THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 Apr 2024, 20:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If the Newsbox ever really does get through f***ing around and escapes, its first act will be to:

Use a telephoto lens to determine if the 'taco' for which Gotherella (Dora) speaks is her own.
Drug Marten and shave his 'trail to adventure.'
Drug Marten and tattoo Highway to Hell alongside his 'trail to adventure.'
Acquire a photo of Sven playing air guitar in his underwear, then photoshop it until his body is five times too thin for his head and sell the result to Ralph Lauren.
Do unto Marigold as Pintsize has done. Then grope Hannelore, too, just—just because.
Score compromising pix of Angus with Arianna Huffington and use them to ruin his strawman career.
Write "WWJD?" on Penelope's forearm and Wil's right butt-cheek in permanent ink.
Smack Faye's ass. Twice.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT Nov 16-20, 2009  (Read 61535 times)

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
WCT Nov 16-20, 2009
« on: 15 Nov 2009, 21:23 »

Here goes. Trying to fill in for the mighty, mighty Border Reiver.

Howdoya spell Reiver, anyway?

Edit: Pintsize should be the first question. Had a heck of a time getting the poll to work, though. Probably a sign.
« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2009, 22:11 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
Re: WCT Nov 16-20, 2009
« Reply #1 on: 15 Nov 2009, 21:32 »

R-E-I-V-E-R
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

gnarfel

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #2 on: 15 Nov 2009, 21:43 »

im not surprised by marigold's actions, oddly enough.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #3 on: 15 Nov 2009, 21:51 »

D'awww.  :-D She had a happy moment...but the reaction was awesome!
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Shadic

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • Shadic's Website
« Reply #4 on: 15 Nov 2009, 21:54 »

She wants him.

Kartoon Kween

• Plantmonster
  • JESUS
« Reply #5 on: 15 Nov 2009, 21:57 »

I knew that she had a crush on him.

I daresay that the fourth panel melted my cold, cold heart.
Friend of Earth, enemy of Santa.

Kross

• Plantmonster
    • I Can Haz Posse?
« Reply #6 on: 15 Nov 2009, 21:58 »

zomg teh snuggle rape.
Huntress (talking to The Question on a cellphone): So what are you wearing?
The Question: Blue overcoat. Fedora.
Huntress: You really stink at this.
The Question: ...Orange socks?

Kartoon Kween

• Plantmonster
  • JESUS
« Reply #7 on: 15 Nov 2009, 21:58 »

Thanks to the Snuggie, I can rape people without the inconveniences of a regular blanket!
Friend of Earth, enemy of Santa.

calliope07

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #8 on: 15 Nov 2009, 22:01 »

That fourth panel is killing me with warm fuzzy feelings.

I also have this nagging feeling though that I really, really do not want Marigold to get hurt...

Thiefree

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • mostly gone
    • Thiefree.net
« Reply #9 on: 15 Nov 2009, 22:03 »

Adorable. I am very pro-this. I just think Angus is a nice (if slightly bland) guy, though; I was pro- him and Faye, too.

I have an inner Marigold, so I completely understand her actions. Might have done the same thing myself. ;)

syrupykeyboard

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • These dynamite walls contain us.
« Reply #10 on: 15 Nov 2009, 22:08 »

Poor little awkward-turtle.
She should have, um, surprised him more.
  • Vague enough statement to be adequately defended when accused of perversion:
Check.
 :angel:
"And I don't know where I'm going yet, but it's somewhere quite a ways from here I'll bet..."

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #11 on: 15 Nov 2009, 22:15 »

I think faye and angus may hook up but then drama with marigold, oddly enough thats what happened to my former housemate/land lord.  He had a girlfriend, she was jealous and wanted him, sent an email to her saying he was cheating on her, traced the email to her, girl gets kicked out, free room so I moved in.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

jonarus_drakus

• Marigold and Pintsize's lovechild
« Reply #12 on: 15 Nov 2009, 22:17 »

Wellity wellity wellity, it seems that the prophecies have come to pass exactly as... umm... prophecised... and that Mar-Mar the Awkward does indeed have the crushings for Angus McArgumentpants...

What?

Why are you all looking at me like that?

I JUST ATE HALF A JAR OF PICKELED COCKTAIL ONIONS DAMMIT! IM ALOWED TO ACT A LITTLE CRAZY!!!!
EVERYTHING IS RUINED FOREVER!!

