THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 05:34
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: QC vs Zombies!  (Read 138961 times)

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
Re: QC vs Zombies!
« Reply #750 on: 08 Nov 2009, 11:49 »

ANd then I stopped to put some bullets into them, just barely realizing in time that someone had overbarricaded and managed to make it inside a building with 0AP to spare
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #751 on: 08 Nov 2009, 14:59 »

Alright, just made a full-AP run down to Vinetown. Revived everyone at the Dinovan Monument and used the ruined hospital nextdoor as an entrance to a secure church to pass out in.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #752 on: 08 Nov 2009, 15:14 »

I'm dead and at the monument. Also, Gelasius General Hospital has 19 living zombies outside of it.

Dear zombies: McNally Cinema, next to our dear church, had loose barricades when I finished with it. Kill Kill!
« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2009, 15:16 by snalin »
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #753 on: 08 Nov 2009, 15:23 »

Got rid of the last of the 'cades, I'm in there flailing at survivors now.

Revived everyone at the Dinovan Monument

Much appreciated.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #754 on: 08 Nov 2009, 15:41 »

Thanks for the revive!

Nodaisho

« Reply #755 on: 08 Nov 2009, 17:29 »

Is there anywhere that will need a fuel can tomorrow in Vinetown or Pegton? I found a few along with the toolbox I was looking for, and I held on to one.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #756 on: 08 Nov 2009, 17:39 »

I'm dead :( I'm going to let my AP fully charge before I stand up and then get the hell out of the zombie-infested hell-hole that I inadvertently wandered into.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #757 on: 08 Nov 2009, 17:42 »

Probably some places in Vinetown, just hang onto them if you don't need the space for anything else. All of the buildings in the area I'm in (I'm a couple blocks north of the mall's revive point) were dark earlier today, but all are lit up now.

On the other hand, if you do need the space for other things (eg. carrying more ammo) then I'd say ditch the fuel cans. Let the people who live in Vinetown worry about keeping the secure buildings lit, our priority is securing infested buildings.

I'm dead :( I'm going to let my AP fully charge before I stand up and then get the hell out of the zombie-infested hell-hole that I inadvertently wandered into.

What zombie-infested hell-hole are you in? You should probably retreat to the hospitals in the middle of Pegton, they are a great home base.
« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2009, 17:43 by jhocking »

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #758 on: 08 Nov 2009, 17:46 »

I'm in Earletown, and there are eleven zombies in the four squares next to me. Almost all the buildings are ruined and the ones that are not are unsecured in any meaningful way. I'll head back that way soon, maybe get some XP on the way.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Nodaisho

« Reply #759 on: 08 Nov 2009, 17:46 »

I've got room for one, I'm over my max encumbrance to carry more, but I can get around fine with what I have now. Got plenty of ammo, since I'm mostly going to be working on securing buildings rather than shooting all the zombies. Is there a particular area that is being focused on reclaiming first?

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #760 on: 08 Nov 2009, 17:53 »

I'd say we should focus on reclaiming buildings along the northern edge and then work our way down. I mean, I'm diving deep into hostile territory to revive people at the mall, but that's just because that's where the people needing revives are lined up. For the most part, pushing a border of safety gradually south is the best way to ensure that buildings you've secured stay secure.

I'm in Earletown, and there are eleven zombies in the four squares next to me.

waitaminute, how in the hell did you end up in Earletown? That's nowhere near Pegton, come home!

Also, there's a map on the wiki that gives a rough idea of where the danger spots are:
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Suburb

This map isn't 100% accurate, but it's usually pretty close and you can see that Earletown is currently marked as Very Dangerous. For reference on what the danger levels mean, a bunch of us are fighting to reclaim Vinetown and that's only Moderately Dangerous.

ADDITION: Just noticed one of the people in the safehouse with me is the first time I've ever seen a survivor with Brain Rot, huh -
http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1379086

ALERT: Anyone in the vicinity of Gelasius General Hospital in Vinetown, 9 zombies currently occupy it. I tried to barricade it, but I could only get it up to loosely because zombies kept lurching in my way.
« Last Edit: 09 Nov 2009, 05:17 by jhocking »

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #761 on: 09 Nov 2009, 16:19 »

St. John's Cathedral in Vinetown could use some organized TLC. I'm in Atrill Bank just south of it trying to heal up whoever can get out, but with 4 squares to barricade it's a tough spot to hold on to. If a few of us with more offensive abilities could clear and cade it I think we'd have a good chance of shoring it up.
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

Nodaisho

« Reply #762 on: 09 Nov 2009, 16:39 »

