THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 15:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: QC vs Zombies!  (Read 139053 times)

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
Re: QC vs Zombies!
« Reply #1300 on: 14 Dec 2009, 13:48 »

Pegton status report:
Rowcliffe - ruined
Cowing Way PD - HB
St. Matt's - VSB
St. Siricius - ruined
St. Elizabeth - ruined
Dinham Alley PD - ruined
Tilly Row PD - ruined

So probably no revive here. I'm heading to Mockridge Heights.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #1301 on: 14 Dec 2009, 14:06 »

revive and back to pegton?
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • om nom nom nom
« Reply #1302 on: 14 Dec 2009, 14:41 »

Man, I am 4 exp away from getting Lurching Gait.  Does smashing barricades and ruining buildings get you experience?

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1303 on: 14 Dec 2009, 15:00 »

I think so, but if you don't have any zombie skills then smashing barricades will be very difficult. Just like a survivor trying to attack anything without attack skills.

If you just need 4 XP then I would go for it, but don't be surprised if it takes you a dozen swings before you hit.

revive and back to pegton?

okay so that's the plan everyone, disperse to revive points/cemeteries in safe suburbs and then after getting revived go to St. Matt's to regroup.

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #1304 on: 14 Dec 2009, 15:21 »

I have 2 syringes but I just logged in to the EHB factory i was in being ransacked and me being dragged into the street and killed.  :|
Ho hum.

So yeah, i'll be shambling back to Pegton now and if I manage to get a revive I will rest up some AP and revive a couple more people.

EDIT: I am waiting at Digby Walk in Edgecombe which is apparently a revive point so I'll probably rest there for a little while then have a look around Pegton and let people know when i'll be able to start reviving again.
« Last Edit: 14 Dec 2009, 15:26 by the_pied_piper »
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

Nodaisho

« Reply #1305 on: 14 Dec 2009, 16:08 »

I've got one guy ready to stand up as a survivor in Tapton, if anyone needs a revive near there. I'll have suentobe walk back to pegton, does anyone know if we at least pulled some of the heat off there?
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1306 on: 14 Dec 2009, 16:18 »

I just got revived at Clearey Drive in the west of Galbraith Hills. I decided to head away from Pegton for safer suburbs to increase the chance of finding an active RP, looks like it paid off. I'll probably head to the Necrotech nearby to scrounge up syringes tomorrow but it'll be at least another full day after that before I can get back to Pegton.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

the_pied_piper

« Reply #1307 on: 14 Dec 2009, 21:48 »

So I decided to forego waiting for a revive and instead trotted off back to Somerville Boulevard in Pegton. It is not exactly what I would call safe with 15 zombies either waiting to be revived or waiting to ambush others (there are a couple of RRF zeds here) and there are an extra 10 outside of Cowing Way PD. NT building is lights out, doors open and I can't see a single lit building in the area around the 2 hospitals where we have been congregating.

My recommendation is to make your way to a safe area, stock up and come back ready for another battle. If the zombies are dispersed by then at least you will have some spare tools and ammo for any other strikes they may make.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #1308 on: 15 Dec 2009, 16:35 »

All that red to the east made me awfully nervous, so I lumbered over to Barrville and was quickly revived. I'm hanging out alone in a powerd EHB hospital over here and restocking.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1309 on: 15 Dec 2009, 16:43 »

graaagh zombie boxing

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #1310 on: 15 Dec 2009, 16:55 »

Alright, I got a revive in Galbraith Hills as well, I'm sleeping in a PD right now, gonna load up on as much ammo as I can and head back to Pegton at some point. Who's with me?
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #1311 on: 15 Dec 2009, 18:30 »

So I got dezombified and because of my infection directly after my revive, I got dragged out onto the street again.

:cry:

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1312 on: 15 Dec 2009, 19:00 »

you guys

Search for FAKs immediately, do not leave the hospital without finding some FAKs.

Always carry around at least one FAK and never use that last one. This is so that after you are revived you can always cure your own infection.

This is standard advice for everyone. Always ALWAYS carry around at least one FAK, for curing your own infection. If you ever use that last FAK (to cure your own infection) then immediately go to a hospital to find a new one. Finding a FAK if you used your emergency one is your number one priority.

Similarly, if you do not currently have a FAK and are a zombie then immediately after you are revived your number one priority is finding a hospital to search for a FAK. Take advantage of your zombified state by wandering around the streets to find a hospital, then remember where it is so that you can go straight there after being revived.

Nodaisho

« Reply #1313 on: 15 Dec 2009, 19:06 »

If you don't do that while zombified, when you have been revived, before standing up, look on the wiki map for a hospital. This works best when the zombies aren't all over the place.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1314 on: 15 Dec 2009, 20:58 »

graaagh zombie boxing

jerk. fought you back! only twice. not sure if we're gonna get a revive with 15 zombies, i've been there over 24 hours and no poke.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #1315 on: 15 Dec 2009, 23:14 »

So apparently a single zombie brought my barricades down and killed me =( Now I gotta wait for some AP to find another revive in Barrville.
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #1316 on: 15 Dec 2009, 23:32 »

I'm still carrying syringes, so if someone can pop by summerville and revive me, I'll get the two others here tomorrow. If anyone is in range, that is.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #1317 on: 16 Dec 2009, 00:44 »

So I thought i'd run to a safe area to get a revive as there don't seem to be many to go around in Pegton but apparently everybody else has gone to Mockridge Heights too.

