need to find more zombies like I have to. Lab techs can scan each zombie only once and therefore need to find as many zombies as possible every day; a firefighter just needs to find one zombie and hack at it over and over.
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2009, 10:51 by jhocking »

CardinalFang

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #668 on: 30 Oct 2009, 11:31 »

I'll be happy to stagger back to Pegton after I get some more APs.

Not that I have a zombie character or anything.

Nope.

(From Gabbly) Jodizzle: no sad deaths apart from the eaten kitten

Nodaisho

« Reply #669 on: 30 Oct 2009, 12:20 »

I might suggest reducing the number of shotguns you carry around in order to carry more ammo, because guns weigh a lot more than ammo so carrying more than two shotguns seems like a bad tradeoff to me, but that's just my opinion off the top of my head.
average amount of shots to kill a 50HP zombie with a shotgun is 8, if I carried 2 that would be 12 AP (8 + 4 reloads), if I carried 4 that would be 8. It takes 12 to kill a flesh rotted zombie, but that would need 6 shotguns, which makes for 36% encumbrance, 4 is only 24%. You might be right, I will probably figure out what the right amount of shotguns is as I play.

Shotguns actually only weigh 2% more than as much ammo as they can hold, 6% for a shotgun, 4% for two shells. So there isn't much gain, just 4% over carrying two shotguns and enough extra ammo to fill the two shotguns I wouldn't carry (if you understand what I am saying, I can't figure out how to word it).

edit: 21HP flesh rotter outside st matthews, emptied two shotguns and a pistol or 2 into him, but ran out of AP, stepped inside and fell asleep.
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2009, 12:42 by Nodaisho »

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #670 on: 30 Oct 2009, 16:02 »

The Mighty Cupcake revived me! Thanks to the Mighty Cupcake!:D

You're welcome, hombre.
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #671 on: 31 Oct 2009, 05:20 »

I keep going too far from VSB buildings too, so I end up being exposed to attack.

You're pretty smart May, so you can probably do this even easier than me. I just count how many AP it took until I found a zombie, then I add 3. That way I can always make it back to my VSB safehouse.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Puki

« Reply #672 on: 31 Oct 2009, 05:43 »

Oi! Jefferson Hellie is in St.Siricius's, resting, and if anyone needs some Xp, and has some FAKs, I'm at 30 HP., and is fully healed, thanks.
« Last Edit: 31 Oct 2009, 06:08 by Puki »

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #673 on: 31 Oct 2009, 06:36 »

Finally filled up with ammo and FAKs up at Giddings Mall, gonna get back down tomorrow.

Puki

« Reply #674 on: 31 Oct 2009, 10:41 »

Woo! Just killed my first zombie! *flails*

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #675 on: 01 Nov 2009, 00:20 »

St. Matthew's is under heavy zombie assault oh nooooooooo.

On the plus side, I am now leveling like a motherfucker.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Puki

« Reply #676 on: 01 Nov 2009, 07:08 »

Flare gun! Usefull or not?

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #677 on: 01 Nov 2009, 07:41 »

not

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #678 on: 01 Nov 2009, 10:41 »

The utility of the flare gun is largely nullified by the fact that we have forums & meebo.
It is fun to shoot people with them sometimes though.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Puki

« Reply #679 on: 01 Nov 2009, 10:50 »

Yeah, I was considering as keeping them for zombie flaring purposes, but they have really bad hit percentages, so I threw them away.

Nodaisho

« Reply #680 on: 01 Nov 2009, 11:33 »

They are useful if your only weapon skill is basic firearms, because then they have the best damage per AP of any of the guns, but beside that, the most use they would be would be mass flare-attacking zombies that have been covered in fuel, which isn't really possible to co-ordinate.

edit: 2 outside St. Matthews, 1 at 3 HP. It would be dead, but I got a string of 10 misses with my pistols and ran out of AP trying to fire axe it to death.
« Last Edit: 01 Nov 2009, 11:38 by Nodaisho »

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #681 on: 01 Nov 2009, 18:47 »

Side note (maybe this has been mentioned), but the random-number generator they used was based on the time since the last equinox so people would figure out the rhythm they'd have to hit to optimize it and use that to get almost all hits. Since then this has been fixed but I am still doubtful and would warn against jamming the 'attack' button a bunch of times rapid-fire style if that's what you're doing.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #682 on: 02 Nov 2009, 05:01 »

I just revived a couple more people just over the border in Edgecombe. The area I'm working in looks especially bleak today, with all the police stations and the NT building in the corner of Edgecombe ruined.