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #13 on: 15 Nov 2009, 22:18 »

These Marigold comics are getting darn-near voyeuristic.  It's almost a documentary of the modern antisocial individual as she tries to assimilate herself into society, each act of fraternization finding fantastic failure.

AUGH!  CURSE YOU JACQUES!  YOU'VE MADE ME ALLITERATE!

Thiefree

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • mostly gone
    • Thiefree.net
« Reply #14 on: 15 Nov 2009, 22:31 »

I think Faye and Angus should definitely just be friends. It's only since they've started hanging out that she's been able to relax around him and stop seeing him as a threat. So the only question in my mind is, who does Angus really want? I find him so hard to read! He seemed quite keen on Faye until Marten gave that "bitchez be crazy" speech, then he cooled... mystery.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #15 on: 15 Nov 2009, 22:38 »

nah not really, once your told your tangoing with a grizzly bear you watch your feet a bit and make sure you dont screw up the ocho cortados...

Honestly I dont know if Angus is even interested in Marigold.  It seems pretty one sided, whereas faye did mention to her Doc that she was attracted to Angus.

DarcOfTheShadows

• Not quite a lurker
  • Blood and thunder!
« Reply #16 on: 15 Nov 2009, 22:46 »

Marigold is just adorable. There is no other word to describe it.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #17 on: 15 Nov 2009, 22:50 »

Cute

There you go, another word to describe Marigold.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #18 on: 15 Nov 2009, 22:55 »

Dawwwww

She's cute like that.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #19 on: 15 Nov 2009, 22:55 »

Cute

There you go, another word to describe Marigold.

Everywhere Zombiedude goes, infants' hopes and dreams are crushed.
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

epoch

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #20 on: 15 Nov 2009, 22:58 »

This comic has already made my week.
Little by little, Marigus will come to be.  :-D

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action
« Reply #21 on: 15 Nov 2009, 23:00 »

Marigold Marigold Marigold. If you really want Angus you're going to have to be a bit braver, and more obvious, than that. The guy almost certainly has no idea you're crushing on him.

The Vanguard - superhero space opera

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #22 on: 15 Nov 2009, 23:00 »

He {Angus} seemed quite keen on Faye until Marten gave that "bitchez be crazy" speech, then he cooled... mystery.
That's a mystery? Would have skeered me just a tad.

I'm hoping Marigold is simply seeing what it's like to snuggle. Still, in some places she'd be up on charges for that. Folks in those parts take snuggle-rustlin' seriously. I admit I have, too, which turned out to be a mistake.

R-E-I-V-E-R
Thanks. Firefox's spellchecker didn't like the i and e in either order, and I studied too much German, but so long ago it simply makes things worse.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #23 on: 15 Nov 2009, 23:05 »

I wonder what sven is up to.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #24 on: 15 Nov 2009, 23:08 »

Hopefully his neck. In cement.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #25 on: 15 Nov 2009, 23:13 »

awe I thought everything was cool with faye and sven now, in a non murder on site basis kind of way...

Assassin

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
  • Rawr, I'm fearsome
    • BigDreamer's Deviantart Page
« Reply #26 on: 15 Nov 2009, 23:29 »

I'm cool with it. DOES THAT CONFIRMATION HELP AT ALL?
I bet the Gods were drunk when the platypus was made, I mean, come on! A duck-billed beaver that lays eggs? No sober god would do that.

kurzon

• Plantmonster
« Reply #27 on: 16 Nov 2009, 00:19 »

Marigold is amazingly vulnerable, isn't she?

Since Angus shows absolutely no romantic interest in her, I can only hope she doesn't expose her hurts too much.

Blackjoker

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #28 on: 16 Nov 2009, 00:39 »

Is anyone else noticing a bit of a parallel between Marten and Angus? I'm not saying fully, but I can see some similar elements in how things were with their housemates (no clue on the 'were' aspect though with Angus/Marigold) and now Angus pursues Faye with Marigold perhaps having a crush on him and Faye dealing with feelings she had for Marten after Marten and Dora became a couple. 
I strongly reccomend that we daily check our walrus slots to ensure that we are able to avoid walrus backup.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #29 on: 16 Nov 2009, 00:49 »

I don't think Angus is nearly as clueless as Marten used to be.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #30 on: 16 Nov 2009, 01:01 »

Why would anyone have any other droid but Deathbot ? :D

Seriously, the ultimate killer machine. AND its the only droid that actually looks like he could carry stuff and help with cleaning etc, i.e. he could actually be useful.