öde

« Reply #1318 on: 16 Dec 2009, 02:39 »

I'm in Brooksville.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1319 on: 16 Dec 2009, 09:01 »

If you don't do that while zombified, when you have been revived, before standing up, look on the wiki map for a hospital. This works best when the zombies aren't all over the place.

Right, and ideally you'd combine both our bits of advice. So while a zombie, rather than burn AP wandering aimlessly, check the map for hospitals near your revive point and shamble there to check if the lights are on.

ADDITION: The cemetery in the southeast corner of Shore Hills looks like a good spot if you guys aren't sure where to go. Just a couple blocks north of that is a powered hospital, and a couple more blocks north is a powered NT.
« Last Edit: 16 Dec 2009, 14:15 by jhocking »

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1320 on: 16 Dec 2009, 14:57 »

The hospital I'm in doesn't look that secure so I'll need to leave soon anyway, so I'm thinking if I survive the night I might as well get started in Pegton. So does anyone who's in Pegton know of a good place for me to hold up in? Doesn't have to be barricaded and it'd even be alright to fix up a recent ruin (preferably not though), but I won't be able to clear out any zombies. I'm too low on ammo and I've got to travel from west Edgecombe anyway.
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1321 on: 16 Dec 2009, 19:48 »

I plan to fill up on FAKs and syringes (I consider a full load 20 and 10, respectively) before heading back to Pegton, so it'll take me a few days to restock.

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1322 on: 16 Dec 2009, 23:41 »

ADDITION: The cemetery in the southeast corner of Shore Hills looks like a good spot if you guys aren't sure where to go. Just a couple blocks north of that is a powered hospital, and a couple more blocks north is a powered NT.
The one in Mockridge HEights works too, I've been revived.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #1323 on: 17 Dec 2009, 00:14 »

Looks like Gilling Crescent in Barrville is being tended to, but the last guy who came through DNA tagged me then announced he was out of syringes. Hopefully next reviver will stick me.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #1324 on: 17 Dec 2009, 01:42 »

I got revived on summerville boulevard, so I'm alive in EHB ST. Mathews. We're kind of desperate for fuel, though, to get up search rates. Can anyone bring some? And we should check on clearing out the closest PD to get ammo.

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1325 on: 17 Dec 2009, 05:29 »

I've got a fuel can, but I won't be there for at least three days.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #1326 on: 17 Dec 2009, 06:08 »

My Pegton character just got zombie'd again, so I have to wait for revive #2 now. Dammit.

Also, my other dude just got dead killed by this cat http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=549098 so watch out for him.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

öde

« Reply #1327 on: 17 Dec 2009, 06:54 »

I'm in Brooksville, stocking up on FAKs

Puki

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #1328 on: 17 Dec 2009, 08:12 »

Ok, my current inventory is:
4 pistols (loaded), 4 shotguns (not loaded), 6 srynges (I'm not sure can I use them - what skill do I have to have?), 12 FAKs.
And I'm fully encumbered. So - should I drop some of the shotguns to get more inventory space, or should I head for Pegton, use some of the FAKs on the way, and stock up on shotgun ammo?
4 pistol/shotgun solution seems like an overkill (heh heh) to me, but I read and found in practice that multiple guns are handier for combat.

I don't know. I'm torn between medic and gun nut role. Any advice?

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1329 on: 17 Dec 2009, 08:50 »

You'll need lab experience to use syringes, it's a really useful skill particularly at the moment so keep those syringes and buy it as soon as you can. If you want ammo for the shotguns drop one while you're searching for it. Multiple guns are great in combat because you don't waste AP reloading but shotguns are pretty heavy, the search rates for ammo aren't brilliant so it's going to take you some time to find eight shells and they're useless if they aren't loaded. Being equipped to heal, revive and kill is sensible at the moment so don't just use up those FAKs, head to Pegton and you'll find plenty of opportunities to make use of them.

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #1330 on: 17 Dec 2009, 13:06 »

The second time I was killed in a cemetery. What the fuck?

Puki

« Reply #1331 on: 17 Dec 2009, 14:19 »

Being equipped to heal, revive and kill is sensible at the moment so don't just use up those FAKs, head to Pegton and you'll find plenty of opportunities to make use of them.

Thanks for the advice, I'll get rid of two shotguns, for start.
For the FAKs  - I meant to use them on people, I just haven't made myself too clear :)

Nodaisho

« Reply #1332 on: 17 Dec 2009, 14:55 »

Do note that shotgun ammo in the shotgun doesn't take up any weight, just loose ammo does. For now, that isn't useful, but once you have some, it's good to remember that reloading can help your encumbrance.

