THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 15:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: QC vs Zombies!  (Read 139059 times)

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
Re: QC vs Zombies!
« Reply #700 on: 03 Nov 2009, 10:34 »

I'm going to go to the mall for another couple days as soon as I get the AP up (spent 16-18 AP on a zombie inside St. Matthews), then I'll go into vinetown to help out. I've got enough for both advanced shotgun and construction now, so I can help rebarricade, should I try to find a toolkit so I can rebuild ruined buildings as well?

edit: Also, I killed a zombie with a Hail Mary shot from a flare gun. That was awesome.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #701 on: 03 Nov 2009, 10:45 »

I killed two zombies today! One with my pistol, one with my shotgun. Also I now have shotgun training. It is so much easier to get XP when you can actually hit something...
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #702 on: 03 Nov 2009, 11:24 »

Well the past couple of days I've struck out west from Pegton to maybe find some more action. Last night St. Benedict's at the south edge of Peppardville fell while I was in it, but it was only two zombies and I was able to take one of them out with an axe, heal up the others inside, lightly barricade, then bug out to the EHB police dept. next door. And picked up lab experience in the deal, so now I can revive people! I think once I build my AP back up I'll head back to Pegton so I can actually be some use. Things seem to be going pretty well for a doctor/barricade builder/axe wielder, and now I can add revives to that list. Honestly I do not understand why you guys all bother toting around these silly shotguns. [/sorta-in-character]
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #703 on: 03 Nov 2009, 11:45 »

Smokin MahBong is a PK. Also a kawaii trenchie.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

Puki

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #704 on: 03 Nov 2009, 12:12 »

Hm..spent a day in Maney Lane PD (in west Dentonside), but it got broken into, and I spent all of my ammo, so I'm on a run. Now I'll try to wait for a decent amount of APs, and then Im heading for Vinetown(after some ammo gathering). I've upped three levels in the last 48 hours, finally I'm learning :D

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #705 on: 03 Nov 2009, 12:19 »

edit: Also, I killed a zombie with a Hail Mary shot from a flare gun. That was awesome.

Conversely, imagine the look on his face when he logs in and sees that he was killed with a flare gun. It'll be like "wtf seriously?" heh

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #706 on: 03 Nov 2009, 14:05 »

I think my record now is almost 200 xp in a day. Need a bit over 200, and I've got every skill I need. Down in vinetown to help out with the situation there.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Nodaisho

« Reply #707 on: 03 Nov 2009, 14:09 »

Conversely, imagine the look on his face when he logs in and sees that he was killed with a flare gun. It'll be like "wtf seriously?" heh
Really. I was planning on finishing him with my axe, since he had 12HP or so left after using my pistol and shotgun ammo, and I figured I might as well use that otherwise useless flare gun sitting in my inventory. I couldn't believe it when it actually worked, with that one shot.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #708 on: 04 Nov 2009, 07:00 »

whoah I just realized Vinetown doesn't have any NT buildings. So they must really need scientists ferrying needles down from Pegton's NT. I'm switching my route from running out to Edgecombe to revive people to running down to Vinetown to revive people; the Dinovan Monument is their revive point right on the northern edge of Vinetown, with an easy freerun from the hospitals in Pegton.

Also, I totally forgot they have a mall in Vinetown. Their zombie troubles must be a horde sacking the mall.
« Last Edit: 04 Nov 2009, 07:03 by jhocking »

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #709 on: 04 Nov 2009, 07:59 »

I am currently down in Vinetown trying to help with the zombie problem and that is indeed the issue. Last I checked there were 30-40 zombies sacking the mall and several other smaller groups tearing down the surrounding buildings.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • om nom nom nom
« Reply #710 on: 04 Nov 2009, 13:51 »

Yeah, sorry St. Matthews.  I accidentally over-caded.

Then I spent the rest of my AP trying to smash it back down, but it's still at EHB.

Once again, sorry.

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #711 on: 04 Nov 2009, 14:56 »

So, yeah. I am dead outside St. Matthew's.

A revive in a few hours when i have the AP to shamble to somerville boulevard would be appreciated.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #712 on: 04 Nov 2009, 23:04 »

Dear Zombies, St. Callistus Church is open again.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #713 on: 05 Nov 2009, 04:33 »

I know. I got a kill in there.

