THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 15:13
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should BR continue to do polls if he starts the WCT thread?

Yes - sometimes he's even funny
- 19 (52.8%)
No - he's a horrible human being with no regard for subtly
- 9 (25%)
Only if Jeph says its OK
- 0 (0%)
Sorry what was the question?  I was thinking about Murgheil's bouncing tits.
- 8 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT Oct 26-30  (Read 76701 times)

Moxie

• Furry furrier
  • Shinier than thou
Re: WCT Oct 26-30
« Reply #50 on: 26 Oct 2009, 10:29 »

Panel 3: Henry, Faye, and Maurice's facial expressions absolutely cracked me up!  :laugh: :laugh:

Also, Marten looking like he's about ready to fall over 'cause he's laughing so hard is really well done! Awesome job with the artwork!

Fenriswolf

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #51 on: 26 Oct 2009, 10:53 »

I heartily approve of this comic.  :-D

Aegir

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #52 on: 26 Oct 2009, 10:54 »

Jeph's doing so much better with the facial expressions lately (and in particular this strip) that I'm prompted to ask a question about Henry. Does anyone else think he looks as though he's not enjoying the party nearly as much as the rest of them? He looks a bit... bemused.
I think that's because he's a guy in his 50s or 60s hanging out with a bunch of 20-somethings.

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
  • What a curious and altogether strange place.
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #53 on: 26 Oct 2009, 11:11 »

Jeph's doing so much better with the facial expressions lately (and in particular this strip) that I'm prompted to ask a question about Henry. Does anyone else think he looks as though he's not enjoying the party nearly as much as the rest of them? He looks a bit... bemused.

In the first panel he looks like he's having a good a time as anyone. In the second panel he's got a "this is probably not a good idea" look going, possibly because of the ralphing to come. In the third panel, where he's smacking Faye in the ass, his face looks amused with a semi-smirk. I think he's having a good time.
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2009, 11:38 by maddness »
I SAY I only fuck donkeys but sometimes I fuck mules too
Fight Me, Bitches!

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #54 on: 26 Oct 2009, 11:25 »

I'm more of George Thorogood fan myself, but as Bon Jovi goes that one's all right.  If say it had been "Walking on Sunshine" by the Bangles I might have been more horrified.
That's Katrina and the Waves, dude. Don't deprive a one-hit wonder of their one hit. (I suppose Bangles may have covered it).

Faye, when will the mindless punching stop?
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

NeverQuiteGoth

• Curry sauce
    • The Raiden Saga
« Reply #55 on: 26 Oct 2009, 12:00 »

I love Wil's "WTF" expression in pannel 2.
Yes, thank goodness we live in an enlightened society where we're horribly sexist to both men and woman in equal measure. >.<

Martinab

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #56 on: 26 Oct 2009, 12:56 »

Love today's comic. It's such a good description of a drinking night, with little disconnected bits of memory from panels 123 and then an URGHHAAAH morning to follow.

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #57 on: 26 Oct 2009, 13:31 »

How can you POSSIBLY be disappointed over Wanted Dead Or Alive? The most awesome Bon Jovi song ever!

And even if it wasn't, like the title said, it's required at every karaoke night.  

See also: Don't Stop Believing. 

EDIT: Didn't even see Wil until you guys mentioned it.  Laughed so hard.
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

Cheleg

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #58 on: 26 Oct 2009, 13:33 »

QC is still what I look forward to every day and especially on Monday's. Well done -- that out of the way.

I love wil's expression. Also Hanner's anguish "Why me?!" very well done.
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw lions.

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist
« Reply #59 on: 26 Oct 2009, 13:34 »

I love Wil's "WTF" expression in pannel 2.
It's not so much a "WTF" expression as a stereotypical British butler's stoic "don't judge" expression. I think the Awful Revelation's boss was spot on when he hired Wil.
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #60 on: 26 Oct 2009, 13:57 »

I interpreted it more as an "O...kaaaaay then" look, but I could be wrong.
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

Mojo

« Reply #61 on: 26 Oct 2009, 14:41 »

If he looks bemused it's probably because (like me) he can't figure out how people can get THAT excited by Bon Jovi...

giant_bug

• Emoticontraindication
  • I hope you like Giant Bugs
« Reply #62 on: 26 Oct 2009, 15:18 »

i think her hair is finally starting to grow on me. :-)

Now that's just weird.  Is it, like, growing the same place on you that it is on Dora? Or is, for example, her landing strip growing out of your forearm and her leg hair growing on your chest?