I don't want a lot of people to abandon the hospitals because our group should be keeping those secure, but if just one or two of the other revivers on our team could come to the border with Edgecombe we could make a dramatic difference here with relatively little effort. I think their main problem is that without a secure NT building they can't revive people quickly, and if people aren't being revived then they can't keep the buildings in that area secure.

Go north a couple blocks from the hospitals to stock up on syringes at the Rowcliffe Building, then head southwest to the corner of the suburb. When you have all your AP rested up, head to Oldidge Way just over the border in Edgecombe and revive people there.

Nodaisho

« Reply #683 on: 02 Nov 2009, 16:53 »

Matthews is clear for now, and the PD that someone in Matthews mentioned has 1 24 health zombie and 21 corpses outside (sadly, not all made by me), with everyone inside it at full health. I'm going to need to make another mall run soon, though. Down to 5 shotgun shells and 2 pistol clips, with all my guns empty.

I've got all the pistol skills, basic shotgun, hand to hand, axe, diagnosis, bargain hunting, and free running, and I'm ready to get my next skill. Left to my own devices, it will be shotgun or headshot, should I go for barricading, healing, or reviving next instead? I get XP a lot quicker since I have been focusing on gun skills, but if we need more of something else, I'll go for that instead.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #684 on: 02 Nov 2009, 17:07 »

Definitely leave first aid and surgery, because they heal more they'll reduce the rate you gain XP at and since we're operating partially out of a hospital more FAKs are easy to come by. Since you're nearly maxed out with combat skills if construction isn't your next skill then make sure it's the one after that. That way you can quickly stop break-ins, whereas without it you have to rely on someone else being online to secure a building once you've taken out the zombies. Given the rate you'll gain XP if you do take advanced shotgun it doesn't have to be your next pick since you'll be able to get it soon enough anyway, but it's definitely a much more worthwhile choice than headshot.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Nodaisho

« Reply #685 on: 02 Nov 2009, 17:16 »

I think my wanting to take headshot is the idea of it slowing anyone I kill down by another 2.5 hours, more for the people that would otherwise only take half an hour to stand back up than the people that take 5 hours to stand up. Not practical, I suppose. I'll take that after I get all of the more important stuff (most survivor skills besides Tagging, Radio Operation, and Knife Combat)

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #686 on: 02 Nov 2009, 17:36 »

I'd take it over Necronet Access since manufacturing syringes is pointless. I would say over surgery as well, but that'll be good for saving AP since our hub of operations does seem to be a group of three hospitals, but on balance headshot might still be the better option for someone who's combat-oriented. Headshot isn't by any means useless, it's a real kicker for a low level zombie because they'll have to start with a max of 35 AP when they stand which really limits the amount of damage they can do. It's just that it'll slow someone trying to break in a lot less than having to smash through barricades, and having construction means you can be more useful when there aren't any zombies around.
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Nodaisho

« Reply #687 on: 02 Nov 2009, 17:40 »

Except I have never seen the hospital not be at VSB, I generally see far more over-barricading than places needing barricading.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #688 on: 02 Nov 2009, 17:55 »

That's because the centre of Pegton is really safe at the moment. That won't necessarily always be the case, and besides staying safe all the time is no fun so it's good to wander. Since zombies will only experience an AP loss maxing at 15 when you make a kill shooting them down in the streets, while fun and profitable, doesn't prevent unwanted brain chewing all that much. The important thing is to clear them out of a building fast and secure it. There are vast numbers of resource buildings around that need people to slaughter the zombies inside, dump the bodies and barricade. Not our main ones at the moment, the hospitals and the Necrotech are pretty secure, but the more buildings that fall in surrounding suburbs the worse it'll get for us as zombies come looking for fresh meat and you can kiss that safe haven goodbye.

