THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 15:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: QC vs Zombies!  (Read 144093 times)

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
Re: QC vs Zombies!
« Reply #850 on: 17 Nov 2009, 21:53 »

So my alt's in Danversberg, way closer than my main so maybe I'll just have that one meet up with you. I caught a PK too; the fucker smashed me with an axe.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #851 on: 18 Nov 2009, 08:44 »

I've got 153xp and I don't know what skill to take. I could take Headshot, but I don't know if that is really that useful. I've got all the military skills (except knife fighting), and I have shopping and construction.
I also repelled a zombie from inside St John's Cathedral in Vinetown and barricaded it back to VSB++.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #852 on: 18 Nov 2009, 11:06 »

Wait until you have 200 xp, get yourself killed, buy Lurching Gait and Ankle Grab. With the first Zombies can walk for 1ap instead of 2, with the second you have to spend 1 ap instead of 10 to stand up. Both are useful if you get killed.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #853 on: 18 Nov 2009, 11:11 »

Just checked back real quick and saw that there are ~15 zombies around the church in vinetown, I'm out of AP and hoping that I don't die.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #854 on: 18 Nov 2009, 15:57 »

Just threw a zombie out of Gelasius, brought the barricades up to HB (the two squares west of it are ruined, no worries about entry points for now). It is pretty well occupied by survivors, going to be hard to kill everyone in there even when they break through. Still got a couple of days worth of ammo, even if I'm spending all of them shooting.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #855 on: 18 Nov 2009, 18:35 »

On the plus side, I just made level 13. On the minus side, I ran out of AP inside an open building. Here's hoping I don't die in the next half hour.

ZJGent

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • Night Talk at Harvey's
« Reply #856 on: 18 Nov 2009, 19:51 »

Free running went all useless, god damn it! There I was, gaily jumping from building to building like an attention-deficited spider monkey, when SPLAT I went against the wall of St. Neot's because it was broken at the edges or some such? Ruined on the inside maybe? Now I am teetering on the precipice of death, hopefully hidden inside a building in Shackleton, with zeds debarricading every building I crawl into. Anyone nearby? Where ought I head to, do you reckon?
[02:29] Danosaur: I'd Spektor your Regina.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #857 on: 18 Nov 2009, 20:13 »

I STILL FUNCTION

Nodaisho

« Reply #858 on: 18 Nov 2009, 21:54 »

ZJ, you can tell what buildings have been ruined when you are next to them. The buildings are different colors in their name squares. Yellow means lit, grey means unlit, dark grey means ruined. Once you learn which grey is unlit, you can tell what ones are ruined. It is pretty much the same color as buildings that you are inside look.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #859 on: 19 Nov 2009, 01:00 »

News: It appears that Mitchem Mall was retaken by survivors while I wasn't looking. I'm inside now, the mall is barricaded, powered, and occupied. So yay for that. I was still getting horrible search percentages in it though, so blah.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #860 on: 19 Nov 2009, 03:29 »

There's a guy with brain rot in SW Mitchem, next to you, Juggles. Watch out.

The Culling building is down to lightly caded again, zombies!
« Last Edit: 19 Nov 2009, 03:31 by snalin »
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #861 on: 19 Nov 2009, 03:40 »

Thanks, I always forget to check who's around me. Also, is it considered suspicious for level 1 scouts to hang out in malls with no discernible purpose? I mean, I know new players have to start somewhere, but it just seems like an easy disguise for spies to me.
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #862 on: 19 Nov 2009, 05:05 »

You're right to be concerned, although they could just be looking for safety in numbers or may just be confused. There's probably a good chance they are a zombie spy, but unless you want to risk PKing someboddy innocent there's not a lot you can do.

Anyone reviving at the cemetery south of S Matt's, the zombie at the top of the stack DrJackson has an outstanding bounty for PKing so I didn't want to inject them. If anyone with better combat skills wants to hack them up so someone can revive the others that would be good.