Puki

« Reply #1333 on: 17 Dec 2009, 15:15 »

Yeah, I've noticed - I've been revived, and now I'm in a hospital, but I plan to go to some Police Station on the way to Pegton.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1334 on: 17 Dec 2009, 15:45 »

I'm back hanging out at Somerville Blvd, zombiefied.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1335 on: 17 Dec 2009, 17:05 »

Once I'm fully stocked I'm gonna run to St. Matthew's in Pegton, and then I'll be able to revive a whole bunch of people at the cemetery. Just a couple more days.

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• om nom nom nom
« Reply #1336 on: 17 Dec 2009, 18:17 »

Revived, restocked with FAKs, and holed up in Shore Hills.  Gonna make a run for Pegton soon as I get the AP.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1337 on: 17 Dec 2009, 18:31 »

Where are you at? I'm in the junkyard on the eastern edge of Shore Hills, maybe we should try to coordinate our runs back to Pegton.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #1338 on: 18 Dec 2009, 01:15 »

the hospital is now fuelled, and there's a lot of repaired and VSB buildings to the south of it, and 8 zeds outside.

We need that PD, though. I haven't been able to check up on it yet.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1339 on: 18 Dec 2009, 05:16 »

There's one zombie inside and two outside the PD, there's one inside the Necrotech as well. Clearing a single zombie wouldn't be too hard even with low ammo, the problem would be having enough AP left for repairing and cading the building afterward. A barricaded PD is going to pull some zombie attention fast. We can do it if we coordinate though.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #1340 on: 18 Dec 2009, 10:30 »

Dinham Alley Police Department had no zeds, as I said in the hospital. Gonna go fix and cade in about 20 hours.

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• om nom nom nom
« Reply #1341 on: 18 Dec 2009, 11:33 »

Quote from: jhocking
Where are you at? I'm in the junkyard on the eastern edge of Shore Hills, maybe we should try to coordinate our runs back to Pegton.

I'm in James General Hospital, should be south of where you are.  I'm now back up to 40 AP, and I've got a butt-ton (standard butt-ton, not a metric butt-ton) of FAKs for the journey.

Edit: Oh hey look, you are actually right there next to me.  Yaaaaaay

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1342 on: 18 Dec 2009, 12:30 »

Well if you want to wait I'm basically out of AP right now and will need to wait a full 24 hours before I run to Pegton. It doesn't sound like waiting for me is necessary though; snalin and wolves are already in Pegton, so you should probably go rendezvous with them. When I do run to Pegton I'll be headed to St. Matthew's.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #1343 on: 18 Dec 2009, 12:43 »

I'm in Anne General Hospital, Mockridge Heights, need healing of infection. Wasted around 15AP failing to find a FAK so help would be appreciated. Have repaired the building and barricaded a little.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1344 on: 18 Dec 2009, 13:09 »

EDIT: Oh wait I just saw that you repaired the hospital, so there's nobody else there. That's right on the north edge of Mockridge Heights on the way to Pegton for both gravitas and I, so if he doesn't get you first I can swing by in a couple hours to heal you.

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• om nom nom nom
« Reply #1345 on: 18 Dec 2009, 16:02 »

Shit son, you was almost dead.  Healed you up, and barricaded the hospital up to VHB++ (there are 3 zombies outside right now, if I remember right).  Figure I might as well hang with you while we get some AP back.

The building's surrounded by ruins, in case anyone else wants to free run in (building's not powered though, so search rates might not be too pretty).

the_pied_piper

« Reply #1346 on: 18 Dec 2009, 16:27 »

Ah, excellent, thanks. Yeah, I was down to 1HP because I woke up infected and couldn't find a damn FAK (maybe with no lighting it is not possible?). If this is true we could use a generator.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1347 on: 18 Dec 2009, 17:24 »

You can still find things without power, but search rates take a heavy hit.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1348 on: 19 Dec 2009, 02:37 »

I'm at Walrond Square (Pitneybank, 84,44) which is a revive point but there are 39 zombies there and it's going to take a while. If anyone wants to do some serious reviving, that might be a good place to go.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1349 on: 19 Dec 2009, 05:11 »

Crap I just realized it's too far to run directly from Shore Hills to Pegton, I'll need to stop to rest somewhere in the middle. Anyone know of a relatively safe spot to rest for a night somewhere in Shackleville? Stanbury Village, Tollyton, or Roftwood would work too.

Alternatively, I might be best off resting in a building on the eastern edge of Galbraith Hills. The map says it's a fairly safe suburb so there should be buildings, although the chatter I'm hearing is that the zombie horde is migrating in this direction. From the eastern edge of Galbraith Hills it's a 49 AP run to St. Matthew's, very risky but just barely doable.
« Last Edit: 19 Dec 2009, 05:19 by jhocking »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32   Go Up