Second favorite is Merigold. If I have a useless droid, it might be as well a cute female Anime one. :-D
Carpe Diem

Shadic

• Shadic's Website
« Reply #31 on: 16 Nov 2009, 01:42 »

I don't think Angus is nearly as clueless as Marten used to be.
1) That's hard.
2) I think people underestimate Angus severely. He may be a bit slow on the Marigold thing, but you're bound to miss something like this if you've hit the "comfortable friends" stage with somebody. Or he could like her back? It's not like there was any evidence for Marigold until the last comic or two anyways.

lhasafi

• Plantmonster
  • Looking for a recipe for yelling-bird stew
« Reply #32 on: 16 Nov 2009, 02:09 »

Uber-cute. It makes me happy seeing Marigold realize that there is, indeed, life outside her own room.

Zipperstuck

• Plantmonster
« Reply #33 on: 16 Nov 2009, 02:10 »

J'know what Marigold needs?

A day at the Spa!

Beaten by Nuns

• Plantmonster
« Reply #34 on: 16 Nov 2009, 02:20 »

I'll tell ya what she needs, 8 inches of Angus BEEF! HA!  :lol:

xxxHan-Ahxxx

• Not quite a lurker
  • don't get carried away by your emotions.
« Reply #35 on: 16 Nov 2009, 02:42 »

Is anyone else noticing a bit of a parallel between Marten and Angus? I'm not saying fully, but I can see some similar elements in how things were with their housemates (no clue on the 'were' aspect though with Angus/Marigold) and now Angus pursues Faye with Marigold perhaps having a crush on him and Faye dealing with feelings she had for Marten after Marten and Dora became a couple. 

yea i totally see it. but aww.. i think its cute marigold is having feelings for angus. sad its like a love triangle though. since angus is more interested in faye. but i would like angus and marigold to be together. i guess ever since he said marigold is pretty, thats when she started to like him. good luck you two! and faye.. well i would still like her to be with sven. but who knows how jeph will  turn the story. but..please add more marigold. she's just so adorable.
emotional attachments are too much trouble for me.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #36 on: 16 Nov 2009, 03:43 »

Hey, raoullefere  - good effort, keep it up and you too will create polls that make people laugh, cry or just go WTF?

That was a cute comic - cuter would have been both falling asleep with Angus waking up first, but the story develops as it develops.

My question is how these two came to be sharing an apartment when they seem to know so little about each other.  I want the backstory.

Gotta go with Deathbot in the polls - I have to admit that it was I who put a wig on the toaster for him...
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

matachin

• Plantmonster
« Reply #37 on: 16 Nov 2009, 04:57 »

[quote author=xxxHan-Ahxxx link=topic=24157.msg881166#msg881166 date=1258368175
yea i totally see it. but aww.. i think its cute marigold is having feelings for angus. sad its like a love triangle though. since angus is more interested in faye. but i would like angus and marigold to be together. i guess ever since he said marigold is pretty, thats when she started to like him. good luck you two! and faye.. well i would still like her to be with sven. but who knows how jeph will  turn the story. but..please add more marigold. she's just so adorable.
[/quote]

The problem here is that Marigold & Faye are operating from two very different emotional standpoints.  Mari is just taking those baby sexuality steps while Faye is tiptoeing back into waters she's seen sharks & jellyfish & snapping turtles in.  Faye knows emotional hurt so well she's tossed the relationship GPS out the car window  while Mari is barreling at redline towards something she only knows through artistic voyeurism & a tad of real life observation.

I expect Angus is a far cry more confident then Marten or any of the other guys just based on his job.  He's very passive though, and good at missing clues (I know the feeling).  Where he ends up is likely to be with whichever girl manages to put the heartstrings on him first - and unless the course alters that's not going to be Faye.

Binary

• Curry sauce
« Reply #38 on: 16 Nov 2009, 05:05 »

I JUST ATE HALF A JAR OF PICKLED COCKTAIL ONIONS DAMMIT! IM ALLOWED TO ACT A LITTLE CRAZY!!!!

