THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 02:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Internet currency  (Read 10668 times)

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
Internet currency
« on: 25 Nov 2009, 20:02 »

Before anyone turns down this notion I'd request they read the few sentences I typed up to describe my perspective.

Some of you may have heard about colostomy bag and their use of a search engine based Internet Currency. Essentially, in applying to this website, you're using a Google/Ask search engine recycled with a new name but, get compensated in the process. You are not paid directly in USD or Euros but, you are free to trade this certificate to the allotted derps ranging from electronics to clothing. A more reward process however, is in the ability to trade these colostomy bags for kittens, which came at a fairly generous exchange rate of just 9 colostomy bags for 1 USD, more on that later on.

I have been an active QC member for several months and very recently, I found this website. I felt it was worth mentioning to those who have not heard of colostomy bags or have been mislead toward fakes and spam. I guarantee that this is the real thing. I have earned 15 Amazon dollars for just casually searching the internet for two months. So you may ask, what's in it for you? And I'll be honest in saying that there is a reward for recruiting users but, if you feel this is in any way selfish you are more than welcome to apply without a referral. I hope to see a lot of you take advantage of something as convenient as getting paid to do what a lot of us do daily anyway.

I will take any questions concerning the functions and reliability of colostomy bags and how to fully utilize the system to your advantage.
If the moderators feel this is just another advertisements, then I ask that you close this topic to avoid any arguments.

My referral link: omitted

« Last Edit: 01 Dec 2009, 18:50 by Trollstormur »

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
Re: Internet currency
« Reply #1 on: 25 Nov 2009, 20:10 »

Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #2 on: 25 Nov 2009, 20:14 »

I can post pictures of the stuff I've gotten by using this website. It is ridiculous how cynical some people really are.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #3 on: 25 Nov 2009, 20:22 »

ProTip: It doesn't matter if it's legit or not.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #4 on: 25 Nov 2009, 20:32 »

My point is in that everyone uses a search engine, whether it is for work or school. It is so common that it is worth typing in five bits of information and getting paid for the process from this point on.
« Last Edit: 25 Nov 2009, 20:34 by Avec »

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #5 on: 25 Nov 2009, 20:48 »

Nah.
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #6 on: 25 Nov 2009, 21:19 »

tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Zingoleb

« Reply #7 on: 25 Nov 2009, 21:32 »

Why not?

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #9 on: 25 Nov 2009, 22:13 »

Friend of mine did something similar and got a signed football.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #10 on: 25 Nov 2009, 22:17 »

You want a football? I can get you a football. Believe me. There are ways, dude, you don't wanna know about it, believe me. Hell, I can get you a football by three o'clock this afternoon, with signature.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #11 on: 25 Nov 2009, 22:24 »

Did I say football? I meant Handegg.
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #12 on: 25 Nov 2009, 22:28 »

Did I say football? I meant Handjob.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #13 on: 26 Nov 2009, 00:17 »

This is equivalent to a multiple store reward card - like Nectar in the UK (I don't know if the name is used elsewhere).

In these schemes, although the money is real enough, you need to ask where it is coming from.  It is coming from companies which are prepared to pay to try to change your buying habits to their advantage, and to accumulate information on your buying habits.  The money for this goes on general prices, of course, like all forms of advertising.

Me, I prefer to make my choices for myself rather than to be bribed into making "choices" chosen by others to their advantage.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #14 on: 26 Nov 2009, 03:00 »

B-but... How does it fit in your mouth?

:laugh:

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #15 on: 26 Nov 2009, 09:26 »

Because this is a free program they're entitled to advertise their products. I mean a good percentage of us probably shop at Amazon.com, I personally don't mind getting a free vinyl every month, or what have you.

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #16 on: 26 Nov 2009, 09:49 »

Given general common sense I think this is a lost cause, dude.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #17 on: 26 Nov 2009, 09:53 »

I honestly do not understand the hate. Can someone explain it to me in a different way?
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #18 on: 26 Nov 2009, 09:54 »

My point is this is a free "handjob accomplished" certificate. A good percentage of us probably don't mind getting multiple free cocks, though
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #19 on: 26 Nov 2009, 09:58 »

That didn't help much.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #20 on: 26 Nov 2009, 11:37 »

I should perhaps say that I also don't use any store reward or loyalty cards either, on principle.  Do you know who has the largest database of personal information in the world?  It's Tesco.