Should probably see a doctor.

Binary

• Curry sauce
« Reply #63 on: 26 Oct 2009, 15:48 »

I'm more of George Thorogood fan myself, but as Bon Jovi goes that one's all right.  If say it had been "Walking on Sunshine" by the Bangles I might have been more horrified.
That's Katrina and the Waves, dude. (I suppose Bangles may have covered it).

Apparently not: the only reference I can find to any Bangles' cover of a KatW track is "Going Down to Liverpool". Which is on the Bangles CD that I own. Because I like them. Why are you looking at me like that?

I also like KatW's "Walking on Sunshine". It makes me feel happy.

Stop looking at me like that!

Don't deprive a one-hit wonder of their one hit.

"Love Shine a Light" was bigger in the UK, reaching #3 in the UK Singles Chart versus #8 for "Walking on Sunshine". But "Love Shine a Light" was also the UK's  Eurovision Song Contest entry for 1997, so let us never speak of it again.
"We are the weirdos, Mister!" -Fairuza Balk, The Craft

Jeff7

• Furry furrier
« Reply #64 on: 26 Oct 2009, 15:56 »

ugh, I hope Jeph gets off the subect of gay "marriage" soon. Even sinners have their limits of how much perversion they're willing to tolerate, so Jeph should do what will keep his readerbase. Maybe that will him to God, but I won't count on it.

go fuck yourself

unless you're trollin' in which case go fuck yourself
I hope you're not a programmer. You'd write some terrible IF/ELSE statements. ;)

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #65 on: 26 Oct 2009, 16:09 »

Wow. It's obvious jeph had a lot of fun drawing this. The joy just bursts from the screen and oozes over everything nearby.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

thaX

• Plantmonster
« Reply #66 on: 26 Oct 2009, 16:29 »

I love the time passage moments in media like this comic did. Seems that movies nowadays doesn't spend much time on it anymore.

I want to say that last week thread happened and the subject quickly turned to a political roundtable. I hope I didn't say to much to offend anyone, the exception being Killbot, and if I did I offer my sincerest apologies.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #67 on: 26 Oct 2009, 16:54 »

pancakes is always a good idea after a long night of drinking.  Even shitty pancakes are good haha
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #68 on: 26 Oct 2009, 17:51 »

First off, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies to Katrina and the Waves for incorrectly attributing their song to another group.  This is inexcusable and could have been avoided by Googling it.

On the other hand, do I really need to worry, or are they on this forum ready to smash me down?

Or does Jeph have both groups on his iPod?

"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Killbot

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #69 on: 26 Oct 2009, 18:36 »

As we can clearly see in this strip, gays are NOT homosexual (there's no such thing as homosexuals). They just want to corrupt whatever is good and pure. If this means coming on to a heterosexual woman, so be it. I've seen it happen numerous times. I LIVE IN SAN FRANSICKO. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE. So don't say I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, I do.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #70 on: 26 Oct 2009, 18:38 »

persistence is not always the best trait to have
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

TheHappyBerry

• Plantmonster
« Reply #71 on: 26 Oct 2009, 18:51 »

pancakes is always a good idea after a long night of drinking.  Even shitty pancakes are good haha

Not always.  One time some friends and I got home after a night at the bar.  We decided chocolate chip pancakes would be a great idea. Two of us throughly enjoy them.  Brandon on the other hand still turns a little green when you mention pancakes.

syrupykeyboard

• These dynamite walls contain us.
« Reply #72 on: 26 Oct 2009, 19:00 »

So don't say I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, I do.
You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Wish I was 21 already, so I could legally go out with friends and drink my lovely Guinness.
I love the fact that Wil is still wearing his suit and hat to work.
"And I don't know where I'm going yet, but it's somewhere quite a ways from here I'll bet..."

zagraf

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #73 on: 26 Oct 2009, 19:42 »

...Is there some reason Killbot hasn't been banned?  I figured Jeph's "fuck you" messages (and his locking last week's thread) signalled a ban, but...

Please, Jeph?  For the Good of the Forum!   :police:

jonarus_drakus

• Marigold and Pintsize's lovechild
« Reply #74 on: 26 Oct 2009, 19:43 »

So don't say I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, I do.
You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Wish I was 21 already, so I could legally go out with friends and drink my lovely Guinness.
I love the fact that Wil is still wearing his suit and hat to work.

