THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 07:03
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: QC vs Zombies!  (Read 139207 times)

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
Re: QC vs Zombies!
« Reply #950 on: 30 Nov 2009, 23:23 »

Thanks for healing me Jefferson Hellie, whoever you are. But a short while thereafter that bloody pk'er Obese Twins came along and unloaded a few clips-worth of pistolfire into me. So I'm now dead on the floor in the top-right of St. Johns. I figure once someone dumps me outside I'll stand up and move to Dinovan. When a building is EHB zombies inside can't get out, can they?
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #951 on: 01 Dec 2009, 05:28 »

Yes they can.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #952 on: 01 Dec 2009, 07:14 »

Ran up to Pegton to check things out, ended up clearing a zombie out of Durban Library and repairing it, then barricading it up to HB+ hoping they won't break in after me. Vinetown looks pretty good but Pegton looks like it is falling to shit now.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #953 on: 01 Dec 2009, 08:29 »

Yeah I've been down in vinetown for the past week, I think I've left Pegton behind for now. On my zombie character who's managed to hobble up to Eastonwood I've managed to break into a hospital and started chewing on the harmanz inside, hopefully my other four zombie brethren outside will be spurred into action.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #954 on: 02 Dec 2009, 05:38 »

I literally watched someone making combat revives. god I want to shoot him in the face. Instead I took out my aggression on the remaining zombie that needed to be cleared out.

Apparently a horde of 17 zombies broke into Selleck Fire Station last night. damn yo that is a big breakin, maybe Pegton really is going down the crapper. If this is a major zombie group rolling through the suburb then we might need to reverse our strategy of using Pegton as a home base and strafing Vinetown; if a huge zombie group like the RRF is rolling through Pegton then we would want to use Vinetown (in particular, the mall) as a home base and strafe Pegton (that is, make frequent runs over the border to help reclaim buildings.)

I mean it's still nowhere near as bad as needing to do that right away (after all, we still have multiple secure hospitals, police stations, and an NT) but that's a fallback plan to keep in mind in case things get really dicey.

ackblom12

« Reply #955 on: 02 Dec 2009, 08:47 »

Got the Zombie out of St. Matthews and barricaded back up to VSB.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #956 on: 02 Dec 2009, 12:39 »

We need reinforcements at St. Matt's. Between overcading and zombie break-ins, it's been abandoned due to instability. If we volunteered to protect the place, we need more bodies actually protecting it.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #957 on: 02 Dec 2009, 20:32 »

Okay, I finished off one zombie, killed another, and got one down to 30-some HP, but now I'm done to exactly one shotgun shell, no pistol ammo, and no FAKs. I'm in Siricius, so the FAKs aren't a problem, but I'm going to be using my axe until it gets stable enough to run off to Mitchem for more ammo. I could go to the PD, but it would take longer to load back up past what I can use in a day. 5 more zeds in Matthews, it's currently at QSB, lights out but not ransacked. Five or six survivors still in there, plenty of HP for now.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #958 on: 03 Dec 2009, 01:14 »

Oh, also, 13 zombies up outside the Rowcliffe Building too, just saw that as I moved to Somerville Blvd. That is a revive point, right?
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #959 on: 03 Dec 2009, 02:21 »

Abandon shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #960 on: 03 Dec 2009, 02:24 »

Oh, also, 13 zombies up outside the Rowcliffe Building too, just saw that as I moved to Somerville Blvd. That is a revive point, right?

Sadly not, that's part of the horde of 20+ that's inside Rowcliffe now. There are survivors in there but they're all injured so anyone with FAKs would do well to get over there and cure some infections. Based on what people have been saying I think we can expect a drop in local survivors imminently, a lot seem to be planning on leaving to escape the onslaught, so it probably makes sense for us to start thinking about pulling down to Vinetown and trying to retake Pegton from there like Joe suggested. If we lose Rowcliffe (which seems likely) we're going to need a new Necrotech though, anyone know the status of the Maver building just over the border in Edgecombe? On the plus side, we're down to 3 zombies in St Matt's now.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

öde

« Reply #961 on: 03 Dec 2009, 04:46 »

Vinetown is alright apart from the mall.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #962 on: 03 Dec 2009, 05:18 »

If we lose Rowcliffe (which seems likely) we're going to need a new Necrotech though, anyone know the status of the Maver building just over the border in Edgecombe?