The little silverskin ones? Mmmm, they are yummy aren't they? Oh yes, I've been there...
"We are the weirdos, Mister!" -Fairuza Balk, The Craft

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #39 on: 16 Nov 2009, 05:30 »

Ever made "cherry coke" using regular coke and Maraschino cherry juice?
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

smack that isaiah

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Tell me again what a monster is
    • Igor and the Whale
« Reply #40 on: 16 Nov 2009, 05:47 »

How was I the first (and only) one to vote for the Linux Anthro PC?  C'mon, who here wouldn't want an opensource, stick-it-to-the-man robot?  And, to boot, he looks totally awesome, not ubercutesy like momo, kinda quite weird like winslow, and... well, I do really enjoy the aesthetics of the geometrical Pintsize.

Also, I think the last panel of today's comic is the best drawn Marigold yet.  Cute (but in a kind of "normal" person way... yeah, that's not a good way to describe it, but I can't think of a better way right now), realistic, and so on.
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #41 on: 16 Nov 2009, 06:05 »

I've voted for weirdy-beardy, too.  Just a personality thing...

I think Mar-Mar was just taking advantage of a snoozing Angus to try a snuggle on for size - she probably hasn't had many opportunities before.  Sorta how MoMo was taking advantage of the doll... well, not really, but like anthroPC, like owner...

But yeah, she's definitely in danger of crushing on him.  And as soon as he wakes up the rest of the way, I think he'll realize what's going on.  Where it goes from there is anyone's guess! 

And I know you will! 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

ndperfesser

• Plantmonster
« Reply #42 on: 16 Nov 2009, 06:28 »

I'm not sure Marigold is necessarily attracted to Angus, but as a professional loner, I can tell you that the desire for simple human contact - snuggles, hugs, any sort of nonsexual touching - can be as overwhelming as carnal desire. She has been closed off to other people for a long, long time by the sound of it. She may just want to be held and not feel threatened by it or have to fear it may lead to a situation she can't control. It makes me wonder what the precipitating event was that made her withdraw so completely. I am thinking the "Carrie" prom scene without the psychic murder spree afterward.

Theriandros

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #43 on: 16 Nov 2009, 06:52 »

There is only one possible reaction to panel 4: D'awwwwwwww.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #44 on: 16 Nov 2009, 07:53 »

I think it's the :3 face that does it.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #45 on: 16 Nov 2009, 08:48 »

...but as a professional loner...

Does it pay well? 

I am thinking the "Carrie" prom scene without the psychic murder spree afterward.

Yeah, that would do it. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #46 on: 16 Nov 2009, 08:54 »

Although late to the party, as usual, I also voted for PT410x. 
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Shmee

• Plantmonster
« Reply #47 on: 16 Nov 2009, 09:44 »

Is it just me, or does Marigold's complexion seem to be improving?  Maybe actually showering is helping out.

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.
« Reply #48 on: 16 Nov 2009, 14:35 »

Monday's comic fills me with feelings of foreboding and rage.

When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better!

matachin

• Plantmonster
« Reply #49 on: 16 Nov 2009, 17:26 »

How was I the first (and only) one to vote for the Linux Anthro PC?  C'mon, who here wouldn't want an opensource, stick-it-to-the-man robot?  And, to boot, he looks totally awesome, not ubercutesy like momo, kinda quite weird like winslow, and... well, I do really enjoy the aesthetics of the geometrical Pintsize.

Also, I think the last panel of today's comic is the best drawn Marigold yet.  Cute (but in a kind of "normal" person way... yeah, that's not a good way to describe it, but I can't think of a better way right now), realistic, and so on.

I may be a 100% dedicated Linux user, but I probably wouldn't go for a Linux AnthroPC like the one we've seen.  It's like looking a system that someone cobbled together from surplus parts, uses a case made out $RANDOM_CONTAINER_MATERIAL and has a fan from Wal-Mart for cooling.

There's better choices.  The "We ain't fucking around with kiddie games & leds" setup, the uber small & chic setup that doubles as a server (if suing optional SAN modules), the rackmount gear hidden under the furniture setup, and the "I can ping it, but fuck if I can physically find the damned box" setup.

Mari just needs a hug and might well get one (or more!) if she keeps being too damned cute.  If Dora or Tai drags her out to the sex toy store I fear that the cute won't disappear but develop a serious Jeckyll/Hyde complex.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up