WOO YEAH!
- 13 (38.2%)
Meh.
- 3 (8.8%)
boo hiss you suck!
- 2 (5.9%)
Correction: You vacuum.
- 1 (2.9%)
Correction correction: There is quantum fluctation.
- 15 (44.1%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT Nov 23-27, 2009  (Read 55473 times)

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
Re: WCT Nov 23-27, 2009
« Reply #150 on: 28 Nov 2009, 07:16 »

He also said that QC readers would break S_G, and that S_G would break QC readers. If he linked to Oglaf, but not this, then it must be pretty severe.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #151 on: 28 Nov 2009, 08:08 »

Space Ghetto?  With all the warnings on the index page, I didn't look. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Binary

• Curry sauce
« Reply #152 on: 28 Nov 2009, 16:35 »

I am made of sterner stuff and I did look.  :-D

And you appear to be correct, because on the second page in (at the time of writing) there's a hat-tip back to Jeph's QC strip. Which means I wasted over an hour yesterday on the false assumption that SG referred to another webcomic, and tried to track it down by looking at every damn webcomic listed at The Webcomic List that could be abbreviated to SG (Strange Gods, Sacred Ground, Saint Gasoline, Sam Golden, Sea Gate, The Sealed Gate, Sensational George, Shades of Grey, Shake Girl, Shits 'n Giggles, Shoebox Gallery, Sign Garden, Snow Globe, Soapbox Gallery, Sour Grapes, Space Goth, Space Grrl, Star Girl, Star Gazed, State of Grace, Strange Genetics, Strange Gods and Sunset Grill.  ARRRGGGHHHHH!)

To anyone tempted to venture into Space Ghetto, be forewarned that it's a forum for posting weird, demented, bizarre, surreal, exceptionally NSFW images and videos - some real, some photoshopped.

Edit: Hey! I found the real Randy! (Link is safe-for-work)

« Last Edit: 28 Nov 2009, 17:10 by Binary »
"We are the weirdos, Mister!" -Fairuza Balk, The Craft

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #153 on: 29 Nov 2009, 05:57 »

Thanks for diving in... I'm home for the holiday weekend and only have the family computer.  With two kids and a wife, I wasn't going to go rooting around...

I have a seperate, deletable account on my work laptop for that stuff.  Thanks heavens I convinced them I needed administrator priveledges! 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

jonarus_drakus

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Marigold and Pintsize's lovechild
« Reply #154 on: 29 Nov 2009, 20:48 »

"There is a quantum fluctuation" makes me think: "Quantum improbability drive" Horray for out of left field Hitchickers Guide to the Galaxy references!
EVERYTHING IS RUINED FOREVER!!

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #155 on: 30 Nov 2009, 04:53 »

But wasn't it the Infinite Improbability Drive? Speaking of which, I was delighted to hear from one of the Claptrap robots in Borderlands that "You ought to know I'm feeling very depressed". I completely missed that the first time!

So anyway, when I went back to #1543 I suddenly noticed how well Cosette's crutch walking and falling was drawn. Usually the perspective looks a bit funky when jeph draws people looking upwards or downwards, but the third panel - where Cosette falls forward - looks very good.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

jonarus_drakus

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Marigold and Pintsize's lovechild
« Reply #156 on: 30 Nov 2009, 22:23 »

1) I stand corrected.

2) Our little Jeph, he's coming along nicely isnt he!
EVERYTHING IS RUINED FOREVER!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up