It's really great to find VSB buildings, since you can take them down in one turn with 40ish AP. Then it's ready to be looted. Even better if there's already zombies outside, that can surge in and absorb damage.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #714 on: 05 Nov 2009, 07:43 »

Guys, I'm in the Riddell Museum at Rolt Heights and I'm infected and injured. Can anyone help? I miscalculated my AP again.
I'm in a hospital, so I should be fine soon.
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2009, 07:46 by Barmymoo »
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #715 on: 05 Nov 2009, 08:12 »

And St Callistus's Church is out of survirors! yay!

Now we only need someone with ransack.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #716 on: 05 Nov 2009, 13:45 »

I always check someone's profile before using FAK's on them, and I always feel a little funny healing up people with ridiculous trencher descriptions. I do it anyways for the xp but still...
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #717 on: 05 Nov 2009, 15:03 »

What is a trencher? I searched the wiki but it didn't tell me anything.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #718 on: 05 Nov 2009, 15:17 »

PKers (people that kill other survivors randomly while survivors themselves) have a habit of dressing in trenchcoats, hence the term trencher after the trenchcoat mafia. There's even (or used to be anyway) a PKer group called the Columbine Kids.

A question: when DNA scanning zombies shouldn't I be able to scan every zombie in the square in turn? I got stuck repeatedly scanning Dank Nuggitry at the Dinovan Monument who I didn't want to waste a syringe on as they're a rotter, but there was another zombie there who I couldn't scan in order to revive them.

Looks like it has been now. Sadly, not before one of them gave my poor, badly named zombie Pvt Eightball a headshot. Seen anywhere else nearby that looks good for a raid once my AP's back up?
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2009, 15:35 by a pack of wolves »
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #719 on: 05 Nov 2009, 15:51 »

Actually no, that's not where the term trencher comes from. While the wiki doesn't have a page about "trenchers," that's just one of a bunch of names for the same thing - trenchie, trenchcoater:
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Trenchcoater

Long story short, it's an idiot who plays like he is some ridiculous badass, doing nothing useful and just running out into the street to shoot zombies. The name comes from the fact that their descriptions almost always mention black trenchcoats.

Someone had run across this parody character, hee hee:
http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1328872

A question: when DNA scanning zombies shouldn't I be able to scan every zombie in the square in turn? I got stuck repeatedly scanning Dank Nuggitry at the Dinovan Monument who I didn't want to waste a syringe on as they're a rotter, but there was another zombie there who I couldn't scan in order to revive them.

I thought so too but it doesn't always seem to work right.
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2009, 15:54 by jhocking »

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #720 on: 05 Nov 2009, 18:12 »

Ah, I always thought the tendency towards black trenchcoats was because of the trenchcoat mafia thing and I also presumed it referred to PKers rather than just those obsessed with zombie-shooting, probably because the first time I encountered any of that sort it was the Columbine Kids.
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #721 on: 06 Nov 2009, 09:01 »

Where you zombies at? I just made it to brooksville and I'm looking to get in the shit, motherfuckers.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #722 on: 06 Nov 2009, 09:01 »

(by which I mean I'd like to smash barricades and eat people)

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #723 on: 06 Nov 2009, 10:13 »

Right now my guy is chillin out down in Dartside, grabbing at stragglers who made the mistake of sleeping outside.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #724 on: 06 Nov 2009, 11:08 »

Bloody hell I AP'd out at a revive point by accident. Now I've got to waste 10 AP standing up just to die and stand up again.

If any off you zombies want xp, I'm now standing up as a survivor in Bragg Park at the far north-west corner of Brooksville, waiting to die.
« Last Edit: 06 Nov 2009, 11:10 by Slick »

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • om nom nom nom
« Reply #725 on: 06 Nov 2009, 14:27 »

So I finally got enough experience to get Lab Experience.  I do believe I shall be a reviving machine.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #726 on: 06 Nov 2009, 14:42 »

Looks like it has been now. Sadly, not before one of them gave my poor, badly named zombie Pvt Eightball a headshot. Seen anywhere else nearby that looks good for a raid once my AP's back up?

The damn people revived me!

I've brought the cades down a bit from the inside though, so if you are up for it...

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #727 on: 06 Nov 2009, 14:45 »

I'm Gundunh, btw.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #728 on: 06 Nov 2009, 21:40 »

My survivor is a fucking badass now thanks to Basic Firearms + Adv. Pistol Training and Shopping + Bargain Hunter. I've got so many guns in my inventory I feel like Neo.

Also, I found a radio transmitter. Do we need one set up in St. Matthew's?