The Culling building is down to lightly caded again, zombies!

The buffet is now open, so long as you have memories of life anyway.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #863 on: 19 Nov 2009, 05:43 »

oo the mall's back up, I hope it holds long enough for me to restock syringes and get down there (several days.) I want to work the revive point down there but couldn't last week because there were no safehouses for me to work out of.

There's a guy with brain rot in SW Mitchem, next to you, Juggles. Watch out.

If you're talking about Fumbler I mentioned him last page. I came across the guy while doing a revive run at the mall last week. I commented on how he is literally the first time I've seen a survivor with Brain Rot (such an oddity that I put him in my contacts) and I had played the game for a year and a half with my old character.

I wouldn't be worried that he's a zombie spy, it wouldn't make sense to go through the effort of reviving a zombie with Brain Rot just to do a little spying. I would assume he's someone really tired of being a zombie and really interested in being a survivor now.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #864 on: 19 Nov 2009, 06:04 »

Zombies crawling all over Vinetown again, they've broken into the mall and many of the surrounding buildings. Shit shit shit.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #865 on: 19 Nov 2009, 06:07 »

I'm dead again :( I'm making slow progress towards a revive point, but I forgot it took 2AP to move.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #866 on: 19 Nov 2009, 14:08 »

Mitchem Mall seems to be still safe? And getting crowded too.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #867 on: 21 Nov 2009, 06:12 »

I just blew 20 AP to find one syringe. damn RNG

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #868 on: 21 Nov 2009, 06:16 »

Man I'm dead AGAIN, and this was my own fault for forgetting I was infected. So I'm back as a zombie although I think I'm fairly safe.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #869 on: 21 Nov 2009, 14:59 »

Just the past few days the RNG has been a complete dick to me. I think I'm averaging 8ap per fak.

Nodaisho

« Reply #870 on: 21 Nov 2009, 15:42 »

I'm at Dinovan again, zombified. Need a revive if anyone can give me one.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #871 on: 22 Nov 2009, 03:37 »

Tried to revive you, but no luck. I have a question: I keep hearing about how revives/DNA scans are supposed to move down a stack of zombies, but I've never seen it work that way. At Dinovan, "I recognize (pk'er) Obese Twins". Well I certainly don't wanna revive him. So instead I choose to use my DNA scanner on "a zombie". But every time it just tells me that I've scanned Obese Twins, and I can't get to anyone else to revive them.

Nodaisho

« Reply #872 on: 22 Nov 2009, 03:54 »

I got revived, I'm in Mitchem mall rearming, need to get a few more shotgun shells and I'll head out again.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #873 on: 22 Nov 2009, 05:52 »

You don't have all the Serious Ponies in your contacts? Anyone in your contacts is visible in a crowd of zombies, no need to DNA scan first.

ackblom12

« Reply #874 on: 22 Nov 2009, 11:30 »

Got killed while in vinetown, currently in the Cemetary just below St. Martin's Church waiting for a revive.

öde

« Reply #875 on: 22 Nov 2009, 11:59 »

I've got decent physical combat now (hand to hand, axe proficiency) and freerunning and construction, I'm still at a slight loss as for what to do now. Should I get medical skills next and help people or should I run around killing zombies and repairing buildings?

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #876 on: 22 Nov 2009, 12:10 »

Either one could be good, do whatever appeals to you more. I mean, we already have plenty of healers for our team, but it's not like there's a maximum number of healers allowed in Malton.