The money you can get off them is real enough, but it comes from a general slight rise in prices; and so, in essence, I am contributing towards paying it to you - which I accept as the price of choosing freedom.
« Last Edit: 26 Nov 2009, 15:29 by pwhodges »
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #21 on: 26 Nov 2009, 13:46 »

That didn't help much.

If someone is offering you something of value for doing something that costs you nothing on the internet, and gives an added bonus for getting other people to do it, it must be one or more of the following:

(1) a marketing campaign or other spam;

(2) a pyramid scheme or other fraud.

Since spam and fraud are socially undesirable, people with sufficient intellect to know they are being scammed tend to react with hostility.  In most net forums this type of original post will get you ip banned.

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #22 on: 26 Nov 2009, 14:24 »

I guess this really is a lost cause, however, thank you for reading.

Heavyoak

• Furry furrier
  • I ♥ Hannelore
    • Heavyoak's random web stuff
« Reply #23 on: 26 Nov 2009, 17:38 »

I guess this really is a lost cause, however, thank you for reading.

i'm going to try it.

Zingoleb

« Reply #24 on: 26 Nov 2009, 23:39 »

That didn't help much.

If someone is offering you something of value for doing something that costs you nothing on the internet, and gives an added bonus for getting other people to do it, it must be one or more of the following:

(1) a marketing campaign or other spam;

(2) a pyramid scheme or other fraud.

Since spam and fraud are socially undesirable, people with sufficient intellect to know they are being scammed tend to react with hostility.  In most net forums this type of original post will get you ip banned.

Man, just because it costs you nothing doesn't mean it doesn't benefit them. It costs you nothing to read the QC comic (supposing you still do), but Jeph still benefits from it. I still don't understand the negativity from everyone here. I don't see how it's forcing anyone to 'change their buying habits'. I don't see how this is a pyramid scheme, a fraud, or spam (but I can perfectly understand how it's a marketing campaign, which I don't see a problem with).

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #25 on: 26 Nov 2009, 23:56 »

I think mostly because we don't come to this forum to get marketed to.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Zingoleb

« Reply #26 on: 27 Nov 2009, 00:09 »

Well alrighty then.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #27 on: 27 Nov 2009, 00:15 »

Even though I agree with Dovey, I do see the merit in your argument. I mean, technically, this discussion forum is the result of a community of people who all appreciate (and therefore endorse) Jeph's product to varying degrees.

Unless we all hate QC.

who the fuck is jeph, fuck that guy

his name is like jeff but not

tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #28 on: 27 Nov 2009, 10:59 »

Do you guys ever buy something or try something after a friend reccomends it? Why would you do such a silly thing?

That is basically what Avec is doing. Except he is recomending a way for you to make money/receive items.I understand that most of you don't want someone to sell you things, but a)you aren't going to be charged for doing this, and b)he has apologized a number of times about this being spam. If you don't like this thread move on to a different one. I see this as no different than a relative trying to get me to sell Avon to people. Its an easy way to make money.

I understand Paul's arguement that this is causing companies to pay to advertise through this search engine, and that cause prices to go a slight bit up, but what advertising doesn't?

Honestly, there is no reason to be as rude as some of you have been.

The only thing I'm concerned with is that you have to apply to it. I'm not super comfortable with giving out my email/phone number/address to someone who is looking to just advertise to me, and watch what I'm searching. That sounds a bit too creepy. But I also don't let the Camel girls give me free cigarettes at the club.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

the_pied_piper

« Reply #29 on: 27 Nov 2009, 12:26 »

How many personal details do we have to give away?

I am suspecting a lot as it not only would require details for your participation but it would also monitor your internet habits which then leads them to other details about you that maybe you would not have intended them to know in the first place. Personally, I do not trust the people running these "free" sites to keep any information to themselves, not when there is more profit to be made and potential payout money to be recouped.

Also, advertising this kind of thing on the forum when we have all already seen the advertisements and dismissed them is probably one of the reasons that people were rude about it because there is not really any need to be bringing this kind of thing here.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #30 on: 27 Nov 2009, 14:45 »

No phone number is necessary, you theoretically don't even need to use your real name or address as all the transactions(with gift cards) are through your email/swagbucks account.