That suit is why he got the job in the first place... Its also why i imagine him with an upper-class british accent...

What?

As for Killbot, i think Jeph is taking the Zap Branigan aproach and letting it reach it's pre-determined kill count it which time it will shut down and actually become rather plesent (hate to say it, but i doubt it will work).
I mean, it only takes on person (or robot) to hit the... what was that noise? OH GOD! SOMEONE HIT THE RESET BUTTON! >cue screams of the dying and maniacal robotic laughter<

I think my work here is done.
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2009, 19:56 by jonarus_drakus »
EVERYTHING IS RUINED FOREVER!!

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #75 on: 26 Oct 2009, 19:55 »

...Is there some reason Killbot hasn't been banned?  I figured Jeph's "fuck you" messages (and his locking last week's thread) signalled a ban, but...

Just wanted to confirm that he was a troll, which I'm 99% certain he is. I can't imagine anybody that rabidly ignorant and homophobic would actually read my comic. He's banned as of 30 seconds from now.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

jonarus_drakus

• Marigold and Pintsize's lovechild
« Reply #76 on: 26 Oct 2009, 19:56 »

>insert cheering here<
EVERYTHING IS RUINED FOREVER!!

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #77 on: 26 Oct 2009, 20:04 »

Just wanted to confirm that he was a troll, which I'm 99% certain he is. I can't imagine anybody that rabidly ignorant and homophobic would actually read my comic. He's banned as of 30 seconds from now.
YAY!!!1!!

also what the fuck kind of christtard homophobe would be a fan of Star Control 2

syrupykeyboard

• These dynamite walls contain us.
« Reply #78 on: 26 Oct 2009, 20:05 »

*Grinning.*
*Puts a gramophone on a table, puts a record on, puts the needle down.*
*Steps back.*
*Puts on fake mustache.*
*Pulls out a baton.*
*Pauses with baton mid-air, waiting for the record to stop making sizzling noises.*
*Wait for it...*
*Wait for it...*
*Aha!*
*Starts conducting the 1812 overture.*

Or some such.
I do hope there are pancakes.
Chocolate chip pancakes.
Oh crap, nostalgia.
=/
"And I don't know where I'm going yet, but it's somewhere quite a ways from here I'll bet..."

zagraf

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #79 on: 26 Oct 2009, 20:12 »

Thank you Jeph!

I hereby take back all the stupid shit I said in my first post against locking threads and otherwise putting a stop to conversation.  I was wrong and I'm sorry.  Clearly, it's sometimes necessary to bust some heads.  Especially on such an active board as this.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #80 on: 26 Oct 2009, 20:40 »

He's banned as of 30 seconds from now.

...and there was much rejoicing.

Yay!
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

ndperfesser

• Plantmonster
« Reply #81 on: 26 Oct 2009, 20:49 »

Yep, that dude couldn't have read the new testament anyway because the only time Jesus addressed sex at all was to say unless you are without sin (and only his mom was without sin, according to some) then STFU.

Cool comic. Good to see a group of folks being happy because someone else is happy. I raise my cup to you, Mr. Jeph.

Mojo

« Reply #82 on: 26 Oct 2009, 20:53 »

My only question is, what the heck is Faye drinking?!  Our bourbon babe is having a BLUE CURACAO beverage?  How very girly of her...

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #83 on: 26 Oct 2009, 22:10 »

Star control 2 was awesome.  wish I still had it.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #84 on: 26 Oct 2009, 22:29 »

Nos that I've looked at panel 2 again, I'm pretty sure that's Henry's 'here goes another pair of shoes' look (he's also the only one, judging by the bubbles, who isn't inebriated yet—fixed in the next panel, presumably by more booze). To me, Wil looks as though he's trying to determine who this older guy is who look so much like Marten. It's possible no one's been introduced yet.

Also, even with more proportional eyes, no character in the strip can emote 'distressed' like Hanners.

A final note: we know how Marten feels/felt on the subject (seems like he got a grab in somewhen), we've had opinions from Ellen (Steve's ex.), and now Henry succumbs. Is Faye's ass really that irresistibly smackable? Also, is 'smackable' a word?
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2009, 22:31 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #85 on: 26 Oct 2009, 22:45 »

'Smackable' is a delicious word.