I'll go look right now, brb.

ADDITION: Maver is EHB and lit, considerably better than last time I dropped by; a couple weeks ago this corner of Pegton/Edgecombe was fighting for its life so I was doing revive runs out here to help.

This could make a good fallback position (there is an NT, hospital, and two PDs all right next door to each other) but we'd really need to make sure it stays secure. I'm a big fan of river tactics; temporarily evacuate wherever the zombies are, then just keep scouts monitoring the area so that we can move back in once the zombies get bored and leave. If there's nobody around to eat, they won't stick around either.

ADDITION2: I was up to 130 XP after a couple revives and a bunch of DNA scanning so either I could have kept waiting until I had 150 XP and gotten Advanced Shotgun Training or I could use the XP right away to purchase a less costly skill. I bought Headshot, and almost immediately after started wishing I had waited and gotten shotgun training. damn buyer's remorse

ADDITION3: For reference, Maver is no longer lit. Area still looks secure though, I'm guessing it was a GKer and not a zombie breakin.
« Last Edit: 03 Dec 2009, 09:34 by jhocking »

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #963 on: 03 Dec 2009, 10:03 »

5 zeds in st. Siricus. I'm hoping to survive till tomorrow, then I'm going to hit the road to Mitchem. Staying in The Rosser Museum, it's EHB and out of fuel, so probably not going to be hit first.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #964 on: 03 Dec 2009, 10:05 »

I am dead again. I keep managing this; I take little trips into dangerous places and hide in unbarricaded buildings.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

öde

« Reply #965 on: 03 Dec 2009, 10:49 »

Freerunning, and look for VSB entry points in your suburb on the wiki.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #966 on: 03 Dec 2009, 10:59 »

Did you know you get one XP for dumping a body out of a building? That seems pathetic and useless.

Puki

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #967 on: 03 Dec 2009, 13:25 »

Ok, I'm dead inside Gelasius General Hospital in Vinetown - there is only so much barricading and zombie killing you can do before you run out of APs. Things look bad here, apparetnly there were 20ish zombies outside (someone said somthing like that). I'll wait to fill AP and get revived - where should I fall back then? How is the Mall doing?

öde

« Reply #968 on: 03 Dec 2009, 13:38 »

The mall is ruined.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #969 on: 03 Dec 2009, 13:42 »

I got killed and dumped out of Gelasius in the night. Waiting at the Dinovan now, but I have a sneaking suspicion I may be here a while. Looks like someone managed to barricade up the hospital, but there's still a lot of zombies outside waiting for another chance.
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #970 on: 03 Dec 2009, 13:54 »

I GOT ZOMBIFIED

TIME TO EAT SOME BITCHES

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHHGH
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #971 on: 03 Dec 2009, 14:21 »

oh man you guys check out the map on the wiki, this looks ominous:
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Suburb

Especially considering that Ridleybank is listed as a ghost town, this may mean the RRF has decided to go on the march and what we're seeing is the start of them rolling through here.

I got killed and dumped out of Gelasius in the night. Waiting at the Dinovan now, but I have a sneaking suspicion I may be here a while. Looks like someone managed to barricade up the hospital, but there's still a lot of zombies outside waiting for another chance.

If you want a revive you could come to Oldidge Way in the SE corner of Edgecombe. That corner area where Edgecombe/Pegton/Vinetown intersect is where I'm holed up right now, and I have a ton of revive syringes stocked up.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #972 on: 03 Dec 2009, 14:38 »

Will do.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #973 on: 03 Dec 2009, 15:49 »

If I'm going to keep dying this often, I think I will try and get lurching gait next.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #974 on: 03 Dec 2009, 17:18 »

IT IS HELL GETTING PISTOL CLIPS. WE CANT GIVE UP PEGTON DAMN IT!

