THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 02:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Persona 3 Remake for PSP  (Read 2189 times)

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
Persona 3 Remake for PSP
« on: 20 Oct 2009, 22:27 »

Not too long after making a remake of the first Persona game, Atlus has unfortunately skipped (for now at least) remaking the much-wanted second Persona games and gone right on to remaking the third. While I believe this is completely unnecessary, seeing as how the game is only about a year old and my all-time favorite game ever, I can't help but be intrigued by the changes.

Pros

- Ability to choose between the orignal main character and a new female main character (an idea I thought would be very cool for the Persona games before even learning about this), and events in the game changing due to your choice.

- Persona 4's battle system (superior to 3's, with the ability to control all part members manually and guard, with the other party members taking hits for you.)

- Some new changes to the plot.

- Voice acting intact.

Cons

- Stupid system while not in action, one of the biggest faults of many Shin Megami Tensei games. Instead of completely controlling the main character in almost all areas, you control a cursor. This eliminates a lot of fun that was in the original game, as it was nice moving freely around the town.

- Changes to the plot, while good, could also prove bad. Persona 3 has an amazing story, and I am worried that it might get ruined by too many changes.

- Blockier graphics. Yeah, P3 wasn't beautiful, but you can't really hide the blockiness of the graphics. We all know the PSP can do better.

Overall, I'm a little worried, a little dissapointed, and a little excited.
Hate, rain on me

Ferc Eater

• Not quite a lurker
  • Watermellons do NOT belong in water
Re: Persona 3 Remake for PSP
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2009, 16:59 »

I'm going to buy it because I loved Persona 4, and I need games for my PSP.  I have 3: FES, but I am far from beating.  One thing I wish they would do: change the voice actor for Fuuka. 

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
Re: Persona 3 Remake for PSP
« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct 2009, 22:03 »

Too true.
Hate, rain on me
Pages: [1]   Go Up