Two live zombies left in the southwest portion of the Cathedral, one body I didn't have enough AP to drag out. It is ransacked, need to clear out the last two before that can be fixed. Four zombies outside that square as well, with three bodies lying there.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #763 on: 09 Nov 2009, 17:53 »

bah I fell asleep outside St. Matt's. Curse my poor planning skills!

sooo....cloooose
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #764 on: 10 Nov 2009, 01:01 »

Vinetown is a mess. Cathedral, hospital, and mall are all ruined with double-digit zombies inside. I high-tailed my way back to St. Siricius's. I'm gonna stock up on FAK's and syringes before pushing back south again.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #765 on: 10 Nov 2009, 04:40 »

Fellow zombies, might I suggest we put our efforts into cracking the Culling Building at 37, 64? It's down to VSB, and taking out the local Necrotech would make things a lot nastier for the local survivors.
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

öde

« Reply #766 on: 10 Nov 2009, 06:21 »

I found a character I made! Now trying to play, but I'm a zombie. http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=547836

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #767 on: 10 Nov 2009, 06:40 »

Since you're a first-level military scout who isn't even alive you're probably best off just making a new character and starting over with an easier class.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #768 on: 10 Nov 2009, 08:09 »

Or start off as zombie and join our mini-horde.

I'm outside The Flooks building, another NT in the suburb (crappy suburb), but I'll shamble over; this one is too close to the police station.

EDIT: Culling is open

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #769 on: 10 Nov 2009, 10:23 »

awaiting a revive at the cemetary south of St. Matt's

kinda relieved. i didn't feel like trying to survive today.
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #770 on: 10 Nov 2009, 13:25 »

damn I am having especially bad luck searching today. I ran out of supplies so I came home to restock syringes and FAKs before diving back into the middle of Vinetown, and at this rate it'll be next weekend before I'm back in Vinetown helping people.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #771 on: 10 Nov 2009, 15:02 »

Level 15, mofos.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Nodaisho

« Reply #772 on: 10 Nov 2009, 23:06 »

North two squares of the Cathedral in Vinetown are repaired and partially barricaded (one heavily, one lightly), one body in each needing clearing out, three live ones in the southwest square, one live one in the southeast square, both of those places ransacked. I'm out of AP in the club to the west.

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • om nom nom nom
« Reply #773 on: 11 Nov 2009, 05:47 »

Dammit all to hell, I need to stop trying to barricade things, because apparently I just do not know when to stop.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #774 on: 11 Nov 2009, 05:50 »

I just healed a guy in the hospital. He was at 27 HP, I hit the button for a FAK once, and he was at 60. Apparently like half a dozen other people were healing him at the same time. That's the hospital for ya.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #775 on: 11 Nov 2009, 06:14 »

Pvt Eightball, nice to meet you. Had fun killing you.

:-D

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #776 on: 11 Nov 2009, 06:19 »

Argh, two zombies at the library and I ALMOST killed both of them. Dammit. Newstead Library, two blocks east of St. Matt's, it's down to like, 8HP if anyone wants to kill it.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #777 on: 11 Nov 2009, 11:36 »

Pvt Eightball, nice to meet you. Had fun killing you.

:-D

Thank god for that! I hate getting combat revived, next time it happens I think I might stock up on ammo so I can blow whoever did it to shreds inside their own safe house. Also, I now have ransack so if we can crack Culling again I can trash it.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #778 on: 11 Nov 2009, 11:57 »

Woo, making progress, got construction and shotgun training, amazing how fast I took down a zombie and dumped its corpse on the doorstep.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #779 on: 11 Nov 2009, 14:04 »

how does revivification work, do you have to be dead or do you have to be a zombie that's up and about?

I'm currently dead at the cemetary south of St. Matt's along with some other dead bodies and a zombie. how long do you typically have to wait before someone stumbles by and revives you?

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #780 on: 11 Nov 2009, 14:07 »

You need to a be a zombie, they dont have the option to revive dead bodies. And it depends how active the area is/how close to a NT building it is.
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #781 on: 11 Nov 2009, 14:18 »

okay, i'm gonna stand up then.

hopefully nobody kills me this time. some fucker named Nicki Cox or something like that killed me while i was waiting around here last time.

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• om nom nom nom
« Reply #782 on: 11 Nov 2009, 16:29 »

Woo, revived!

I'll go back for the other two guys after I've got some AP back.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #783 on: 11 Nov 2009, 16:54 »

thanks!

Nodaisho

« Reply #784 on: 11 Nov 2009, 22:22 »

I'm at 84,60 Dinovan Monument, and I need a revive. Zombies broke into the club I was sleeping in.