Nodaisho

« Reply #975 on: 03 Dec 2009, 19:10 »

I think that the suburb map is exaggerated, there is no way that the whole upper right went from green and yellow to all red in a couple of days, I noticed the map looking odd shortly after thanksgiving.

That does give me an idea, though. If Pegton gets too hot, anyone for a SePo field trip to Ridleybank? We are exchange students, after all, let's study this rarely-accessible part of town. Bring spray cans.

Currently Cowing is wide open with 23 zombies inside, I almost killed one but having no ammo makes it difficult, the axe requires too much luck to actually kill something in a day. The building south of Cowing Way is secure, but needs healing if anyone has FAKs.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #976 on: 03 Dec 2009, 19:17 »

That does give me an idea, though. If Pegton gets too hot, anyone for a SePo field trip to Ridleybank? We are exchange students, after all, let's study this rarely-accessible part of town. Bring spray cans.

lol the sheer ballsy-ness of that idea attracts me. I can almost guarantee we'd all die on such a trip, but hey death in this game is temporary.

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #977 on: 03 Dec 2009, 19:49 »

I am up for a trip to Ridleybank. I'm dead already so I can sneak along with the crowds for a while.

Maybe do some zk'ing on the way.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

Nodaisho

« Reply #978 on: 03 Dec 2009, 20:15 »

lol the sheer ballsy-ness of that idea attracts me. I can almost guarantee we'd all die on such a trip, but hey death in this game is temporary.
Spray cans, revivification syringes, toolkits, lurching gait, and ankle grab. Let's see how quickly we can get Ridleybank occupied by zombies again, same with the other banks next to it that are ghost towned. Not immediately, we should all try to go in the same day, so there are a bunch of us there at once.

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • om nom nom nom
« Reply #979 on: 03 Dec 2009, 20:25 »

I am very much up for this idea.

Of course, if the map isn't accurate for Pegton and the surrounding suburbs, it could be wrong about Ridleybank being a ghost town.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #980 on: 03 Dec 2009, 20:55 »

This could be a clever trap to lure unsuspecting survivors to their doom.

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #981 on: 03 Dec 2009, 21:25 »

Lots of zombies looking to get into where you are, JHo. I'm waiting just north of you outside a warehouse, in need of revivification. Should I stay around or move to a cemetery?

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #982 on: 03 Dec 2009, 21:32 »

I'm not worried. See this hand? Steady as a rock.

Go to Oldidge Way, a couple blocks west. Juggles is waiting there too, so I'll revive both of you at the same time tomorrow morning.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #983 on: 03 Dec 2009, 22:11 »

Wheeeeee. That would be cool.

I am totally down for Ridleybank. Give us a few days to stock up and that sounds like a plan. Serious Ponies Strike Team.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #984 on: 03 Dec 2009, 22:35 »

Should I stay around or move to a cemetery?

doh I wasn't thinking and just went out to revive Juggles without waiting for you first. It'll be at least 15 hours before I go back to Oldidge for more revives, but Maver is lit so there will probably be other people doing revives at Oldidge.
« Last Edit: 03 Dec 2009, 22:38 by jhocking »

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #985 on: 04 Dec 2009, 00:42 »

Actually I have some syringes, so I might as well pay it forward at Oldidge. Problem solved =)

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #986 on: 04 Dec 2009, 01:01 »

I've lurched down to Oldidge Way too if anyone is still around with healing powers.

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #987 on: 04 Dec 2009, 01:49 »

Thanks for the revive! Where's the next stop, JHo? Now that Pegton and Pitneybank are ransacked, I may as well stick with the main group until things calm down again.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #988 on: 04 Dec 2009, 03:19 »

I went down to the mall before checking if it was up. I'm now trapped outside, since stuff are ruined/EHB.

Nodaisho

« Reply #989 on: 04 Dec 2009, 03:59 »

Ruined and EHB? There weren't any open ruins?