Also also, where is the best place to kill zombies right now I wanna shoot something real bad.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Nodaisho

« Reply #729 on: 07 Nov 2009, 02:35 »

Maybe Vinetown? I just took out two of them (one was at 30-something HP to begin with), and brought a barricade up three or four notches. Got over 100 XP in one day, even after spending 10 or 15 AP on the barricade. Only going to be able to keep that side of things up for another couple days, though. I'm probably going to search for a toolbox after I lose a bit of encumbrance.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #730 on: 07 Nov 2009, 05:10 »

The damn people revived me!

I've brought the cades down a bit from the inside though, so if you are up for it...

Combat revives? The unscrupulous swine! We definitely need to trash their building on principle. There was a too tempting survivor foolishly standing outside who had enough health for me to buy ankle grab if I ripped them apart (I really love having maxed out hand attacks) so that took a lot of my AP, but I had enough left to get the cades down to VSB+1. I can bring them down once my AP's recharged, now even if they headshot me I'll only lose 6AP.

Also, there's a queue of 9 at the Bhore monument revive point in Vinetown. Make sure you DNA scan first though particularly if reviving at the Dinovan monument, as the only zombie stood there earlier was Obese Twins who has a hefty outstanding PK bounty on their head so it'd be best to leave them dead. And there are plenty of zombies wandering the streets for anyone looking for XP.
« Last Edit: 07 Nov 2009, 05:35 by a pack of wolves »

CardinalFang

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #731 on: 07 Nov 2009, 05:35 »

The barricades are down. Free brains for everyone!
(From Gabbly) Jodizzle: no sad deaths apart from the eaten kitten

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #732 on: 07 Nov 2009, 06:30 »

The Yapp building in Vinetown has taken some serious damage. There's 5 zombies inside, I got the cades up to VSB, but I don't have any guns of FAKs.

I'm gonna get back to HQ and fill up on FAKs before I go back to Vine, the place is overrun.

If anyone is close to my zombie, Gundunh, please kill him.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #733 on: 07 Nov 2009, 11:48 »

I'm a dozen zombies (harr harr harr so funny I am), and I'm waiting to die at a St. Sixtus' church in Brooksville, [38, 66]. 5 HP left.

Nodaisho

« Reply #734 on: 07 Nov 2009, 11:57 »

I am outside the ruined Yapp building, dead, I'll probably get up in a few hours, do we have anyone that will be able to revive or should I go get in the queue?

On the bright side, I now have enough XP to get Lurching Gait and Ankle Grab.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #735 on: 07 Nov 2009, 12:51 »

I'm waiting 5 more hours for AP to recharge before going to do some reviving, where's the Yapp building?

EDIT: Nevermind I found it on the map. If you could shamble a couple blocks west to Lister Alley that would be helpful, that's on the path I'm planning to run down.
« Last Edit: 07 Nov 2009, 12:55 by jhocking »

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #736 on: 07 Nov 2009, 13:30 »

If someone happens to be around the Dinovan Monument, I'd be happy about a revive.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #737 on: 07 Nov 2009, 13:40 »

What I told Nodaisho, I'll be there in 5 hours if nobody has gotten you first. I'm planning to start from Dinovan Monument and run directly south to the other revive point near the mall, to make a couple revives and just generally scout out the situation. Dinovan Monument was practically deserted yesterday, but if the mall is getting hit as hard as people are saying then I'm guessing there's a line of people waiting at the other revive point, so I want to see for myself.

I'm at like 38 AP right now, I want to be nearly maxed out to make a run like that.
« Last Edit: 07 Nov 2009, 13:42 by jhocking »

Nodaisho

« Reply #738 on: 07 Nov 2009, 13:42 »

I'm there, hopefully nobody kills me in the next 5 hours.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #739 on: 07 Nov 2009, 14:16 »

PROTIP: When asking for a revive, give your specific location (tile name, suburb and/or GPS co-ords) and your profile ID or a direct link. To find your coordinates without a GPS, you can use this map.

P.S. revived you guys.

P.P.S. not trying to be preachy, just trying to help. I've had a lot of communications in various mediums be inefficient and confused because people just don't communicate effectively, so clear presentation of information is something I think about when I'm not writing for amusement/entertainment/enjoyment so I though I'd throw it out there.
« Last Edit: 07 Nov 2009, 14:22 by Slick »

Nodaisho

« Reply #740 on: 07 Nov 2009, 14:31 »

Okay, I didn't know how to get the co-ordinates for the location. I've just been going by name and looking on a map when I need to find a place.

