THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 08:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: nerdy banter  (Read 6896 times)

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
Re: nerdy banter
« Reply #50 on: 15 Nov 2009, 19:38 »

I did not like reading Dune or anything else in the Dune series, I tried, it bored me terribly despite a couple of interesting premises.

I should maybe watch it though sometime.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #51 on: 15 Nov 2009, 19:40 »

I like it! It's a kitty!

:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #52 on: 15 Nov 2009, 19:41 »

tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #53 on: 15 Nov 2009, 19:54 »

Hell, my friends and I misuse math all the time to make jokes.

There's a running joke amongst my friends that Laplace transforms make any problem simpler. Any problem at all, from differential equations to girl troubles to being on fire.
« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2009, 19:56 by McTaggart »
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Bastardous Bassist

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • brinkman propane smoker
« Reply #54 on: 15 Nov 2009, 21:03 »

I don't know about you, but any time I have to use the residue theorem to solve a problem, that shit is not simpler.  Well, it still might be simpler than girl trouble.
Who?  Me?  Couldn't be.

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #55 on: 16 Nov 2009, 06:39 »

Dune is a motherfucking awesome book.

In my senior year of High School I took a course on Science Fiction literature, which was definitely one of the best courses I had ever taken in any institution of learning. At the end of every semester of the course they have the Dune Trial, which is essentially a week of a role-playing court-case where Paul Atredies is put on trial for being bad to society. For those who have read the book, you will no doubt be familiar with the Baron Vladimir Harkonnen, who tends to enjoy the pleasures of young slaveboys when he's not being a cruel sadistic fuck towards other people, like the Atredies family or the Fremen or whatever.

The year before I took the course, my friend was taking on the role of the Baron.

I was his slaveboy.

Basically this entailed me in a pair of tighty-whities and a bow tie and a rope around my neck, while the Baron did terrible things to me like pour water on me (which on a Desert planet like Arrakis basically means you are going out of your way to be an utter cunt) or make me motherbird-feed him candy or rubbing Taco Bell mild sauce on my chest. I got kicked out on Day 3, when the Baron got into a scuffle with a Fremen warrior, which in turn got the Sardukar warrior involved, et al. This somehow ended with the Baron licking mild sauce off of my nipple. The teacher basically put a kibosh on it and made the bailiff tug me out of the room by my rope.

When I took the course, the guy playing the Baron took it to the ultimate level of grossness. Baiscally he had two slaveboys, and once he was about to pour Campbell's clam chowder on them before the teacher put the kibosh on that and made the slaveboys leave the room. But that wasn't the ultimate act of awfulness that caused him to end the time-honoured tradition of the slaveboy. The last day before the verdict was to be handed out he hid a zip-loc bag full of lemonade (taped up with duct tape) near his crotch, with his slaveboys nearby. I think y'all can guess where this is headed...

Long story short, the slaveboys were kicked out for good, and so it came to pass that the teacher said "no more sexual slaveboys" at least for a long time.

(Also before the trials began a bunch of the students decided to fill the classroom full of sand and cinammon to simulate the environment of Dune. It smelled like a fucking cinammon cookie for weeks after the trial, up to my graduation.)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up