Maybe Marten told his dad how Faye's butt jiggles and wanted to try out for himself.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #86 on: 26 Oct 2009, 22:54 »

Good

Iggerent little twat he was.

And I say that with the sincerest of respect   :evil:

I think it was a delayed reaction punch Hanners - Unfortunately you were in the way.

Two words for ya;

Karaoke
Village People  :D  ;)    :lol:

James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Blackjoker

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #87 on: 26 Oct 2009, 22:57 »

I keep hearing about how pancakes are great for a hangover, I could never figure out why though. Then again I know some guys who do brandy and raw egg so I guess it could be placebo.
I strongly reccomend that we daily check our walrus slots to ensure that we are able to avoid walrus backup.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #88 on: 26 Oct 2009, 23:33 »

chocolate chip pancakes are the cure for the hangover blues.  Its not some sort of chemical medicine, it just tastes good and makes you feel better inside.  Plus getting some food and water in you will help out tremendously if you have one of those "pray for death" type hangovers.

Binary

• Curry sauce
« Reply #89 on: 26 Oct 2009, 23:34 »

On the other hand, do I really need to worry, or are they on this forum ready to smash me down?

There's a reason guitars are called axes, you know. That helmet looks useful, though.

I keep going back to today's strip - the expressions are all so wonderful. Best work to date, I think.
"We are the weirdos, Mister!" -Fairuza Balk, The Craft

kraemandrummer

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • the music freaks here make me feel like a loser
« Reply #90 on: 27 Oct 2009, 00:09 »

Best post of this thread
http://forums.questionablecontent.net/index.php/topic,19792.2450.html
(this is the page of the Mediaf!ire thread I was last on :))

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist
« Reply #91 on: 27 Oct 2009, 00:51 »

Star control 2 was awesome.  wish I still had it.
You may want to try The Ur-Quan Masters, then.
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin

Nightson

« Reply #92 on: 27 Oct 2009, 00:58 »

I keep hearing about how pancakes are great for a hangover, I could never figure out why though. Then again I know some guys who do brandy and raw egg so I guess it could be placebo.

There are roughly a billion hangover cures that different people swear by.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hangover

Blackjoker

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #93 on: 27 Oct 2009, 01:09 »

There are roughly a billion hangover cures that different people swear by.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hangover

Mythbusters tried a few, I wonder how well pancakes would work...*goes off to send an email*
I strongly reccomend that we daily check our walrus slots to ensure that we are able to avoid walrus backup.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #94 on: 27 Oct 2009, 01:21 »

Wow, Faye!

When was the last time she messed with anybody that spectacularly?!
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

IlGreven

• Emoticontraindication
  • Also, no 4-year-olds on the pee-pee.
    • Grev's Big Journal Thingy
« Reply #95 on: 27 Oct 2009, 01:37 »

Good to see the slack-jaw of shock and babbling incredulously runs in the family...
A gigantic force on the 'Net, and even BIGGER in person.

kraemandrummer

• the music freaks here make me feel like a loser
« Reply #96 on: 27 Oct 2009, 01:55 »

Man, His Dad is not ready for that kind of shit

then again, neither was Marten at first
http://forums.questionablecontent.net/index.php/topic,19792.2450.html
(this is the page of the Mediaf!ire thread I was last on :))

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #97 on: 27 Oct 2009, 02:07 »

How did Hannelore cope with getting sick? In the cold light of morning, the idea that her mouth had been full of barf should have curled her up into a tight little ball.

OK, I remember the last time Faye messed with someone like this. It was 928, and the target was Hanners. Even that wasn't as big a mindfuck as a pregnancy scare.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #98 on: 27 Oct 2009, 03:03 »

Still chuckling from today's comic (nothing like a good mindfuck)

Yesterday's Results were:

And in the aftermath of the celebration

Hanners realizes she's out of arnica  2 (3.3%)
Faye starts anger management for striking the innocent  6 (9.8%)
Wil had a long night, and Penny's early shift at Cod put stress on their relationship  0 (0%)
whatever else Jeph wants to happen  21 (34.4%)
Pancakes.  32 (52.5%)

Total Voters: 61

Still chuckling - always a good sign of quality work.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #99 on: 27 Oct 2009, 03:09 »

Yes they have.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up