• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012  (Read 6630 times)

no one special

• Curry sauce
  • I been rockin' this brainslug since I was like, 5.
« on: 19 Nov 2009, 02:02 »

Saw that Jeph mentioned this schlock today.  Does anyone else wish they could un-see this movie as much as I do? 

...or... did anyone actually...  *gulp*  like the movie? 

Discuss.
Quote from: Kai
if I was making music I would want to be able to eat. If you download it, at least like, make me a fucking sandwich or send me some pop tarts or something.

scarred

• Older than Moses
Re: 2012
« Reply #1 on: 19 Nov 2009, 02:04 »

I don't think a lot of us have made the mistake of actually seeing it.

(I'm saving that for New Moon.)
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #2 on: 19 Nov 2009, 03:38 »

Girlfriend and I lived in fear for several months that 2012 might come up on mystery movie night in our local cinema. That would have been aweful. Since it's now out we're once again safe.

However, now we fear Paranormal Activity.

The movie, not the actual thing.

Well, the actual thing as well, a little.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #3 on: 19 Nov 2009, 06:29 »

I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #4 on: 19 Nov 2009, 06:41 »

That's what it's called in Schagen. You know the concept, I'm sure: you buy tickets to a movie not knowing what movie you might see. It's a movie which is meant to come out in the coming month and in this way a movie theatre can generate some buzz about a movie or try out movies to see whether it's actually sensible to program them. So, in recent times, for example, Orphan, Couples Retreat, Love Happens, NY I love you have been shown on these nights.

Basically, if the movie is good you watch the movie. If the movie is shyte you pay attention to your companion. It's fun.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod
« Reply #5 on: 19 Nov 2009, 07:18 »

...or... did anyone actually...  *gulp*  like the movie?

O god... There are so many idiots in my class who are all "Dude, I saw it and I was like... so scared when it ended, do you think such thing will happen?!. God, the movie was soooo extreme!"

And the boss of all the idiots in my class is a guy who likes to say that he "knows a LOT about movies" but he's the same guy who also says "Every movie that was done before 2000 is shit... the best ones are the ones in the present"
Yeah, He's serious about it.

And that's not everything... I was readin the newspaper for some days ago and in the entertainment section, 2012 got FOUR-FUCKING-STARS.... I mean... WTF?
And the text was even worse, it said "Who cares about the horrible dialogue? Who cares about the horrible actors/actress? Who cares about the bad cliché of "who are we going to save?"... We just have to enjoy the AWESOME effects, they are the best ever"

My brain almost melted that day... I can't believe that there are so many people who think that special effects are the most important thing for a movie... And I can't believe that the newspaper is done by that kind of assholes.
« Last Edit: 19 Nov 2009, 07:21 by Mr. Doctor »

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #6 on: 19 Nov 2009, 09:10 »

I'm sort of averse to seeing bad movies in theaters because once I get bored, I'd prefer to just leave.  I *never* talk during a theater movie, and since talking is the only thing that makes bad movies fun, I like to keep my bad movies for the home.  But yeah once that turd floats onto dvd, I'm downloading it, inviting over a few friends, buying a few bottles of vodka and jalapeno popper ingredients and getting a little home brew drunken, flatulent Mystery Science 3000 action going.... good times.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #7 on: 19 Nov 2009, 10:16 »

my friends dragged me to see it on opening night and it was fucking terrible. I probably laughed harder than I've ever laughed for an actual comedy, I think.

anyway, I'm just glad I didn't pay for it.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Beren

• Curry sauce
« Reply #8 on: 19 Nov 2009, 12:28 »

I laughed enough I could say I probably enjoyed it.
All About Strange Beasts of the Present

Be My Head

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #9 on: 19 Nov 2009, 13:03 »

Sadly I haven't seen a decent film in theatre for a very very very long time. I need to hit up indie theatres more often. God damn I want to see Lawrence of Arabia on the big screen. Why do they show this shit when they could be watching classic cinema or new independent films?

I might watch the rifftrax version though.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #10 on: 19 Nov 2009, 14:39 »

That would have been aweful.

That'd have been amazingly bad.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #11 on: 19 Nov 2009, 15:46 »

I might watch the rifftrax version though.

Speaking of which, I watched the Rifftrax of Twilight the other day and it made it the funniest movie I've seen in a very long time.

I want the Rifftrax of New Moon to come out so I can go into the theater with it on my iPod (possibly drunk, too) and just laugh my ass off.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #12 on: 19 Nov 2009, 16:00 »

Nick I totally downloaded that and proceeded to nearly shit myself with laughter.

"All the girls swoon over Edward when he throws up in his mouth a little."
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

scarred

• Older than Moses

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 19 Nov 2009, 20:10 »

*Leads a group of Uruks into the Boardrooms of the Hollyweird execs who brought us this dross.  Points*

"Meats back on the menu boys!!"
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #15 on: 19 Nov 2009, 20:52 »

I'm going to be the unpopular one and say, I liked it. I caught a matinee showing of it on Tuesday, grabbed a soda, some popcorn, sat down and enjoyed myself for a few hours. I didn't feel like the dialogue was terrible, I thought the time it took to connect the audience to the characters was well spent enough, and I thought the rest of the movie was pretty epic.

Was it perfect? No, but at least it didn't have the 10,000 plot holes of the second transformers movie (or any other Bay movie), its certainly better than Emmerich's last film (10,000 B.C., which was utter shit). Of course I've also liked a couple of his films in the past, so that might also make a few of you discount this even further, Independence Day was a fun film, and I liked Day After Tomorrow. I'm obviously not one of those people who say "omg could this happen jesus we're all going to die just like the director said we would", I was able to take it as a film and enjoy it. Oliver Platt's mess of dialogue sounded like derivative up-chuck at times, nah for the most part, the little mini plot between john cusack and his son's character was flat and non-believable, but those didn't really take away from the entire movie too much for me.

Okay I'm done. Feel free to use this thread to shit all over the movie to your little heart's content now, as you were.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

I is Grammar

• Furry furrier
  • Advocatus diaboli
« Reply #16 on: 19 Nov 2009, 21:35 »

I'm glad I'm not the only one.  There are times when I want to turn off my brain and watch a lot of people die on the big screen.  And that movie delivered it nicely.  The acting wasn't terrible, and the plot, while thin, held my attention.  I felt the 5 bucks I paid for it were worth it. 

I have always been a fan of the big and brainless movies. 
I've got a small sticky-out scar like a third nipple just under my right manboob from where I was bitten by another kid in Year 3.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #17 on: 19 Nov 2009, 21:36 »

ive never been a fan of natural disaster movies, with the exception of armmaggedon.  I dont plan on seeing this movie.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave
Pages: [1]   Go Up