öde

« Reply #785 on: 11 Nov 2009, 22:56 »

Somehow I didn't die when I ran out of AP and couldn't get into the hospital, so now my new character Llewellyn Bonny is sitting in there.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #786 on: 12 Nov 2009, 04:32 »

you forgot your profile http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1650147

My name is Johnny Salami, I'm currently in Greentown moving toward Pegton.

profiles people, read the thread

your name is not terribly useful without your profile; you can get your profile URL by clicking on your own name in the game.
« Last Edit: 12 Nov 2009, 04:35 by jhocking »

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #787 on: 12 Nov 2009, 14:19 »

Need a revive; the south-eastern cemetery in Pegton [87, 57]

Thank you  :-)
« Last Edit: 12 Nov 2009, 20:13 by Avec »

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• om nom nom nom
« Reply #788 on: 12 Nov 2009, 19:26 »

Oh dear.  Fell asleep outside.

I do believe I have entered Screwedtown, population: my stupid ass

Edit: Phew!  Made it inside a warehouse.
« Last Edit: 12 Nov 2009, 20:06 by SWOON! at My Gravitas »

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #789 on: 12 Nov 2009, 19:28 »

Oh noes, I hid out in a building and ended up attacked by a zombie. I'm at the cemetery in NW Pegton, can anyone give me some help?
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Nodaisho

« Reply #790 on: 12 Nov 2009, 23:50 »

Christ, Vinetown is getting wrecked, second night in a row I die while in an EHB non-resource building. Standing at Somerville, someone sprayed that it isn't a RP anymore, is that right?

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #791 on: 13 Nov 2009, 00:52 »

Holy shit, being stuck in a building with a bunch of shitty RPers is the worst thing of all time.

Worse than anal sex!
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #792 on: 13 Nov 2009, 02:38 »

Yeah, they're quite bad at it.

Going down to the north side of Vinetown tomorrow. Gonna kill myself a zombie if it can get me enough XP for the revival skill, and then I can start doing useful stuff other than healing.

Brooksville is getting ripped apart by us zombies, it's quite fun.

Nodaisho

« Reply #793 on: 13 Nov 2009, 03:17 »

Someone revived me, so I'm back up in Giddings Mall resupplying. I'll be back down in Vinetown in a couple of days, anyone want to help me repair and rebarricade buildings once I'm back down there? I just can't clear out and repair and barricade a building in one day.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #794 on: 13 Nov 2009, 05:50 »

Three PKers in the building I was sleeping in (thankfully they didn't pick me as their victim).

My PK list now reads as follows:
Dirk Whitesocks
Leo Jameson
Mr Blahman
Noggin Double Tap
Ron Beegro
Smokin Mahbong

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #795 on: 13 Nov 2009, 06:38 »

Yeah I've got Smokin Mahbong in my contacts too, plus last night one guy in the NT building warned the rest of us that he was in the PD next door. Are you sure about Ron Beegro though? He only has 2 XP, you do gain XP from PKing (half what you get from killing zombies.)

I've also marked:
Crystal Chandelier http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1341028
Matt Spauldingus http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1431687
Omega123 http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1111454
wallaby http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1322927

(I think that last one was a GKer not a PKer. whatever, he's someone to keep an eye on regardless)
« Last Edit: 13 Nov 2009, 06:41 by jhocking »

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #796 on: 13 Nov 2009, 06:51 »

Nodaisho, I'm in the Rowcliffe building in Pegton almost fully stocked up on syringes and kits. I'm at 0 ap right now, but I'm gonna be spending all day on the train so I'm thinking about... oh, 14 or 15 hours from now I'll be ready to make my way down to Vinetown. Or maybe give it till tomorrow to hit full?

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #797 on: 13 Nov 2009, 08:11 »

I'm pretty sure Ron was one of the ones who point-blank killed someone in front of me, but maybe he is new and doesn't know not to.

Crystal Chandelier was in my "to watch" list so I'll bump that up to red.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #798 on: 13 Nov 2009, 08:50 »

weird, I thought the absolute least XP possible to gain from killing someone is 5 (they only have 1 HP left and you throw a punch, gaining no XP for the damage and 5 for the kill.)  I used to always take screenshots when I saw a PK in order to record it and be sure, maybe we should start doing that, have like a shared photobucket or something where we all upload PK screenshots.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #799 on: 13 Nov 2009, 09:57 »

Dirk Whitesocks

I wouldn't worry about this guy. They're obviously a zombie someone either randomly or combat revived since their only human skill is diagnosis (which is really handy if you're undead). They haven't even got free running, so they're not much of a threat. I know when anyone revives my zombie I make a point of running into buildings, trashing generators and hacking at survivors until they or my zombie brethren send me back to the right side of the veil, but you still get people daft enough to combat revive.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32   Go Up