I'm going to wait for more AP before standing up, but I've got a question about barricading in Vinetown. A good amount of the suburb is still ruined from what I can tell, so should I bring barricades as high as I can, since there are enough active zombies that EHB tends to come down pretty quickly anyway? I'm planning on finding a toolbox and starting to repair ruins once I get up.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #741 on: 07 Nov 2009, 14:39 »

Typically, unless I've got somewhere I'm going to, I wait till full AP to stand up.

Barricading is your call and that's not an unreasonable line of reasoning for EHB, but it does suck huge to not be able to get into anywhere safe.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #742 on: 07 Nov 2009, 14:53 »

Actually, one sneaky strategy you might consider is barricading every open building you can to VS. Not just buildings you stay in, every building you come across. Building to VS is much faster than going beyond that (barricading always works until VS, and then it's a percentage change after that) and so you can do a bunch in one play session. If you leave behind a trail of empty VS buildings the zombies will waste their time breaking into empty buildings.

More generally, if a suburb is mostly ruined then any newbies should be fleeing anyway, you can't worry about them in that situation. The unspoken rule with any barricade policy is "keep marked buildings VS unless there is a massive attack currently going on." Keeping resource buildings in survivor hands is a higher priority than making sure newbies can access them.

Also, repairing ruined buildings is one area where coordinating with other people helps a lot. Since ruined buildings can often cost a lot of AP to fix, usually you want to have several people working together as a cleanup crew, one person repairing and the others barricading the repaired buildings.

ADDITION: I just revived a guy whose profile mentioned that he was infected. I shouldn't ever need to do that since I always carry around at least one FAK to cure infections on myself, but that's a clever trick I'll have to remember. Since people will usually scan you and look at your profile before reviving, they'll see that message and hit you with a FAK before reviving you.
« Last Edit: 07 Nov 2009, 17:49 by jhocking »

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #743 on: 07 Nov 2009, 18:07 »

So I've covered the first couple of pages and got a good feel for the game. My name is Johnny Salami, I'm currently in Greentown moving toward Pegton. Could someone link me to the Serious Pony Discussion Wiki. page? I would like to be added to the list.

Nodaisho

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #745 on: 07 Nov 2009, 19:00 »

I didn't even realize we had a list of everyone in the group, that's convenient. Anyway, your name is not terribly useful without your profile; you can get your profile URL by clicking on your own name in the game.

EDIT: Just so you know when looking at the history on the wiki, I'm duglis on the wiki, that was my original character when I played UD years ago. I had removed all those names you just put back because those characters are pretty clearly abandoned. In at least one case you can see for certain the characters hasn't been active in a month, because their name is crossed out in your contacts; for the other characters, anyone still at level 1 with barely any XP is clearly someone who just created a character on the first day and then abandoned the character. For example, a while ago jordan abandoned mr bonk in favor of huddahud.
« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2009, 09:23 by jhocking »

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #746 on: 08 Nov 2009, 07:48 »

Be careful in the warehouse NE of the Dinovan Monument, I'd headed in there after doing some revives and I got PKed by Crystal Chandelier and they were still there when I came round. Needless to say, I'm now standing at Dinovan.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #747 on: 08 Nov 2009, 07:56 »

Somehow I have wandered into a part of the city where everything is destroyed and I can't find any shelter. I keep using up the one or two AP I amass trying to get into a safehouse but there aren't any!

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #748 on: 08 Nov 2009, 08:23 »

Thanks for the heads up, I've marked the PKer red in my contacts.

I feel I should elaborate on my earlier comment about repairing buildings:

repairing ruined buildings is one area where coordinating with other people helps a lot. Since ruined buildings can often cost a lot of AP to fix, usually you want to have several people working together as a cleanup crew, one person repairing and the others barricading the repaired buildings.

By "cost a lot of AP" I mean that sometimes buildings can have a repair cost that drives you into negative AP. I've seen buildings that cost 100 AP to repair, although that's rare (the longer a building has been ruined, the more it costs to repair.) So again it's pretty vital to coordinate a cleanup crew so that as soon as the repairer falls asleep the rest of the crew barricades the building around them. Then you can sleep safely until your AP is positive again.

Incidentally, I've employed that same strategy in the past for reviving people in dangerous territory where there are no safehouses available. We all decide on a building to meet inside of, I revive as many people as I can and fall asleep indoors, and then the newly revived people immediately stand up and barricade the building we're in.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #749 on: 08 Nov 2009, 11:29 »

Three more zombies outside of St. Matthew's. I came back from killing things in Vinetown and there they were to greet me.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32   Go Up