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #990 on: 04 Dec 2009, 05:04 »

I've got one more syringe I'll use at Oldidge, but give it till the morning since I have exactly 10 AP right now.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #991 on: 04 Dec 2009, 05:36 »

Thanks for the revive! Where's the next stop, JHo? Now that Pegton and Pitneybank are ransacked, I may as well stick with the main group until things calm down again.

Well I'm sticking around the Edgecombe/Pegton/Vinetown intersection for now. It seems pretty secure so the main zombie thrust seems to have swept past it and we might be able to keep this area in survivor hands while we wait out the march. Also Nodaisho's idea of buzzing Ridleybank is pretty damn funny and here we'll be on the western edge of Pegton so we have a bit of a head-start in making the run to Ridleybank.

I'm not the boss of you though; this team has been operating just fine with everyone just making status reports/suggestions in this thread and then everyone decides for themselves what to do in response to those status reports and suggestions.

http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Pinata

This is probably the most annoying things zombies can do. You can't walk in the front door because it's EH, and you can't freerun into the building because it's ruined. The only option at that point is to break down the barricades to get in, then clear out any zombies inside, and then repair the building.
« Last Edit: 04 Dec 2009, 05:46 by jhocking »

öde

« Reply #992 on: 04 Dec 2009, 05:40 »

Ridleybank sounds like fun since I'm just wandering around not really being able to do anything here.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #993 on: 04 Dec 2009, 06:13 »

Once I'm alive and restocked I'd be up for a Ridleybank raid too.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #994 on: 04 Dec 2009, 06:17 »

Hey, uhh anyone still in St. John's Cathedral in Vinetown--It's been breached, and pretty badly. About 21 zeds inside total. I'm getting the fuck out, everyone else who may be in there might want to do the same.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #995 on: 04 Dec 2009, 08:10 »

They were ruined, but whenever I tried to go from a ruined building to a barricaded one, it just pushed me into the street. Does that always happen, or is it just chance?

EDIT: haha, I've got 1 hp left and an infection.

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • om nom nom nom
« Reply #996 on: 04 Dec 2009, 08:48 »

Damn, hearing all the places around Pegton/Vinetown getting breached, I feel like I've been moving from place to place just ahead of the zombie horde.

Of course, if the laws of the universe hold true, by saying that out loud I'll probably be zombified before the next time I log on.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #997 on: 04 Dec 2009, 09:01 »

No I've not been in many breached buildings either (just one breach of the NT while I was in it, and that was fixed by the time I woke up.) Now that isn't to say buildings aren't being breached (I am after all avoiding danger spots people are announcing like St. Matthew's being under siege) but the fact that it's still not that hard to stay safe tells me that Pegton is nowhere near as dangerous as people are freaking out about.

These other survivors freaking out really need their expectations adjusted. Back when I played with my old character, we wouldn't abandon a suburb until all of the resource buildings and half of the other buildings were infested. It was only then, when you were pretty much assured of of dying in your sleep no matter where you were, that we'd be like "nope this is too dangerous, laters!"
« Last Edit: 04 Dec 2009, 09:25 by jhocking »

ackblom12

« Reply #998 on: 04 Dec 2009, 09:09 »

I've had a ton of problems with Urban Dead not showing my to hit values correctly with my zombie character. Things like just not acknolwedgeing I have the bonus skills to hit. It's nmore than a little irritating and it concerns me slightly that it's not using the proper math. This is especially worrying when I use 35 AP to cause one collapse on a barricade. Is this a known issue at all?

Edit: I'm in Oldige Way right next to The MAver Building in Edgecombe needing a revive. I'll start helping with the revives as soon as I get the chance.
« Last Edit: 04 Dec 2009, 09:31 by ackblom12 »

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #999 on: 04 Dec 2009, 09:14 »

I am wandering up to Ridleybank as a Zombie, taking a few swipes at random other Z's on the way so I can give you a report when I get there if nobody is there before me. Right now I am in Peppardville and I would say that every area is definitely Red surrounding Pegton to the North or West.

Also, several large Zombie groups seem to be teaming up to roll through the North and East of the city so I'm not sure what to make of it. Included in these groups are: Dual Nature, RRF and Feral Undead.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32   Go Up