öde

« Reply #877 on: 22 Nov 2009, 12:20 »

I'll probably focus on looting, building, and killing then. A zombie just destroyed everything in St. Matthew's.
« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2009, 12:23 by öde »

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #878 on: 22 Nov 2009, 12:37 »

Some moron overcaded Halberry and now I'm stuck sleeping outside. Will probably need a revive within the hour.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #879 on: 22 Nov 2009, 13:00 »

I'm pretty sure I do have the Serious Ponies in my contacts, though it's possible I'm missing a few. But apparently Nodaisho was gone, which is why I didn't see him. In any case, I still couldn't revive any of the other poor saps waiting there and I can't figure out why.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #880 on: 22 Nov 2009, 18:09 »

First death! I'm currently just south of Halberry Police Department in Pitneybank, heading south to the cemetery.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

öde

« Reply #881 on: 22 Nov 2009, 20:08 »

Pretty zombie/dead outside of St. Elizabeth's, accidentally jumped to a ruin and ran out of ap.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #882 on: 23 Nov 2009, 12:10 »

this guy destroyed a radio and a generator in Mitchem. You know where to list him.

Nodaisho

« Reply #883 on: 23 Nov 2009, 12:30 »

Goodford Road PD east of St. Johns is freshly repaired and just barely at VSB, it needs to be brought back up to EHB. 10 zombies and at least 1 zombie corpse outside, so it might not be the wisest move to stay in there after you are done.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #884 on: 23 Nov 2009, 12:48 »

I'm at the Bhore Monument in Vinetown waiting for a revive. Help would be lovely. Thank you all kindly.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #885 on: 23 Nov 2009, 14:14 »

I will be heading down there to do revives once I'm done restocking, but at this rate that won't happen ever. I just spent 13 AP searching in a powered hospital and found 0 FAKs.

I repeat, 0 FAKs. fuuuuuuuuck

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #886 on: 23 Nov 2009, 15:08 »

*Pats Joe on the back* There there now. It's alright.

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #887 on: 23 Nov 2009, 16:12 »

So I've spent the last two days searching the police department and got a total of 13 pistol clips, but have yet to find a handgun, oh pity.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #888 on: 23 Nov 2009, 20:41 »

Just start throwing bullets at zombies.

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • om nom nom nom
« Reply #889 on: 23 Nov 2009, 21:07 »

Yeah, if you throw them hard enough, it's basically the same thing.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #890 on: 23 Nov 2009, 23:41 »

By contrast I've found about 15 empty pistols/pistols with like 1-3 bullets in them, no effing pistol clips.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #891 on: 23 Nov 2009, 23:55 »

In my experience, searching malls gives a lot more for the ap; but the does of course require you to get the shopping skills. But I think it's worth it!

Got 3 skills left now, knife combat, NecroNet and tagging.

What's the closest NT building from Mitchem?

Nodaisho

« Reply #892 on: 24 Nov 2009, 01:04 »

Probably the Owlsey building in Houldenbank, co-ordinates 94,64.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #893 on: 24 Nov 2009, 17:42 »

So how is Mitchem Mall right now? This afternoon I finally finished restocking (sheesh, it's been almost a week) and so I'm planning to head to Bhore Monument to do some revives. Of course, I still need to wait for all my AP to recharge, so it's still close to 15 hours before I make my move.

Nodaisho

« Reply #894 on: 24 Nov 2009, 17:45 »

I was there a day or two ago, it was pretty solid, no problems with the barricade, and the wiki on Mitchem yesterday said there was exactly one zombie outside, updated November 22.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #895 on: 25 Nov 2009, 18:12 »

It was clear when I got there today, with plenty of people inside, but apparently I got PK'ed by some dude named Rob Collick and my body is lying in the street because someone threw me out. I am so incredibly annoyed you have no idea, freakin death cultist, member of Legends of Darkness.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #896 on: 25 Nov 2009, 18:33 »

Go to Bhore Monument, I can revive you right now.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #897 on: 25 Nov 2009, 19:27 »

I'm there already, had just enough AP, being without lurching gait or ankle grab... should probably wait a while though since I won't have enough to get inside a safehouse if you do...

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #898 on: 25 Nov 2009, 20:04 »

Zombies broke into St. Mattews's.

öde

« Reply #899 on: 26 Nov 2009, 00:48 »

St. Matt's is fine but there's 10 dead bodies outside, which might be a problem soon.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32   Go Up