Oh, and the only time you receive emails is when you buy something; just as a form of a receipt. You are also free to just make an alternate email for things like that, that's what I did.
« Last Edit: 27 Nov 2009, 15:10 by Avec »

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #31 on: 27 Nov 2009, 14:52 »

For those that are trying out the program can enter in this code to get an extra swagbuck:
ewardsRay7sOA1l

It's on the front page once you log in.*
« Last Edit: 27 Nov 2009, 15:01 by Avec »

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #32 on: 27 Nov 2009, 16:18 »

I can kind of see your point, guys who are hating on this idea, but frankly I don't really mind whether people have my address, phone number and email address. It would be extremely simple for anyone to get these details anyway since I'm on the electoral roll and on my university's email database. I have a Nectar card (supermarket loyalty reward card which monitors my purchases and sends me bonus offers sometimes) and I don't see that it's much different.

On the other hand I also have google toolbar and I'm too lazy to make any changes to my habits right now.

the_pied_piper

« Reply #33 on: 27 Nov 2009, 17:39 »

It would be extremely simple for anyone to get these details anyway since I'm on the electoral roll and on my university's email database. I have a Nectar card (supermarket loyalty reward card which monitors my purchases and sends me bonus offers sometimes) and I don't see that it's much different.

The thing is, the government (hopefully) does not sell your information to any company that comes along wanting to buy it and nor should the university.

Presumably you opted out of 3rd party information gathering on the Nectar card but if not then I guess it is pretty similar.

Heavyoak

• Furry furrier
  • I ♥ Hannelore
    • Heavyoak's random web stuff
« Reply #34 on: 29 Nov 2009, 08:17 »

For those that are trying out the program can enter in this code to get an extra swagbuck:
ewardsRay7sOA1l

"The Swag Code you entered has expired. Please enter a valid Swag Code."

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #35 on: 29 Nov 2009, 08:26 »

Majority of codes have to be entered before a certain time or day. I will be sure to post the times of codes, you are also free to use this "swidget," it is updated by the staff and specifies when codes are out. Eighty percent of the time they will just be on there, but there are times where you must solve a riddle, participate in a poll or read their blog. I'm not sure if they will have codes during this week because there is a sale on giftcards.  

ewardsRay7sOA1l

"The Swag Code you entered has expired. Please enter a valid Swag Code."

This code should theoretically work, I found this one under the special offers page. It is update every Thursday and gives you the option to skip through offers to get the weekly code.
« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2009, 08:28 by Avec »

Zingoleb

« Reply #36 on: 29 Nov 2009, 08:29 »

They should not make this so complicated. Do they not realize how hard it is to change someone's habits even when it's free and simple?

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #37 on: 29 Nov 2009, 08:33 »

It really isn't. The codes are a "bonus," and with any bonus there is an extra effort put into the process. Just typing something in the search engine twice a day works too. If you have any questions just ask, I'll try my best to help.

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #38 on: 29 Nov 2009, 16:29 »

Sunday code: Codizzle4bMmNk
Enter it for 1 swagbuck

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #39 on: 29 Nov 2009, 23:55 »

I have read all the discussion from both sides, and I have to agree most with Barmymoo (I swear I know your name but I can't remember it right now).

Avec, I'm gonna sign up for this as soon as I get back to my dorm on Tuesday. Thanks.
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #40 on: 30 Nov 2009, 15:38 »

You're welcome  :-P
Monday code guys; enter in "Swagananza" to get a free swagbuck.
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2009, 15:44 by Avec »

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #41 on: 30 Nov 2009, 16:04 »

Note that they say that sharing active swagcodes can lead to your account being deactivated.  Of course that's unlikely as they'd rather keep you hooked.

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #42 on: 30 Nov 2009, 16:06 »

I guess it is just something they cannot control.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #43 on: 30 Nov 2009, 16:06 »

Unless something's changed, this subforum is private anyways. Or, well, as private as it can get when you get access just by signing up for the forum.

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #44 on: 30 Nov 2009, 16:07 »

I don't think I'm damaging their business anyhow.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #45 on: 30 Nov 2009, 16:23 »

As the site operates as a sweepstake for a fixed amount of swagbucks each month (this is made clear in the rules), the more other people you tell, the less will be available for you to win; so in the end it's your own profits you hurt by telling more people.

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #46 on: 30 Nov 2009, 16:29 »

Does anyone really oppose me posting codes?

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #47 on: 30 Nov 2009, 16:31 »

Nope.

Carry on, my friend.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #48 on: 30 Nov 2009, 16:47 »

Well I find the whole thing strangely unseemly, but other than that I guess not.

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #49 on: 30 Nov 2009, 17:03 »

Once people get the hang of it you could either find the codes on your own or post them on here. Its not like I'm supervising this thing.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up