Nodaisho

« Reply #689 on: 02 Nov 2009, 18:15 »

Well, sure, I will need construction eventually, but since I'm gaining several levels in less than a week, I'm not worried about it in the short term, I think it would take much longer than that to wipe out the hospitals, since we are now getting 50 or so people in St. Matthews regularly.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #690 on: 02 Nov 2009, 19:21 »

Well really, the important takeaway from what he said is not that St. Matthew's is going to get more dangerous anytime soon, but that you ought to start journeying to danger spots in order to be useful. Killing zombies outside St. Matthew's accomplishes basically nothing other than gaining you XP, whereas if you journey a little south into Vinetown, or a little west into Edgecombe like I've been doing, you can do just as much killing of zombies but simultaneously accomplishing the very useful task of clearing out buildings.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #691 on: 03 Nov 2009, 00:31 »

Gonna come down help when I build up enuff XP to be able to revive.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #692 on: 03 Nov 2009, 01:47 »

Dear fellow zombies;

I just opened St. Callistus's Church in Brooksville, and there's three jummy survivors inside.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #693 on: 03 Nov 2009, 04:42 »

I'm there, it's dropped to two survivors now but I'm currently the only zombie inside.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #694 on: 03 Nov 2009, 05:56 »

RonBeegro shot at me for no reason whatsoever (I wasn't online); watch out for him I guess.

Also I got freerunning! Time to go pillage a mall.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #695 on: 03 Nov 2009, 06:02 »

He didn't kill you though? How odd, it must've been a PKer low on ammo.

Don't bother with the malls yet, you still don't have enough skills to make malls useful (I know, who needs a special skill to shop in a mall? whatever) and those skills aren't something you want to bother getting until you've built up some skills in firearms first. The main advantage of Freerunning is allowing you to more easily find safe refuge. For example, I had suggested heading into more dangerous territory to find zombies to hunt, but hanging around in more dangerous territory is only feasible if you have Freerunning.

You can enter any of the regrettably zombie infested buildings, and then freerun from there into neighboring buildings to take refuge in a building that's extremely heavily barricaded.

ADDITION:
Sorry to brag, but damn I just made over 80 XP this morning! I think that's the most I've ever made in a single day, I had a lot of really good luck today. First off, as per my plan I revived 3 people at Oldidge Way (that's the 30 XP I was expecting to make today,) plus I was able to DNA scan a bunch of zombies while I was outside (another 24 XP) plus the safehouse I retreated to just happened to have a nearly dead survivor in it that I healed up by 30 HP. kaching

Sometimes being a helper really pays off!

ADDITION2: I just noticed Vinetown has gone red on the map. Obviously that could be misinformation like what happened to Pegton before, but since Vinetown was already orange and the situation there has been deteriorating steadily I'm inclined to believe the map.

Do you guys think we should send some help their way or should we concentrate on shoring up Pegton from any zeds migrating up from Vinetown?
« Last Edit: 03 Nov 2009, 07:17 by jhocking »

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #696 on: 03 Nov 2009, 07:39 »

If we help out in Vinetown then it'll probably have a knock-on effect of making Pegton more secure. The zombies will go for the softer targets first, so we can keep large numbers from heading into Pegton by keeping them busy outside the suburb or on the borders. We can always fall back to the hospitals and Necrotech in the centre if they look like getting compromised, but it seems a bad idea to just hold up and wait for a horde to turn up.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #697 on: 03 Nov 2009, 08:01 »

Not just if they are getting compromised, use the hospitals as your fallback position every couple of days when you need to rest up and resupply. That tends to be the most effective way to play; have a secure spot as your home base to return to when you need more ammo/FAKs/needles, and make "strafing" runs into danger zones.

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #698 on: 03 Nov 2009, 09:36 »

calenlass is at 9HP in Heytown. No one has healed me in like a week. :(
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

CardinalFang

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #699 on: 03 Nov 2009, 10:10 »

Well, I didn't know you were there.
Or I did and forgot.
I'm up in Yagoton checking out the mall.
This mall has everything!
I'll head your way.

Edit: Sorry didn't realize it was a page break.
« Last Edit: 03 Nov 2009, 15:53 by CardinalFang »
(From Gabbly) Jodizzle: no sad deaths apart from the eaten kitten
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32   Go Up